[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you believe them immediately when they were first posted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 39

File: 1466914887223.png (1MB, 1636x392px) Image search: [Google]
1466914887223.png
1MB, 1636x392px
Did you believe them immediately when they were first posted? Or did you deny them? At what point did you accept them?

I was a denialfag up until Mallow. I made a lot of threads debunking the CONFIDENTIAL stamp since we've seen the stamp on Noivern. What a fool I was.

Don't bother replying if you came to the board after Mallow. This is for those who endured the leakfags vs denialfags shitstorm pre-Mallow.
>>
I believed them right away, the art and style just fit GF so much. Mallow made me 100% certain rather than just 90%
>>
>>29657892
I was pretty sure they were true when mid evos released
The cat one was pretty much confirmation
>>
>>29657892
When I saw them, I partially believed them at first, but then I didn't

when mallow showed up, I was still skeptical

It wasn't until the datamining that I believed it.
and here we are
>>
>>29657892
they're fake you idiots
just because they were in a trailer doesn't prove anything
>>
skeptical at first, but then after the mallow reveal, I believed, because you'd have to be a moron otherwise
>>
>>29657892
Pretty much everyone with a brain cell was convinced after Mallow was revealed.
>>
>>29657892
Go look at the original thread, I was in the first 10 or so posts. Thought they looked cool but couldnt help but laugh at litten3 since it looked like they made it specifically to make people mad.
>>
>>29657892
Always had a feeling they were real just because of the nature of their designs and the concept art. Mallow sealed the deal.

Wasn't expecting Ghost type, but the fact that Rowlet learned Astonish and the deck was called "Forest Shadow" made me consider it.
>>
File: hekcoff.png (24KB, 205x280px)
hekcoff.png
24KB, 205x280px
>>29657945
>>
No, I didn't believe them until people started posting about Disarming Voice and The Tiger Mask tweets but I liked them from the start. I always assumed they were just another Roothoot or Ballio until that stuff appeared.
>>
I thought they had a chance of being real, compared to shit like Headwing, Timmy Turner's ruses and Roothoot. But I was still decently skeptical, the art style was good and definitely proffesional, but the concept art was pretty over the top compared to others, although that can just be chalked up to them being the final starter evos thus more important.

But yeah once Mallow was revealed there was zero doubt in my mind about their legitimacy.
>>
>>29657892
Sure, they seemed legit enough. I have an eye for these things.
>>
>>29657892
i just kinda shrugged, figured they could be real or not and we'd find out eventually either way, and if they weren't they were at least skilled fakes. mallow made me positive they were real though.
>>
Believed them right away
Decidueye is just something only GF would do, I can't really explain it
>>
Protip: If /vp/ hates it, it's likely to be real
>>
>>29657892
I didn't believe, even after Mallow. I tried to convince myself it was a coincidence. I finally accepted it once the middle evos were revealed. There was no coming back once we saw Brionne.
>>
I didn't believe it until second evos were released. Mallow made me think it was possible, but I really didn't want Incineroar to be real.
>>
Compared to other Gamefreak concept art, they don't fit.
The formatting is wrong in that they don't have any diagrams and not nearly enough notes. Think engineer's notebook sketches and the level of description that has to go into it.
The art is.. wrong. Look at all the simplistic work and lack of detail in Litten's hands and Rowlet's legs and feet.
Gamefreak doesn't use placeholder names like "Tiger3, Owl3, Seal3". All concept art has the name.
People are suggesting the reason Ash and Pikachu are there is because it's for the anime, however, if it was for the anime, the Pokemon would have to already be completed for the game and have a finalized name. Sometimes, people hair doodle random characters in the art as well. Red was in the concept art form the first trailer

I'm not saying they ARE definitely fake. They may even come from GF. But it is unlikely that these are real.
>>
File: machamp nice meme.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
machamp nice meme.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>29658131
>>
>>29658078
I think it comes down to the fact that fans are predictable when it comes to creating evolutions for starters

This pic for instance is your typical prediction for evolutions
>>
File: 1473453889038.jpg (134KB, 490x623px) Image search: [Google]
1473453889038.jpg
134KB, 490x623px
>>
>>29657892
I thought that it seemed definitely more believable than any other "leak" that was made during that time. Most other fan made things don't usually have all those little side notes explaining how certain details work, like Incineroar's fire belt, Primarina's back half, and Decidueye's head inside the hood.

I didn't entirely believe them, but I definitely kept a closer eye on it more than any other "leak". And then the whole Mallow thing ensued and everyone went crazy, etc.
>>
>>29657892
Fake. Still fake. Always will be fake. If real, I feel sorry for the poor fuckers who choose Pooplio. It got worse and worse. It evolved from garbage already, into worse garbage, and then even worse garbage. It's hilarious, really.
>>
I was mad at first, because a fanartist had somehow tapped into convincing Game Freak design, and it was frustrating that seal couldn't be real. I was leaning more towards it being real as the next few months went by and no source could come out of it.
>>
>>29658163
This.
>>
I was a fence sitter. I kept myself open to the possibility that they could be fake or real, especially since they were leaked so early, but also didn't have a traceable source. I started believing 100% when Mallow was revealed.
>>
File: laughing reaper.gif (1MB, 360x270px)
laughing reaper.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>29658168
HAHAHAHAHA!
AND THEY KEEP DOING IT TO THEMSELVES EVERY FUCKING GENERATION!
>>
>>29657892
I believed them the designs seemed too well thought out.

It even had color codes for fucks sake.
>>
>>29658163
True. Gamefreak has this way of making us think something is going to turn out one way, and then they do something totally different. Like how Popplio became a pop star instead of a typical circus sea lion. The entertainer theme is still there, just not in the way most people would initially think. Some other valid incidences were Decidueye becoming a ghost type and Crabrawler actually evolving, and into a literal yeti crab, too. I think it's more interesting and varied the way Gamefreak does this.

>inb4 shilling
>>
>>29658163
It's amazing how people STILL do that "it gets bigger" shit when almost none of the real starters in the past have done so.

Ballio was one of the few fakes that actually looked like something Gamefreak would design
>>
>>29658168
>looks the same
Well Shit, if you had these, and had them like this, how could you call them fake?! They look the same!!
>>
>>29658163
I feel it's in part thanks to the fact that all fire starters end up as bipeds and people are getting tired of it
>>
>>29658242
I assume that "almost" is for the gen 2 starters. What an odd bunch.
>>
>>29658168
More I demand MORE

>>29658239
We don't know if crabrawler actually evolves yet, my guess is its a counterpart ala sawk and throh, and not ice type despite looking like it (like crabrawler isn't water).

>>29658242
shame about the things attached to ballio. Literally a human and literally a panther.
>>
>>29658287
I liked Canther, but what it was trying to do with its design was too subtle to fit Gamefreak's MO
>>
>>29658287
>my guess is its a counterpart ala sawk and throh
The sprite is physically larger and Crabrawlers aim for the highest point in the landscape (the mountain).
>>
>>29658239

I think one of the biggest surprises was, believe it or not, Alolan Persian.

Literally everyone expected gray sassy Persian and even that turned into, welp, a legitimate persian rather than Kanto Persian's face plastered in Alolan Persian.

The thing is, when you look back at it, Meowth doesn't look all that regal in comparison to its evolution, so when you see Alolan Meowth, did anyone even consider the thought that maybe it pulled a reverse stunt?

>Doofy Meowth > Regal/Sassy Persian
>Regal/Sassy Meowth > Doofy Persian
>>
>>29657892
I thought they were real as soon as I saw them and found out 4chan was the first place they were posted. I was in the original thread trying to shut denialfags up. You can tell by artstyle whether or not something is a fake. I've been playing this shit for like 20 years. Especially when Mallow got announced it was a 110% clear they were real.
>>
>>29658357
>legitimate persian
It really isn't.
>>
>>29657892
When I first saw them, I thought they easily COULD be true, but there was no proof. However, I thought they were easily the best-looking fakes I'd seen.

Believed them fully after Mallow.
>>
33% believed at first because the art was convincing and the designs are really clever

66% when popplio got confirmed to learn disarming voice at E3 and sugimori's tiger mask tweet

100% at mallow
>>
>>29657892
When they were first leaked, I thought they were just really good fakes and secretly hoped decidueye and incineroar would be real. I was still skeptical, but also starting to lean towards the leakfag camp when mallow was revealed. I was only really 100% on board when the datamine revealed them to be real
>>
>>29658287
>Shame about the things attached to Ballio

If I remember, asides from the obvious bulking and clown-like face, he had a jester hat-like appendage in its head that had a growth of red sea sponge (D.I confirmed), the frill simply changed to become more upward (not sure why or what it exactly resembles though), gained the leotard pattern (acrobat/strongman alluding) and its front fins evolved into hands (probably to perform better stunts, ex. juggling/acrobatics). The ball was more something the design would create by will, I think.

The design was still essentially "it gets bigger", but at the same time, tried to surprise with certain drastic elements (the hands and frill change, which isn't really explained).
>>
File: 1470969513461.png (153KB, 356x454px)
1470969513461.png
153KB, 356x454px
When they were first revealed, I actually believed them for a day or so beecause I didn't bother questioning--but after a few days continuing on VP and seeing if Reddit had anything, became very skeptical.

But I saw how staunch and condescending the denialfags got, and decided It's be amazing to watch them get anal crusaded.

Looked lame enough, but professional enough, so I decided to believe in them.

And with every new piece of information, fueled my kek machine.

Finally, btfo! But I could have been btfo too, since my belief was mostly wishful thinking.
>>
>>29658556
I was actually talking about eziowl and the panther, ballio is fine.
>>
File: liars.jpg (212KB, 1200x1120px) Image search: [Google]
liars.jpg
212KB, 1200x1120px
>>29658566
>But I saw how staunch and condescending the denialfags got, and decided It's be amazing to watch them get anal crusaded.

The point of no return every leak season is when denialfags have to make false claims on the Pokemon to create doubt because they finally see they are real. It's no surprise the "hazeldex" spam started right after the mid-evos came out.
>>
>>29658634
That guy really wanted his 15 minutes of fame huh
>>
I can't remember exactly when I saw them but it was when people matched the art up to the pre-release stuff for the anime with Mallow, so I was pretty certain they were real from the start really. Seemed too big of a coincidence.
>>
>>29659890
>>
>>29657892
day 1 acceptance.
it was painful to watch
>>
>>29658168
I believed Luchalitten because it fit GF and made sense with Litten's stylized whiskers that every fake ignored (everyone focused on the rising back hairs, the body oils lore, or muh brimstone meme). I had trouble believing Robinhoot because of that 1 pose where it's raising its finger/feather. Seemed weird and pointless. I still don't get it.
>>
>>29657892
OK it's not from first looks but they grew on me in 2 weeks(before Mallow by far) .....I know they r real then cuz I hate fakes.
>>
File: IMG_2083.png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2083.png
177KB, 501x506px
>>29658192
>>
>>29657892
believed since day 1. glad denialfags got BTFO
>>
>>29657892
>First posted
Not really. It was leak season. But there was something about them that stood out.
>Mallow
Immediately believed. I'm typically skeptical, but I knew that wasn't a fucking coincidence
>>
I only believed them after Mallow was revealed. There was no way in hell that she was a generic Hawaiian girl
>>
File: IMG_2014.png (1008KB, 1039x777px)
IMG_2014.png
1008KB, 1039x777px
>>29657892

The first time I saw these was in early July and I really wanted to Primarina to be real. Pic related was when I started having confidence that it was legit. That month of arguing against denialfags payed off when Mallow was finally revealed in August, and from there, evidence of these being real only kept getting stronger and stronger.

Looking back, it's mind blowing how these leaked so early and turned out to be real the whole time despite the odds.
>>
>>29657892
i believed them when the mallow thing was released honestly
i picked incineroar from the moment it was confirmed desu
>>
>>29657892
>At what point did you accept them?
When I reverse image searched them and only got 4chan and copyright claims, which was about 5 minutes after I first saw them.
I wasn't there for the original thread though. I was a few days late.
>>
I thought they were fake, especially since they came shortly after roothoot

I thought everyone who believed in them had also believed in "the holy hoot", at least until Mallow

I still am not convinced I was wrong
>>
>>29657908
Pretty much this. The art and sensibilities of the designs made them believable until they were completely confirmed when Mallow showed up in that trailer.
All the people in denial were funny and infuriating. There are still people that think it's a trick or something Game Freak is trying to pull...
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 556x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 556x826px
When I first saw them I had a feeling they were real. They were just too clever and creative to be made by fans. Most of the art I saw predicted Popplio to become a clown or strongman, Rowlet to become a gentleman or bigger owl, and Litten to stay on all fours. Very predictable, but Game Freak likes to challenge us and surprise us.

When I learned that Popplio learns Disarming Voice, I was sure they were real. People kept arguing that it didn't mean anything. "Chespin learns Rollout but it's not rock type so it doesn't mean anything" is what they would say. I remember constantly posting that Disarming Voice was a huge indicator of what's to come, that it's not like other early moves like Rollout or Bite because physiology determines the ability to use those moves (not typing), that Disarming Voice fit in with the siren/mermaid theme.

I remember people saying Primarina's hair was too un-Pokemon-like, even though we have Pokemon like Mega Ampharos and Zoroark.

I remember people saying it didn't make sense for Popplio to evolve into a mermaid and not a clown. The circus theme was only ever fanmade head canon. I would argue that a sea lion was a great animal to base a mermaid design on because its natural physiology already resembled a mermaid's. Instead I'd get called furry or gay. One anon even accused me of trying to "stifle" criticism toward Primarina.

These are the kind of people with a sense of entitlement, believing they have a right to claim what is wrong and what is right for Game Freak to decide and do.

That's what happens when you don't allow yourself to be open-minded. You get BTFO.

I'm just happy they're real. All three look fantastic. I love them.
>>
believed immediately
>>
I didn't believe they were real, but mostly because I didn't WANT them to be real. I had taken a liking to Litten at first, so the possibility that "Luchalitten" god i hate that name could become another Fire/Fighting starter made me nervous. But it's actually Fire/Dark so it's all good.
>>
File: IMG_2927.png (1MB, 2688x2308px)
IMG_2927.png
1MB, 2688x2308px
>>29660585
>>
>>29658122
same case as me
>>
Hazeldex
>>
>>29658168
the art is a mistake
>>
File: monkezuma dutygenerate.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
monkezuma dutygenerate.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>29658154
>>
>>29660585
This. Primarina has the most simple yet deeply creative design out of these three. People on this board just hate her because they're scared of girls. Even fake digital fantasy creature ones.
>>
>>29657892
I did believe them 100%, even on the votes
>>
>>29661052
I never really got the outrage over Primarina. It's girly, so what? I'm mostly pissed about Incineroar because it looks like it's in the same vein as most other fire starters since gen 3.
>>
>>29661052
>>29661101
Who hates it for being feminine? I hate it for being ugly, I love feminine pokemon that actually look nice like Sylveon and Gothitelle.
>>
>>29661143
come on, even Muplodocus is awesome
>>
>>29661143
gothitelle
so much worse than primarina that I assumed you were trolling
>>
>>29661143
>Gothitelle.
>>29661204
Same boat.
>>
>>29661204
>>29661218
>having taste this shit
Your ugly mermaid seal clown is bottom of the barrel undeniably garbage and is the worst starter since the Unova trio
>>
File: 1478209662406.png (895KB, 667x1000px)
1478209662406.png
895KB, 667x1000px
>>29661143
I'd really like to know why you think this thing is ugly. Maybe mediocre, but ugly??? I don't see it.
>>
File: Hork.jpg (110KB, 763x1046px)
Hork.jpg
110KB, 763x1046px
>>29661247
You don't know beauty.
>>
>>29657892
ITT: Liars

Nobody believed them.
>>
File: IMG_0110.jpg (54KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.jpg
54KB, 326x343px
>>29661247
>thinks a black layered cake with stubs for legs looks better, let alone is good
>>
>>29657892
I just didn't care if they were or weren't real and filtered the threads and most terms related to them. Cracked off half the board but whatever.
>>
>>29661247
worse than gothitelle? how hard is it to type with braille, anyway?
>>
File: 1473458448932.jpg (123KB, 1440x810px)
1473458448932.jpg
123KB, 1440x810px
>>29661143
>Gothitelle
>>
>>29661294
t. assblasted denialfag
>>
I had a gut feeling they were real immediately, and desperately hoped they were real because I loved all three, but I didn't get married to the idea just in case I was looking at the first fake or fan Pokemon to ever actually capture the intrinsic design direction and style every real Pokemon has.
>>
I "believed" since G.H.G.'s reveal.
>>
I thought it was a not-even-trying-to-be-believable joke set because of Incineroar, though I liked the other two even then.
>>
>>29661255
she is not ugly.
>>
>>29657892
Denied them at first, admitted defeat at Mallow.
>>
>>29657892
june 4th
300 bucks and is enough.
>>
Primarina actually portrays her concept effortlessly and actually looks like what she is. A fucking water-fairy. Unlike tony the tiger and professor owl who I also love, but their designs are without a doubt far more forced & cluttered than primarina's. She's popplio with spikes, headphones and hair. Brionne IS popplio.
>>
>>29657892
denied it until mallow

calling a design with those unusual pigtail styling a 'generic hawaiian girl' was just stupid as fuck.

I was still hoping they would just be early concepts though.
>>
>>29657892
I thought they were possible but was hoping they weren't real because I like all three starters but only like 1/3 finals. After mallow I started to accept it, but still kept some hope..
>>
>>29661585
I personally like the starters, but it would of been pretty cool to see early concepts before the final thing. I'd love to see a collection of the early concept for Pokemon.
>>
>loved Popplio from the start
>liked the concept of Ballio, or a clown evo in general
>also liked the idea of an acrobatic sea lion fellow
>loved Brionne when it was revealed too, it's cute, but it confirms all fears I had, only hope is split evo, but that ain't happenin' either
>can't bring myself to like the shitty mermaid furry waifushit

Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>29661679
About the second line, fourth word.
>>
>>29661723
Sorry I used "of", fampai
>>
>>29661679

Your buzzwords and memes at the end.
>>
>>29661679
> Liking brionne and not primarina
Furry pedophile confirmed.
>>
>>29657892
I thought they were very accurate looking fanmade pokemon at first but didnt believe they were real until Mallow was revealed. I always liked them and hoped they were real.
>>
>>29661746
and bees and dutygenerate neither.
>>
After Mallow, I started slowly to come to terms with it. It took me longer than normal to really accept it as fact though because of primarina and Incinaroar. They look oc-y. Not bad just, they gave me that vibe.
>>
They were believable.

But the real question is...

>Who's the leaker?!
>>
File: Bork.png (347KB, 1200x601px)
Bork.png
347KB, 1200x601px
>>29661744
Don't worry, every now and then we are able to see where we are about to fuck up and stop, you didn't, but at least you asked where it was.
>>
>>29657892
Not a fan at all and didn't initially buy it until they showed the girl. Since then I've accepted it. Ballio was awesome but what are you gonna do about it. Meh
>>
>>29661811
the leaker is the guy who drew that.
>>
Seriously though, brionne is clearly a little girl in a dress, even has eyelashes, pink bubbly eyes, pig tails the whole ensemble. So when people say they like her but hate primarina because she's too girly, yeah you're either pedo or trying to hard to hate on whats possibly the best pokemon this gen.
>>
>>29661909
go back to the toy house and spend 300 bucks designing maymays.
Guess they're right, actually, looks like its working. OP.
>>
File: DAMN.png (68KB, 225x225px)
DAMN.png
68KB, 225x225px
>>29661679
>liked Popplio from the start
>fully expecting it to become a waifumon from the start for no particular reason
>even post about how I expect it to revolutionize clown fetishes or something along those lines
>maybe it was subconcious from the frills and subtle pigtails Popplio had
>ends up a waifumon
>>
>>29661932
Good predicting, my dude

I wonder what clown waifu popp would look like
>>
>>29661811
I'd like to know this as well. My guess is gamefreak did it themselves to generate hype seeing as these starters are kind of a new breed compared to past ones. Thats why they seemed so nonchalant about it all, having fun with the tweets and shit.
>>
File: luke dis OP.jpg (261KB, 1343x813px) Image search: [Google]
luke dis OP.jpg
261KB, 1343x813px
>>29661967
>stale
>>
>>29661983
>My guess is gamefreak
gamefreak posted on /vp/,sure?
>>
>>29661932
Didn't expect primarina not gonna lie, but I have always thought popplio was more a girl pokemon. It kills me when people try to act like it was "such a bro" just to throw shade on primarina. Popplio had what I'd like to call the Delphox Effect. So ugly we didn't care to acknowledge that is was feminine.
>>
>>29662075
The leaks didn't originate here. Surprising how many don't know this.
>>
First time I saw the leaks, I thought the girl next to Punchcat was a little too legitimate looking to be fake. The Mallow reveal confirmed my suspicions.
>>
>>29657892
I remained neutral at first, then Mallow came out and I thought

>They could be real, but they could also be scrapped concepts

Then the middle evo's came out. Brionne sealed the deal for me.
>>
>>29661932
You must be a genius
>>
I was hoping they weren't real and held on to belief they were fake until Mallow happened. When Mallow did happen I accepted it and jumped ship to Team Rowlet.
>>
>>29657892
I was kind of skeptical, and honestly most of that was due to Primarina. I thought it was a bit TOO feminine to be a starter. Yeah yeah, Braixen, whatever, but imo Primarina looked undeniably female. Obviously I was wrong.

Likewise, I saw Incineroar as looking too much like a fire/fighting. I didn't think GF would do that again, at least not this soon, but also figured that whoever drew it was playing on the fanbase too hard. I was partially right, and over time I started to believe it was going to be fire/dark instead.

Decidueye I could see right away. Nothing in it's design really conflicted or seemed off.

I pretty much became a full believer when the Mallow thing showed up though. No way I believed that could be a coincidence.
>>
I knew instantly that they were the real deal. Funnily enough, I also knew that the leaked first evos way back were fake.
>>
File: Mitsuzane.jpg (56KB, 666x464px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuzane.jpg
56KB, 666x464px
>>29663265
>Brionne sealed the deal for me.
I chuckled, good one.
>>
Filtered the threads from day one as soon as it became apparent that it would just be another shitty board wide argument. Didn't care if they were real or not.
>>
>>29657892
I had a feeling they were real. There was a level of detail dedicated towards their personalities, specifically Incineroar's facial expressions and Decidueye closing its hood that just struck me as unique for some reason. Almost all concept art I've seen before this never had anything like that. So you'd think that would make this seem less real rather than more, but something just stuck with me about it. The amount of thought that went into not only the designs but even how they acted, all crammed together on one sheet rather than spread out in huge detail like with Ballio just seemed like the perfect storm to me.

I still had my doubts of course. Incineroar's fingers did and still do bother me and Primarina in general seemed lacking compared to the other two, in addition to being quite different from Popplio. But Mallow erased all of those doubts.
>>
>>29661768
This pretty much. I immediately assume all leaks are fake until proven otherwise. And I was hoping the owl was real anyway.
>>
>>29658192
I will laugh my ass off when you got beaten hard by a player who uses it in online battle. A slap to your face, moron.
>>
>>29657945
Are you an idiot or simply a moron? Either way, it's both, you denialfag
>>
>>29665673
ur supposed to laugh not fall for the bait
unless you're meme-falling for the bait in which case carry on
>>
>>29657892
I didn't believe they were real until Torracat was revealed and it was said it makes a ringing sound with its bell. Immediately made me think of wrestling bells so that's when I accepted them as real. Mallow didn't convince me enough.
>>
>>29657892
When I first saw the image I thought "Oh. That's them." Never doubted.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 363x338px)
image.jpg
41KB, 363x338px
>>29657892
I thought they were fake at first because the board was absolutely spammed with fake starter evos at that time, and the art style looked similar to Ballio and the other 2 abominations that were usually posted alongside him. The seal's design was also about on par with most fake evos I've seen on Deviantart. The only things that made me doubt myself at that point were Ghostowl's wing-bow, which was a tad too creative for an average deviantautist, and Luchalitten's fire belt (also quite creative).

The moment I saw Mallow I knew they were the real deal. I still can't believe we got them to leak even earlier than the gen 5 starters...
>>
>>29658131
>Owl3
>Tiger3
>Seal3
This makes me wonder whether the concept artwork predates their names, either that or they're production codenames.
>>
I thought they'd be real immediately mainly because of Incineroar. Pretty much every fan design for Litten evolutions were quadrapeds, and it would be typical Gamefreak to make it yet another biped with a drastic change during evolution. It so screams "only Gamefreak would do something like this" that I instantly believed it.
>>
>>29667192
I'm with this anon, this is pretty much what I thought when first seeing them.
>>
>>29662165
where did they come from, then?
>>
when I first saw them, I was surprised at how I couldn't actually find anything wrong with them like all the other fake as fuck leaks /vp/ likes to believe
I didn't scream real or fake but I waited to see whether anyone would come forward to say they made them
when mallow got announced, I knew they were real. I still don't understand how people denied that evidence.
>>
>>29658242
Typhlosion
>>
>>29657892
Agnostic through all of it. I couldn't care less, and it didn't matter to me whether that doodle was mallow or not.
>>
>>29657892
I didn't give them much more credibility than other supposed leaks at the beginning, although they were definitely more possible than the Ballio bullshit. Sugi being a wrestlefag was too coincidental for me and too many idiots didn't get how twitter worked and thought he did the comic himself instead of realizing that it was just a retweet due to the anniversary of the original real life Tiger Mask's death. Disarming voice was a better argument but it didn't fully win me over either.
After Mallow they were obviously real though. The whole generic Hawaiian girl thing, or everything else inane the deniers came up with after that, was just pathetic to read.
>>
>>29657892

I believed at first but kept my skepticism. Mallow killed that doubt and I couldn't be happier especially with the typings they got.

>>29661811

One of the members of the animation team, either for the anime or the Movie under production.
>>
>>29664679
Braixen is literally a little girl in a french maid outfit, that skips around with her hand on her hip, twirling a flaming stick. Gamefreak went out of their way to make sure that thing was seen as a girl especially in the anime & pokken. Primarina MAY appear more feminine because of her long hair, but in no way is she more of a vagina than that fox. You haters kill me.
>>
>>29668237
And Delphox is a MILF in a dress
>>
File: fake.png (55KB, 250x250px)
fake.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>29657892
I've still yet to see proof that this abomination is real. And no, just because it appeared in an "official" main series game doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>29668237
Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I don't care if Braixen and Delphox are foxes, that doesn't make them more feminine. You're in denial if you think otherwise.
>>
>>29657892
I believed them right away, but hated them.
Now I kinda like Owl and Cat.
The only thing that BTFO me this gen is the fact that:
-Drampa and Turtonator are single stages
-Crabrawler evolves, and Komala doesn't.
>>
>>29657892
I thought they were too good to be true
>>
>>29668237
>literally a little girl in a french maid outfit,

Skirt and pantyhose, sure, but have you ever seen a maid outfit or are you just talking out of your rectum?
>>
Always believed, completely in line with Gamefreak's aesthetic and style in a way most fake leaks just are not.
>>
>>29661052
>creative
>let's take a generic mermaid-esque shape
>all slap all the aqua-girly shit we can possibly can

The only cliche thing missing from Primarina is a seashell bra
>>
>>29668301
>too good
>Incineroar
>Primarina

>too good
>>
File: 1477908878537.jpg (225KB, 800x537px)
1477908878537.jpg
225KB, 800x537px
>>29668361
>Butthurt
>over an opinion
>>
>>29668237
>french maid outfit
Nigga, she's a magical girl. Puffy skirts and stockings are a staple there.
>>
0% belief at initial release

20% belief after Mallow

85% belief after Torracat

99% belief after datamining

100% belief after official video

Initially hated Luchalitten and it's grown on me to the point where it's top 10. The guy that explained he imagined hanging out with his pokemon turned it around for me. I want a piggy back ride.
>>
>Initial leak
Among the shitstorm of fake evolutions flooding the board, I found Decidueye pretty cool with the weird arm-bow thing. I had a problem with the wings (still do, they look fucking stupid, a little more feather detail wouldn't hurt), but I though it would be a cool evolution for rowlet. Incineroar look like a mock-up evo for the whole Fire/fighting meme. I dismissed the evos as fake because of Incineroar mostly because I was team Litten at the time and I really didn't want a Blaziken rerun. Primarina look stupid with all those frills and hair, and still does, and Milotic does the mermaid thing better, but I hated Pooplio anyway, so I didn't give a fuck.

>Mallow
Started believing them, because it was too much of a coincidence. Part of me remained denialfag because I didn't want to believe GF would be so creatively bankrupt to turn Litten into another martial arts fire starter. Facts are facts and I went to Team Rowlet

>Mid-evos
As soon as I saw those frills on that shitstain that is Brionne I knew they were real. A second look at Torracat and I noticed those front paws on their way to become the awful jointless rubber limbs Incineroar has instead of proper arms. No point in still remaining part denialfag

And in the end of all this a semi-decent group of starters evolved into the easily worst starter group so far, only Decidueye is cool, the other two can go die in a fire. I was never really big in athro shit and stupid clothe-like sploches of color and appendages though, so Incineroar and Primarina tick all the wrong boxes for me
>>
>>29668298
Where did the guy say that it has anything to do with them being foxes? He just called it "that fox".
>>
>>29668426
It's kinda sad you had someone Stockholm Syndrome yourself into liking Incineroar
>>
>>29668426
>20% belief after Mallow
How can you possibly be this stupid?

>99% belief after datamining
HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE THIS STUPID!?
>>
>>29658242
Venusaur
Blastoise
Typhlosion
Meganium
Feraligator
Sceptile
Swampert
Empoleon
Torterra
Infernape
>>
>>29668520
faggot
>>
File: 1470754247624s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470754247624s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>29668436
>Decidueyefags STILL projecting
>>
File: IMG_0231.png (101KB, 333x250px)
IMG_0231.png
101KB, 333x250px
>>29657892
i was a Denialfag till the trailer where it shows them in action, it's because I had really high expectations for Rowlet turning into a Grass/dark long neck owl (pic related). I'll probably choose Litten
>>
>>29658131
Nintendo put the ninja frog in Smash4 before official name
>>
>>29657892
I saw no reason to disbelieve them. The idea that Rowlet > Decidueye and Popplio > Primarina were too far distanced creatively to be the same line didn't fly with me because I remembered what a shock Torchic > Blaziken was the first time I saw it. On the same note, I never thought that Game Freak would be 'too stupid' to make another bipedal, martial arts-based Fire starter. Sure, we wouldn't like it, but what's really stupid- Doing something that's worked for over a decade, or changing it to please a small number of people who aren't even your core demographic any more?
>>
>>29667161
Sakurai said in interviews that Greninja was chosen for Smash after it had a finalized design but before it had a name, Masuda confirmed in an interview for SM the names on concept and referece sheets for the games lately are very plain with for example Crabrawler just being called "Crab1".
>>
>>29668529
I think you're the faggot with all the butt hurt you have
>>
File: pixiv59713400_1.png (310KB, 749x940px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv59713400_1.png
310KB, 749x940px
>>29668533
As an owlfag I want to salvage our reputation a bit. I like Popplio's line due to being an idolfag and I'm fairly neutral about Incineroar.
I was a bit disappointed at the beginning because I didn't want a heel wrestler, but for his fans he must be a blast and he has a neat logical progression in his evolution line too. His character is also prime material for gags and thanks to things like pic related he's continually growing on me. He won't become my favorite starter but he's okay in my book.
>>
>>29669315
>he has a neat logical progression in his evolution line

>cat
>bigger cat
>suddenly anthro wrestler

The only thing connecting Torracat to Incineroar are the beefy arms and the weird fire organ thing. Incineroar does an awful job at a logical progression. At least Pignite bridged Tepig and Emboar nicely
>>
>>29669349
Torracat's torso becomes more humanoid and less catlike as well.
>>
>>29669349
I meant character wise. He goes from the calm little shit that controls his emotions to a bratty little spoiled teenager that likes to brawl to a full blown hot-blooded heel. All three of them have a lot of character put into their progression and I appreciate that.
Design wise is debatable, but Torracat showed enough hints that he would stand up and become something fighter related with those beefy forelegs and the description. Even without the leaks I would have been sure that he would stand up after his midevo was shown.
>>
File: Canther dead.png (685KB, 694x900px) Image search: [Google]
Canther dead.png
685KB, 694x900px
>>29657892
I believed them, enough so that I made these edits
>>
File: Owltair dead.png (765KB, 694x900px)
Owltair dead.png
765KB, 694x900px
>>29669446
>>
File: Ballio dead.png (779KB, 694x900px)
Ballio dead.png
779KB, 694x900px
>>29669466
>>
>>29669446
>>29669466
>>29669477
>Liking Copyrighted abominations
Leave and never come back.
>>
>>29657932
This. I figured they might have been early concept but were still in the process of fixing them up a little.
>>
File: 65805421.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
65805421.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>29668141
>One of the members of the animation team, either for the anime or the Movie under production.
>>
File: lodsamone.gif (1MB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
lodsamone.gif
1MB, 394x297px
>>29669560
>STILL being a balliofag
>>
>>29669567
Those sheets were obviously for the anime, there was no way they would still "fix" them this late in.
>>
>>29669420
And how boring is yet another hot-blooded meathead for a fire starter. My god, it's so unremarkable. Incineroar really does nothing original

The only hint that Torracat stands up are the animations, and Im pretty sure that if Incineroar was not known no one would say "bipedal", they'd just make a tiger with really strong forelegs.
>>
>>29657892
I believed them cause they seemed too high quality and well designed to be fake.
>>
>>29658122
Almost exactly this, except that I always liked Incineroar
>>
File: Cream of the Crop.png (164KB, 615x477px) Image search: [Google]
Cream of the Crop.png
164KB, 615x477px
>>29669755
>boring
Not at all.
I'm having a good time!
>>
>>29669755
That's what fire typically stands for, what did you expect? At least he does the typical fire hothead with a bit of a gimmick. Sure it's kinda boring that he's basically just another fire/fighting design just with dark slapped on him because heel, but aside from that general disappointment his design is consistent with the core idea behind it and that's what's primarily important for me.
I accepted long ago that GF has a boner for fire/fighting so I'm actually glad that they tried to make their favorite shit at least a bit different with the dark typing and the heel connection this time.

Then you're retarded or in denial. His whole body proportions and the attention they put on his frontlegs would have been just odd for something that would continue to stay on all fours. Hell, they even call his attack cat punch and how he bends iron bars with it. Even without Incineroar this screams biped fighter at least if your head isn't up your ass.
>>
>>29657892
I was skeptical at first, but became 90% certain with their legitimacy after Mallow was revealed.
First Impressions: liked the owl, was surprised by the other two, but was ok with them
>>
>>29658465
Flat face, plus persians are this way because of breeding, just as pokedex implies about Alolan Meowth
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>29668436
>only Decidueye is cool, the other two can go die in a fire. I was never really big in athro shit and stupid clothe-like sploches of color and appendages though, so Incineroar and Primarina tick all the wrong boxes for me
>implying Decidueye doesn't do these things too

Nice delusion and double standards.
>>
>>29657892
I didn't believe or disbelieve. I never said they were real or fake. It was like looking at fan art. It doesn't even cross your mind.

What I did think was that I liked the tiger. I saw him and liked him and thought that I would like to use it. When mallow was revealed then I was glad it was real. Sort of disappointed because I'm a grass fag and the owl looked like complete shit, but glad the tiger was real
>>
>>29670135
Opinions have the right to be retarded.
>>
>>29670167
Can people stop answering like this? You're not cool.
If you weren't convinced of their authenticity, then that's denial. This thread is asking when you accepted them.
>>
>>29668436
>Milotic is a mermaid

Love this meme.
>>
>>29670198
Only the sith deal in absolutes. Maybe you go around angrily denying or believing things, but I don't. Whether or not it was legit never crossed my mind. I just thought the tiger was cool. Then a few months later mallow was revealed and I knew they were real. It was a nice surprise when that first guy posted the picture again but with mallow circled out
>>
>>29657892
Too many lying shits on here saying they believed it from the get-go

Denialfags were aplenty, far, far more than leakfags at the start
>>
>>29670261
No,dutygenerate is not for love.
>>
>>29668613
>because I remembered what a shock Torchic > Blaziken was the first time I saw it.
Fucking this, gen 2 was the only time GF didn't pull this type of shit at least once.

Wartortle to Blastoise is absurd but no questions it because we're already used to it.
>>
>>29657892
Honestly, like a day or rwo after theu dropped.

But aftrr looking a the artwork itself, and other reference sheets. I started believing it looked too accurate to Gamefreaks style and Gamefreaks design choices to completely disregard as "fake."

Also making connections from the descriptions given for the first stages.
>>
I didn't want to believe it because I dislike both the grass/fire final evos, but I loved the water one... luckily for me, Primarina is true <3
>>
>>29670135
The only cloth-like thing on Decidueye is the hood, but it actually looks organic and somewhat possible unlike Incineroar's absolutely stupid flame sac around his waist and all the aqua girly shit all over Primarina
>>
>>29670261
>red fins to resemble hair
>very fish-like bottom half, with visible multicolored scales

I know you being a Primarinafag and all can't understand subtelty on design, but you can indeed make a mermaid without slapping frills, pearls, spikes and sea stars all over the place.
>>
>>29657908
>the art and style just fit GF so much.
It's not even GFs work. You can tell that it isn't their work.

That said it's way too detailed and emotive to be a fake.
>>
When I first saw them, I thought that the artist had managed to emulate, in a way, the way GF works, but I also thought that (1) Popplio's final stage was a long stretch from what I assumed the company wanted to do with Popplio (I was considering the bubbles and clown movements to be more important than they were revealed to be) , and (2) Rowlet's final stage, though a good idea, seemed the least gamefreakish thing to me. But when Mallow was a thing it was impossible to deny that those came out of Game Freak as well.
>>
>>29671773
Oh shut up. I love its design but decidueye is one of the worst poke-clothing offenders ever, dude literally has on a suit with a cape, and a hood WITH fully functional drawstrings mind you. Nothing about his design is "organic" and its why he looks nothing like rowlet or dartrix. Primarina's "pearls" are bubbles which she creates & manipulates. The spikes are actually fin-like to help with stuff such as, hmm idk, swimming? you fuckin moron. A lot of aquatic animals have frills, and there are two starfish on each side of her head that resemble headphones which makes perfect sense when you consider that she's a pop star that sings in battle. Her design is the most organic and clever of the three...I don't care for inceniroar enough to comment on him. They could've done his legs better I guess, and the belt is a bit of a stretch but not as much as decidueye's get up.
>>
>>29672493
Unlike Primarina's details, Decidueye's hood looks really ruff, so there's a duspension of desbelief than that can simply be a mass. Also it's grasss type, and grass starters tend to be animals that form symbiosis with plants, so that simply the vine plant growing around the head in a hood fashion. And the strings have a natural precedent in Vine Whip.

Meanwhile Primarina's spikes serve no function and only serve to fuck up yhe hydrodynamic. Nothing ever has suck stupid decorative frills, specially not sea lions, and specially not looking like an acessory slapped on. And altough the stars make sense with the idolshit theme they don't look natural at all. So eithet all Primarinas have horriffying star-shaped tumours growing on their heads or for some reasons all of then look for mini-staryu to drcorate themselves. And talking about hair, how can you claim Primarina looks remotely organic wiyh that Barbie-tier wig? Primarina is the farthest from natural, it looks like they put a sea lion through one of thosr flash games where you decorate a character
>>
>>29657892
Denialfag until the datamine, slightly doubtful still until the official trailer.
I didn't know about Mallow b/c I wasn't super interested in the leaks and I got bored of /vp/ for a few months around that time. When I came back the shitstorm was mostly over.
>>
I didn't necessarily believe at first, but I hoped they were real because that would mean that the shitty Ballio evolutions were fake.
>>
At first i was very "maybe, they are drawn right but you never know. Once Mallow was revealed, I figured they were more likely then not real. I never fully believe leaks even when they include accurate information, since in other instances people have used things they know to be true as a flase flag to include lies. Once the second stages were shown I was fully convinced. I've liked all three from the beginning, but there are like 5 pokemon total I don't like so that's not saying much.
>>
>>29672493
Blastoise
>>
>>29670198
>If you weren't convinced of their authenticity, then that's denial.
No, denial is the act of declaring something to be untrue. If you ask me if your father's car is red, and I say that I don't know, I'm not telling you that it's blue.
>>
>>29658131
GameFreak does use nickname, you faggot. Keep up.
>>
>>29672764
>And altough the stars make sense with the idolshit theme they don't look natural at all.

Neither do Blastoise's cannons by that logic. Primarina is still following the design philosophy of some Water starters of the past, so there's no problem.

>And talking about hair, how can you claim Primarina looks remotely organic wiyh that Barbie-tier wig?

Because it doesn't look like actual hair in the literal sense. It you watch its animations, it moves like water. And this isn't the first Pokemon with "hair" either. We've had Suicune, Zoroark, and M-Ampharos and others in the past, so again, no issue here.

It's funny how you can make up excuses for Decidueye's hoody but just brush off Primarina's design features as slapped on and "unnatural", when said features can be seen on older Pokemon.
>>
>>29657892
I belived after Mallow
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.