[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: horrible realizations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: images-1.png (11KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.png
11KB, 248x203px
If this thing is successful enough it could user in a second wave of fire fighting types or at the very least board line fighting types
>>
>>29606648
It's Fire/Dark dumbass
>>
>>29606716
it's still a bipedal fire starter who punches its opponent.

It might be dark type but it's a fighting pokemon.
>>
>>29606966

All pokemon fight. All pokemon are fighting pokemon.
>>
>>29606966
Literally every Pokemon is a "fighting Pokemon" by your logic
>>
>>29606976
>>29606984
Get BTFO'd anon.
>>
>>29606976
>>29606984
not all pokemon are associated with a specific kind of fighting
>>
>>29606966
All pokemon fight. So all pokemon are fighting pokemon then.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>29607002
Yes they are. They're called Pokemon Battles.
>>
>>29606976
All pokemon fug . All pokemon are fug pokemon
>>
>>29606976
>>29606984
>>29606995
>>29607006
Pokemon battle, not fight. When you talk about fighting you are talking about a kind of pokemon, not about battles.

>>29607028
'Battle' is not a type. We are talking about types and concepts, not pokemon battles.
>>
>>29607063

>Pokemon battle, not fight.

bat·tle
ˈbadl/
noun
a sustained fight between large, organized armed forces.
fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something.
"he has been battling against the illness"
synonyms: fight
>>
>>29607063
>Caring this much.
Battle and fight are synonymous, dipwad.
>>
>>29607107
>>29607108
Battling and Fighting are completely different things in the pokemon universe. Stop being dense.
>>
>>29607300
But by your logic what makes incineroar fighting makes all Pokemon fighting. There are a lot of Bipedal Pokemon who punch things that aren't fighting type.
>>
>>29607325
But as I had already said, most of those pokemon aren't associated with a specific way of fighting.

Incineroar is associated with wrestling. Even if he's a heel, he's still a wrestler. Other fighting type pokemon are associated with other ways of fighting. Emboar is a wrestler as well.

Incineroar may be Fire/Dark, but it looks and works just as if it was Fire/Fighting. It'll probably get access to fighting moves as well.
>>
>>29606648
More likely, it would usher in a Grass/Dark starter for Gen VIII, following up on Greninja and Incineroar as the "Cool" Dark-type starters. Of course, that would make the Fire-type starter most likely to have Fairy, Flying, or Fighting as its secondary type
>>
>>29607300

Based on what? In the English language, a battle and a fight are the same thing
>>
>>29607414
Go to the pokemon world and tell anyone: "Those two pokemon are fighting."

What they will understand: Those two pokemon are of the fighting type.

Tell someone: "Those two pokemon are battling."

What they'll understand: Those two pokemon are having a battle.

It's just not the same thing.
>>
>>29607465

>Go to the pokemon world and

So you're just imagining what pokepeople would think if you used the word fighting. If you said two pokemon were fighting, in most contexts anyone would assume that meant two people were battling. If you said "those two are fighting pokemon" you would probably take that to mean the pokemon are fighting type.
>>
File: 1465448427710.gif (796KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1465448427710.gif
796KB, 320x286px
>>29606648
So?

What's with all the hate towards fire/fighting types? I don't get it. If we look at all the fire/fighting starters (and I'll include Incineroar just to satiate OP's autism), we have a karate chicken, Sun Wukong, a pig Zhu Bajie, and a heel wrestler.

They're thematically not really anything alike, so what's the issue with them sharing typings? I'd rather have varied designs and ideas than types (although ideally, both).
>>
>>29606966

Are you trying to go down in infamy alongside the "prowd of it's power" autist?
>>
>>29607374
Emboar isn't a wrestler, he's a general.

Your rationalization is also dumb - there are plenty of characters known for punching and kicking at MAHHA speed yet aren't fighting types.
>>
>Implying the Fire/Fighting shtick didn't start with how popular Ash's Charizard was being an emotive brawler with Seismic Toss as its fucking signature move
>>
>>29607492
Tell me, how many NPCs have challenged you to a pokemon fight? It doesn't take much effort to notice that the two words have different meanings in their world.

>>29607507
It's boring. Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar have the same weaknesses, get STAB from the same moves, and their movepools don't differ that much either.

>>29607522
Who's the most autistic one? The one that notices the similarities between Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar and Incineroar, or the ones that cover their ears, close their eyes and scream "It's different! It's different!!!" ?

>>29607555
Even if it's a general, it is literally wearing a wrestling singlet, and it's a fighting type.
>>
>>29607658

>It doesn't take much effort to notice that the two words have different meanings in their world.

You're trying to argue that the words "fight" and "fighting" don't exist in the pokemon world outside of the fighting pokemon type. You need better evidence of that than "I bet if you went into Pokeland and asked around, I'd be right"
>>
File: pokemon-silver-battle[1].png (12KB, 958x865px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-silver-battle[1].png
12KB, 958x865px
>>29607300

>A Pokémon battle (Japanese: ポケモンバトル Pokémon battle), often known as a Pokémon fight (Japanese: ポケモンしょうぶ Pokémon fight) in the Generation I games, is a form of competition between Pokémon.

To choose an attack, you select "Fight"
>>
>>29606648
>board line
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1205x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1205x720px
>>29607658
>>
>>29606966
>>29606716
You do know the reason why Incineroar is a dark/fire type that looks and acts like fire/fighting, right?

Because they were GOING to make a fire/fighting, but realized AFTER they'd already settled on a design that the entire Pokemon fandom was screaming PLEASE NO FIRE/FIGHTING PLEASE NINTENFREAKMONCOMPANY PLEASE PLEASE.

So they made some bullshit reason for it to be Dark-type and ran with it.
>>
>>29607658
>singlet
>exposed chest
>>
>>29607758
>Fandom
>Implying that gamefreak listens to the fans
>FANDOM
>autistically saying m-muh last second change just because you cant deal with the reasoning behind it being a dark type being there from the start, that there WAS no change, but a clever usage of the heel wrestler trope

OH BOY, 3 AM!
>>
>>29607658
The one who notices the similarities. Autistic people are better at spotting details.
>>
>>29607879
autistic people are also the ones who find patterns on something that is merely coincidental and like to force patterns on something that aren't too

see: muh alchemy on starters
>>
>>29607894
...I agree?
>>
>>29607899
oh I was agreeing with you, just expounding your autistic people spotting details, since it sounds like a compliment for them
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.