[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you prefer Misty without Togepi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 19

Did you prefer Misty without Togepi?
>>
>>29599347
Yes, anyone who says otherwise has no taste

Even if you disliked her original personality, it was better than none at all
>>
>>29599347
Considering Misty was at her most entertaining during Kanto, I'd say yes.

Its actually hard to believe the writers had her hold Togepi for like 200+ episodes of her run. Her arms were permanantly crossed like that in every episode when she was walking. It looks so absurd in retrospect.
>>
I prefer Pokemon without Misty.
>>
File: 1461361801515.jpg (86KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461361801515.jpg
86KB, 400x500px
>>29599347
You know I just realized this fanart is making fun of Misty holding Togepi.

This is how Pokesho thinks May should have held Torchic in every episode if she was treated like Misty was.
>>
File: Marill_Azurill.png (469KB, 822x622px) Image search: [Google]
Marill_Azurill.png
469KB, 822x622px
>>29599347

Azurill is a little cuter, I really wish she didn't have anything in her arms. At least Azurill will become a Marill and then Azumarill eventually
>>
>>29599490
Misty and Tracey make such a cute couple I'm glad Pokeshipping is over and Misty found a true man.
>>
>>29599368
>>29599490
Maybe they used this as an excuse to cut dow on animation costs
>>
>>29599347
Honestly, I don't really see the problem, the idea that her personality changed the instant she got Togepi is ludicrous. But then I only ever watched Indigo League, I have no idea how she was written during Johto. Maybe if I suffered through 200 more episodes I'd agree.
>>
>>29600051
Misty's personality was still OK up to about the end of Orange Islands even though she had Togepi.

Once you get into Johto her personality and role diminishes entirely. The only time she did anything in Johto is when they made a filler about water pokemon.
>>
>>29600051
She basically had her personality removed and only got a filtered version of it during her rare focus episodes and the whirl cup.
>>
>>29599347
No. I like her with togepi cus it could've given her a pretty good form of development. One thing I think Mistys arc should have been is her growing more responsible through her care of Togepi and ultimately take the adult road of looking after the gym for her family and Togepis sake. Most of this ended up happening, but it was so clumsily done that I just can't address it .
>>
>>29599347

I want her with togepi, it's actually fun to watch this little thing, it's less annoying than pikachu or piplup, sadly it never grew up in J

and without togepi there would never be houndoom episode, it was amazing
>>
File: 1476359752173.jpg (38KB, 388x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476359752173.jpg
38KB, 388x480px
>>29599347
I prefer Misty's replacement
>>
>>29600730

but may was shit... :< dawn too, iris too, actually only serena was tolerable after all those years...
>>
>>29600613
>pikachu
>annoying

stop

not liking something that's objectively adorable doesn't make you cool
>>
>>29600765
>:<
this is bait
>>
>>29600815

and you fell for it [>:<] emoticon xDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>29599391
>>29600730
Ironic that May's own "Togepi" in that one movie was a water legendary...
>>
>>29600765
>hating dawn and may
>liking serena

serena is literally a worse dawn and may. The only reason you would like her over them is the stupid amour shit and her being a total whore for ash.
>>
>>29600730
May has that 'innocent girl next door with massive tits' thing going on, but there's not really a whole lot to her besides being fuckable. I'd love to spend a (lot of) night(s) with her, but I'd rather wife pre-crisis Misty
>>
Misty was way better without the egg
>>
>>29600995
May also had a temper and could get really angry which made her well rounded. I don't get why people see May as sweet and girly all the time.

She had a wide range of emotions and could get very arrogant, angry and bitchy at times too. Sometimes May felt like Misty-lite.
>>
>>29599347
No! (-_-) Le Togepi is too kawaii! XD :3 (^_^) (e_e)
>>
>>
>>29600981

no, I like serena because I found her less annoying and just girly, I hated her annoying crush to satoshi until that kiss
>>
File: goldeen misty.jpg (110KB, 434x921px) Image search: [Google]
goldeen misty.jpg
110KB, 434x921px
>>29601273
cute, but this ep is total bullshit even for pokemon. they spend the whole thing fixing injured pokemon with superglue

goldeen misty is best misty
>>
>>
Togepi should have been his own pokemon instead of glued to Misty
>>
>>29600121
The only time I can recall her being competitive towards Ash in Johto was the episode where Ash caught Totodile.
>>
File: snapshot20080724161207.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080724161207.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>29601977

They had done it several times. The first time was in Kanto with the gym match, then there was the battle for Togepi, I think there might have been something in the Orange Island arc. The biggest one was the Master Quest portion where they battled in that water pokemon tournament
>>
>>29600730
I want May on my face
>>
>>29602402

But May is for motorboating
>>
Should Ash or Brock have gotten the egg instead?
As a kid it annoyed me that Ash didn't get it, but looking back Brock deserved it the most, especially after not getting Charmander.
>>
>>29599347
Yes
>>
File: snapshot20080419161502.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080419161502.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>29603958

Ash would have battled with Togepi a few times then boxed it when he went to Hoenn. Brock a;ready did the baby thing back in DP and it was irritating too. James also had the baby pokemon as well
>>
>>29603958
Brock got bonsly AND Happiny to make up for it. I like Happiny the best out of the baby pokemon that the Mcs had, even including Munchlax.
>>
Were you sad to see him go?
>>
>>29604186

>Ash would have battled with Togepi a few times then boxed it when he went to Hoenn

Not necessarily. In fact they could have made it a point of character development where Ash learns how to take care of a pokemon for reasons other than battling.

They could have at least made Ash and Brock more involved in caring for Togepi rather than just relegating it to the one person in the group with tits. You know, Ash as the dad, Misty as the mom, and Brock as the weird uncle.
>>
>>29604321

Didn't Ash have a baby thing with Larvatar?
>>
>>29604365
I remember being worried sick as a kid that they were going to pull another Togepi and have the baby stick with someone else, especially after Ash actually cared for the egg.
Then I was exited because I thought Ash was going to have a motherfucking Tyranitar...
>>
>>29604749

I thought that too, Larvatar was cute once in a while but annoying when it started crying. Thank god it stayed in the backpack
>>
>>29604321
>>29604365
Ash's first baby Pokemon was Phanpy. Phanpy hatched from an egg.
>>
>>29604282
A little.
>>
>>29599347
I prefer her dead hanging from a tree along with Ash, Jolt Rat and dumb babby egg.
>>
>>29600730
I love May. fuck Dawn and fuck Misty.
>>
>>29601073
>Misty-lite

oh god, what a horrible fate.
no character but even less than the trash it always was.
>>
>>29601827
>that outfit redesign

I wanna lynch whoever greenlit that dogshit outfit.

it doesn't even look natural. makes her look too eccentric.
>>
The egg itself really wasn't the problem.
It's just that by the time people noticed the characters becoming considerable flatter and less confrontational with one another, she had Togepi.
>>
>>29604282
no, I hope it died soon after.
>>
>>29604282
Needs to come back and evolve into Togekiss.
>>
>>29602677
B-but shorts
>>
>>29599347
Once she got Togepi, she was no longer an active member of the group. She couldn't do anything beyond holding and Togepi for the rest of the time she was in the series. She was reduced to that of a cheerleader and babysitter

I'm OK with the concept of Shouldermon, but Togepi couldn't do anything because it was a 'baby'. All other 'baby' pokemon (eg. Pichu, Magbaby, etc.) were still capable pokemon, but Misty's Togepi was nothing more than a boat anchor and rendered Misty unable to really do anything active with the group.

Each of the other girls in the series never had as helpless a pokemon as Togepi. Even when they did, it was typically for the 'pokemon of the week'. Closest example was Manaphy for May. Thankfully, that was only for the length of the movie, and even the Manaphy 'grew up' by the end of the movie.

Togepi
>>
>>29609237
>Magbaby

Underage detected
>>
>>29604282
I wish this resolution would have happened while she was a main character. I almost didn't catch that episode.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.