[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New GAME FREAK Interview.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

File: Rotom Wallpaper.png (75KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rotom Wallpaper.png
75KB, 1366x768px
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/pokemon_producer_still_interested_in_producing_remakes

>Pokémon Remakes are still on the cards
>Putting the old games on the E-Store is not likely

Thought? Personally I think it's crappy news. Why the fuck do we need endless remake games? Just put the older games on the E-Store, and focus on making new stuff. At the very least, make sequels.

You just know this means we're going to get Gen 4 (and probably Gen 1) remade very soon.

They'll probably stop after that because Gen 5 is basically impossible to remake, but this is still three remakes too many at this point. Thoughts?
>>
>>29607384
>Why the fuck do we need endless remake games?

Because they print fucking money
>>
I agree. The constant remakes are fucking stupid. Especially if they're just going to be 1 year dev cycle rushjobs like ORAS obviously was. They should have just stopped at HGSS and focused on making new content.
>>
>>29607432
Pretty much. They can at least reuse a fair amount of assets and so long as it has some cat or mouse or whatever that the other current generation of games doesn't offer a good amount of their fanbase will buy it anyway
>>
>>29607384
>They'll probably stop after that because Gen 5 is basically impossible to remake
explain
>>
>>29607499
Bw and Bw2 probably. Everything else before that has a third game that's basically just the first with a couple of add ons.
>>
The more I think about it if remakes are the new alternative to the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum style games I'd consider it an improvement. If I'm going to replay a game it may as well be one I haven't touched in a little while
>>
File: cmptr_furret.png (90KB, 438x303px) Image search: [Google]
cmptr_furret.png
90KB, 438x303px
>>29607530
now this guy's got a fuggin point actually
>>
I think this hugely hints at Kanto remakes... but I really hope not. Please don't remake that ugly hell of a region. Sinnoh needs to shine again!
>>
>>29607384
>Considering that the Gen 4 Pokémon games are still somewhat recent
Who wrote this shit? Gen 4 were almost a decade ago. FR/LG and HG/SS were released around that same amount of time passed, and OR/AS slightly longer at 12 years after R/S.

>I think the remakes, like Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, is still an approach we're interested in. With the Virtual Console releases of the original games, specifically there had never been a way to bring those Pokemon over to the latest generation. It had always been that you couldn't get those Pokemon out.
Now this makes zero sense. He says remakes are on the cards, and that they existed to help make each generation (and it's Pokémon) available to players. He then says the Gen 1 VC release was so that Gen 1 is now included.

But that leaves nothing. Every single Pokémon and each Gen are all now playable on DS systems. If his reasoning for remakes/Gen1VC was to make everything available, well... It's done now.

>>29607499
Unlike traditional "third versions", Gen 5 had sequels, meaning like 50% of Gen 5 is in a game set two years after the first.

If they remade B/W, they would be missing literally 1/3rd of the region, a bunch of characters, content like the White Tree/Black Tower dungeons, the PWT, PokéStar, ect, ect.

B2/W2 were the biggest games in the franchise. You think skimping out of the Frontier was lazy? If they revisited Unova but left out the sequels content, people would go insane.

And of course, they're not going to remake the sequels over the originals. And they sure as shit are too lazy to remake both.

And last but not least, Gen 5 are already compatible to bank. It's about as likely as a Gen 6 remake. It's simply not going to happen.
>>
>>29607530
>thinking Yellow/Crystal/Emerald are ever getting remade?
Are you crazy?

Platinum, now THAT is on the cards. Platinum is actually favorable over D/P, even getting specifically referenced in B/W. So if any "third version" had a chance of a remake, it's that one.
>>
>>29607569
Reading comprehension. He was theorizing that remakes might be instead of third versions going forward. We never got Grey, we never got Z, and we're probably not getting Nebula.
>>
>>29607472

Too bad no one agrees with you since ORAS sold more and better than HGSS
>>
>>29607596
People are going to jump on you for this, so I'm going to go ahead and point out early that, while sales are not necessarily indicative of quality, they ARE the primary metric that a company looks at when evaluating whether or not to invest in a project. So, regardless of perceived quality, the fact that ORAS sold better IS relevant when discussing the future of remakes.
>>
>>29607384
>Needing remakes when DP is still compatible with the current system.
They better wait for the switch to remake DP.
>>
>Finally, Masuda was asked how the Pokémon from the VC games will transfer into Sun and Moon, considering that there have been several changes to training and battle over the generations.
>"I wonder how they're going to change. I hope that's something people will look forward to seeing how it works."

Interesting. I was thinking they would just slap on default ability/nature, and the stats aren't important because Hyper Training, but maybe there is a more specific result incoming.

>>29607591
My bad. In that case, correct. There hasn't been a "third version" in 8 years because they always sell poorly, despite being better games.

>>29607596
Don't be stupid. OR/AS are universally seen as disappointments, whereas HG/SS are fan favorites in the Pokémon community. Why the hell would sales indicate quality/peoples enjoyment?
>>
>>29607569
You're missing the point. What I mean is that the previous pattern (gen 1-5) is there's two pokemon games, then a third one (two in BW's case) that has a few updates and extra pokemon. If instead that changes to something like we saw in gen six with X/Y, no "Z", and instead remakes filling the niche of adding some extra features I think that's a generally better experience

So what I mean is if in order to play a pokemon game with slightly new features you no longer have to play through nearly the exact same game right after the other that might be nice
>>
>>29607625
> OR/AS are universally seen as disappointments
Get off /vp/
>>
>>29607625
>OR/AS are universally seen as disappointments

Except they aren't by the majority of people who actually play them and not bitch endlessly like 4Chan or other vocal minorities online..

There's a reason NSMB infected Nintendo and the gaming industry.
>>
>>29607530
I hope this isn't the case. ORAS were downright terrible compared to both XY and the original RSE. I'd take "third game with a few minor QOL improvements and altered story" over remakes any day
>>
>>29607652
There's endless bitching about NSMB but yeah, they sell like hotcakes.

and honestly, I think they're still fun
>>
>>29607625
Because sales figures give a much less biased look into how a company will react than game reviews. Still it's not like there weren't other factors at play like advertising budget, how related it might be to hype from other games they've released, the system's life cycle, cost they put into the game itself and other shit that might put HGSS in a better or worse light than its sales alone
>>
>>29607632
I know, I know, another anon corrected me.

You are correct. There hasn't been a "third version" in almost a decade, because they never sell as good as brand new games. People like to explore different Regions, and don't want to play the same Region over and over again within the same Gen.

So yes, Remakes are a safer choice. Personally, I wish they would try their hand at sequels again. B2W2 sold poorly because they were so soon after BW, but they were IMO the best games in the franchise, with objectively the most content.

>>29607640
>>29607652
This isn't just 4chan. In fact, I left /vp/ after OR/AS came out, so I barely saw 4chan's response to the games. But across the internet, and in my friend circles, was the overwhelming sentiment that the games missed out on a huge opportunity to make Hoenn great.

Some people were mad about the Frontier, others disappointed at the lackluster visuals (square paths/water being a recurring complaint if that matters)

Another complaint was the lack of variety in the Region.

If you guys like them, that's great. But you must see that quite a large portion of the fanbase has expressed a vocal disappointment, ranging from "not as good as it should have been" to outright "worse than the old games".

Meanwhile HG/SS, whether you liked them or not, are always the go-to examples on "how to make a Pokémon remake", and are constantly praised, even just for the fanservice like following Pokémon.
>>
>>29607674
>and the original RSE.

*compared to emerald

It's okay if you don't like them, and it is a lot worse then it should have been, but it's still an improvement over RS
>>
>>29607569
To be fair, though, HGSS were essentially Crystal remakes with the respective version exclusives of Gold/Silver. It had the extra content/sidequests and all assorted new stuff that was added in Crystal. All they did was change the pokemon available in it. Yellow didn't get remade because it completely changed how the game played and altered the storyline a bit, and also required you to have Pikachu as a starter. FRLG were the way to go there, so you got the *actual* gen 1 experience.

ORAS is where they screwed the pooch by not giving us some form of the Emerald story with both teams getting involved, but even still, if *any* gen deserved to get both original versions and the third remade it was 3. Sinnoh remakes would benefit from the HGSS route of using the Platinum storyline with small modifications and different dexes to flavor each version, but leaving in the distortion world and all that entails.

That said, I'd love to see them crank out some kind of crazy Kanto sequel/remake for gen 7 that gives the region a modern makeover and has a Johto postgame. Update the dex so there are all kinds of modern pokemon available and I think it'd be better than all the "lol genwun" bitches like to think it would be. It'd also be a damn nice compliment to Alola and it's lack of a full leage. Give us the fun, relaxed region to play around in, and then follow up with a 16 gym circuit in Kanto/Johto for fun after.
>>
>>29607674
I completely agree, although >>29607704 is right, Emerald probably can be considered a bit better.
>>
>No gen 2 VC anytime soon
Rip Curse on everything
>>
>>29607596
>le sales means the game is good

nice meme.

>>29607612
>IS relevant when discussing the future of remakes.

And it's NOT relevant to my opinion of remakes.

Acting like remakes are fucking inevitable and shutting down any discussion that implies otherwise is the part of the cancer that makes them get created in the first place.
>>
>>29607708
>HGSS were essentially Crystal remakes
How remakes should be, before Game Freak started getting lazy as shit. Why would they ever leave out the improvements/additions that the previous games had?

>Yellow didn't get remade because it completely changed how the game played and altered the storyline a bit, and also required you to have Pikachu as a starter
Correct, but to add to this, the games were also released as the Jap 10th anniversary, so they obviously wanted it to be traditional.

>ORAS is where they screwed the pooch by not giving us some form of the Emerald story
No kidding, they didn't include any of the Emerald improvements. No fixed teams, no Frontier, nothing. Just the fucking 2-hour-long Delta Shitshow. I didn't want OR/AS in the first place, but it was here I realized that I didn't want any more remake games ever again.

>Sinnoh remakes would benefit from the HGSS route of using the Platinum storyline with small modifications and different dexes to flavor each version
B/W specifically references the events of Platinum, with Cynthia talking about Giratina. It's very likely that D/P remakes would indeed follow Platinum, due to the obvious preference from Game Freak, and especially after the OR/AS backlash.

>I'd love to see them crank out some kind of crazy Kanto sequel
Sequels all the way. Platinum 2, B3/W3, these are what I dream about. But remakes are easier and make just as much money if not more than a sequel would...
>>
>>29607749
Lets be honest, sometimes secuels are bad
>>
>>29607796
Sequels are guaranteed a significant amount of new content.

If a remake is bad you just have a shitty rehashed game you already played.
>>
>>29607796
Sure, but at least we would see actual new stuff, rather than just remakes that somehow manage to remove content.

Look at what B2/W2 did for Unova, compared to OR/AS and the previous Hoenn game, Emerald.

A sequel has just as much risk of being bad as an entirely new game. But a remake is completely limited to the expectations of what game before. But even the "new" content in a remake is bound by the limitations of the game it's based on. Sequels have a lot more freedom. Not quite as much as just making an entirely new game of course, but a lot more opportunity to make a better game than a remake.
>>
ORAS was the first pokemon game I never finished.

Must mean something.
>>
File: pokemon-oras-maxie.png (318KB, 638x484px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-oras-maxie.png
318KB, 638x484px
>>29607704
Are they really though? ORAS nerfed most of the gym leaders and even some route trainers. Levels were lowered and movesets were changed to be easier to deal with. RS were not hard to begin with but for some reason Game Freak decided to make ORAS even easier.

Maxie and Archie look terrible in ORAS but they looked like normal people in RS. Their models are legitimately terrible now and Maxie looks gross.

The added story elements and characterizations feel very forced and unnatural. Wally and Brandon are still bland as ever but now you're forced to interact with them more often. There are more unnecessary cutscenes that last too long along with constant handholding. In RS, getting the TM for Secret Power and building a base took about 30 seconds worth of talking with an NPC. In ORAS you have to sit through several cutscenes and tutorials with Aarune. The same thing happened with Lisia and Contests.

The only thing that ORAS has going for it is the Physical/Special split and better graphics. I legitimately feel like they're not an upgrade from RS.
>>
>>29607748
>le sales meme
You're a fucking idiot.

If you sell a product and make a huge sum of profit and it is a mainstay of the franchise THEN OF COURSE THE SALES MATTER.

YOU GOD DAMNED PIECE OF SHIT. I HATE CUMGARGGLERS LIKE YOURSELF! FUCK YOU AND YOUR ''OTHER'S ARE SHEELPLE'' MINDSET! YOU'RE AN OLD HACK WHO CAN'T FUCKING GET INTO THE NEW AGE, WHERE WE DOMINATE WHAT'S GOOD AND WHAT ISN'T. OUR MONEY DECIDES WHAT THE FUCK THE NEXT CURVE IS.

NOT YOUR SHITTY HEAD CANNON WISHES! OUR FUCKING TIME, OLD ASSFUCK.

WE'RE THE BEST OF THE BEST CATCHING THEM ALL WHILE YOU SIT DOWN AND FIDDLE YOUR DIDDLE IN RAGE.
PERPETUAL UNBRIDLED RAGE.

OH LAWD
>>
File: Luke.webm (334KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Luke.webm
334KB, 1200x500px
>>29607846
Holy fuck
>>
>>29607569
Platinum won't be getting remade for the same reason Emerald wasn't. The differences between it and DP are too large.
>>
>>29607702
>But across the internet
The archive isn't across the Internet
>>
>>29607841
>Wally is as bland as ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpophTmjELM
nope
>Brandon is as bland as ever
you mean brendan. and that's because he's the MC and thus isn't a character in and of himself. may however is cute and not bland. don't blame brenden that you chose the non-canon gender
>with constant handholding.
that's the new pokemon. see: exp share, amie, trials
>In RS, getting the TM for Secret Power and building a base took about 30 seconds worth of talking with an NPC. In ORAS you have to sit through several cutscenes and tutorials with Aarune.
yeah but aarune is cool
>>
>>29607870
In emerald's case for the story I imagine part of it might have been that ruby and sapphire gave different roles to the criminal organizations. Ultimately I think it just comes down to how rushed the DP remakes will be though
>>
>>29607749
>before Game Freak started getting lazy
I wouldn't say HGSS wasn't lazy since they more of less just made a one to one remake and shoveled in a bunch of gimmicks with a copy and pasted frontier.

Not to mention they forced tedium on the player to elongate play time.
>>
>>29607553
>And they sure as shit are too lazy to remake both.
They could do both in one or some weird hybrid of the two. It's still a long time before they would be scheduled anyway
>>
>>29607432
this, too bad ORAS was a fuck up and Gen 4 sucks cocks. At least we have some hopes for a gen 5 remake
>>
>>29607432
Oh and let's not forget the fact i fucking love remakes.
Gen4 is also my favorite region, which makes it even more hype
too bad so many of the sinnoh-mons are shit-tier.
>>
>>29607553
>And of course, they're not going to remake the sequels over the originals. And they sure as shit are too lazy to remake both.
As long as remakes continue to make money, they're gonna keep making them. They obviously don't care if they have to cut features that where in the original
>>
>>29607905
>I wouldn't say HGSS wasn't lazy since they more of less just made a one to one remake and shoveled in a bunch of gimmicks with a copy and pasted frontier.
There was also quite a lot of extra content that wasn't gimmicks at all. On top of actually being a 1:1 remake, including Crystals's additions, and actually having a Frontier. HG/SS were very large and polished games with tons of content for fans to enjoy. They honestly make OR/AS look like a joke by comparison.

>Not to mention they forced tedium on the player to elongate play time.
No they didn't. I know you're referring to the level curve, I'm just shutting this down here. The curve shouldn't cause the game to last any longer than normal, and if for whatever reason you somehow find yourself struggling and needing to grind (in all my Gen 2/HG playthroughs, this hasn't happened to me) then it certainly wasn't some kind of malicious intention from Game Freak.
>>
>>29607841
>ORAS nerfed most of the gym leaders and even some route trainers. Levels were lowered and movesets were changed to be easier to deal with. RS were not hard to begin with but for some reason Game Freak decided to make ORAS even easier.
Uh you might want to do some fact checking there. ORAS raised the levels of most trainers in the game a handful before the half way point and all of them including the remaining leaders after. They also changed the movesets to so!etching that the AI could utilize with the one exception to that being Maxie's Camerupt. Aside from that they technically made the game harder.

The game that did nerf a lot of the trainers however was emerald.
>>
>>29607907
What, and fuck up the story, timeline, and half the content involved? Scrapping two Gym Leaders? How would the extra areas in the Region even work?

No, they couldn't combine the games at all, a lot of B2W2 is based on the changed that happened as time passed in the Region.
>>
>>29607924
They will remake Gen 1 two more times before they even consider remaking Gen 5.

It's seriously never happening.

Gen 5 is too complicated to remake, is already tied to bank (being the launch games for Bank along with X/Y no less), and Gen 5 also sold less than average for Pokémon.

If they ever revisit Unova, it will be B3/W3, that much should be obvious.
>>
File: 1477023629706.jpg (14KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
1477023629706.jpg
14KB, 398x398px
>>29607384
>Why the fuck do we need endless remake games?
It's super cheap to make and it'll sell anyways.
>uses already-made current-gen's engine and sprites/models (HGSS uses Pt's, ORAS uses XY's, etc.)
>no graphical bump except for a few aesthetic things
>Pokémon, character, region and plot design is ultra cheap since most of the work was already made 10 years ago and just have to "modernize" a few things
>>
>>29607951
Dude, it's not about being faithful to the games, it's a bout making money. For that they would make it the shittiest remake as long as it's out
>>
>>29607960
If Gen 4 remakes make an equal or greater amount of revenue as Gen 3 remakes, it's definitely happening
>>
>>29607384
>Putting the old games on the E-Store is not likely
Bullshit. You just know they're going to release VC GSC to tie in with the DP remakes. It just makes sense
>>
File: 1458246951534.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458246951534.png
139KB, 400x400px
>>29607841
Maxie looks fine ingame but his animu refsheet looks like shit because sugi style looks lazy and bad on humans.
>>
>>29607702
Reddit loved ORAS. The whole "7/10 too much water" meme started there after all.
>>
>>29607937
>There was also quite a lot of extra content that wasn't gimmicks at all.
Not really. There was just the pokeathlon and safari zone but the mechanics there could be made within the best part of a day especially since HGSS repurposed the pokemon sprites being made for black and white.
As for being polished, well you should realise from the game itself that GF didn't really rectify the previous issues they had with the original Johto game in terms of progression. In fact it was worse in HGSS because all they did was raise the levels for the leaders and nothing else which just made the make process more tedious.

Looking at it from an impartial standpoint they're pretty terrible remakes.

>I know you're referring to the level curve
Actually, I wasn't I was referring to how you have to deal with the safari zone mechanics and daily events if you want to obtain certain Pokémon to complete your dex. However the scaling does affect the rate at which the player progresses unless they focus on one pokemon in their team.

In any case the Safari Zone is a clear offender of this especially since the mechanics and system give no clear indication of their effects or his long you have to wait in order for them to take effext . remember certain Pokémon can appear a month to a year later. Which severely limits the team building capabilities of the player.

Then there's the fact that in their haste they forgot to add in the methods to evolve Nosepass, Magneton and Eevee into their location based evolutions.

If a game focus on gimmicks and player unfriendly features to the extent that they neglect to add something important that was introduced I'm that same generation I fail to see how it can be considered good.
>>
>>29607384
>not posting the original sauce

>Pokemon series producer Junichi Masuda says the Pokemon Company is interested in more remakes of older Pokemon games.

>“I think the remakes, like Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, is still an approach we’re interested in,” Masuda told IGN. “With the Virtual Console releases of the original games, specifically there had never been a way to bring those Pokemon over to the latest generation. It had always been that you couldn’t get those Pokemon out.”

>Masuda explained that services like Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter finally gave the developers an option to release the original versions on Virtual Console, essentially letting people upload first generation into the new game.

>The Pokemon Company started releasing remakes as part of the third generation of Pokemon, with Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen for the Game Boy Advance released in 2004. Pokemon remakes established how the developers would use Nintendo’s newer handhelds to showcase improved graphics and introduce features not included in the original games.

>Earlier this year, The Pokemon Company released Virtual Console versions of the original Pokemon games with updated battle and trading features on the Nintendo 3DS eShop. It’s important to note that the Virtual Console versions are essentially the original game with a few updated features. The Virtual Console Pokemon games quickly went on to become the best-selling retro games on the Nintendo 3DS digital storefront. We asked Masuda if the success of these digital Pokemon re-releases would entice the developer to release Pokemon Gold and Silver on the eShop.
>>
>>29608031

>Masuda said there were no plans at the moment to re-distribute Pokemon Gold and Silver games on Virtual Console. “With the 20th anniversary, it was the right timing to release the original games,’ Masuda explained. “I think that we really want to give people the experience of bringing these Pokemon from the original Game Boy and seeing what they look like in Pokemon Sun and Moon. That is something that I want people to enjoy.” The company released a full scale remake of Pokemon's second generation, called Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, in 2010.

>We asked Masuda if he could detail how the Pokemon Bank will import the first generation Pokemon into the new games, specifically because some stats in the newer games didn’t exist in the original versions. “I wonder how they’re going to change,” he teased, “I hope that’s something people will look forward to seeing how it works.”
>>
>>29607940

>Roxanne
RS
Geodude - 12
Nosepass - 15
ORAS
Geodude - 12
Nosepass - 14

>Brawly
RS
Machop - 17
Makuhita - 18
ORAS
Machop - 14
Makuhita - 16

>Wattson
RS
Magnemite - 22
Voltorb - 20
Magneton - 23
ORAS
Magnemite - 19
Voltorb - 19
Magneton - 21

>Flannery
RS
Slugma - 26
Slugma - 26
Torkoal - 28
ORAS
Slugma - 26
!!Numel - 26
Torkoal - 28
Interestingly, she switched from Slugma to Numel in ORAS. It's also missing Overheat

>Norman
RS
Slaking - 28
Vigoroth - 30
Slaking - 31
ORAS
Slaking - 28
Vigoroth - 28
Slaking - 30

>Winona
RS
31, 30, 32, 34
ORAS
33, 33, 33, 35

>Psychic twins
RS
42, 42
ORAS
45, 45

>Wallace
40, 42, 40, 42, 43
ORAS
44, 44, 44, 44, 46

So basically half of the gyms were nerfed and the other half were either buffed or stayed the same. The buffs are mostly on the last few gym leaders but that doesn't even matter because of the broken EXP share in ORAS
>>
>>29608020
This, the pokeathlon was poorly thought out as well for the same reason ranger was. It required fast movements across the touchscreen.
Needless to say that's a good way to damage a screen if you're not careful.
And there's the fact that it had the evo items on rotation as a prize so you had to play it.

Oh and removing the ability to buy coins so you had to play voltorb flip if you ever needed more than one of say swords dance.
>>
>>29608107
>The buffs are mostly on the last few gym leaders but that doesn't even matter because of the broken EXP share in ORAS

If you're lame enough to use it
>>
>>29608107
They also buffed individual route trainers. And added more of them in later onvin the game in areas like victory road and the dive spots.
Basically what they did wasn't exactly needing as much as smoothing out the level scaling.
>>
>>29608122
Suppose I'm totally new to Pokemon and playing through ORAS blindly. I don't know the levels of the upcoming gym leaders. I have no idea what they're going to be. I never played RS. I never played XY. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Why would I turn exp share off? Am I supposed to be this overleveled? Is this normal Is there going to be a crazy final boss at the end? I've never played Pokemon before. I don't know what to fucking expect. If I intentionally gimp myself and there's a final boss I'm going to be fucked
>>
>>29608167
>Suppose I'm totally new to Pokemon
Then your first instinct is to check the item, see what it does and determine if you want to use it. Not rush ahead.
>>
>>29608167
>What the fuck am I supposed to do? Why would I turn exp share off?
Because you can see what it does maybe?
The better question is why would you just ignore everything and just continue without looking?
>>
>>29608167
>. If I intentionally gimp myself and there's a final boss I'm going to be fucked
What kind of logic is this?
Not even a complete newbie to pokemon would believe they're gimping themselves
>>
>>29607889
>don't blame brenden that you chose the non-canon gender
HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>29607432
There will ALWAYS be a large portion of players who dropped Pokemon years ago and come back for the remake of their favorite.
>>
>>29608321
There wasn't for FRLG and HGSS.
Hell ORAS only sold that well because it actually offered something new to the players in the additional megas
>>
>>29607384

the best part about this remake nonsense is that FRLG are now more outdated than DP, putting the whole concept in an absurd situation.

Do they continue as casuals who don't think it through would expect them and make haflhearted copypaste DP-remakes with a Pt-episode where you fight Arceus with a gifted Shaymin and Giratina in a 2v1 battle and look at a model of the battle frontier?
Because then FRLG remain the most outdated...

Or do they make yet another Kanto-game instead to pander even harder to the genwun than they already are (abusing gen6 and gen7 to focus on gen1 with megas and alola forms, fanservice and references left and right, overshadowing the new original stuff)... by making a RGBY+GSC combined proper sequel starting in Kanto and ending in Johto, taking place 20 years after gen2?

Who am I kidding, it'd be a fucking re-remake of FRLG, except without the Sevii islands, which are replaced by a sign in Vermillion that hints at their existence.
>>
>>29608180
>>29608196

The game gives me a new item and tells me "it'll help me on my journey." It's switched On by default. It seems like a beneficial item. Being able to level my entire team at the same time seems great. There are no obvious downsides to this. Of course I'm going to leave it on.

I'll leave it on for most of the game and it's going to get my team ridiculously overleveled, but I'm new to Pokemon and I can't actually tell if this is the case or not. If I beat a Pokemon that's half my own Pokemon's level, why am I still getting exp and leveling up? I've played other RPGs and when my character gets overpowered, I just stop getting exp when I defeat weaker monsters. I start getting exp again when I get to the next 'area' or 'boss.' I guess I'm progressing normally through Pokemon since I'm still leveling up. I guess it's supposed to be this easy.

Why can't Pokemon do what other RPGs do? Why can't the game just be balanced around exp share? Why should I be responsible for turning it on/off? I don't know what I'm doing
>>
>>29608402
>FRLG are now more outdated than DP, putting the whole concept in an absurd situation.
Exactly. Because they keep making remakes, and the fans keep demanding them, we're at the point where TWO gens are now "due" a remake.

Then Gen 2 and 5 will be due, and before we know it, Gen 6 and 3.

And THEN, Gen 7, 4, and 1 will all be due remakes!

TL;DR - the cycle of new releases vs remakes is so close that we simply can't continue releasing remakes at this rate. They literally have to stop, because if there is a remake this gen, it would mean the past half-decade of Pokémon would be remakes. Do you guys realize how fucked that is? And if they give every "due" gen a remake, then the remakes will outweigh the actual new games.
>>
>>29607553
There's no guarantee the Bank will stay alive by the time Gen VIII (or even Gen IX if they skip Gen VII remakes) comes, so BW being compatible with the Bank is not a dealbreaker. I agree the whole sequel thing would be a mess though. Shit, I kinda wanna hope for a B3W3 when the time comes but that's giving gamefreak WAY too much credit
>>
>>29607841
all I see are opinions and changes that are more due to how gaming is now compared to 12 years ago rather than GF's choices.
>>
>>29607841
>Maxie and Archie look terrible in ORAS

It's not the game's fault if you have terrible taste
>>
>>29607384
>Why the fuck do we need endless remake games? Just put the older games on the E-Store, and focus on making new stuff. At the very least, make sequels.
Because GF is run by a bunch of jews who're more interested in making money that a good game.
>>
>>29607384
I can already play all the old games on my hacked 3ds.

Remakes sound good.
>>
>>29607841
You're not wrong about OR/AS being worse, but almost all of your post is just opinions.
>>
>>29607910
ORAS is the best selling remake
>>
>>29608583
>it sold well, so it must be good!
>>
>>29608585
that's how companies interested in making a profit work. Nobody cares about your bitching.
>>
>>29607384
>Masuda was asked about the possibility of seeing the Gen 2 games on the eShop at some point.
>He said there are no plans for this
Goddammit. I mean i can emulate these anytime, but i want that ability to transfer them to SM
>>
To be honest, with all the gen one pandering they've done - digital versions of the originals, mega evolutions, alola forma - I don't think they're going to make another remake of gen one any time soon. I feel like the pandering isn't leading up to a remake, but more of filling the need for one.
>>
>>29608517
>how gamefreak thinks gaming is now

Everyone is a drooling smartphone micro-attention game player to them.
>>
>>29608534
Probably not jews but this.
>>
because gamefreak needs more money you filthy goyim
you want them to put more EFFORT into making NEW games?
>>
>>29607835
Same here Anon. I let it collect dust. For a long time and I eventually forced myself to finish it for Delta episode. Not even a Hoeenbabbie, I started with Yellow and replayed RSE at least 4 times after the initial run. DexNav, Soaring, character redesigns with depth and Delta Ep were the only selling points. The color palette avoided pastels with a passion and it felt like some hit the forced HD color button
>>
File: The Pokemon GO franchise.jpg (16KB, 206x184px) Image search: [Google]
The Pokemon GO franchise.jpg
16KB, 206x184px
>>29609129
tfw Pokemon is renamed to Pokemon GO
>>
>>29607910
>>29608585
No, ORAS is good AND it sold well.
You might have shit taste, but millions of other people don't. Keep complaining.
>>
>>29607499
It's a magnum opus
>>
>>29609569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VijY7wemwnM
Pokemon Go Sun and Moon
>>
>>29607384
just get cfw if you want gsc on 3ds

they even patched it to have the same connectivity features as rbgy
>>
>>29609569
One of my absolute biggest pet peeves atm is how normie sites refer to pokemon as 'pokemon go characters'

>fucking shudder
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.