[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you stop caring about the legendaries? >pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: yawn.jpg (279KB, 864x1100px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
279KB, 864x1100px
When did you stop caring about the legendaries?

>pic related
>>
>>29636928
x&y
>>
>>29636928
Hoenn
>>
Mewtwo and mew should be the only ones
>>
I never really did to be honest. I guess Giratina had a nice build up
>>
When I got Kyogre the first time on Sapphire for GBA
>>
Hoenn. Too many and the quality began to drop.
>>
BW
The Regis are always fun, so was Regigigas Snow Mace of Funstration.
Groudon/Kyogre and Fug had a grat build up, or at least the old sky pillar was nice.
Platinum handled the Creation Trio wonderfully, I remember the chills when I saw the black splotch of nothingness from which Giratina appeared.
The Arceus events, both of them were wonderful, a bit trippy even.
Chasing the other assholes over the whole region was funstrating too.
>>
>>29636928
Same. Gen IV just had to many of them for me to care, also they elevated the power level way too quickly and too far.
>>
>>29636928
When I got an adamant kyogre
>>
I stopped caring?
News to me.
>>
>>29637745
And they all looked too similar. Same eyes and body type. Giratina stands out simply due to its wings and spikes but the others are pretty boring
>>
I never paid too much attention to legendaries. I did use ho-oh in Gold, because I felt clever for getting him and he was nigh unstoppable with giga drain. But in Red I never care for the big birds and after Ho-oh I just didn't ever get excited about them again.

Not that I think they all suck, I just don't find them as fun to use since they are intentionally OP compared to the other guys I'm using. So I normally view them only within the context of the greater lore of the game, and not as something I actually want to use. They are story telling pieces, not something i really care to collect or use.

But I will say, Gen 4 and 5 had the dumbest looking, overdesigned shitmon legendaries, and I refused to care about them. Gen 6 really scaled it back and thank god for that.
>>
I care about them sometimes and sometimes i don't. Reshiram and Zekrom are fucking awful so i didn't care, Xerneas and Yvetal are cool so i cared, Lunala and Solgaleo are shit so i won't care again.
>>
>>29636928
Gen 3.
>>
>>29637080
>>29637368
This. I felt it was the biggest bullshit to find an Uber legendary right before the 8th badge, without even have to look for it, since it's part of the progression of the game.
Also, too many legendaries.
>>
I only use them when im bored in battle spot.
>>
They shouldn't have made them ods, just simple op wild animals.
Kyogre and groudon were believably animalistic, you could assume that history just assumed that they literally created the planet. But I gave up on that idea with DP and their final fantasy yugioh digimon bullshit spikes and stripes with time warping powers who do nothing but suck some trainer's dick all day
>>
I never really cared about the legendaries. I've never used them aside from that one time I caught Articuno before the Kanto E4.

People who actually use them in battle are the worst.
>>
I must be totally alone in liking the gen IV legendaries the best. It's not like the paranormal is unusual in Pokemon (see dusknoir and the ghosts of Pokemon and people in every gen, even hoho with the power to resurrect other creatures), it makes sense that there are extra dimensional Pokemon of extraordinary power to me.
>>
>>29636928
I never cared about them. The concept is cool and all but most have absolutely shit shit designs and are exclusive to a tier of absolute bullshit.
>>
>>29637080
definitely this, started the trend of integrating legendaries into story progression
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.