[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Design critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
After generating a random pokemon, (http://randompokemon.com/) describe either what you like about said pokemon's design,or what you would change about the pokemon's design to improve it.
>>
>>29636080
Honestly I believe Huntail's design is really nice. Love the color scheme and the shiny color scheme. Onething I would prob do is change the thing on the top of it's head to something like a spike or maybe even not putting anything there.
>>
File: fataxture.png (45KB, 680x542px) Image search: [Google]
fataxture.png
45KB, 680x542px
I got Fraxture, which is always a design I been kinda tepid on. It's not bad, especial as an evo of Axew, but it doesn't really look anything like Haxorus. If I was gonna redesign it I'd probably swap around its color pallet to use more dark green/yellowgreen, and I'd give it some slightly forward facing tusks instead of weird airplane ones that suddenly turn into axes

I did a slight illustration, excuse my shitty mspaint skills
>>
File: hoot.png (2KB, 144x150px) Image search: [Google]
hoot.png
2KB, 144x150px
>>29636080
A really nice and subtle design.

The clock hands around its eyes don't feel too forced and the wide, red, sclera give it some much needed colour and a sinister air.

Standing on leg is a nice throw to common owl behaviour, as well as the 90 degree head turns Hoothoot do.

I don't have any complaints, maybe pull the wings in rather than have them stick out all the way.
>>
File: Phantump.png (3KB, 126x144px) Image search: [Google]
Phantump.png
3KB, 126x144px
>>29636080
I really like Phantump's design, it is a very simple design that gets the main idea across without fooling around: a confused/innocent looking spirit in the woods.
Something that has always bothered me, though, is how the head seems to be so heavy and large but the rest of the body is very slim and small, it makes it look like it'd struggle to keep its head straight all the time, a heavier-looking body would be beneficial to it
>>
File: Para.png (10KB, 659x362px) Image search: [Google]
Para.png
10KB, 659x362px
>Parasect

I honestly like the design, it's simple but not too bland
>>
I got Aerodactyl
I never liked Aerodactyl, it pretty much showed that gamefreak didn't know anything about dinosaurs until gen 4, hell they even called it a dinosaur didn't they.

I like its appearence, but the fact that its tied to pterosaurs is inconvenient, I've seen retards argue that pterosaurs look like dragons so dragons must have been real, when they don't look like dragons and hardly look like reptiles.

It also makes me cringe when people call bulbasaur a diictodont, gamefreak didn't know shit about diictodonts, the localization team probably saw something vaguely reptilian and slapped saur on it leading to the confusion
>>
File: Meganium.png (3KB, 123x149px) Image search: [Google]
Meganium.png
3KB, 123x149px
>>29636080
I like a lot of things about Meganium's design, but I'd change it's main color scheme to a darker green, and replace the antennae with something more like bayleef's leaf.
>>
File: 244.gif (131KB, 79x87px) Image search: [Google]
244.gif
131KB, 79x87px
I like Entei, I just wish it had a nose and didn't have those shackle-looking things around its legs.
>>
File: 440.png (17KB, 172x228px) Image search: [Google]
440.png
17KB, 172x228px
>>29636080
dont really have anything against it, but I decided to tweak it a little so that the evolutions blend a tad more.
>>
File: chatot.jpg (30KB, 291x320px) Image search: [Google]
chatot.jpg
30KB, 291x320px
>>29636080
Chatot is a pokemon I've always found very forgettable.
The music motif is nice, and using a Quaver as the parakeets crest was very clever.
As for the colour pallet its a bit all over the place.

All in all, i'd replace the ruff with a jabot to give it a mozart-esque feel, simplify the colours to 2/3 colours at most, a long flowing tail like articuno that looked like a musical stave ending with a double bar line.
>>
>>29638894
What you just described would be a pretty sick Mega.
>>
File: 80-mega.gif (91KB, 75x87px) Image search: [Google]
80-mega.gif
91KB, 75x87px
>hate megas
>love slowpoke line
this one's not that bad, I love how silly it is
>>
>>29640263
one of the few well-designed megas imo
they take the design to it's logical conclusion instead of "let's add a bunch of spikes lmao"
>>
>>29640334
*its
i know it doesn't matter but it was bothering me
>>
File: claydol.png (28KB, 264x336px) Image search: [Google]
claydol.png
28KB, 264x336px
Claydol is one of my faves. Only thing I think would improve it is if it was constantly spinning like Klingklang.
>>
>>29638010
I liked Parasect's design more when I finally realized that the blank eyes/smile reflect how it's literally a host of the mushroom. After nearly 2 decades.

In my defense it was probably the most I ever thought about Parasect in my life.
>>
Lack of capitalization and punctuation wasn't bugging you, but a misplaced apostrophe that nobody else would notice was?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.