[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best fan art thread (Credits: SceptiX)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sun moon artwork sugimori style.png (2MB, 1700x1700px) Image search: [Google]
sun moon artwork sugimori style.png
2MB, 1700x1700px
Best fan art thread
(Credits: SceptiX)
>>
File: HNI_0086.jpg (22KB, 336x295px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0086.jpg
22KB, 336x295px
>>29637003
CHECK OUT THESE DEDEDUBS
>>
>>29637003
Two can play this game, OP.
>>
>>29637003
Fanart like this makes me wonder if people would still complain about the pokemon designs if they were still drawn like this. It really makes the designs look cooler.
>>
I'm glad they don't draw the characters like that anymore. Chicken-Chan looks like an obvious dude in drag.
>>
>>29637111
I'm not a fan of it personally. The head of Koomo-o is too exaggerated, and I just don't care for the washed-out art style.
>>
Chicken chan looks like me because I'm an ugly trans girl.
>>
>>29637101
This one is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>29637101
>>29637003

I'm convinced if they still had Sugimori making this style of promotional art the games would be 10x as popular among normies.
>>
>>29637101
The old designs hit all the same fun aesthetics as old Dragonball and Dr Slump. I wonder if Sugimori was a big fan to have Toriyama influence him?

>>29637003
I like the concept but not the execution. Too many darks and it's got too much of a sense of 3D space.
>>
>>29637003
Is this bad on purpose? Because shit this is hideous. Really makes you appreciate how much the art style has shifted to match modern tech and sensibilities.

>inb4 "no such thing as art style"
>>
>>29637453
I believe it was mentioned in an old interview. But it's rather obvious he was influenced by Toiyama if you look at his earlier art. Same sorts of faces, eyes, body proportions...
>>
>>29637566
Yeah, that's what I meant by aesthetics. I was looking at some of the old art and there's so many of the same stylistic choices.

I was just wondering if he was a big fan, since Slump/DB was aimed at kids and he was in his 20's and 30's around that time, or if it was something a little more on the art-side and he just adapted the style only because saw it frequently and liked it.

I also wonder how Pokemon would look if Toriyama drew/designed some of them.
>>
>>29637453
Toriyama was everywhere, you can see the influence in Mato's art in Pokemon Special as well.
>>
>>29637365
Nope
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.