[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys please talk me out of this. Am I stupid for wanting this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (233KB, 1217x479px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
233KB, 1217x479px
Guys please talk me out of this.

Am I stupid for wanting this?
>>
>>29632451
If you don't feel like buying it then don't. Pretty sure serebii will cover the games extensively if you're looking for a guide.
>>
>>29632451
I would buy it just for collection desu
>>
Don't buy a guide for a game you've been playing for 20 years. Nothing special, Internet is life!
>>
>>29632451
If you want it and can afford it I don't see why not.
>>
I used to buy Pokemon strategy guides just for the sake of having them
>>
>>29632451
Get it, it might have cool art in it
scan it
>>
Waste of money, in my opinion. On the other hand, if you can afford it, far from anyone to tell you what to buy.
>>
>>29632451
It will be completely useless thanks to the internet, and full of errors, but game guides are....how to say...they "feel good" to have?
>>
>>29632508
Just the official art that we already saw we all
>>
>>29632451
Get it only if it's for collection purposes.
Otherwise you're just throwing money away since it won't have anything interesting.
>>
The only use a Pokemon Strategy Guide gave me was having the pokes art to draw at all times and not needing internet for it.

Also that secret language in Original Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>Paperback edition
>Not buying thefancy edition
Plebs
>>
>>29632451
I'm getting it, OP! I used to love purchasing the strategy guides when I was a kid.
>>
>>29632451
There's literally no reason to buy this. You either go all out and get the fancy conversation piece that you never use, or pay nothing and use Google. Only a true autist would purchase this version of that book.
>>
>>29632451
Don't get it
>Bulbapedia exists
>Smogon exists
Both of these are free sources which are infinitely better than guides if paper aimed at 10 year old kids
>>
>>29632451
It's going to have trash information in it.

>You can get TM18 in Honolulu
Okay, but that's a huge city. Where specifically?

>Inceniroar is known for its high attack stat!
What is the base value though?

Shit like that.
>>
>>29639508
>What is the base value though?
This is the kind of autism only competitive fags would display
>>
>>29639566
Not true? Maybe you don't care about base stats, but that doesn't mean that only competitive players do.
>>
>>29632621
>secret language
>braille
>>
>>29632621
There was a braille guide in the instruction manual
>>
File: 20160921_040807_thumb.png (143KB, 404x389px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_040807_thumb.png
143KB, 404x389px
>>29632451
>not getting the special edition vault
>>
>>29639673
LINK PLS
>>
Pleb.

A real fan would get the 100+ dollar Vault Edition.
Lithographs signed by Gamefreak
Leather Bound
Gold pages
built in book mark
journal
engraved pen
map of alola
full pokedex

https://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Sun-Moon-Official-Collectors/dp/0744017866/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478219220&sr=8-1&keywords=pokemon+vault
>>
>>29632451
The guides stopped being good a long time ago.
>>
>>29640722
not actually signed.
just stamped signatures
>>
>>29632451
Personally I don't see the point now anymore, with so many sites having the same info.
But it's pretty cheap, so if you have the money then why not?
>>
Too late. Already bought it.
>>
File: it..png (8KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
it..png
8KB, 475x475px
>>29632508
Here, I'll post it.
>>
>>29640921
god damn [it]
>>
>>29632451
yes.

But i'm getting it too. Cause i like wasteing space and money.
>>
>>29632451
There's absolutely no reason to get it if you want it for the hints/guidance (seeing as everything will be available for free on the internet). But if you want it as a collector's item then go ahead.
>>
>>29640921
something tells me you didn't actually scan "it" to produce this image.
>>
I noticed at Target today that Pojo released a 20th anniversary edition of The Big Book of Pokemon. It's probably been out a while, though.
>>
>>29632451
I'll buy it if there's a poster/map of alola included
>>
>>29632451
$15 for free information you can get on the internet. Pretty obvious.
>>
I've been buying the guides since GS so I just always but them. It's just part of the deal to me.
But I also have a fuckton of disposable income so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>29632451
Buy the hardcover or don't bother.
>>
Whats the point when you have bulbapedia and serebii?
>>
>>29632451
No, I'm getting it too. Then you can even laugh at everyone wondering where the secret spots on the routes/cities are or where to find all the TMs or why they can't find the pokemon that appear in the yellow flowers when they're searching in the blue. But I mostly just use them as nice overworld maps to look at when I'm bored or wonder if there's any nook or crabby I missed. It's also handy for daily/weekly events and a bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>29632451
Yes, you are stupid, but buy it if you want to. Don't let /vp/ decide.
>>
>>29636826
Bulbapedia is shit pomf pls go.
Serebii is better it does not take him months to add shit like it does with bulbapedo
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.