[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this series so damn boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Charizard-GO.png (322KB, 818x625px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard-GO.png
322KB, 818x625px
Always the same old pokemon,Always the same old gameplay ,Always the same shit plot

Whats so enjoyable about this series,its literally the same thing over and over
>>
File: 1477786644261.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1477786644261.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
Go back to /v/
>>
File: 1478113886869.png (17KB, 1274x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1478113886869.png
17KB, 1274x1068px
I'm sorry OP
I was so hungry
>>
>>29641684
Why is any game fun? We hit the same old buttons on our keyboard, look at all the same old colors, and participate in stories that have no impact on our real lives.

What is so enjoyable about them? It's basically the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>29641695
it isn't bait.
i'm asking whats so enjoyable about pokemon
>>
>>29641744
>posts charizard
Yea no we arent taking this post seriously.

Enjoy your (you)
>>
>>29641684
Go away, /v/ermin.
>>
File: 1446874485.jpg (81KB, 534x534px) Image search: [Google]
1446874485.jpg
81KB, 534x534px
>>29641736
You're right, why fucking live? All we do is work at our shitty job all day, go home, shitpost on /vp/, play Pokemon, then shitpost some more.
>>
HAHAAHAHA

Pokemon fans are manchildreen that can't stop playing a series without any changes,there's not even new pokemon,this series is even worse than splatoon-
>>
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>29641842
>manchildren

But Woman play Pokémon too.
>>
>>29642222
faggot,go play your samey series called pokemon that never changes and leave
>>
File: Aoazq_s-200x150.gif (37KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Aoazq_s-200x150.gif
37KB, 200x150px
>>29641842
>>29642281
U mad bro?
>>
Pokemon has always been an average JRPG series. However, there are two main reasons why it was so successful. The first is that collecting and training lots of different Pokemon is a nice concept. The second is that the original games had a fresh multiplayer experience. Most multiplayer games before Pokemon involved either taking turns or going head-to-head. Pokemon allowed you to trade with your friends as well as battle them, which encouraged people to actually catch 'em all.

And since the original games were so popular, their sequels managed to be popular too. The concept is also very translatable, so they could easily make related TV series, movies, video games across multiple genres, merchandise, cereals, etc.
>>
>this generation is offering the biggest set of formula changes ever introduced to a main series game

Talk about shitty timing. Your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. Go back to playing Street Fighter 5, or one of your hundreds of first person shooters that all feel the same.
>>
>>29642549
>Pokemon has always been an average JRPG series

JRPG-favorites like Chrono Trigger and FF7 wish to have a battle system that is even 1/4 as deep and multifaceted as Pokémon.
I agree that the usual shit writing prevent Pokémon from being a top-level RPG, but it still nails other important aspects like world-design, combat, soundtrack etc. well enough. It's far from "average".
>>
>>29642691
The only reason Pokemon's battle system seems deep is because it's multiplayer, it's unfair to compare Wi-Fi/Smogon battling to Chrono Trigger's in-game battle system and AI. It's also worth noting that Pokemon's battling system has had 20 years to develop into what it is now. Admittedly having 17/18 types gives it more variety than the usual 4/5 elements in JRPGs, but its worth remembering that move variety was severely limited back in gen 1.

If you compare RBY's in-game battling AI to any other JRPG, you'll see that they're far more comparable (usually with the other JRPGs coming out on top).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.