[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always found retarded the way GF represented the duality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

I've always found retarded the way GF represented the duality Ideals/truth with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Ideals are beautiful and benevolent in nature, it fits better with Reshiram, the beautiful angel like dragon.

And people who act motivated by truth are more solid and cold, they act looking by its owns convenience based mostly by intelligence, this fits more for Zekrom, the strong tech looking dragon.

Instead they put it Zekrom=Ideals Reshiram=Truth, why they ruined this? It was on porpuse?
>>
>>29661947
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>29661947

Truth fits better with Yang (which Reshiram represent) and ideal fit better with Yin (which Zekrom) represents.
>>
>>29662049
source?
>>
>>29661947
But the point is that ideals, untempered by truth lead to destruction. The road to hell, as they say, is paved with good intentions. Reshiram, truth, is the brighter of the two options, for it suggests looking on the world with clear eyes to see it as it truly is. The idealist always sees the world through the murky lens of their ideology.
>>
>>29661947
In that case both dragon are representing those dots in the yin-yang symbol, it makes sense for me
>>
File: electric propulsion.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
electric propulsion.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>29661947
Just to play up the reversed yin/yang concept

also truth = natural = torch, while ideals = artificial = generator

Also possibly something about true, natural propulsion vs artificial propulsion. Compare a crude, fire-lit rocket to a high-tech, carefully constructed electromagnetic propulsion system
>>
>>29662074
His ass. He doesn't even know what Yin/Yang means. Hell, he doesn't even realise that there's a very good reason why Yin has a drop of Yang on it and vice versa: balance. That's what Yin/Yang means, White with a dash of Black, Black with a dash of White.
>>
>>29661947
>Ideals are beautiful and benevolent in nature, it fits better with Reshiram, the beautiful angel like dragon.
>
>And people who act motivated by truth are more solid and cold, they act looking by its owns convenience based mostly by intelligence, this fits more for Zekrom, the strong tech looking dragon.
This is just based on your perception.
>>
>>29662128
To further elaborate from >>29662258, you aren't suppose to see which dragon equals which, you're supposed to realise that each dragon has aspects of the other. That's what the dots are. Remember, by the end of the day, they were originally supposed to be one, just like the Taichi yin/yang. Asking which dragon represent which or saying that the dragons represent the dots means lack of understanding of the yin/yang concept from the fundamental level.

source: the fucking yi-ching texts which this yin yang thing is from.
>>
File: 1364867497724.jpg (1MB, 2500x1945px) Image search: [Google]
1364867497724.jpg
1MB, 2500x1945px
>>29661947
I've played BW five times and BW2 three times and I sincerely could not tell you which of them is truth and which is ideals. I got the feeling the game was telling me truth/ideals were effectively the same thing viewed through a different lens, which is a retarded message.
>>
>>29662462
No, they are telling you both are needed. Truth needs a dash of ideal and ideal needs a dash of truth. Seriously, why do people keep ignoring the bit about them being originally one dragon that split?
>>
File: 900px-646Kyurem.png (451KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900px-646Kyurem.png
451KB, 900x900px
>>29662462
I thought the general message was more or less just supposed to be "the world isn't in black and white, it's made up of many shades of grey"
>>
>>29662579
Yes, you got it.
>>
They chose two very general words, without much context. It's easy to spin ether Truth of Ideals to represent whatever you want. That's probably by design.
>>
>>29662579
About 50, to be exact.
>>
File: KanshoBakuyaRender.png (177KB, 679x652px) Image search: [Google]
KanshoBakuyaRender.png
177KB, 679x652px
>>29661947
Truth and Ideal battles make me fucking hard as rock.
Rewatch the fight of Archer vs Shirou and pay attention to which swords they use (truth or ideal, bakuya or kanshou respectively).

But Black and White were very lackluster games for me. The mediocre straight line region with it's tiny routes and lame towns really killed my motivation to get invested in the story.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.