[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions about stall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: f02245566c57245d676d788e4e1f62d9.jpg (262KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
f02245566c57245d676d788e4e1f62d9.jpg
262KB, 1200x1500px
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-410703739

Personality I don't have problems with the stall and understand why the people likes to play in this way and a lot of pokes will become shitmons if the stall wasn't viable. Even sometimes found funnier fight against stall teams than spam a single attack 6 times and win because have to predict and those shits.

But I don't like things like that replay, where litarally you are in an endless battle until the recover or your offensive move ran out of PP, that is cancer and theres no way to defend the PP stall.

What do you think /vp/?

Pic unrelated
>>
Necessary evil.
This is the first time since 2nd gen that Stall has been viable. Everyone was talking about how Stall was dead in 5th gen.

/vp/ shittalks Smogon for banning stall breakers without realizing that there exist stallbreakers that don't automatically shit on every other team archetype. You don't deserve to automatically win because you're running a broken Pokémon that fares well versus Stall. You need to work for your victory.
>>
Ban stall players. Games are supposed to be fun. Sitting there not doing anything for 176 turns isn't fun.
>>
>>29598557
This.

I don't have problems with stall either since I know how to allocate my team toward working at the win, but it is still annoying to face. Terrific stress reliever to pummel them though.

People should be allowed to run stall since defensive playstyles are just as valid as any other, but you're still cancerous if you use it.
>>
>>29598257
Hi, I'm from /tg/.

There's a similar problem in most card games; there's a broad archetype called 'control' and it's based around preventing your opponent from doing anything.
This can be hard for newer players especially and feels very un-fun, even though there's still a lot of interactivity and thought at higher level play.

MTG -at least, I can't speak for YGO- is moving away from this *slightly*
In more competitive formats control is still in full swing, but in the environment that newer players find themselves it's a lot easier to play through.

As a designer myself, I am loath to condemn an entire strategy, especially on such a subjective basis as someone 'not having fun.'
It would then be a better idea to make it harder or more complicated to pull off, or to place the best tools for it behind some sort of difficulty/experience wall.
A supplementary option would be to expose people to it more; include more fights in the game with stall 'mons so players can see that it's an option and also figure out how to beat it on their own.

While it deserves to live, preventing OP's second situation would take more time and oversight than really possible from a game company.
>>
>>29599264
Control isn't THAT bad anymore, Miracles is the only good control deck in legacy and stax, the worst offender out of all control decks ever concieved doesn't show up often.

even then in legacy you've got plenty of aggro variants that keep control on its toes.

let's not forget the constant complaints of magic becoming "Creatures, the tappening." in recent years. Though i think that's less of a complaint against control's decline and more of a cry from stormfags.
>>
>>29598257
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-410703739
I play stall all the time. Mega Venusaur is my go to nigga for these battles
>>
Stall strategies are always annoying, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. I think they really only cross a line when you get into shadow tag or pp stall territory
>>
>>29598257
I think it's okay, I hate playing it/playing against it personally but every strategy is a legitimate way of playing.
>>
Holy shit. Is this what """competitive""" Pokemon is like? How boring.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.