[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Colosseum worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 51+fpgI2GuL.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51+fpgI2GuL.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
I've been thinking I might get a used copy of Colosseum to hold me over until S&M come out, but is it worth it outside of the story? I've always wanted to play it, but purifying was way more tedious back then without the Purify Chamber so that's kind of a turn off. And there's no unique Pokemon to send to the present games like Gale's Psycho Boost Lugia. I'm going to get it regardless, but I don't know if it's something I need right this second. What I'm asking is, is it fun and how does it compare to Gale of Darkness? (And is getting Ho-Oh a pain in the ass?)
>>
>>29672489
Colosseum is only really worth it for the story, Gale of Darkness is superior in pretty much every other aspect, only music is really debatable.
>>
>>29672506
Colosseum is also more challenging, in my opinion.
>>
>>29672489
It's a better game than XD: GoD, honestly. The plot is better, the end game is way harder, the pacing is better, Wes is the best MC, and the battle music against bosses (Miror B., Nascour) is top tier.
Purifying isn't a chore either, it's fucking easy.
TL;DR:
PLAY THE FUCKING GAMES
>>
>>29672506
Colosseum has better music, difficulty, characters, plot, pacing and final bosses
>>
I enjoyed it as much as Gale so I'd say it's worth it.
>>
>>29672506
Versus mode is way more complete in Colosseum, else you're right.
>>
Do it. But abuse the ball-dupe glitch to save yourself some time.
>>
>>29672489
You just answered all your own questions, pleb
>>
>>29672489
>is it worth it outside of the story?
Yes, you are forced to use Pokémon you wouldn't have used otherwise.

>purifying was way more tedious
There's a glitch actually that has you purify the Pokémon pretty fast.
Go to Agate and keep pressing down at the area between Agate's entrance and the bridge on the right.

>And there's no unique Pokemon to send to the present games like Gale's Psycho Boost Lugia.
True, although I heard some GoD mons can't be transferred anyway.

What I'm asking is, is it fun and how does it compare to Gale of Darkness?
It's fun and I'd say I prefer it over GoD. Difficulty in this game is higher and I actually like the limitation of the Pokémon you can use and I like the Colo admins over the GoD ones.

(And is getting Ho-Oh a pain in the ass?)
Yes. You have to use your in-game team so you're probably best off transferring an EV-trained team from a gen III game.
>>
>>29672570
>better music
I mentioned that
>difficulty
only because you're forced to use shitmons
>characters
Maybe
>plot
I said that
>pacing
I disagree, I never really liked the pacing of Colo
>and final bosses
I couldn't disagree more, the final bosses in GoD felt much more thrilling to fight.
>>
>>29672489
Colosseum is one of the best Pokémon games
>Not developed by Game Freak
>No kanto pandering
>Johto and Hoenn Pokémon focus
>Interesting story
>Playing a badass character that doesn't look like a faggy teen
>Graphics of a 2003 game rivaling those of 2016 Pokémon games
>Actually somewhat challenging
I mean I could go on but the jist of it is PLAY THE FUCKING GAME. If any Pokémon game is worth playing, it's this one.
>>
>>29673014
No, you can transfer all of them once they're purified.
>>
>>29672506
completely incorrect
>>
>>29673014
Getting Ho-Oh is doable with an ingame team. I did it and I'm not some pro strategist. I've always leaned towards offensive Pokémon, so if you go in just trying to KO Pokémon as fast as you can and not trying to set up any too-clever-for-you strategies, you should do OK.
>>
>>29672552
>battle music against bosses (Nascour)
Should I tell him?
>>
>>29675517
/thread
>>
File: miror b.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
miror b.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Yes
>>
>>29672489
I'm really biased towards colosseum but it does have great music, and the story took me a long time to complete so it'll definitely hold you over. maybe just blasting through it will end it sooner but there is still a decent amou t of stuff to do. I like to use a team of bros and you can if you want, the game won't shit on you for picking something besides the most powerful pokemon available.
>>
File: 1468224009015.png (125KB, 473x440px) Image search: [Google]
1468224009015.png
125KB, 473x440px
>>29672489
You need a GBA to send the Pokemon out of the game unless you are using PkmGCTools + PkHex.

I haven't managed to get GoD or Colo on Dolphin to link correctly with VBA, although I did manage to transfer Jirachis out using the bonus disk.
>>
>>29679572
The newest test version of PKHeX supports the Gamecube games.
>>
>>29672552
>>29672570
This. XD is a decent game, but a bad sequel. It has pretty poor pacing, especially opposed to Colosseum which gets the ball rolling quickly. Get it quickly if you can OP, the game has a good bit of length from what I recall
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.