[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this form finally do Ninetales and the Ice type justice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 067.png (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
067.png
14KB, 256x256px
Hidden Ability: Magic Guard
HP: 75
Atk: 55
Def: 80
SpA: 112
Spd: 90
Spe: 113
BST: 515 (+15)

Neutering its basically useless attack stat felt necessary and this Ninetales does look less like its inclined towards physical attacks but slightly fluffier so marginally buffed in physical defense.

I anticipate a minor stat boost to alolan formes so I've been conservative at +15 BST.

Though I love its typing and design I admit the Fairy subtype is kind of arbitrary. Anyhow this looks like it could be fast and a good special attacker. Could we have an actually effective Ice type here, akin to a special based Weavile but not quite so fast?
>>
File: 068.png (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
068.png
14KB, 256x256px
Shiny is also a cute.
>>
Learnset includes: Magic Coat, Moonblast, Barrier, Mirror Coat, Draining Kiss, Baby Doll Eyes , Misty Terrain, Ice Shard, Aurora Veil (I'm hoping this is gamefreak FINALLY doing something potentially positive for Ice type pokemon, i.e. I am hoping it is exclusive to Ice types), Heal Block, Extrasensory, Energy Ball (Like regular Ninetales), Safeguard, Calm Mind, Psycho Shift
>>
>No one wants to talk about glorious magic arctic fox :(
>>
>>29609611
I don't think Alolan forms will have a Stat boost as that would make them severely out class the normal forms we know.
>>
>>29610114
>then what is the point in more shitmons like Raticate and Persian and sadly Ninetales, anon?

Unless they really min max the stats which gamefreak have done in the past with like, Mega Beedril and Mega Pidgeot, then I don't see how shuffling about awful BST will really do much. Because of this they may well even buff the regular mon too.
>>
>>29610363
New typing, abilities, moves, and possibly swapped stats how does that not already breathe new life into them? The point is to change them up but not make the original form outclassed otherwise there would be no point to use them over the original, they also didn't become stronger by living in a new region they just adapted.
>>
Weavile is already the mon that did the Ice type justice. It showed that Ice isn't shit once it's on s Pokémon that can actually fucking use it offensively.

I doubt Ninetales will be amazing, not because of the 4x weakness but because Ice/Fairy don't really do anything for each other. If it keeps base 100 Speed or gets more or should be decent.
>>
>>29610363
The point is to make them new and fresh again, not to ensure that they're more competitively viable. I could see a bst shuffle, but I doubt Alolan forms will have higher bsts than the originals. They aren't upgrades, they're just sub-species.
>>
HA: Dazzling
>>
>>29610384
Its not necessarily about them 'becoming stronger' anon it is that gen 1 BSTs suffer terribly from power creep.

If anything I'm expecting min maxing shenanigans.

On the other hand too anon, yes they shouldn't outright outclass their counterpart but expecting something like Alolan Raticate to just be as shit as the regular one is pointless, if anything variants like Muk outright just make it better because it has an even better defensive typing and now secondary STAB options with Sucker Punch, Crunch and the like.
>>
>>29611072
Minmaxing will more or less be necessary to make them any great, although I believe some of them may change roles. If a formerly physical attacker becomes special focused, or a formerly defensive Pokemon becomes fast and frail, it would prevent them from occupying the same niche, which means the Alolan would not outclass the common form outright.
>>
>>29610690
Which is why I mentioned that the base species might receive the same boost to their BST.

Trying to reaarange the BST of something like Sandslash where it is already low makes it very tricky without just making its SpA like 10.

Certain ones like Exeggutor with a decent BST could probably simply swap like atk and spA but how can you increase Sandslash's potential attack and defense enough to be worth the effort without minimizing say its speed and spA.
>>
File: rin.png (363KB, 496x580px) Image search: [Google]
rin.png
363KB, 496x580px
Reminder that its HA will be Snow Warning and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>29611134
This is what looks to be the case with Exeggutor where its spA and atk are probably swapped and potentially with Golem. But what of the likes of Sandslash and Ninetales where it looks like their stats will probably be very similar? Making them Ice types with their BSTs just seems doomed to fail.
>>
>>29611181
Forgot about this. Even better.>>29610425
>>
>>29610425
I kind of meant more Special Attacking Ice types. I Should have been more specific.
>>
>>29611182
Snowslash looks like its going to be slower, which is obviously already a problem.
They might turn it into a mixed wall or mixed attacker rather than physically focused, or just surprise us with a specially-defensive/physically-offensive combo with an ironically frail physical defense for a Steel-type.
I do hope most of the Pokemon with Alolan forms get a +10 BST, for both common and Alolan. It would also give GF just a little bit more to work with without having to totally minmax shit.
>>
>>29611038
This would save it.
It'll probably get Snow Warning though.
>>
>>29611468
I honestly hope the Alola Forms don't just get reskinned abilities for HAs.
Alolan Muk at least has to get something different, since Poison Touch is just its regular ability. If it's Poison Point I'm gonna be mad as hell
>>
>>29611516
Watch it be Poison Point anon
>>
>>29611916
>>
>>29610114
People already did some calcs with Alolan Raticate and apparently it got an increase in HP, so it shouldn't be suprising if we see their BS rearranged a little.
>>
>>29613072
the HP increased but another stat probably decreased as well
>>
>>29613619
Lol sl what is the freakibf point? Unless they've reduced its spA to 1.
>>
>>29609611
>Aron used Iron Head!
>Klink used Gear Grind!
>Mega Metagross used Heavy Slam!
>>
>>29611261
In any case it doesn't really have the raw stat total to do any of these roles well. This is what I mean about stat increases, its pretty much necessary to not make the form utterly pointless and unusable
>>
Sandslash
Attack: 100
Defense: 110
Sp. Atk: 45
Sp. Def: 55
Speed: 65

Alolan Sandslash

Attack: 105
Defense: 120
Sp. Atk: 30
Sp. Def: 75
Speed: 45

This is what I envision if it has the same bst as Sandslash. Not much really changes. Unless it gets the possible hail variant of chlorophyl its just another slow bulky ice type to get obliterated.
>>
>>29609611
>scissor used metal punch!
>>
>>29609611
I want it to have an anti priority ability just so my mono ice team can do something better about bullet punch
>>
>>29615941
I'd so much prefer Frosty Terrain over fucking Hail. I don't want to make my team primarily Ice/Psychic to avoid self-damage.
Considering they went the easy route on the Tapu Terrains, I don't think we'll be getting any more of those this generation. That, and we already have the shittiest weather for Ice, and I don't expect Terrain/Weather combos for the same type.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.