[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exp. Share is the reason XY and ORAS were braindead easy. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 13

File: expshare.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
expshare.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
Exp. Share is the reason XY and ORAS were braindead easy.

What do you think and why do you agree with me?
>>
>something you can turn off
>responsible for anything
b8
>>
We're getting it again in SM :^)
>>
>>29608319
I came here to say this
fpbp, /thread, etc.
>>
>>29608312
I'd honestly prefer for sun & moon where balanced to using it rather then have it removed
>>
>>29608312
>not turning it off
>blaming the game for your incompetence
bad bait, son
>>
>>29608312
If that's the case then the blame rests solely on hasty players. Your first instinct in any game should be checking the item you've just received and seeing if you like the effects.
>>
Pokemon's always been easy as shit. The toughest parts have always been when the AI cheats.

Hell, the most fun I've had in Pokemon aside from the main "story" was the White Treehollow in W2. An interesting challenge and your team still leveled up, plus you got a shiny as a reward for beating it.

Say what you want about gen 5, at least the BW2 had an amazing post game.
>>
File: get ready to get spooked.gif (1MB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
get ready to get spooked.gif
1MB, 300x282px
>>29608312
>Pokémon
>challenging
>ever

>split exp.
>making it harder/easier

>mindless grinding
>hard

You people who ask for grinding are just as retarded as the people who want HMs back because "having a move wasted on an HM makes the game harder".
>>
>>29608312
Yup. And the fanboys who think it's the player's fault are fucking retarded. The player isn't in charge of balancing the game. The developers are. If they meant it to be a difficulty toggle PUT A DIFFICULTY TOGGLE ON THE FUCKING MAIN MENU.

>>29608354
The average player isn't going to turn off an item that gives 250% EXP, retard. People play games with the intent of using tools the game gives you to get the best advantage, not deciding whether or not they should arbitrarily shoot themselves in the foot because the devs couldn't be assed to balance the game.

It's bad game design, plain and simple. And it's fucking amazing GF is allowed to get away with it.
>>
>>29608376
The problems not asking for mindless grinding the problem is the ex share makes you drastically over levelled

But saying that I'm playing AS exp off and it's ballenced pre well
>>
>>29608377
>The average player isn't going to turn off an item that gives 250% EXP, retard
Then they aren't the average player, retard.

RPGs aren't designed to be rushed down like that you're meant to asses the situation and items and see if they match your play style. If they don't then you don't use it.

Don't call it bad game design because you have ADHD.
>>
>>29608377
They get away with it because people keep buying the games.

Not only that, but Nintendo and GF do market research. The reason this shit is in the games is because people want it, plain and simple.
>>
>>29608377
>n-no I can't be wrong!
>the game is!
That's pathetic dude.
>>
I couldn't beat E4 despite massive over level
>>
>>29608312
You know, it's optional. Which means you can turn it off if it makes things too easy for you.

Yes, it indeed makes things easier but you can choose not to use it. I used it in ORAS because I wanted to reach the end game faster and dedicate my life to breeding.
>>
>>29608312
Neither game were braindead easy for me and the Exp. Share in no way made your Pokemon overleveled, especially not in the way a lot of people put it out to be. By the time I got to Diantha/Steven my Pokemon were around the same level as their strongest Pokemon or 10 levels below. So no one can actively say that they make you overleveled because that's complete bullshit unless you go out of your way to grind and beat every single trainer in the games.
>>
>>29608412
I think you might just be as bad as the people who don't realise you can turn it off.
>>
>>29608427
This. The only way you become over leveled is if you put in the additional grind.
Which now includes catching pokemon
>>
>>29608397
>RPGs aren't designed to be rushed down like that you're meant to asses the situation and items

Yeah because with almost every other RPG there are pros and cons to using certain items. If there's no downside of course the player is going to use it you retard. Nobody ever plays an RPG with a +2 armor, sees a +10 armor with literally no extra cost compared to the +2 armor, and then go "nah i won't use it it doesn't fit my playstyle lol"

People play games with the intent to beat them. Not pussyfoot around with weak items arbitrarily. It's not ADHD. It's just bad design and you either haven't played enough games or you're terrible at making analogies.

>>29608405
People bought the games before the busted ass EXP share is broken. The game being successful doesn't make it free from criticism nor does it mean everything in the game is perfect.

GF dick suckers never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>29608406
>n-no game freak can't be wrong!
>the player is!
That's pathetic dude
>>
>>29608312
Exp. Share is a blessing when you are working to train pokémon to complete the pokédex.
If I wanted to play a hard game, I'd play Ghost n Goblins, not Pokémon, which has never been hard to begin with.
>>
>>29608376
to these retards, tedious = hard
there's no point in reasoning with them because they'll never get it through their thick skulls that the two are completely different
>>
>>29608449
You probably never heard of the naked challenge on Monster Hunter then.
>>
File: 7203642580_30aee2d0d7.jpg (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
7203642580_30aee2d0d7.jpg
142KB, 500x500px
>>29608312
>The easy difficulty option is why 80% of games are braindead easy.
This is what you sound like
>>
>>29608312
The games were still easy with it off.
Not as easy, but still easy.
The issue was that they went back to the horrible movesets of gen 1 and 2, with a poor party count added on top.
>>
>>29608312
I would have had less issue if you recieved the Exp. Share near the end of the game, right before a place that (likely) demanded a specific 'mon. Or how about something actually original! How about since the games now keep track of who you use to beat the gyms, why couldn't the Psychic gym refuse to battle if you have a mon that faced a previous Gym Leader? That'd be pretty infuriating, but an actual good reason to train a team up in a hurry.
>>
Exp share isn't the problem. I kept it turned off through my entire run of ORAS and I was only slightly underleveled most of the time. The gym leaders and elite four were still a joke because of the shitty AI and teams.

Two immediate moments come to mind:
>Challenge Wattson
>He sends out Voltorb
>I send out Mudkip (I was trying something new and didn't want to evolve my starter)
>He uses Charge four times in a row instead of attacking
>Switch to another pokemon
>Voltorb uses Rollout

>Challenge some team Flare grunt
>They send out Manectric
>Send out Fletchinder (or Talonflame?)
>They use Odor Sleuth
>I use flame charger or something
>They use Odor Sleuth, again

Maybe there's a bug with Electric Pokemon. Maybe the AI is really shitty. The team flare grunt using shitty moves doesn't bother me TOO much since the grunts are supposed to be stupid but Wattson just straight not not attacking or even taking advantage of type effectiveness (Serebii says his Voltorb has Volt Switch) is ridiculous
>>
>>29608376
>>29608473
Levels are the game's primary way of managing difficulty scaling. What you're basically saying is that giving the player a tool that auto levels them to 100 wouldn't make the game easier because otherwise it would be tedious grinding. It doesn't work that way.

FYI if you needed to go out of your way to grind in any pre-gen 6 game you're simply bad at the game. You don't need to be 5 levels above the Gym Leader to beat them.
>>
>>29608480
There's literally no reason not to take the easy difficulty option if there is one. You're artificially limiting yourself if you choose anything else and that's shit game design.
>>
>>29608376
It's not split EXP, your lead mon gets 100% of the EXP, and everything else just gets 50% of that EXP for free, so you get 250% extra. It's like a lucky egg on steroids. And sure, Pokemon has never been hard, but it hasn't been this easy since RBY.
>>
>>29608449
>Nobody ever plays an RPG with a +2 armor, sees a +10 armor with literally no extra cost compared to the +2 armor, and then go "nah i won't use it it doesn't fit my playstyle lol"
Light armor runs
Encumberment system
As this anon says >>29608478 the naked challenge
Hell just to add challenge in general.

There's a multitude of reasons why a player would foregoe that equipment depending on their run. You're literally trying to blame the game for your own stupidity.
>>
>>29608478
Which is comparable to nuzlocke in Pokemon. NOT comparable to playing the game normally with a tool the NPC gives you where, if you were to go blind into the game, would have no idea that the game isn't balanced around it.
>>
>>29608312
>Exp. Share is the reason XY and ORAS were braindead easy.
Can't deny that.

>What do you think
People who complain about this should turn it off.

>why do you agree with me?
Because you're right. To a degree anyway.
>>
>>29608512
>which is comparable to a certain type of play style. NOT a making a certain type of playstyle
I think you may just be retarded.
This is an RPG anon there is no such thing as "normal play" there's one way and then there's another.
>>
>>29608509
>>29608512

>You're literally trying to blame the game for your own stupidity.
Not being able to see into the future of what the rest of the game's level curve is like isn't stupidity. What IS stupid is treating an unbalanced item like a difficulty toggle when it's not.
>>
I just don't understand why it still looks like a hat to be worn by an individual when it's really the Exp All from gen i
>>
>>29608533
"Normal play" is playing the game without purposely shooting yourself in the foot. The fact that what you're describing has to be distinguished by "naked challenge run" should speak for itself.
>>
What if the game gave you 200 Rare Candies at the beginning of the game instead of exp share? Would you use them all on your current party or would you slowly distribute them to your team as you progress through the game?

Now pretend you're completely new to Pokemon and RPGs. What would you do?
>>
>>29608535
>Not being able to see into the future
You don't need to see into the future you idiot. You can see the effects from the first use of it. After that it takes a modicum of intelligence and forethought to see if its what you want.

Unless you're a literal child you should have either turned it off of kept it on depending on what you wanted.

>What IS stupid is treating an unbalanced item
Okay no. Just because you don't know his to use it doeat mean its unbalanced. It was always intended as a way to catch up newly caught pokemon. Not to be used all the time.

You are literally not meant to be using it all the time.
>>
>>29608564
Save them forever and never use them
>>
>>29608564
>Now pretend you're completely new to Pokemon and RPGs. What would you
Not use them because its the equivalent to using super sonic with an infinite supply of rings.

It doesn't take a genius to see there's a time an a place or if something will break the game when abused.
>>
>>29608564
Use them all at once. Because I go into each game assuming the devs expect me to use the tools I'm given and that the game is balanced and not a broken piece of shit.

What I DONT do is go into every game dick sucking the company that made it and attempt to fix the game for them by setting a bunch of arbitrary rules.
>>
>>29608578
That's what I did when I played Blue version.
>>
>>29608594
>Because I go into each game assuming the devs expect me to use the tools I'm given and that the game is balanced and not a broken piece of shit.
Retard alert.
>>
>>29608575
>You are literally not meant to be using it all the time.
Then why doesn't the game ever punish you for doing this?
>>
File: 1477937715292.png (604KB, 800x1280px)
1477937715292.png
604KB, 800x1280px
>>29608312
See this >>29608319
>>
>>29608609
It does, its called over levelling
>>
>>29608575
>You can see the effects from the first use of it.

No I can't. No matter where I am in the game it's impossible to tell if the game will have a sudden level spike because it expected me to be using the EXP share the entire time.

>You are literally not meant to be using it all the time

Says who? Nothing in the game stops me from using it all the time. Nothing in the game punishes me for using it all the time. There is literally no reason for an average player to EVER turn it off because it's +250% EXP with literally no downside. The old EXP share was a different story because using it meant reducing EXP for other Pokemon.
>>
>>29608633
How is that a punishment? The game should punish me by becoming harder or tedious. Maybe it could yell at me or make me feel bad about overworking my Pokemon.
>>
>>29608609
You mean by doing something like ruining your run? If only that wasn't the main complaint about it.
>>
>>29608645
>No I can't.
That's your own problem then. Anyone else can guage the strength of the area they're in and see if it over levels them extremely early on so it doesnt break the game.
>>
>>29608650
But I don't know that it's going to ruin my run. If they want the player to not use it all the time there should be something in the game that actually gives a negative effect for doing so.

Christ I'm glad you people don't design games.
>>
>>29608312
Its easy even without exp share. You just grind your way with a starter and beat anything even in a type disadvantage.
I remember beating Platinum with Infernape only.
Pokemon was never hard in first place and EXP share is just a convenient tool to power level your pokemon for online play.
>>
>>29608658
Literally the next sentence in the post you quoted has the answer to this post. Try again.

Not seeing the future != stupidity
>>
I liked the EXP share, so glad it's back in SM
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (45KB, 600x480px)
IMG_0465.jpg
45KB, 600x480px
>>29608681
Same
>>
>>29608677
>Not seeing the future != stupidity
However waiting until half way into the game to notice the effects is. Especially when they're right there in front of you in the initial uses.
>>
>>29608663
>But I don't know that it's going to ruin my run
You can see the effects of the damn thing 30 minutes after getting it. You didn't heed the warning and now you've fucked up.

Also pretty much every game is designed like this. So I guess you better drop them all faggot
>>
>>29608663
>If they want the player to not use it all the time there should be something in the game that actually gives a negative effect for doing so.
So like making the game absurdly easy to the point where it isn't enjoyable?
>>
>>29608354
No need to check it, they devote time to telling you what it does when you get it.
>>
>>29608312
Dude, pokemon has *always* been braindead easy. I beat the entirety of gen 1 using basically nothing but my starter, and only switching that out when I came up against something grass or electric type because I knew it was weak to that. I was also a stupid kid and gave it all water moves. I remember literally using nothing but Water Gun to cherry tap the Elite Four to death so I could save Hydro Pump for the really strong pokemon in the champ battle.

Exp. Share being upgraded didn't hurt the difficulty at all. If anything it just encourages people to *not* stick with a single overpowered pokemon, because their whole team is leveling up and they can go ahead and switch in that new Flabebe they just caught a few battles ago without worrying about it being underleveled.

The only way pokemon is going to ever be truly challenging is if they reintroduce challenge mode and give every trainer six pokemon with more competitive movesets and actually swapping out pokemon during battle instead of leaving their bellsprout out against a fucking Charizard. They seem to have listened to us on a lot of shit for gen 7 and tried out a bunch of new things that looks great. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see the return of Challenge Mode in the near future. One can hope.
>>
>>29608758
What other games give you an item at the beginning of the game with no downsides* that has the ability to completely overpower monster/opponent/boss?

* besides the game not being 'fun' anymore
>>
>>29608777
It lets you get through the pointless story that has no right to be there and get to the engaging pvp post game training.
>>
>>29608312
>obvious false flag thread
Fuck off. ORAS was shit and easy for multiple other reasons.
The Exp. Share was just an example of GF showing that they think you're retarded.
>>
>>29608312
they were braindead easy even with exp share turned off
>>
>>29608782
>No need to check it
Except to figure out how it works.
Is it an equip or key item?
Single use or multi? Things like that.

Rushing ahead in any game just guarantees a run you won't enjoy.
>>
>>29608663
>An item was designed for the player's convenience
>Having a negative effect
What? No, seriously, what?
You sound like the kind of person who would complain about being given a Master Ball, despite the fact that you don't really need it.
>>
>>29608794
The souls series with items that severely decrease HP loss when dying
Recent monster hunter games with the insect glaive and aerial style. Oh and the charge blade.
Even Mario with the multitude of P items like the leaf and wing.

Hell mounting broke Monhun in 4 to the point where every player was just using a glaive and the skill that raises mounting chance.

What was your point again?
>>
>>29608824
Except the Master Ball is a one time use item and you usually only get one in the entire game. The Exp. Share is like supply of Master Balls that never runs out.

I could just regular Pokeballs to catch Pokemon but I'm going to spend 20 minutes weakening the Pokemon and then throwing a dozen balls until I catch, OR I could just throw one of my infinite Master Balls and save myself 10 minutes.

I could just turn Exp. Share off and be underleveled and spend an extra hour to get my team to be at least 10 levels lower than the next boss, or I could just leave it on and not waste my time
>>
>>29608860
>I could just turn Exp. Share off and be underleveled and spend an extra hour to get my team to be at least 10 levels lower than the next boss, or I could just leave it on and not waste my time
And ruin your enjoyment as a result. Unless that isn't a factor for you in which case why are you complaining?
>>
>>29608878
If the gym leader has four level 40 Pokemon and I have a team of six level 22-28 Pokemon, there's no way I'm going to win, even with strategy. This isn't fun.
>>
Why wouldn't you trade lv100 Pokemon at the start? Them not obeying doesn't change anything and the developers give you the tools to do it IMMEDIATELY, so you HAVE to do it.

And who didn't use the event Genesect when BW2 came out? After all, it was a gift from the developers, so i HAVE to use it.
>>
>>29608860
>being underleveled without the exp share
>ever
You're right it was a mistake. You new players just don't want to admit you rely on a crutch to beat the second easiest gen.
>>
>>29608312
I'm okay with using it. I play Pokémon for other reasons rather than difficulty, so if I want hard games, I play other ones.
>>
>>29608912
You do realise that scenario only shows up in the johto games with Red right?
In any other game at most you'll be five levels lower and that's well within a manageable range.
>>
>>29608312
>Exp share in Gen VII
>But now we have Gen V exp scaling so it's now fucking broken and rounds pokemon's levels.

God bless!
>>
>>29608912
This is gen 6 anon, not 4.
With the capture exp you shouldn't be that far behind at all.
>>
>>29608912
How bad do you have to be for this to happen
>>
>>29608917
A level 100 pokemon is obviously overpowered.

A legendary pokemon is obviously overpowered.

An item that helps my team stay leveled together so I don't have to grind is not immediately recognizable as obviously overpowered.
>>
>>29608860
>The Exp. Share is like supply of Master Balls that never runs out
Yes, and you would still complain even though you don't have to use it.

Like, at all. It's your choice.

>I could just [...]
Alternatively, you could use the EXP Share until you get to a decent level instead of over.

Also:
>>29608912
>gym leader has four level 40 Pokemon
>I have a team of six level 22-28 Pokemon
10 or so level behind? Have you been avoiding battles?
>>
This thread was a mistake
>>
>>29608312
I turned it off and used a rotating team of 12

Shit was still very piss easy
>>
No this wasn't the reason. It was because alot of the items was easily handed to you rarely had to work and search anything
>>
It can be turn off and not be use. You ppl are stupid
>>
>>29608983
So what if they're overpowered? They're there for me to use, why shouldn't i use them?

>a legendary is obviously overpowered
At level 10 or so? Yeah no.
>>
>>29608312
I play Pokemon games mainly using 1 Pokemon so it was hardly different than any other game, even if I were to use more than one, it would end up just with the item exp share.
Also
>turns off exp share
>something happens
>>
No EXP Share wasn't the problem, there are difficulty hacks that are very hard with the EXP Share, the devs just made Gen 6 retardedly easy, even with the EXP Share off.
>>
>>29608412
>massively overleveled
>can't beat E4
The only time you'd have a problem is at the mega gyardos and you don't KO it before it dragon dances one or two times. After the battle all you need is a revive and pot up then you've pretty much won.
>>
>>29608564
>200 candies at the beginning of the game
>Now pretend you're completely new to Pokemon and RPGs. What do you do?
Being new has nothing to do with it anything, it doesn't take much read or figure out what they do.
Whether or not the player is the type to lvl 100 the first route mon and starter is up to them, new or not.
>>
>>29608983
>A legendary Pokemon is obviously overpowered
You're that kid in school who says all legends are ubers, aren't you?
>>
>>29608377
>The average player isn't going to turn off an item that gives 250% EXP, retard. People play games with the intent of using tools the game gives you to get the best advantage, not deciding whether or not they should arbitrarily shoot themselves in the foot because the devs couldn't be assed to balance the game.
>It's bad game design, plain and simple. And it's fucking amazing GF is allowed to get away with it.

Your argument is valid, but doesn't apply in this case, IMO.

Some people enjoy a challenge in their games, some just like to have fun.

Also, scrub mentality can make people shy away from items that are "too good."

In the case of EXP share, I think it's fine as long as the game mentions that it can be turned off, so the player knows that they can choose whether to use it or not. The game should be decently challenging without it, but again, that's up to the player.

Stop projecting. Not everyone will pounce on the best and strongest and blaze through the game.
>>
>>29608377
I know, right? Why do people shoot themselves in the foot by picking hard difficulties.
>>
>>29608377
>Pick the option to make things easier
>Complain about it being easier

This isn't a broken ability or character people may not use unintentionaly, this is a blatant easy mode that has it's effects described to you

If you don't want it turn it off, should games get rid of cheat items too because you're incapable of self control?
>>
>xp share make things easy
it does?
I don't know, I rolled on every game just by playing the starter, I always thoug it was here to make others' evolution less tedious
>>
>>29608983
Phione, Articuno, Regice, And Regigigas says hi
>>
turning off the exp share doesn't make the game any harder, just reduces the amount of time you have to grind. The games themselves are just way too easy.

>buy power up punch
>put it on swampert or literally any other pokemon that can use it
>Swampert use power up punch!
>Swampert's attack rose!
then proceed to one shot everything with earthquake or waterfall
>>
I don't agree though. I played both with the exp share off and they were still way easier than past games
>>
File: 1430865603360.png (313KB, 764x714px)
1430865603360.png
313KB, 764x714px
>>29608853
>Recent monster hunter games with the insect glaive and aerial style. Oh and the charge blade..
>Hell mounting broke Monhun in 4 to the point where every player was just using a glaive and the skill that raises mounting chance.

t. never played MH4
>>
I am playing without exp share through X for my first playthrough, just beat the 8th gym with a level 52 team (6 pokemon) while its Avalugg is level 59. It was still easy and 5 of my team is weak to ice (didn't use the resist one).

Btw do I need to grind before the league or I will level enough naturally? I don't use healing items during battles.
>>
>>29609606
There's a reason why je suis monte and friends came about. And that reason is the abuse of mounting and the glaive
>>
>>29609606
Have you ever gone online on MH4 at all? At this point in time 90% of players are packing bug sticks and star knight.
>>
File: 1428076257978.jpg (144KB, 673x759px)
1428076257978.jpg
144KB, 673x759px
>Pokémon has always been easy
I don't get this excuse. There have always been parts that were challenging. Juan's Kingdra for one. The problem with XY and ORAS is that they were braindead easy. I swept Lysandre with my Roserade alone. It was incredibly disappointing, no villain should be that much of a pushover.
>>
>>29608376
>Pokemon hard
>Ever

At least moderately challenging
>>
>>29608312
You can turn the EXP share off. It still doesn't make the game harder with it off. GameFreak just wants to appeal to children, like they've literally always been doing. I

In fact, no Pokemon game is even remotely challenging if you know the mechanics.
>inb4 B-but when I was a child!
No one cares.

I don't understand what's there to debate when almost every time they're interviewed by Westerners, they state out right they don't care for making the game harder to appeal to "hardcore" players. The games are very likely going to continue being streamlined to advertise the online battle feature.

Just play romhacks or something if you want a challenging main game experience.
>>
I hope we get the exp share postgame only, but sadly that won't happen.
>>
>>29610445
This, or at least 6th gym onward
>>
>>29610445
It's been confirmed by people who have played the first 2 hours of SM, you get it at the first town/village I believe.
>>
>>29610503
>6th gym
>gym
>no gyms in SM

What did he mean by this?
>>
gets me so mad when stupid kids say that Pokemon is easy when they play with shift instead of set and they don't even understand what those mean
>>
>>29610445
Oh yes, because I cannot resist the temptation to use it.
>>
>>29608377
>I'm not going to turn it off
>It's their fault
>>
>>29610445
You can just not use it till postgame
>>
>>29608312
I think it's fine and most of my type actually spent grinding was post game due to this.

If I actually want to be challenged I'll turn it off and still avoid grinding levels while using only weak pokemon.

If you still use top tier pokemon or keep your starter everything will be a joke no matter what you do, really.
>>
File: caught red handed.png (357KB, 440x600px)
caught red handed.png
357KB, 440x600px
>>29610666
"type"
*time
>>
>>29608319

The level scaling was clearly designed with the EXP share in mind, fuck off.
>>
>>29610870
no fucking off here.
>>
>>29610438
Yes it does.
You get underleveled.
>>
>>29611059
No you don't. I ran a full team through X without the Exp Share and on Set Mode and didn't have much trouble.
>>
Why are people so obsessed with Pokemon being a difficult game? Do games have to be difficult to be a good game?
>>
File: diantha.png (168KB, 666x841px)
diantha.png
168KB, 666x841px
>>29610870
No it isn't, the game is still easy as piss even with Exp.Share off. What made XY easy is that everybody has a shit team build

pic related is the strongest the champion of the fucking region gets during the postgame
>>
File: 1318740893884.png (84KB, 442x360px) Image search: [Google]
1318740893884.png
84KB, 442x360px
>>29611125
>Champ
>4 Pokemon
Mistakes were made.
>>
>>29611123
Because people have different tastes and the right to give their opinion on it. I want selectable difficulty modes back so everybody can get what they want
>>
>>29611123
Yea, of course
What a dumb question
>>
>>29608312
I think it was more the terrible level scaling. Turning off EXP share just made it so you had to grind a bit more. I just want a middle ground.
>>
>>29611132
It was for a the battle chateu.
But look how gard has stored power and no boosting moves lol
>>
>>29611148
You fail to understand the difference between "Just an opinion" and an "Obsessive hatred for what they do not like." It'd be different if people were easygoing about it but /vp/ totes the fact that ORAS and XY were easier than the rest like the games are the worst thing in the world every created by man.
>>
>>29608592
Then maybe thete should be a limiter on it or some kind of code/restriction to use it like the example you used has
>>
>>29611167
I don't know what to say, maybe you should stop being an oversensitive bitch
>>
>>29611123
Well yes. Because they need the difficulty to validate their choice in life.

I mean, can you imagine? Telling someone that you play a game that can be beaten by a 10 years old child?

Because you know, the public's opinion of you is much more important than your opinion of yourself.

>>29611169
They do have that limiter. Being able to toggle the item on and off is a limiter.

What they can't control is the player being dumb enough to not turn it off when they want to, and then complaining about it.
>>
>>29608377
>The average player isn't going to turn off an item that gives 250% EXP, retard

The average player isn't going to complain that the game is too easy either
>>
>>29608312
Hahahahahahahaha How the fuck is the Exp. Share making XY and ORAS easy Hahahaha Nigga just turn it off like nigga just raise like a box full of pokemon Haha
>>
My issue isn't that it exists, I just want it to be nerfed and able to be a held item again

Either make it a 50%/50% held, or a 50%/(50%/x, x being how many Pokemon are in the party) turn on/off. The 100%/50% for all was ridiculous.
>>
>>29608312
it would have been easy without the exp share, it always has been. The new exp share gives you the opportunity to use more than six pokemon in a playthrough which makes normal runs much more interesting
>>
>Build a full team of 6 in Soul Silver
>Fight every trainer along the way
>I'm still 10 levels below Lance's team
>Spend hours doing suicide runs against the E4 or grinding against high exp trainers to stand a chance
>Replay Leaf Green, same thing happens only I'm even further behind the E4

Nah, I'll take ez mode over hours upon hours of grinding just so I don't get one-shot.
>>
>>29608312
NO, and you are stupid, the only reason why pokemon is so easy is because all of you play in easy mode. I know in this moment you wonder "what the hell is the hard mode", well...

LISTEN WELL FAGGOTS, GO TO OPTIONS, COMBAT OPTIONS AND PUT "SET", NO MATTER IF YOU GET THE EXP SHARE, NO MATTER IF YOU USED ALL POTION, REVIVE OR ETHER O WHATEVER, THE PLAY BECOMES HARD AND FUNNY BECAUSE EVERY PLAYER WHO PLAY IN SET COMBAT IS NOT A FAGGOT, just like you FAGGOT
>>
>>29608312
No.
Enemy trainers and gym leaders only have teams of 3 Pokemon were the reason XY and ORAS were braindead easy.

Honestly, all gym leaders should have 6 Pokemon. Yes, even the first one.
>>
>>29611125
Those are level up sets....

Fuck they really didn't care
>>
>>29608312
No.

XY and ORAS were easy because they are designed for children.
>>
>>29608457
>gamefreak gives you an item
>"here you go, anon. You can use this if you want!"
>"uh... t-thanks"
>FUCKING GAMEFREAK WHY DO THEY MAKE ME USE THESE ITEMS THAT I CAN TURN OFF
This is literally you.
>>
Enemies not having teams balanced around it and the game handing you shit like a Lati@s for free is why it's brain dead easy.
>>
>>29611088
Look there are people who blatantly are shitposting or haven't touched the game at all. The anon you're talking to its one such person.

Unless of course he's skipping each and every trainer in the game and is outright running from pokemon he should not be underleveled by any means.
>>
>>29608312
Or you could just have a large team of pokemon that can be optimized to handle each area, thus absorbing your excess exp.
Or turn the fucking Exp Share off and grind like a peasant instead.
Or try to accelerate your playing pace so that you can outrun the level curve.
Or do a combination of the above
>>29611498
You might be onto something. Masuda or someone at GF said they wanted to make Pokemon more accessible to the casual mobile players. I heard that some deliberate changes were made to make pokemon easier to finish.
>>
>>29611148
>Because people have different tastes and the right to give their opinion on it
It's not so much an opinion as much as vehemently hating a game despite the series being known as "babby's first RPG".
Also if you want those needs sated have you ever thought of moving to another series that provides such a thing instead of complaining about one that doesn't?

I mean by the sound of things difficulty makes or breaks pokemon and if you put that much importance on it instead of the factors pokemon is known for you clearly don't enjoy the game.
>>
>>29611210
>The average player isn't going to complain that the game is too easy either
So are you saying you've been shitposting all this time? After all you're not the average player you can make sound decisions to make a run that suits you what the casuals do is none of your business.
>>
>>29611691
That was my first post in this thread, so no I have not been shitposting.
>>
>>29608312
It isnt, you can turn it off and even without trying to farm you can end with an overleveled team by the time you hit the gym, just by trying to catch all the mons in that route
You all are understimating the exp adquired with captured mons
>>
>pokemon has never been hard!!1

I want this meme to end. Sure maybe it's never been super difficult, but at least you had to use your brain SOMEWHAT if you wanted to win. People always say shit like "Brock wasn't even hard with Charmander, all you had to do was catch a Nidoran and he was piss easy," without realizing that just the fact that you actually had to think about which pokemon you should bring to a gym leader battle is completely foreign to the most recent gens. You can take whatever the fuck you want to any gym in Kalos and win without even trying.
>>
>>29611756
>Catching anymore pokemon than you need for a team of 6
>>
>>29611766
It wasn't hard. You could just grind and overlevel your Charmander.

Remember tedious =/= hard
>>
>>29611782
>not completing the regional dex before adquiring the national one
Its like you're playing the game wrong
>>
>>29611766
No gsme has ever been hard and you shouldn't be losing at any point in the game
I know your childhood memories may be skewing things a bit for up but go and play them right now. It'll confirm one of two things for you.
>>
>>29611806
It wasn't that tedious either. In gen 1 mon in the 40s was more than enough to destroy the E4 who could get up to 10+ your level.
That can be obtained through regular play.
>>
>>29611893
You're right that I likely wouldn't have any trouble now, but it was hard enough at times for kids, and that was part of what made it fun. I remember every single one of my friends in school talking about how tough it was to beat Misty's starmie, or Whitney's miltank, but that just made it all the more satisying when you won.

Kids aren't as retarded as people think, and they DO enjoy a decent challenge. Modern GF seems to have forgotten this.
>>
>>29612138
>but it was hard enough at times for kids, and that was part of what made it fun.
And here I thought the fun of it was the idea of having an adventure, catching monsters and playing with your friends.
Seriously kids of any generation don't care for difficulty in the slightest, in fact unless they're poor and can only afford one game every few months difficulty will turn them off.

>Kids aren't as retarded as people think, and they DO enjoy a decent challenge.
See above.
It's natural as a child to want instant gratification for what they've done throughout, just about anything.
I don't think you understand children anon.
>>
>>29612138
>but it was hard enough at times for kids
Not really, because of the stats, erratic level up sets and poor decisions it's easier than XY by quite a bit. Ironically the one way to make it hard would be to use the EXP All as it splits the EXP gain to hell to the point where you'll probably be level 30 or so by the time you reach the E4.

Anyway, if they were hard for children then that means that either XY are hard for children or that children have gotten considerably smarter over the years.
>>
>>29608312
Not the only reason. The bosses (you know, like the Elite 4) just were not very powerful. Plus, for XY, the easiest thing would be to just go in front of the Eiffel Tower and bike in a circle overnight (hold down the pad/stick) with a Pokemon in daycare. You get a level 100 mon with no effort and the E 4 is nothing.
>>
>>29608312
Turned it off in both sets of games. Still retardedly easy.
>>
>>29611610
You are the one shitposting.

If you run a full 6-pokemon team from the beggining and fight all the trainers, you will be slightly underleveled by the league.
>>
>>29612347
No shit, it's Pokemon.
They're all retardedly easy.
>>
>>29611393

Trade that NPC for Jynx and use it as a party member if you want to cheese Lance.
>>
>>29612352
>you will be slightly underleveled by the league.
You won't. You'll have two or three mon on their level or above, two stragglers and a HM slave.
>>
>>29611782
wow great design there, you telling me the game discourage you from completing the pokedex now?
>>
It's easy without the Exp. Share.

What do you think and why are you so retarded?
>>
>>29612330
Do people seriously do this? I mean using exp. share is just convenient and I can understand why you'd do that. This is just plain facerolling through the entire game.
>>
>>29612492
Well yeah, without the EXP share as it is now you can't even rotate any mons out reliably.
>>
>>29612560
In BW you can. In fact I would argue it's easier to do it in BW than XY.

>>29612291
>Not really, because of the stats, erratic level up sets and poor decisions it's easier than XY by quite a bit.
No, it isn't. None of these things counterbalance 250% EXTRA EXP EVERY BATTLE and being given Mega Stones that essentially turn one of your Pokemon into legendaries.

>>29611806
see >>29608500

>>29611210
Yes they can.

>>29611580
The game doesn't give me a reason not to use it. If the game isn't balanced around it of course I'm going to complain.

>>29609152
>this is a blatant easy mode

But it isn't. NOWHERE IN ANY OF THE GAME does it mark it as an easy mode. Like I said before, if it's meant to be an easy mode put a fucking toggle on the main menu so it's clear right away, not some item that you're supposed to assume the player is going to turn off. And it's especially shitty because if I turn it off I have no option of just leveling ONE pokemon like the previous EXP share without switching in and out every battle.

>>29609133
>Some people enjoy a challenge in their games, some just like to have fun.
And MOST people play the game normally and assume that the tools given to them are going to be balanced. Especially when they're playing the game the first time and not some autistic challenge after the fact. This is comparable to nuzlocke, which already existed before the EXP share, not regular play.

Again: if they want a hard mode MAKE AN ACTUAL HARD MODE

>>29608824
No because the Master Ball is one time use you retard.

>>29608758
>>29608732
>You can see the effects of the damn thing 30 minutes after getting it.
No I can't because I have no way of knowing the game will have a level spike. I wish you faggots could read the thread before repeating these tired arguments.
>>
>>29612815
>None of these things counterbalance 250% EXTRA EXP EVERY BATTLE and being given Mega Stones that essentially turn one of your Pokemon into legendaries.
Except for the fact that you don't even need to be absurdly over leveled to demolish the game like you do in XY. In fact you can be absurdly underleveled and still achieve the same effect. Mostly due to the fact that the Pokemon have even worse AI and movesets and that every stat could be maxed out.
>>
>>29612815
>In BW you can. In fact I would argue it's easier to do it in BW than XY.
Yeah no, the exp system in Gen 5 didn't allow for easy rotation you would have to wait until you entered the next area and grind up the pokemon for it to be of any use to you. Not to mention it had several Pokemon with absurd level requirements.
>>
>>29612840
>In fact you can be absurdly underleveled and still achieve the same effect.

No. You don't.

I did one playthrough of Y with EXP share and one playthrough of X without EXP share.

In Y playthrough I could sweep Grant with one Pokemon because my guys were about 5 levels above him.

In X playthrough some of my Pokemon were actually getting KO'd and I had to think a bit smarter because their levels were either equal or less than his.

Both were still easy. But in Y I can just mash A at everything and win. With X I have to be ever so slightly strategic. Mashing A isn't fun. Having to actually slightly think is.
>>
>>29612815
>No I can't because I have no way of knowing the game will have a level spike.
Okay one, this is pokemon. There's no such thing as a level spike in this series. From beginning until now the games have had fairly decent and even level progression.
With the exception of the Johto games.

Anyway, if a game has a sudden and unexpected level spike during the main game then it's simply a bad game as it relies on a cheap trick provide the player with "difficulty".
>>
>>29612855
>the exp system in Gen 5 didn't allow for easy rotation
>lower level Pokémon leveling faster doesn't allow for easier rotation
>>
>>29612855
>you would have to wait until you entered the next area and grind up the pokemon for it to be of any use to you.

Um, no, because in both games the Pokemon not used in battle only gets 50% of the EXP. But in BW they catch up faster (and without overleveling the rest of your team) because of the curve.
>>
>>29611125
>Battle Chateau
That's some next level cherrypicking
>>
>>29612905
It didn't. All it ensured is that your starter pokemon was a higher level than the rest of your team at all times simply because it was the first member of your team and recieved more EXP than the rest.

Once you capture that Pokemon it's can't really level up particularly fast until you reach the next area whereas in XY with the EXP share you can just put it on your team, battle a few wild mons at any point in the game including the area you found it and you're set.

Any how you look at it forcing the player to move on before they can make use of the new addition isn't promoting rotation. It's denying it.

>>29612914
See above.
>>
>>29612815
>No because the Master Ball is one time use you retard
Let me repeat myself then; you still have the CHOICE to use it or not.
Same thing with the EXP Share. Being able to toggle it on or off means you are given a choice.

Also, not the anon you were quoting, but:
>The game doesn't give me a reason not to use it
>If the game isn't balanced around it of course I'm going to complain
This sounds so retarded that I want to believe you're just shitposting at this point in time.
>>
>>29612554
I used it to level up mons after the endgame, but I did not use it before that. Honestly, I would be okay with all games having something like this as long as it exists in an area only accessible after beating the Elite4.
>>
>>29612951
Don't bother anon. He shitposts in literally every thread about the Exp. Share talking about how players shouldn't have a choice or they're gimping themselves by not using it.
>>
>>29612898
>Okay one, this is pokemon. There's no such thing as a level spike in this series

Kanto in GSCHGSS and BW post game.

Fuck, even ORAS has a level spike if you rechallenge the E4 right after finishing the Delta episode. You don't stand a chance if you weren't using the EXP share the entire game. Patterns aren't a good thing to base the rest of the game off of and any well designed game assumes the player is going to make the best out of the tools given.
>>
>>29612988
>Anyway, if a game has a sudden and unexpected level spike during the main game
Way to make yourself look like a retard.
>>
>>29612948
>It didn't. All it ensured is that your starter pokemon was a higher level than the rest of your team at all times simply because it was the first member of your team and recieved more EXP than the rest.

The same thing applies to the gen 6 exp share retard.
>>
>>29613000
>Patterns aren't a good thing to base the rest of the game off of and any well designed game assumes the player is going to make the best out of the tools given.

Way to make yourself look like a retard.
>>
>>29613009
>The same thing applies to the gen 6 exp share retard.
Never said it didn't, jackass.
However Gen 6 allows more than one pokemon to reach an acceptable level without the additional grind.

After all why do you think they added Audino? Even GF was aware that the player needed it.
>>
>>29613026
And that has what to do with the conversation?
We're specifically talking about the main game here.
Not to mention Kanto wasn't really a level spike until Red who was designed as an optional superboss. Black and White was the only one with one and that's still delegated to the post game.

So what is your point again or are you just going to continue shitposting?
>>
>>29612988
>Fuck, even ORAS has a level spike if you rechallenge the E4 right after finishing the Delta episode. You don't stand a chance if you weren't using the EXP share the entire game
You're kidding right?
There's no fucking post game after DE you retard and even then your mon are at least a comfortable 55-60 range which matches up with the rematch battles across the region.

>Patterns aren't a good thing to base the rest of the game off
What fucking pattern?
You literally have 0 occurrences of a level spike during the main fucking game.
Last time I checked you need at least 3 to come to an acceptable pattern.

>and any well designed game assumes the player is going to make the best out of the tools given.
Oh so you don't have a problem with the Exp Share. After all the best thing to do with it is to use it to rotate your mon out and that's perfectly reasonable.

Seriously though is Pokemon your first fucking RPG? Nearly every RPG to date has overpowered items that break the game and they're there for a reason.
For player who don't want to deal with the additional difficulty and just want to experience a chill adventure.
You can't apply the same damn logic you would for say a platformer or something like Uncharted to an RPG. It wouldn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>29612982
>they're gimping themselves by not using it.

Are you implying they're not gimping themselves? The game offers an option that is undeniably superior to not using it at no cost. Because implying otherwise, regardless of your stance on the actual mechanics of the exp share is fucking retarded.

First off all, I'm upset that I can't use a "standard" exp share in gen VI. Why am I forced to use the new version or not use any at all? Why was the old inadequate? In addition, why was the rehaul to the exp system necessary. In one generation, they added (on top of the exp share):

- Full exp for participation in battle (compared to shared). This alone is a stupid change and definitely worse than the exp share as you can't turn this shit off
- Amie bonus
- Exp bonus from NFE pokémon that can evolve by level
- Capture experience
- Exp o-power

They also give you a free lucky egg in XY (though that happened in gen V as well. You can also farm them without effort in ORAS). Why was all this necessary? Why scap the fully functioning exp system from the previous generation?

Of course, the games also suffer from such disastrous game design issues such as giving you a free legendary with a mega stone (for no reason whatsoever. Inb4 don't use it, it's still terrible game design) and the entire Zinnia fight where Rayray is forced into your team in the first slot, removing any tension from the fight whatsoever.

The new exp share would be great as a post-game item where you actually can use it to quickly level a lot of pokémon. It would also serve as an actual reward for beating the league. But in the present state it's just bad design. It is not, however, the reason to why gen VI was so easy. There is more to it than that.
>>
>>29613135
>Are you implying they're not gimping themselves?
>playing the game like any other game
>gimping yourself
There you go. I just invalidated your entire text wall.
>>
>>29612940
>highest leveled trainers in the game
>cherry picking
>>
>>29611766
How does Nidoran make the fight easier?

Also most people just lvl to 15 and spam ember. It's not a hard fight. A skillful player can win at 12 using growl and potions to their advantage, but even then that's the hardest part of the whole game due to how ez it is to over level.
>>
>>29612815
>The game doesn't give me a reason not to use it.
Boo fucking hoo. Is you not wanting to use it not enough of a reason not to use it?
>>
>>29613612
>but even then that's the hardest part of the whole game due to how ez it is to over level.
Wait what?
>>
>>29613770
Over exaggeration, Misty is also trouble with Starmie's 22% chance to crit. But yeah after that it's smooth sailing. There's no need to grind or strategies after that point. Just buy lots of potions and revives. Well that's what I did as a 10 year old anyways.
>>
File: 1438457429987.png (827KB, 2000x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1438457429987.png
827KB, 2000x1465px
I don't see why you couldn't get a standard EXP Share during the game and then post-game, some guy in the professors lab upgrades it to an EXP All
>>
The reason XY&ORAS were easy was because there were constantly NPCs placed in the storyline to heal you at just the right times to take a piss out of any difficulty. Also the teleporting and handholding in ORAS was too much.
EXP share isn't really that big of a deal get over it faggot.
>>
>>29608312
Turn it off you fucking retard, the only braindead thing here is you.
>>
>>29613877
I'm all for options. I don't see why the option doesn't exist for the old experience share, but I wouldn't want the new one limited to post game.

In XY I actually used more than 6 Pokemon. Every time I came across a new monitor that tickled my fancy I'd throw it onto my team and it would very quickly hit a usable level. XY was my most experimental playthough cus switching mons a lot didn't require a lot of grinding.

But again I'm all for options so people can play however they want.
>>
Pokemon is anything but hard
>>
No, I had it off the whole time, X was still as easy as Kirby's Adventure.
>>
>>29614394
>was because there were constantly NPCs placed in the storyline to heal you at just the right times
Wrong, they only healed you when you were in the vicinity of a heal spot already. The only game that actively gave you free healing in the middle of a route or cave was Gen 5 and they're one of the harder if not the hardest pokemon games.
>>
>>29612377
>having HM slaves in X/Y

Only Surf is required to complete the game.
>>
>>29614467
>X was still as easy as Kirby's Dreamland 1
ftfy
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 638x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 638x361px
>>29614468
The only hard thing about gen 5 was that fucking doctor with the Minimize Metronome Clefable in the BW2 Victory Road.
>it metronomes a Milk Drink at 40%
>mfw
>>
>>29608319
But the old exp share was a tool I CONSTANTLY used in gen 5
In gen 6 it's either stupid easy to level your guys up or retardedly hard with it off
>>
>>29614468
Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town has a healing square inside.

The Rocket hideout in Johto's Mahogany Town, Lance heals you.
>>
>>29614554
That's why I specified Pokemon games.
It's only hard by the standards of pokemon.

>>29614742
Good point.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.