[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1) When did you start playing? 2) Do you play casually? Why, why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_og0ja0i3h71t5ockao1_1280.png (1MB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og0ja0i3h71t5ockao1_1280.png
1MB, 1000x1400px
1) When did you start playing?
2) Do you play casually? Why, why not?
>>
No, too many nuzlockes have made me unable to play casually without getting bored or uninterested in the story and my pokemon.
>>
1) Gen 1.
2) I mostly play for the story because I personally don't have time to set up good teams or fill my Pokedex. I definitely would be able to produce great, legit teams but I don't want to spend too much time on it and just play it without transferring everything or going deep into the competitive scene.
The reason I play these games that way is because I already have a huge backlog of other games and anime to watch. :3
>>
>>29651876
>don't have time fill my Pokedex
you're breaking a rule you know
>>
File: 1468116297057.gif (635KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1468116297057.gif
635KB, 320x239px
1. Started playing Red around the time it was released. My older brother emulated it and let me make my own save.
2. Play casually. I'm terrible at competitive and don't really care for it. I care more about creating a relationship with specific Pokemon in the games. I love playing through the games and finding new bros each gen like Breloom and Krookodile. I might try a Nuzlocke sometime for fun, but the only things I have tried that are maybe "not casual" would be boxing the starter and forcing myself to use new Pokemon I've never tried before when I've gone back to replay a game. Pretty lax and just like to have fun.
>>
>>29651807
Generation 1
I play casually because I legitimately enjoy it. It's my form of escapism
>>
>>29651807
199...8? I think. I started with Stadium, it was my first console. I got Red later and played it on the TV
And I play a lot, well, played a lot. I just bought a 3DS, so I haven't played since BW2. I don't really care about the metagame
>>
>>29652016
This pretty much. I don't even consider playing Pokemon to be the same as playing other games (if that makes any sense). It's more like re-reading a favorite book or something, just pure relaxation.
>>
>>29652060
i think you mean 2000 if you actually started with stadium
>>
>>29652095
Oh you're right. I got my N64 in 98 or 99 with Excitebike as a gift, and my parents didn't let me play until a year or so later. I was playing Johto for the first time in 2002, so looks like I came late to the party, but I still played them in order
>>
>>29651807
>1) When did you start playing?
Gen 1
>2) Do you play casually?
Yes. I don't care enough to do all that autistic shit.
>>
>>29652172
Ha, wait that game came in 2000 too. I guess that explains a few things. The box was Mario 64 and the game inside was Excitebike, so someone swapped it before I got to play.
>>
>>29651807
Colosseum
Yes. I never got into competitive because the were too many things to keep track of and the top consists of the copies of the same team with maybe 1 outlier.
>>
>>29651807
1) About four months ago, three if you don't count Go.
2) Completely casually, I have zero interest in the competitive side to the games.
>>
>>29651807
I got into the card game first, then I got red.
I don't play competitively, but I do complete the dex every new generation.
>>
>>29651807

Semi Casual, I plan teams so I can beat my friends but not much besides that, I prefer to collect
>>
>>29651807
1. Blue

2. Mostly. I always just make a team of my favorites for each gen and might battle friends with it. Now and again I'll breed a team, or play on showdown, but I'm still a huge Karen-fag.
>>
1) Gen II
2) Yes, unless you don't count Nuzlockes or variants.
>>
>>29651807

>1) When did you start playing?
1998, Pokemon Blue.

>2) Do you play casually? Why, why not?
Casually, but only because competitive Pokemon has been such a colossal pain in the ass to get into. All I want to do is use my team of my favorite Pokemon. Raise them, battle with them, do everything with them. Having to ditch the Pokemon I've become so attached to just to replace them with hacked/eugenics breed perfect mons just eliminates all the fun and joy of Pokemon. But with Super Training and Hyper Training now being a thing, I might finally get more into metagame once Sun and Moon are out.
>>
>>29651807
1. Gen 1, been playing as long as I can remember.
2. Used to until recently. Making a living dex really helped me start learning the metagame of each gen. Still a Karenfag though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.