[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Pokemon ORAS has so many Legendaries? And why Zekrom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: cb4dl5sdmscg4vorpoqb.png (703KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
cb4dl5sdmscg4vorpoqb.png
703KB, 800x499px
Why does Pokemon ORAS has so many Legendaries? And why Zekrom and Dialga are in the worst Version?
>>
So that players who started with Gen 6 can complete the NatDex.
>>
>>29653296
because hoopa rings
>>
>>29653313
But Hoopa ins't in the Game so it doesn't make sense
>>
>>29653296

Pentagon rule.
>>
>>29653296
>And why Zekrom and Dialga are in the worst Version?
Well, that IS the appropriate place for the worst legendaries.
>>
>>29653296
>Why are the legendaries from the cold-toned versions in the cold-toned version?
I don't know, anon, why do you think?
>>
>>29653296
To hide the lack of post game.
>>
>>29653397
SHIT TASTE
>>
>>29653479
Isn't the Delta episode enought for a Postgame?
>>
>>29653296
Hoopa rings.
Blue legendaries in Sapphire. (Zekrom tail's generates blue lightnings and sparks)
Red in Ruby. (Reshiram's tail generate Orange/Red Incandescent flames)
>>
>>29653365
This, and to give people a chance at pokemon they may not be able to obtain if they do not have previous games, or to give them a chance to catch legendaries with stats they want.
>>
>>29653528
>Blue legendaries in Sapphire.
>Red in Ruby.
>muh color theory
>>
>>29653528
>saying this when Latios is in OR and Latias is in AS
>>
>>29653696
Legacy box legends only.
>>
>>29653528
>Blue legendaries in Sapphire. (Zekrom tail's generates blue lightnings and sparks)
>Red in Ruby. (Reshiram's tail generate Orange/Red Incandescent flames)
Then why is Palkia in OR?
It's color is closer to Blue than it is Red.
>>
>>29653758
>pink is closer to blue than red
>implying pink isn't literally tinted white
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>29653807
Tinted red, I mean.

Fuck post deletion.
>>
File: 250px-484Palkia[1].png (73KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-484Palkia[1].png
73KB, 250x250px
>>29653807
>palkia
>pink
Greys and purples nigga
>>
>>29653833
Think he means the jewels in the shoulders
>>
>>29653931
Well that's retarded.
That's like saying Zekrom is red because his eyes are.
>>
>>29653358
Technically, it's rings are.
>>
>>29653958
It's on the box for Pokemon Pearl. Pretty sound arguement to me
>>
>>29654003
Which still depicts it as purple and grey.
Also Pearly is a secondary game ie a "blue" game.
>>
>>29654031
I never said Pearl depicts it as pink, it's just it has pink pearls in it's shoulders, just like Dialga has a blue diamond in his chest
>>
>>29654031
>just because I don't like the cover legendary it's the secondary game
>>
Alpha Sapphire is canon, not Omega Ruby
White/W2 is canon, not Black/B2
Diamond is canon, not Pearl (besides Pt, you know)
Heart Gold is canon, not Soul Silver

That's why legendaries appears in that groups (in ORAS, HGSS and BW2): Ho-oh-Kyogre-Latias-Dialga-Zekrom and Lugia-Groudon-Latios-Palkia-Reshiram

Heart Gold > Soul Silver > Crystal > Gold > Silver
Alpha Sapphire > Omega Ruby > Emerald > Sapphire > Ruby
Platinum > Dialga > Palkia
White > Black
White 2 > Black 2
X > Y
Sun > Moon
>>
>>29654062
see >>29653958

As for Dialgia, it's predominantly Blue even without considering his gem. Palkia on the other hand isn't predominantly pink.

>>29654083
It's a secondary game because it is literally second in the listings.
No one ever refers to them as Pearl and Diamond.
>>
>Tapus are probably the neatest legendaries we've had in terms of theming since, probably Gen 2.
>in Gen 8 there will be a Gen 5 remakes where you can probably find one of them hanging in a cave each thursday, depending on the season or some shit.
This kind of thing is a necessary evil, but it puts me off.
>>
>>29654115
>Alpha Sapphire is canon
Literally impossible.
The aqua suit wasn't designed for high temperatures meaning the protag in AS would have burned up exiting and reentering the atmosphere.

Also it makes no sense for Aqua to steal a sub or train water types when they're a predominantly water type team.

Oh and Ho-oh is in Omega Ruby
>>
>>29654118
You just referred me to a post I was tagged in. Ok.
>>
>>29654189
Because you need to read it.
Repeating the same thing again in a different post doesn't make it any less stupid.
>>
>>29654227
I wasn't saying I had a problem with it, I was just pointing it out cause at first it sounded like you thought it was two different people
>>
>>29653397
You take that back! Palkia is a penis, and Reshiram is ugly! Dialga and Zekrom are clearly the better ones!
>>
>>29654168
ORAS is about colors, anon was right about groups in HGSS and BW2 (Groudon is in SS, Kyogre in HG)

also AS shows something about Jirachi and Archie, unlike OR. There's some plot unshowened in OR, of course is not canon

>Also it makes no sense for Aqua to steal a sub or train water types when they're a predominantly water type team
... you mean "makes no sense for Magma to steal a sub or train water types when they're a predominantly ground/fire type team", right?
>>
>>29653296
Bescause ORASS desperately needed more shit in it so players don't realize its the worst pokemon game to date.
>>
>>29653296
To provide an alternative for those not wishing to use PokeBank due to it being a costly method of transferring mons from past games.
>>
>>29654321
>anon was right about groups in HGSS and BW2 (Groudon is in SS, Kyogre in HG)
Black and White 2 didn't have the weather and gods nor Ho-oh and Lugia meaning the only games to go on are HGSS and ORAS the former only having Groudon and Kyogre as exclusives as the God trio were all available in the Arceus event. In other words they don't matter and there has never been a real set group for them.

>also AS shows something about Jirachi and Archie, unlike OR.
Which doesn't have any bearings on anything and stands only as a reference. Also if you're going to take that route Maxie has actual motives for wanting to expand the land into the sea, to allow humans the room to evolve.
Archie wanted pure anarchy for no reason.

>"makes no sense for Magma to steal a sub or train water types when they're a predominantly ground/fire type team", right?
The fact that they're a ground/fire type team is why it makes sense. They don't specialize in Water types so they need a common and easy to train pokemon they can catch multiples of to ferry their team back and forth. Whereas Aqua specializes in Water type pokemon with many members already having adequate pokemon that can fit the job of the wailmer they were training.
>>
>>29654436
>due to it being a costly method of transferring mons from past games.
Dude, it's five (insert currency) a year.
If you have a minimum wage job you can pay that just by working for an hour.

What was costly was purchasing a second system.
>>
>>29654115
Actual, Omega Ruby is Canon. It goes like this.

>Red
>Gold
>Ruby
>Emerald (2 years after RS)
>Daimond
>HG
>White
>Black 2
>X or Y
>Omega Ruby
>S&M (tbd)
>>
>>29654572
Latias are linked to Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire, Latios to Ruby/Omega Ruby. Latias appears in W2 and Latios in B2.

Also
>"In Stargazer Colosseum in Pokémon Battle Revolution, some of the Pokémon in the last battle depend on which game is linked to the Wii. If Diamond is linked, one of the Pokémon is Ho-Oh, Gold's game mascot, and if Pearl is linked, one of the Pokémon is Lugia, Silver's game mascot."
>"In Stargazer Colosseum in Pokémon Battle Revolution, some of the Pokémon in the last battle depend on which game is linked to the Wii. If Diamond is linked, one of the Pokémon is Kyogre, Sapphire's game mascot, and if Pearl is linked, one of the Pokémon is Groudon, Ruby's game mascot."

Basically
Kyogre-Latias-Dialga-Zekrom(W1's legendary)
Groudon-Latios-Palkia-Reshiram(B1's legendary)

>Maxie has actual motives, Archie wanted pure anarchy for no reason
How you can be so wrong...? Are you even played Sapphire, Alpha Sapphire or Emerald? Maxie wants human evolution (even if that kills water pokemon and a lot of humans too), Archie wants more pokemon ecosystems (even if that kills land pokemon too and humans).

>ground/fire gimmick makes sense
>Team Magma hideout (instead Team Agua's) placed in the middle of water makes sense
>Ground/Ground-Fire type pokemon (instead Water type pokemon) sleeping in an underwater cavern makes sense
>Team Magma (instead Team Aqua) in the Oceanic Museum makes sense
Hoenn story was made for Aqua being the villains, why do you think Magma in Emerald got a NEW hideout and a new quest (rocket's fuel)? Because the "vanilla story" is for Sapphire and Team Aqua.
>>
>>29653617
This is true:

>Ho-Oh and Lugia
>Red Shellos and Blue Shellos
>Throh and Sawk
>Tornadus Therian's red gem and Thundurus' skin color
>Skrelp and Clauncher
>>
>>29654879
>Latias are linked to Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire, Latios to Ruby/Omega Ruby. Latias appears in W2 and Latios in B2.
Once again proving the "groupings" don't matter. Especially since in ORAS neither of the Eon duo weren't exclusive due to the Eon Ticket, which has been the case since the creation of the game come to think of it. The same goes for HG/SS which is why I'm guessing you omitted them in your groups later on, due to their lack of exclusivity.

Not to mention the only game to have a "complete" set is ORAS themselves. Without any other games there's no pattern to be had here.

>If Diamond is linked, one of the Pokémon is Ho-Oh, Gold's game mascot, and if Pearl is linked, one of the Pokémon is Lugia, Silver's game mascot."
Making it
Dialga, Ho-oh, Kyogre
Palkia, Lugia, Groudon

Except Ho-oh and Lugia are the discrepancies here on account of the fact they belong to the other group in the game they're all in so it's
Dialga, Lugia, Kyogre
Palkia, Ho-oh, Groudon

So we're left with just
Dialga, Kyogre
Palkia, Groudon
Which was only ever a thing in one game and one spin off. That's not enough to make a sound conclusion or grouping.

> Archie wants more pokemon ecosystems
He wants to flood the planet. Regardless of if he's aware or not it would only create a SINGLE ecosystem rather than multiple as you imply
Also he doesn't want to work for the benefit of Pokemon he wants to destroy everything and start fresh
>"I've been waiting so long for this day to come. We humans have disregarded Pokémon and nature both in our endless pursuit of our own desires and needs… And in the process, we've created this broken and disordered world… But this is the day when I finally obtain the power to return everything to how it once was―to return to our beginnings!
Don't make assumptions when you haven't played the game.

Cont.
>>
>>29654879
>>ground/fire gimmick makes sense
Yes, why wouldn't it? If you hadn't noticed the world is predominantly water and things like over population are problems. Expanding the land would
>>Team Magma hideout (instead Team Agua's) placed in the middle of water makes sense
For one, it's placed on the edge of the land more than it is in the water.
Two their goal from the start was to awaken and control Groudon they needed the sea base to store the submarine. Archie on the other hand should have had access to something like a sub already.
>>Ground/Ground-Fire type pokemon (instead Water type pokemon) sleeping in an underwater cavern makes sense
Did it ever occur to you that Primal Groudon's ability causes water to evaporate?
Also do you know of the rain cycle? Meaning that without Groudon's ability constantly active anymore there would be an extreme downpour flooding the area around the cave. That's often how real underwater caves are formed too anon.
>>Team Magma (instead Team Aqua) in the Oceanic Museum makes sense
Yes because if you had played the game either team was only there to secure ship parts.
Which again does not make sense for a water oriented team like Aqua who would have such supplies.
>>
>>29655630
>Expanding the land would solve nearly every problem and actually create new ecosystems like you thought Archie wanted
I should have looked over my post after I came back.
>>
>>29653313
Hoopa rings are fucking dump, how do they even work? You're telling me Palkia, master of dimensions, can be dragged out by a fucking pussy ass genie?
>>
>>29655719
>Palkia is floating through his universe
>suddenly ring
>can't stop
>in a new world
>>
>>29655437
>We humans have disregarded Pokémon and nature both in our endless pursuit of our own desires and needs… And in the process, we've created this broken and disordered world… But this is the day when I finally obtain the power to return everything to how it once was―to return to our beginnings!
Archie is pretty retarded and hypocritical.
Not only does he say he's doing it for Pokemon but he's disregarding the larger variety of Pokemon on land that he's going to brutally kill.

Truly anarchy incarnate.
>>
>>29654879
>Archie wants more pokemon ecosystems (even if that kills land pokemon too and humans).
No, he just wanted to purify the sea and fuck over everything else including Pokemon.
Having his whole "I WANT TO DO IT FOR THE POKEMON" doesn't change the fact that his logic and motives are completely nonsensical in comparison to Maxie in both gens

>Hoenn story was made for Aqua being the villains, why do you think Magma in Emerald got a NEW hideout and a new quest (rocket's fuel)?
Because they had to incorporate both teams into the game dumbass. They very well couldn't have put Kyogre's water in the middle of a volcano because that makes less sense than making Aqua, a team that loves the sea, have trouble traversing it.

Not to mention the shit that went down at Chimney in the original game.
Maxie made sense, he wanted amplify the energies created by the meteorite to force a large super eruption and let the magma cool into new land. The area is fairly close to the sea when you look at a map so that shit makes sense.
Archie, he wanted amplify the energies in the meteorite to STOP the volcano and allow rainwater to fill it for sea pokemon to live IN THE MOST ARID AREA IN HOENN. I mean for fucks sake the place is right next to a damn desert he's just going to be stuck with a hole straight down.
How did he even expect water Pokemon to make their way up there in such a dry part of the region? He himself would have to wait for weeks and then release mon into it hoping they adapt instead of die.

Then there's the whole issue of how the fuck amplifying the energy would make it stop.
With the eruption plan you can justify it with making tremors at an exact frequency. There's literally no reason why it would stop the volcanic activity unless he was using some kind of plug to plug it up and even then it would just build up and cause an eruption or be redirected to the side of the mountain.
>>
>>29653296
Because they liked advertising the fact that every non-event Pokemon can be caught in Gen VI, and they weren't really sure where to put all of the legendaries.
>>
>>29654625
>alpha sapphire is canon
>omega ruby is canon
both of these are canon

they are an what if story to each other.

version you've bought is the canon

in other words, non-existent delta emerald is the canon one
>>
>>29656678
Stop being retarded anon. The story doesn't make sense with Aqua.
>>
>>29656752
delta emerald is canon.

but delta emerald is in an parallel universe.
>>
>>29656803
The story doesn't make sense with Aqua, at all. That includes Emerald and this theoretical Delta Emerald.
>>
>>29656817
okay then, each game is a what if story to each other
>>
>>29656855
Or, Sapphire was a what if to Ruby. Just like the other second games.
>>
>>29656902
but there's no set canon for gen 3 games and its remakes.

this conversation is entirely pointless.
>>
>>29656933
There's a difference between there not being a canon game and you denying it.

You sound like those desperate leaf fags.
>>
File: noffin.jpg (175KB, 692x661px) Image search: [Google]
noffin.jpg
175KB, 692x661px
>>29653296
Omega Ruby got it good!
>groudon
>palkia
>reshiram
>ho-oh
Sapphirefags BTFO'd
>>
>>29653296
Because they're the worst of their pairs
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.