[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Evasion is banned >Serene grace Para-flinch isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 131.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>Evasion is banned
>Serene grace Para-flinch isn't
>>
>>29628151
>Limited number of Pokemon can do Serene grace Para-flinch
>Everyone and their mom can do Evasion
Wooooow.
>>
Man i wish theres was some metagame where you can use evasion but without mega rayguaza
>>
>>29628177
>Only 2 fully evolved pokemon and a Mega can use Shadow Tag
>Banned anyway
>>
>No complicated bans
>Proceeds to make elaborate baton pass rules
>>
>>29628340
>I cant use scolipede anywhere but anything goes because i equip kee berry to it and swords dance
>>
>>29628151
>sand veil + bright powder isn't
>>
File: 1477882139324.jpg (233KB, 946x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1477882139324.jpg
233KB, 946x1158px
>>29628151
Evasion isnt banned. What the fuck r u talking about.

Literally half of people used moody smeargles at the last few vgc championships.

Also i used evasipn on a wifi battle like 1 hour ago.

Nice troll attempt faggot
>>
>If something is being used every single match it's probably overpowered and needs to be banned
>Except stealth rock, that gets a free pass
>>
>>29628372
>oh, and Stall is fine too because Le Healthy Meta
>>
>>29628365
he's talking about some niche 'singles' metagame that literally no one cares about
>>
>>29628372
I like entry hazards, but the way they are completely hypocritical about it bugs the shit out of me.

Especially baton pass ban. What the actual fuck you scrubs

I'm about 100% sure that is easier and has way more ways to counter when you include moves, abilities and items.
>>
>>29628151
>wanting to ban Dunsparce
more scoops, scary spooker
>>
>>29628385
Stall was fine until M-Sableye. It's about fucking time they test that shit.
>>
>>29628365
Why do you people do this?

Like, seriously. OP is clearly talking about Smogon, bait thread or not, it's Smogon, so, why do you feel the need to come to a tread about a Smogon related topic and go BUT EVASION IS NOT BANNED IN VGC STOP PLAYING YOUR IMAGINARY METAGAME. The topic is not about VGC nor Battle Spot, but Smogon, so why do you people do this? I wish I could understand what prompts people like you to do this, not just with Smogon, but with every other thread that tries to talk about one specific metagame and brought up an unrelated metagame for no reason at all.
>>
>>29628450
When dunsparce and togekiss take over the meta things might be different, but for now it's safe to say the OP just has no idea what he's talking about
I mean if you're talking about banning shit solely on whether or not it's really annoying I'd start with truant ability -> entertainment -> protect, but that's just me
>>
>>29628151
jirachi and togekiss are great paraflinchers but don't really take it to the level it could be at, everything else is sub-optimal or would rather be doing something else
>>
>>29628486
It's not about it being annoying, it's more that they're very similar concepts and one is banned while the other is fine
>Both rely on luck on the victim's part (actually landing a hit vs. non-getting flinched)
>Both require specific work-arounds to avoid
>Both could turn an easily won battle into a loss based purely on luck
>>
>>29628542
See
>>29628177
>>
>>29628560
see
>>29628325
>>
>>29628542
>Serene Grace paraflinching can only be done by mons that have base 100 or lower speed
>Evasion is able to be learned by far, far faster Pokemon
>>
File: 1476931080012.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476931080012.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>>29628472
I never heard of your shitty site. Are you the owner or something?

Im sure most people have never heard of it either. And lol just LOL at attempting to make your own rules for pokemon.

You are pathetic bro and by bro i mean never my bro you fucking faggot
>>
>>29628600
>baiting this hard
I really wish I had that low quality bait picture.
>>
>>29628590
>Evasion doesn't boost any useful stats so if you get hit you'll still take full damage and you're still susceptible to roar/whirlwind and no-miss moves
>You can still use moves when your opponent boosts evasion, so healing, boosting, etc. is still possible as opposed to being flinched
>>
Idont get why they couldn't do a ban on speed boost for blaziken. Thats not even fucking complex and in Gen V especially it would have been nice to use normal blaziken in UU. Yet they do fucking weird ass actually complex baton pass bans
>>
I feel sorry for VGC fags, but their retardation amuses me. At least I know I'll never play their shitty meta :")
>>
>>29628151
Evasion can be used by nearly every Pokemon, and doesn't have any reliable methods of defeating it.
There's only like, 2 relevant paraflinchers, both of which are easily outsped and punishable. If they were even that good you'd see them everywhere, but you don't.
>>
>>29628640
evasion's concrete checks are too weak, poorly distributed or otherwise not fit against those who forego evasion

what constitutes for serene grace paraflinch right now all suffer from being taunt or set up bait by certain very strong and popular pokemon, and perform better when actually supporting their teammates
>>
>>29628803
if something like that were to happen, i don't think they would be too keen on expanding such a thing beyond ou and ubers, as they don't have the same relationship that the other tiers do and we're only talking about a small handful of pokemon here
>>
File: 1476859387983.jpg (18KB, 386x381px) Image search: [Google]
1476859387983.jpg
18KB, 386x381px
>>29628610
>>29628610
Stfu. Just because you dont like something doesnt make it bait you pathetic virgin. Enjoy your autistic fan site thst nintendo and gamefreak and the general population laugh at
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>29628600
>>29628365

For you >>29628610
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (382KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
382KB, 500x500px
>>29629122
>i dont like what that guy said it hurts my feelings so its bait.

Congrats on having autism or being a feminist
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.