[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Gamefreak should host fanmade pokemon contests?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (13KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 242x208px
Do you think Gamefreak should host fanmade pokemon contests? There's really cool ones out there and they could have a contest and pick x amount to include in the games.
>>
File: Sosorrybattle.gif (409KB, 228x195px) Image search: [Google]
Sosorrybattle.gif
409KB, 228x195px
No they shouldn't
>>
Yeah,because it would be the only way to have 100 pokemon.
>>
>>29623813
>>
>>29623781
>a game with furries in it gets a furry when it opens up a custom character incentive
HORY SHET
>>
File: theresthedoor.png (11KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
theresthedoor.png
11KB, 240x160px
>>29623727
No most fakemon are
>Deviantautist elemental animals
>MLP
>literally humans
>muh interpretation

BTFO, Game Freak is the best at what they do.
except that Toupkek that's atrocious
>>
>>29623781
/thread
>>
>>29623878

Stupidest comment ever.

You do realise that majority of the Pokemon nowadays are made by people who grew up with Pokemon and are fans as well, the only difference to people on DA, is that they get paid to make them.

"Gamefreak is the best way to do it" - They made Alola Dugrtio. Your comment is void.
>>
>>29623727
Braviary and the Icecream moms were basically fanmade
>>
>>29623960
>They made Alola Dugrtio. Your comment is void.

Do you know what being funny is? It's the same reason Persian looks like a melon. A better one to use would be A-Geodude line because it's completely serious and ugly.
>>
>>29624050
>Come on, dude. It's just a joke.
>>
File: nomercy.gif (789KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nomercy.gif
789KB, 480x270px
>>29623960

>Alolan Dugtrio
>Bad
>when its hair is both sexy and based on volcanic Pele hair
>we grew up with it so we can make Pokemon just as good as Gamefreak

Guess what, most designers at Gamefreak witnessed Pokemon's birth and have the talent and direction under Masuda to design actually creative mons, unlike Deviant recolored animals.

Your comment is void, OP.
>>
>>29623727
Draco Meteor happened the last time, so no.
>>
>>29623878
>implying game freak doesn't make shit pokemon sometimes
>implying fans don't make great pokemon sometimes
>implying game freak taking fan submissions means they have to take ALL of them
>implying if they're that great at designing pokemon in the first place they wouldn't just pick the best fan submissions and reject all the shitty ones
>>
>>29624109
Pretty sure that contest was only to name a move Game Freak already came up with, not to create your own.
>>
File: i'll register you.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
i'll register you.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>29623847
>all anthropomorphic animal characters are fursonas
>>
>>29623878
If Game Freak opened up a contest, with some kind of significant prize at stake, there will probably be plenty of skilled artists who have never designed a pokemon before tossing in their first ever designs.
Just because all the fakemons out there are designed by overzealous life-wasting autists doesn't mean there are not other people with actual talent willing to toss their hat in the ring.
>>
>>29624159
Same anon here. I can see your point, but how are GF supposed to sift through what will be literally thousands of submissions, most of them probably shit- you can quote me on that- for actually clever designs that fit with the region? I guess we can have polls and stuff, but this is really just improbable. There are definitely some great Fakemon designs, but there are just too many crappy ones.
>>
>>29624198
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_to_hold_contest_in_promotion_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl

Can't read moon, but this implies it was the creation of a move, not naming it. I''m old enough to remember people being pissed it was basically dragon-type overheat and if they had the opportunity, it'd be so much more useful.
>>
>>29624234
I agree, the problem would be to judge all the garbage to find the good ones. In the end we'd end up with Pokemon McPokeface anyway so why bother
>>
>>29624270
Draco Meteor's pretty viable tho... what would they have GF do, make it 200 power and increase Sp. Attack by 4?
>>
>>29624234
1.) Gate the contest. Create some kind of barrier that will limit the number of shit entries.
2.) Introduce tiers and brackets separated by communities. Have the best designs voted on by the community, then forward those up into larger regional pics until everything is narrowed down to a small pool. Then Game Freak's designers pick out the best and put them to another public vote.
>>
File: whenyouareallaloneinspace.jpg (46KB, 490x433px) Image search: [Google]
whenyouareallaloneinspace.jpg
46KB, 490x433px
>>29624303
You know Gamefreak will never do something like this successfully, anon. Too much effort.
>>
>>29623960
This is a really stupid comment, mostly because you think that because they grew up with it that they can just produce whatever design they want and that GF will not have any say in it. No matter how good or how shitty a design is, if the higher ups don't OK it or want something changed or made a certain way it'll be made that way. So ultimately, every choice is finalized by the same people who have been working and designing Pokemon since the series started.
>>
>>29623781
But the creator paid for this to be put in and even then, Toby Fox made it clear that this really shouldn't be in the game but he was obligated to include it
>>
>>29623727

>Megaman series allowed fans to draw up to 6 robot masters for Megaman 8
>somehow won't work for pokemon

Sure makes you think
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.