[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physical vs. digital

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Elma_Roserade.png (1MB, 794x920px) Image search: [Google]
Elma_Roserade.png
1MB, 794x920px
Fuck guys I'm torn. I've been downloading most of my 3DS games, save for a select few, and want to play it right when it's available with the rest of you, but actually owning a physical copy is appealing too. Make decisions for my life /vp/.

Pic not necessarily related, just a great fucking Pokemon.
>>
i dont see many reasons for a physical copy. digital just means you dont have to worry about losing a small cartridge, and its always on your system
>>
>>29627156
It's really up to you. There's no real difference, you either physically own the game or you own it on your 3DS. Some people just prefer one to the other.

I'm a fan of both but I've gotten every 3DS Pokemon game digitally so far so I don't wanna break the trend. If playing it ASAP is your top priority then digitally is the way to go. Waiting for your physical copy means starting about twelve hours later than everyone else, unless the stars align and you get your copy early. Unlikely, but it's happened before.
>>
>>29627156
I'm oldschool so I like having a physical copy in my hands. I'm also not 8 years old so I don't have to worry about losing my cartridge
>>
Physical so you can sell it later on once it's worth more than you paid like HGSS
>>
>>29627156
I vote physical copy. Can't beat the feeling of actually having it, plus you can trade/sell it later unlike digital. And I'm pretty sure you'll lose those digital games if the 3ds breaks.
>>
>>29627291
Nah you can redownload if you put the account on another system and call Nintendo.
>>
>>29627379
Good to know.
>>
physical: able to share the cartridge, easier to use a 3rd party system to hack/cheat.

digital: pretty much no chance at hacking, "sharing" is harder due to having to system transfer. Not even actually sharing that way either.

The cartridge gives you more control and freedom, but the digital one gives you a game that can't be damaged or lost.
>>
>>29627156
There's no reason to go digital, for fucks sake, it costs even more that physical at the end of the day.
>>
>>29627431
How so?

Even on Amazon where the game is cheaper shipping bumps it up to over $40 unless you have Prime.
>>
>>29627156
>he STILL hasn't hacked his 3DS
>>
>>29627422

>digital: pretty much no chance at hacking, "sharing" is harder due to having to system transfer. Not even actually sharing that way either.

>he doesn't have a hacked 3ds
>>
>>29627156
My 32GB SD card is full. Half my games on cartridge. Nintendo have shitty digital policies and a bad track record with future-proofing digital content. So no, fuck digital.
>>
>>29627156
Get both
>>
>>29627422
>digital: pretty much no chance at hacking
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>29627455
Depends where you are in the world. Here in New Zealand, it's fucking expensive - you can get it about $10 cheaper in stores - but I just import my games from the UK (or sometimes Australia, in the case of Pokemon) and it's another $20-$30 cheaper. Granted, that's NZD, but anyway, digital is fucking expensive. Why would I spent $90 on a game that I could spend $55 on instead?
>>
>>29627156
depends. i like having them digitally because then i wouldn't have to deal with cardridges. but my local marked always breaks street date about two or three days so i can play it before anyone else so i just get physical all the time
>>
>>29627156
You can just copy the save over to the cart when you get it

Unless you're too stupid to have not hacked your 3DS, that is
>>
>>29627455
I live in a country where our eShop is empty so we have to purchase it from the US store. It's cheaper to buy physical here.
>>
>>29627614
I'd say you're pretty much the exception dude. In most places physical and digital have the same price. Well, unless you're buying used games
>>
>>29628335
From what I've heard, most European regions don't have the exact same prices between physical and digital games (unless you're stupid enough to buy it at full price from certain horrible retailers).
>>
Brazil got cucked by Nintendo so stores don't sell games anymore

So I have basically no option besides digital or online shipping which is more expensive
>>
Until Nintendo has an actual account system, only go physical.
>>
>>29629210
pirate it
>>
>>29627156
I would say go for physical because as many people have stated on here, you can sell/trade it for other things

true that, it is a great mon
>>
>>29627455
My brother has Prime. I had him get it and it ran me $31 with shipping.
>>
>>29627156
>preorder physical sun or moon
>obtain moon or sun using Super Legal and Legitimate Techniques™

cool
>>
>>29627156
>Digital
>Play the same time as everyone else so a smaller chance of getting spoiled
>If your 3DS breaks you can transfer it to a new one
>Don't even have to pay for it because the .cia will leak as soon as someone gets the physical game or as soon as it goes live on the eShop servers

Physical
>...
>>
I prefer physical since I have every other main pokemon game physical and my autism will not allow me to have empty spaces on my pokemon shelf.
>>
Physical for the version you want more, then pirate the other.
>>
File: 1478118862314.jpg (424KB, 1228x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1478118862314.jpg
424KB, 1228x1029px
>>29627156
I always get physical copies of Pokemon games, however I'm pirating Sun which will be my "beta" file and Moon will be physical and the game I'll trade all my bros to.
>>
>>29627156
Well physical copies have the benefit of always being able to work as long as you have a functioning console, but can be broken. Not only that but with physical, you don't have to hack your 3ds and risk bricking it to alter your game however you need to and can just use a power save but it does force you to carry it around if you wish to play it along other games and have the risk of losing it and everything else on it, but you can also sell it whenever you don't want it
Digital is a bit more finicky, but just as good as you can keep it on your 3ds at all times without risking loosing a tiny cartridge, so it's much more convenient, but to hack it you have to hack the entire 3ds which can be fucked over if done wrong, and then you would lose everything unless you bought a new one and got help from Nintendo themselves, but you still would loose all of your data
So physical if you are confident enough
Digital if you want a much safer approach
>>
>>29632039
>buying proprietary hardware to have a limited amount of cheats, and still have a risk of bricking your cart
>>
This seems like the appropriate thread.

What's the difference between the official pokemon guide for sun/moon and the collector's edition?
>>
>>29627156
I'm doing one of each for SM. I like the convenience of digital, but I want to use my other 3DS to be able to trade
>>
why is her pussy so huge?
>>
Actually preordered a physical copy so what to do.
>>
>>29627156
Buy one physical, pirate the other. Ain't difficult.
>>
Just preorder at Gamestop and then go to the midnight release. You'll be playing the game like 10-20mins after it comes out.
>>
>>29631200
Because you're using someone else's Prime. If you aren't able to do that and you have to get Prime yourself, even if you just get it for a month so you can buy the game with it, that's another ten bucks added onto the price of the game. Making it $41, which is more than the digital version.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.