[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable will the Alolan forms be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 152.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
152.png
18KB, 256x256px
How viable will the Alolan forms be?
>>
I have high hopes for Muslim Golem
>>
>>29645910
if alolan marowak gets more speed, it will be amazing. assuming thick club still works on it.
>>
Not at all. They should have been Megas so they'd get +100 BST to work with, wouldn't have to waste development resources on prevos or Refresh abominations, and so you could upgrade your old Pokebank transferred bros. Fuck regional variants.
>>
I can see garfield being viable
>>
>>29645910

The only currently (officially) revealed ones that has a chance of being viable if Alolan Raichu

Alolan Persian might be semi-viable with STAB Technician Bite
>>
>>29645910

Alolan Muk, Exeggutor and Persian (as of now) really have the only chances of being OU, but I won't be surprised if not even one of them do reach OU.
>>
>>29645997
It's a special attacker.
>>
>>29645940
Not to mention the hint of a fire type pursuit.
>>
>>29646006
Based on?
>>
>>29646006

If so, that's even better because it gives it a niche that sets it apart from regular Persian

Snarl + Technician + STAB = 123 power move that lowers opponent's Special Attack (and hits both foes in doubles)
>>
>>29645940
But ground has bonemarang/earthquake. What's ghost/fire STAB have on that?
>>
>>29646048
And it gets nasty plot
>>
>>29646039
Nasty Plot, maybe?
I remember in gen IV NU I used nasty plot technician persian with swift/water pulse for good coverage.
>>
>>29646039

Japanese trailer showed it using Nasty Plot, and English trailer showed it using a Dark-type special attack
>>
>>29645940
>yfw it stats and moves are focused on special
>>
>>29645910
Do we know if their stats/stat totals will change? Like Marowak has 425 BST. Even with thicc club, that's pretty irredeemable unless it gets shadow sneak or something ridiculous.
>>
>>29646521
>>29646052
I'm sure GF would change thick club to double both attack and special attack like light ball if marowak becomes special. if it's physical it has flare blitz and shadow sneak, plus EQ/bonemerang from cubone. seeing that it kept lightningrod instead of rock head though, it's likely special.
>>29646018
source?
>>
>>29647049
>Do we know if their stats/stat totals will change?

They're alternate forms, so their BSTs will probably be the same as the standard ones, just with the stats rearranged.

Like, regular Exeggutor has 95 Attack and 125 Special Attack, so Alolan Exeggutor will probably have 125 Attack and 95 Special Attack.

They're not meant to be "stronger" like Megas, they're meant to be alternatives.
>>
Unless Alogolem gets something crazy I don't think it's gonna be good; It doesn't seem to have adapted to be faster just based on appearance.
I hope it's not a trade evo still.
>>
I'll be surprised if any of them are useful outside of some weird doubles niche.
>>
>>29647072
>The Alolan Marowak proves skilled at an attack in which it waves its bone and releases a ball of flame. The fireballs are not that powerful, but they tirelessly pursue the foe!
>>
File: 1464290191016.png (6KB, 366x286px) Image search: [Google]
1464290191016.png
6KB, 366x286px
>>29647072
>Special attacking Marowak
>It already has Ice Beam at its disposal
All I'm hoping for now is that its speed is boosted.
>>
>>29647102
could be fire-type swift
>>
File: 026Raichu-Alola[1].png (676KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
026Raichu-Alola[1].png
676KB, 1280x1280px
>Electric Terrain doubles its speed, makes it immune to sleep, and boosts its Electric attacks
>Grassy Terrain removes its Earthquake weakness and restores its HP
>Psychic Terrain protects it from Sucker Punch and Fake Out, and boosts its Psychic attacks
>Everything benefits from Misty Terrain

VGC 2017 staple incoming
>>
>>29647076
Sure, but an alternative to something that has no competitive value still has no competitive value
>>
>>29647143
I've never been so excited to use a Pikachu

I tried using Raichu in XY but switched it for Helooptile before the 7th gym

The time I tried it before that I swapped it for Electabuzz in soul silver
>>
ALOLA ACKBAR!!
>>
>>29647399
Stats aren't everything bro
Movepool and ability are also key factors in whether or not a Pokémon is any good
>>
>>29647072
>I'm sure GF would put in any effort at all to make a Pokemon viable

Is this your first Pokémon game?
>>
>>29647489
This. Unless it's GF's precious pet or a fairy type don't expect them to be viable ever. Shitmons will forever be shitmons.
>>
>>29645910
As long as Ninetales keeps its speed and gets a little more oomph for its special attack I can see it being pretty good.
>>
>>29647425
Isn't electabuzz post game
>>
>>29645910
>>29645920
I'm probably dumb but, what is A-Golem even based on?
>>
>>29645920
Looks like a terrorist mixed with a railgun.
>>
>>29647537
It's a Golem that's battle bonded with a Hiker.
>>
>>29647516
I remember getting it just before the elite four, it's very late game, but before the elite four
>>
>>29647049
You do Dugtrio has 405 BST and it's a pretty common threat right
>>
>>29646117
And? Machamp can use fire blast. That doesnt mean it's special attack isn't garbage.
>>
>>29645920
I'm going to call mine Mohammed
>>
>>29647546
Oooooh. Thanks.
>>
Ninetales might be good, depending on its HA and if it's reasonably fast.

Might.
>>
>>29647049
>BST is everything
Azumarill 430 BST and Brelom 460 BST. And they are all OU threats
>>
>>29647590
Hey, stop trying to be me.
>>
>>29647595
>huge power fairy
>sporepunch
What does Marowak have other than shitthicc club?
>>
>>29647608
>What does Marowak have other than shitthicc club?
Wait till the game is released to shit on him then
>>
>>29645920
Holy shit I never saw him as a Muslim. Can't unsee now. Run a full team of six with Explosion only and give them all famous terrorists names.
>>
>>29647608
Fire STAB in a gen where Grassy Terrain has a good chance of being everywhere? Immunity to Electric in an Electric Terrain meta?
>>
>>29647608
Breloom has a good ability, a good move pool and stats where it matters. Breloom is good with and without spore.
>>
>>29647636
That's the regular marowak
>>
>>29647635
Woah dude. That's hilarious. I can't believe no ones made that joke before.
>>
>>29647636
Too much setup for little to negative payoff, just like weather post nerf and trick room
>>
File: IMG_5101.jpg (22KB, 390x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5101.jpg
22KB, 390x562px
I'd say Garfield, Ninetales, Muk, Raichu and Golem (if he's Rock/Electric) all have a solid chance at OU for the initial season.

It's a fucking travesty that Raticate and Sandslash got attention for the first time in twenty years, both blessed with cool unique typings, and they'll still both be unusable shitmons.
>>
>>29647642
A-Marowak has Lightning Rod, anon.
>>
>>29645910
>Alolan Sandslash
Offensively, it is amazing. Bots of it STABs shit on popular types (Fairy, Dragon, Flying) and, with EQ, it covers everything (bar Bug/Water).
Defensively, it has 8 resistances but glaring weaknesses to Ground, Fire and Fighting. Usable but very annoying.
It can work well but it will need proper stats or team.

>Alolan Ninetales
Pretty good offensively but defensively it is simply below average. I can't see it working without Nasty Plot and/or big stat changes.
Also, Snow Cloak blows.

>Alolan Exeggutor
I don't see much hope for it, honestly. Ability is semi-useful, typing is pretty bad defensively and I predict lack of speed to back up Grass+Dragon STABs. It may be fun wallbreaker if GF gives it huge offensive stat though.

>Alolan Persian
It's monotype Persian. Unless it gets huge stat changes and movepool additions it ain't going anywhere. Amazing abilities though.

>Alolan Marowak
3 immunities (with Lightning Rod) and 7 resistances is huge. Offensively, its STABs are good as well. This thing looks very promising actually. The only things that can/will fuck it up are glaring weaknesses to popular types and/or stats.

>Alolan Raichu
I can't see it not being viable if Tapu Koko gets popular. Even other type terrains are beneficial to it. Predictably good speed combined with normal Raichu movepool will guarantee this thing's usefulness.

>Alolan Raticate
Good type offensively, not so much defensively Only viable with Hustle and Hustle is gimmicky.

>Alolan Muk
I have high hopes for it. Almost no weaknesses mixed with predictably good bulk sounds great. If it gets Sucker Punch I'm sure it won't be shit. Hell, normal Muk ain't shit.

TL;DR
Almost guaranteed to be popular Tier: Raichu
Promising Tier: Marowak, Muk
Predictably Average Tier: Sandslash, Exeggutor, Raticate
Predictably Bad Tier: Persian, Ninetales
>>
>>29647661
I see, my bad
>>
>>29647647
I'm thinking VGC here.
The Tapus are gonna be on everyone's teams this year, so Marowak and Raichu are both gonna make viable partners.
>>
File: tmp_6684-1471401775203695675131.jpg (61KB, 653x495px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6684-1471401775203695675131.jpg
61KB, 653x495px
>>29645910
>
>>
Is it me or Alolan Marowak with lightning rod perfectly covers Jellicent weaknesses? No electric on the blob and and he can fuck the grass. I'll test them in Doubles Monoghost.
>>
>>29647736
Both are weak to Ghost and Dark, dude.
>>
>>29647741
your mom's weak to ghost and dark
>>
File: 115.png (60KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
115.png
60KB, 260x240px
>>29647765
She isn't though
>>
>>29647663
>Alolan Sandslash
>Offensively amazing
What the fuck are you smoking. Steel/Ice is awful as fuck, both STABs are walled by Steel, Fire and Water types. Earthquake can help a lot, but if it doesn't get it it's fucked beyond help. Assuming Alolan forms keep the same stats as the original mons you end up with an awfully slow attacker with exploitable weaknesses, coverage problems and nonexistent special bulk.

I can't see A-Muk being much more viable than Drapion and Skuntank. Unless GF blesses it with Recover variant (they won't) it won't stay on the battlefield long enough to make good use of its excellent typing.

A-Ninetales can be usable, but only if it gets extra coverage, else it's going to share Alolan Sandslash's fate.

A-Persian is a straight upgrade from vanilla, but not by that much - still a shitmon.

A-Marowak will be much like the original - either it murders stuff in Trick Room or it doesn't and gets murdered by anything that outspeeds it, which is everything.

I wouldn't overhype A-Raichu too much. Typing is a straight upgrade form vanilla one and it could have a niche on Tapu Koko teams as the fastest revenge killer in existence with excellent coverage, but again, unless GF changes Alolan forms' stat spreads it will still have the same problem as original - mixed attacking stats on what wants to be a fully special attacker, leaving it with insufficient attacking power and subpar bulk due to low BST.
>>
>>29647824
Steel/Ice is not supposed to fight Fire types. Steel and Water can be covered by EQ. We both wrote that.
I still fail to see why Steel/Ice is not good offensively.

The rest I can agree with, honestly. We are speculating after all.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.