[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people here claim to be be fans of Pokémon yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3474.png (31KB, 209x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3474.png
31KB, 209x229px
Why do so many people here claim to be be fans of Pokémon yet don't watch the anime? How can they be big fans then?
>>
>>29609159
I hate Pokemon.
>>
Pokemon is a vidya
>>
>>29609159
The anime is shit for children anon. Granted so are the games, but at least they have a little depth.
>>
>>29609159
i love rpgs but i'm not 10 anymore. i haven't watched the anime since 2002.
>>
>>29609159
The anime is shit and turned me off the franchise when I was young.

Pokemon repeating their own names vs cool varied monster cries.
>>
>>29609174
Gen 3 is the first game that has depth, really.
>>
why force myself to watch something that's mediocre at best?
>>
>>29609209
Mhm, I agree. Although, I do appreciate RBGY for the fact that Paras is a bro in those games.
>>
>>29609219
>RBGY
>>>/co/

Fuck off back to /co/ and take your shots waifu cartoon with you.
>>
>>29609228
Haha, nice one anon. Red, Blue Green and Yellow. Just like that shit RWBY.
>>
I watched Kanto and Johto seasons of it to completion and most of the Hoenn, Sinnoh and the first season of B/W so it's good enough.
>>
>>29609159
The anime has always sucked and I'm not 12 anymore. Those are the reasons.
>>
>>29609159
The anime is too lighthearted and ignores the darkness of the games
>>
>>29609159
The anime sucks and ditches my favorite characters
>>
Because muh 4kidz, plus the show has been legit garbage since Misty left
>>
>>29609159
I just don't watch the shitty ashnime, but other stuff like generations or origins are ok.
>>
>>29609159

It's a big franchise.
>>
>>29609159
If it wasn't ash and actually a well written adaptation, I would watch it

New Generations episode when
>>
>>29609159
I know a dumpster fire when I see one.
>>
>>29609174
>>29609209
>any games
>depth
It being for kids is not the anime´s problem anon.

>>29609159
When you like something, you don´t support the main thing that keeps the franchise from becoming near perfect.
>>
>>29609159
>watching ashnime ever
el em ayy oh
(You)
>>
>>29609159
>implying I don't have better anime to watch
Do you even imagine the time someone need to watch LOGH ? I don't have time for shit
>>
>>29609159
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>29609159
too many episodes
>>
>>29610044
I watched it when I was 17, I'm pretty glad I did, as now I'd have absolutely no time to watch it either.
>>
>>29610124
You did good anon, I watched it this year(I´m 25) and took me a while between work, other weekly shows and the like.
>>
File: rendition1.img.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>>29609159
>unironically watching the ashnime
>>
>>29609159
Yea I don't want to watch Ash lose the league AGAIN
>>
>>29609159
The ashime is one of the cringiest parts of Pokemon, especially if you are a huge fan of the games. I decided to take a look with the Alain vs Ash fight and it was completely stupid.
>Ash sends out his Pikachu on a Tyranitar and it wins
>Ash sends a Dragon/Flying type on an Ice type for no reason instead of his Hawlucha first
>Le regional burd rivalry and this competitive edgy guy has a Regional Bird that isn't a Talon or Staraptor
>Ash sends a Goodra on a Physical Attacking steel type, wasting more Pokemon in the finals match
>It loses not by Physical attacks being barraged on to it, but by an OHKO move
>Alain also uses an OHKO move after attacking Goodra
>He also doesn't Mega Evolve his Charizard until memefrog comes in
>A Fire/Flying type with frail defenses takes hits from a Pikachu that killed a Tyranitar
>Le maymay epid final forms battle where a weakened Charizard beats a "Mega" Greninja
>Ash decided to only use Greninja until the end
And this is just one battle that's meant to be extremely special. I don't even think the SM ashime will ruin the XY one because you can't ruin what was already bad.
>>
>>29609159
Can't force myself to watch the first couple seasons. I really wanna get on the XY train but I don't wanna feel like a newfag.
>>
How can people claim to be fans of pokemon and hate everything??
>>
>>29609159
You fags always complain about the anime, so what's the point in watching a mediocre show? I watched it until the beginning of gen 4 and got bored.
>>
>>29611075
hello newfag
>>
>>29611075
oh shit he said it
>>
There is a difference between being a fan and a cocksucker

A fan has no problem saying something is bad
A cocksucker is OP who will suck off pokemons cock even if shit squirts out of it and ask for more

The anime is shit, it's the worst part of the franchise that only little kids and cocksuckers like
>>
>>29611139
Why are you so angry friend, I like the ashnime not because it's good or because I'm a cocksucker or a kid, but because I like to see animated pokemon battles. The context around them is just fluff, what matters to me is the animation of the pokemon! It makes imagining the pokemon battles in game just that much more fun when I've seen them animated.

I can admit it isn't good, but it's not a crime to like bad anime. Sao has millions of fans, so does snk and rezero.
>>
>>29609159
3 months ago, I marathon'd the whole series.

These people aren't missing out on much.
>>
>>29611202
Because I want a good Pokemon anime with characters that actually end their story
I'm sure Ash will find a way to lose the Alola island trials as well

What's wrong with rezero? i put that on my anime to watch if dubbed list
>>
File: IMG_1675.jpg (134KB, 710x545px)
IMG_1675.jpg
134KB, 710x545px
>>29611271
>watch if dubbed list
>>
>>29611287
I just cant go back to subs

I'll normally wait an year and if no news I watch the sub
>>
Honestly, there are many kinds of fans. One doesn't have to like all parts of it, just one part of it. Unfortunately, no one here understands the meaning of fluidity, so everything has to be an absolute. The absolutes chosen are only the games, only the most hardcore players, only absolute perfection in everything, and only negativity.
>>
>>29611326
kys
>>
File: pffft.gif (927KB, 410x282px)
pffft.gif
927KB, 410x282px
>>29611456
>wanting to listen to the high pitched shrieking that japanese think is "sexy girl voice"
>not enjoying the vastly improved dubs as anime becomes more and more mainstream
>being an elitist cockslap
>>
>>29609159

I am a fan of the games.

The anime sucks rotten ass and will continue to do so until Porygon is given the justice it deserves.
>>
>>29611524
>not watching all your media in original language
>thinks 99% dubs don't sound like absolute shit which happens when 40 yo losers pretend to be teenagers
>>
>>29611548
But all teenagers in media are actually 40 year olds, what are you talking about?

Err...except for Disney related media, those are actual teenagers and somehow worse.
>>
>>29609159
The anime sucks, go read Pokemon Special, even the people who created the games think it's better!
>>
>>29611590
You know, I'm really interested about the source.
>>
>>29611579
japs are at least better at pretending or their voices sound all the same anyway
>>
>>29611632
Yes, awful. I've had ear infections that were less painful.
>>
>>29609159
Because it would hurt to see the characters I knew and loved being dead for years, and they're probably not even remembered by the protagonist.
>>
>>29611673
stop watching dubs then
>>
>>29611710
you're a funny guy, anon
enjoy your shrieking hellbeasts
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.