[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Gen 8 has been revealed to have the difficulty settings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1473233791425.png (311KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473233791425.png
311KB, 550x550px
One is regular mode, the other a hard mode. How do you feel?
>>
>>29649919
Literally how could a mainline Pokemon game have anything even close to resembling difficulty of any sort?

Oh wait, people here think grinding == difficulty.
>>
>>29649919
So basically Birthright vs Conquest?
>>
>>29649925
An AI that's not retarded for one.
>>
>>29649919
but which is which?
have I fucked myself over by preordering Moon?
>>
>>29649925
Money could me scarcer. Bosses require more strategic plays. Fewer gift pokemon. Less direct counters to fights before said fights. All those don't necessarily involve grinding.
>>
>>29649925
Full team on first gym with items and viable movesets
>>
>>29649975
That's just overkill and leads to a lot of grinding to beat. It's be more like 2-3 pokemon but with more than 2 moves and perhaps the ace pokemon has a good/decent held item.
>>
>>29649968
>Money could be scarcer
Literally what would that solve? You can always grind.
>Bosses require more strategic plays
And how would they do that?
>Fewer gift Pokemon
Fine I guess.
>Less direct counters to fights before said fights
Level 100 Pokemon counter the whole game.

>>29649975
At what, level 20? As soon as you can sweep one Pokemon, you can sweep them all. Even if you try to implement a cheese FEAR strat, the player can always just use a potion.

Protip: the only way to ever make a mainline Pokemon game hard is to make it like the Stadium/PBR games. Everybody is at max level, and you can't change teams between fights.
>>
>>29650003
shouldn't take more than two tries to beat especially since wherever a gym is a convenient counter can be caught on a nearby route.
Im mostly speaking from my experience with bbvw2 on challenge mode thats what i liked about it
>>
Who cares, where's easy mode?
>>
>>29650016
Money during the main game comes from trainers - a limited resource. Less money means less items such as heals and revives to steamroll the game no matter how bad you may be.

In terms of strategic plays, maybe learning the tactics of a fight that is otherwise really difficult making you think outside the box a little. I'm sure you could think of examples.

Lastly, who would even have a lv 100 during the main part of a pokemon game?
>>
>>29649925
why do you play pokemon?
you seems like a type of a guy who complains about everything
>>
>>29649938
I'm still pissed about this bs. Inexcusable
>>
>>29650415
At least Conquest had some really fucking good maps.

Birthright (Route fest) was pretty shit all around
>>
It could work, but the main problem is how they'd do version exclusives, and how they'd need to explicitly and unsubtly market the game's difficulty differences so some kid doesn't pick up the wrong version and hate the series forever.
>>
File: 1474378184646.jpg (32KB, 258x278px) Image search: [Google]
1474378184646.jpg
32KB, 258x278px
>>29649925
>grinding
>>
i'd by the hard mode.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.