[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1473028897677.png (374KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1473028897677.png
374KB, 500x363px
Alright, my 1st playthrough of Omega Ruby was a little bit fast, so i replayed the game all over again(also for trying to get Shiny legendaries from Hoopa's rings) and it was really easy, but not easy easy, like, story progressing easy, it was easy, but not boring, it was more story focused than any other, it took RSE's main plot and remade it to have focus on things that didnt matter before, for example:
>the meteor
>Groudon/Kyogre's power to destroy the world
but the top thing they did was probably Delta episode, it felt really good, tho, there was something missing, while in the main plot there was the feeling of dread and being useless due to the world being at risk of ending, Delta episode didnt felt really... dangerous at all, it was dramatic as fuck but it didnt felt as important as the main plotline

also, when you get groudon, things get way too easy, i honestly got it and beat the league with groudon only
aint even talking about Rayquaza or Deoxys at this point
regardless, it was a fun game, postgame still holds a bigger challenge

so /vp/, whats your opinion on this game? and compared to the original how good is it? tecnology failures(such as 3d framedrop) dont count
>>
If it had Battle Frontier it would have been my favorite Pokemon game easily.
>>
>>29597873

It's shit.

But in all seriouslness, I was disappointed in it overall. It did a lot of nice things such as the dexnav, the auto Triathlon Simulator path for egg hatching, and stuff, but it also had other things that rubbed me the wrong way

>ur just a mad Nostalgiafag/Unovabortion because no Battle Frontier

Well yeah, a beloved feature not added to the game, and the only thing it did with it was a one note reference about it which felt more like a slap in the face than something to get hyped for, especially when its already confirmed in SM that there is no extensive battle facility of some kind. But I can name many problems with ORAS that I had without mentioning the Battle Frontier once, so let me start.

>The difficulty of the game

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Pokemon hasn't even been "hard" outside of spinoffs, but even there were a few parts in every game after Gen 1 that I had to at least think a little. Even in XY Reflection Cave threw me off my path a little bit. With ORAS I never felt it once. They introduce all these ways to enhance your Pokemon such as dexnav giving your Pokemon egg moves and hidden abilities, Super Training existing, and other things, but it's obvious the game is clearly doesn't even try to balance itself with it, especially with move distribution for enemy Pokemon. The only one they actively tried for was Norman's Slaking having Retaliate, and I'm sure they only did that because Facade isn't a TM anymore. FRLG and HGSS had a bit of moments being a little tougher than usual due to the new things it had in their remakes, such as abilities for FRLG and the physical/special split making Morty not a complete joke this time around.
>>
>>29598127
>>29598190
>battle frontier
actually i got really offended with that shit they did, putting battle maison there, i was really freaking excited to try it out after completing the game for the 1st time, then i get this dissapointment thrown at me, i mean cmon... seriously? at least we get it back now
one of my favorite features was probably the flute, flying on top of Latios and Latias at night is freaking relaxing and fun, i dont even use fly anymore, which is good

i already pretty much said about the dificulty, tho i feel betrayed that the battles post game arent that brilliant, even for the 2nd time you do the league
>>
>>29598190

>what they did for Contests

Contests were a nice time waster in Gen 3 and 4 and had a bit of strategy with them due to moves you'd never use in battle actually being really viable in contests. But the way they added contests in ORAS just felt like they didn't want to and only added them out of obligation. As opposed to three judges, everyone shares the same judge which simplifies things They also took away some moves abilities due to the fact there was only one judge. And not even adding online contests to the game felt wasted as well as it'd add another alternative for online content. Then for conests, they immediatly give you a cosplay pikachu who can singlehandedly carry you throughout all of the contests at all levels due to the fact it comes with near max contest stats as well as at leas one move of every category. When they add this, it makes you think, "what the hell is the point of Pokeblocks anyway, when I'm just giving a Godchu?" It'd be like being handed a Legendary with its own Mega Stone just slightly after you beat Norman.

>No replacement for the Game Corner.

It's tragic what happened to the game corner because of european laws and all that jazz, but it happens and I understand. What I don't understand is that Gamefreak added no alternative option, effectively taking away from the originals to the remake. HGSS at the very least added something, as an apology of some sorts. Whether you like Voltorb Flip or not, it was still an option. ORAS just goes "lol whoops sorry!" and leaves it at that. Why didn't gamefreak add any sort of minigame, like a Pokemon version of Snake, or a Voltorb Pinball game or something? They just up and removed all but a one note reference to it, not even caring about the people who liked a form of distraction away form the main game.
>>
>>29598190
I don't think I've ever thought in pokemon main game beyond "what pokemon do I want to use this time around" and "pick super effective move and/or stat booster"
>>
>>29597873
>also, when you get groudon, things get way too easy, i honestly got it and beat the league with groudon only
I don't even want to respond to such bait, but i did.
>>
>>29598483

>turning the Safari Zone into a standard route.

Now you may ask, "but the Safari Zone is a bunch of RNG bullshit." Yes, yes it is, and I will not deny that. Yes, people have seen shines that wouldn't stay in the damn ball and run away, yea you may spend 500 pokedollars and not catch a damn thing, but makign it a standard route removed something from the Safari Zone, the sense of fufillment, progression, and satisfaction from finally catching that fucking Pink Cuntbag.

You see, the Safari Zone, rewarded you for dealing with it's bullshit, by letting you capture very strong pokemon that you otherwise couldn't. In a similar fasion, it's like receiving the Unlaborded Flawssness for those who played Ninja Gaiden Xbox/Sigma. You go through all that obnoxiousness to get a powerful weapon. Chansey is the best special wall in the entire game, and continues to be so. Tauros in Gen 1 was easily the best non legendary offensive Pokemon in the game, Exeggutor in Gen 1 was an absolute beast of a Pokemon, back in RBY, Dodrio, who was the best plain bird back in the day. The same goes for Heracross back in RSE. Even though for Gen 4, the equivalent of the safari zone was filled with shitmons, it still had that rare one or two pokemon that could easily carry you through the rest of the game. Making the safari zone a standard route got rid of that sense of fufillment, at least for MY OPINION.

>exposition, can't spell it without POS

Yeah, gen 5 really started the whole exposition trend, the whole "cinematic experience" that gamefreak is trying (and mostly failing) to capture, but Gen 6 goes into fucking overdrive with it. People stopping you at every turn, People offering you things, people explaining a bunch of bullshit that doesnt need to be explained, the point that every character is now important, it's just too damn much. What sent me over the edge was the goddamn Sky Pillar climb...
>>
>>29598752
which removed the Sky Pillar puzzle (whether it was a shitty puzzle or not is not the point, they chould have just made a better one if it really was and most people agreed on it) for a climb of EXPOSITION. It goes on for nearly five whole minutes, and it doesn't even stop at the peak, it still keeps on going. Theres a way to explain a story without having to force words down someones throat. Dark Souls for example has a rich (video game wise) story where most of it is explained through the lore of the weapons/items you find throughout the game. Why couldn't they do the same for Pokemon? It's not like the Pokedex records data or anythign that you could read at a moments glance.

>Huge lack of Emerald features

>BUT ANON YOU SAID NO BATTLE FRON-

No, that is not what I am getting at. One of my biggest complains is that ORAS seemed to go out of its way to avoid anything from emerald version. Isn't the point of a remake to enhance it and (try) to make it completely superior to the originals? So how come the only thing from Emerald version taken from it is Wallace's team, in which you can only battle one time. It's pretty much a carbon copy of his Emerald Champion team, with a few changes to moveset. They're even around the same level, so why no Gym Leader rematches? Why no Gym Emerald teams? Why no increased frequency of optional double battles in the maingame? Why NOT add those things, it just doesn't make any sense!

I'm sure I can type up an essay on how I feel about ORAS cause I got much more to critizie (complain) about, but I wont, cause that's just silly, I'm sure I bored all of you enough with my rambling anyway, but overall these odd choices that gamefreak made, made me disappointed with the games. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the games, and I'm actually playing through them now (mostly to prepare for SM cause I want a living dex) but I just don't like seeing potential wasted/unused and ORAS had potential to be the best in the series, by far.
>>
>>29598581
oh im not even joking anon, all i needed was to put bulk up for him and thats it, its done
>>
>>29599083
Of course you are fucking joking. Nobody with a sane mind would seriously think that using the box legendary in any fucking game wouldn't make the game easy as fuck.
>>
>>29599000
i still think ORAS is able to stand on its feet, regardless of how many features were removed
i really liked the contests, tho the only moments where i ever felt challenged was either when fighting off Liza or Wallace

meh, i didnt like safari zone anyways, tho i was expecting friend safari to come back
friend safari overall ruined the concept of having pokemon to battle at your side with, since its too dangerous to go alone

you tell me about sky pillar, i read that once no way was i going to go through all that again, i skipped the text as fast as i could, didnt even bothered this time

one thing ill say, exploring was much more rewarding and sidetracking a little bit was more fun, tho its still a pain to get a garchompite from the flag capture
>>
>>29599160
i just wanted to rush it, since i restarted OR for the sole purpose of going shiny hunt for legends, so, i did what i didnt on my 1st playthrough or in any other game of the series:
use a legendary on pokemon league
>>
Bumb
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.