[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 26

File: CvxugGLWcAAcaT3.jpg (130KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CvxugGLWcAAcaT3.jpg
130KB, 1200x675px
Whats this I keep hearing about the Dark typing being a last minute change for him?
>>
>>29597581
It's what everyone is speculating because they're butthurt he's not on all fours.

Fighting type would have given them a legitimate reason to hate it, so they're saying it was SUPPOSED to be one t feel justified.
>>
File: Dark-type moves.png (126KB, 1416x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-type moves.png
126KB, 1416x1275px
>>29597581

Idiots who don't get that it's a dirty fighter, which is the entire point of the Dark type, making it the complete opposite of the Fighting type
>>
>>29597581
>Throat Chop
It's a dirty wrestler.
>>
Retards who don't understand the concept. It was always meant to be dark.
>>
What you heard is called denialfag damage control logic.
>>
Idiots just dwell on the surface when it's something they don't like. They just saw the wrester design, disliked it and assumed it was going to be Fighting. Even the concept art leaked months ago showed that Incineroar was based on a Heel fighter, who fights dirty using underhanded tactics. In a way, people don't want to admit they were stupid and wrong.
>>
>>29597581
Retards that don't realize heels are bad guys and this dark type.
>>
>>29597581
>looks like a fighting type (inb4 it's black so it looks like a dark type)
>is a fire starter
>GameFreak wouldn't want to set the world on fire by releasing yet another firefighting starter
It all clicks in perfectly.
>>
File: OSW4O1q[1].jpg (92KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
OSW4O1q[1].jpg
92KB, 540x395px
>>29597824

>Design screams "heel"
>Concept art that leaked all the way back in June said its a dirty fighter

It was always planned to be a Dark type. Game Freak doesn't give a fuck about some vocal minority on the internet complaining about Fire/Fighting. It's Dark because Fighting doesn't work with its concept.
>>
>>29597881
As >>29597768 said: would someone unfamiliar with the concept of heels think it's an evil actor tiger or a fighting tiger? In the end it's just a burly guy in a black fursuit, the only thing that gives it a dark type is its personality.
>>
File: just stop.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>29597824
Jesus Christ, you guys are far too eager to blame Game Freak for every single fucking thing you don't like about Pokemon.
>>
>>29597881
A fake fighter is still a fighter.
The heel argument is irrelevant.
There are enough non dark types that cheat in some way. It's a last minute change, accept it Denialfag.
>>
>>29597955
>The heel argument is irrelevant.
>the precise reason for why a Pokémon has the typing it does is irrelevant
wew lad
>>
>>29597933
>the only thing that gives it a dark type is its personality.

No shit, that's what defines a Dark (called Evil in Japanese) type.

They're not tied together by an element like Fire or Water, they're tied together by the fact that they're cheating scumbags. The complete opposite of the Fighting type, who are fair, "honest" fighters.
>>
>>29597993
ironic because nobody who uses fighting types is an honest player
>>
>>29597581
Retards being retarded.

If anything, the first thing that gets done in a pokèmon design is its typing because they follow a list of what they want for the gen.
Source: that one interview with the artist that drew Jellicent explaining why the thing is ghost type.
>>
File: 1471991376325.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1471991376325.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
>>29597636
>Beat Up was a gen 2 move

huh
>>
>>29597881
>posting fanart to prove your autism
anon
>>
>>29597993
Exactly, the only thing that gives it a dark type is its evil, heel personality. Don't even fucking begin with the "fighting it hero type in japanese" bullshit either.
>>
>>29598022
>fanart
Incineroar is shit but this stuff is official anime art. End yourself, based HazelDex.
>>
>>29597955
>The heel argument is irrelevant.
its literally fucking called the "heel" pokemon in its fucking pokedex entry. that's what it is and that's what it always was going to be since the beginning
>>
>>29597581
Some people are idiots, that's all. Things are decided very early on nowadays, just like how S/M was planned in the X/Y planning era.
>>
>>29598022
Hazel, haven't you already comited suicide ?
>>
>>29598008
>using Jellicent as an example
>the one Pokémon where the devs admitted to slapping on a ghost-type and trying to use lore to justify it
>>
>>29597581
They just want a legitimate reason to be butthurt because they have shit tastes.
>>
>>29598086
>one
What about Decidueye?
>>
>>29598105
I don't recall hearing about an interview with a designer where they admitted that Decidueye wasn't originally designed as a Ghost-type, do you?
>>
File: 701Hawlucha[1].png (118KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
701Hawlucha[1].png
118KB, 429x429px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_(professional_wrestling)

>In professional wrestling, a face (babyface) is a heroic or a "good guy" wrestler, booked (scripted) by the promotion with the aim of being cheered by fans. Faces, traditionally, wrestle within the rules and avoid cheating (in contrast to the heels who use illegal moves and call in additional wrestlers to do their work for them) while behaving positively towards the referee and the audience.

>In the world of lucha libre wrestling, they're generally known for using moves requiring technical skill, particularly aerial maneuvers, and wearing outfits using bright colors with positive associations (such as solid white). This is contrasted with the villainous rudos that are generally known for being brawlers, using physical moves that emphasize brute strength and/or size while often having outfits akin to demons or other nasty characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_(professional_wrestling)

>In professional wrestling, a heel (also known as a rudo in lucha libre) is a wrestler who is villainous or a "bad guy", who is booked (scripted) by the promotion to be in the position of being an antagonist.[1][2][3] They are typically opposed by their polar opposites, faces, who are the heroic protagonist or "good guy" characters. In American wrestling, it was common for the faces to be American and the heels to be portrayed as foreign (e.g. Bret Hart, The Iron Sheik, Eddie Guerrero, Rusev).

>In the world of lucha libre wrestling, heels are generally known for being brawlers and for using physical moves that emphasize brute strength or size, often having outfits akin to demons, devils, or other tricksters. This is contrasted with the heroic técnicos that are generally known for using moves requiring technical skill, particularly aerial maneuvers.

Playing by the rules = Fighting type
Cheating = Dark type

Hawlucha and Incineroar both match up perfectly with their respective archetypes.
>>
>>29597581
It's a desperate, lame justification made by people who want to be right even after they've been decisively proven wrong.
>>
>>29597581
Because if it wasn't a starter ad thus locked to the Fire type, it would have been Dark/Fighting.
>>
File: 006Charizard[1].png (879KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard[1].png
879KB, 1280x1280px
>>29598230

>If it wasn't a starter ad thus locked to the Fire type, it would have been Dragon/Flying
>>
>>29597581
People who still think Dark type refers to literal darkness and not fighting dirty.

Everyone with a brain knew Incineroar would be Fire/Dark ever since the leaks were translated. The notes on the concept art even said it fights dirty.
>>
>Concept art says "Fights dirty- spits ember in its opponents face, isn't above using unconventional items or means"
>Shows it hitting Pikachu with a fucking table

No way in hell was this thing ever going to be a Fighting type.
>>
>>29598336
>no way a wrestler would be a fighting type
>but it's a heel and wrestling is fake so it's not real fighting
It's pretty amusing how much everyone denies the fact that the tiger does have some connections to the fighting type. I'm glad we didn't get the fourth fucking firefighter in 7 generations but they could have just as easily made it that type if they so wished. And, on top of that, it still has a fighter-inspired design.
>>
File: 1476240647828.webm (694KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476240647828.webm
694KB, 656x480px
>>29598166
Also he's based on Tiger Mask.
>>
>>29598422
All it means is you get a Dark-type with Fighting coverage, which is actually kind of worse than a Fighting-type with Dark coverage.
>>
>>29597881
>>29598166
It's also fucking known as the "Heel Pokémon" on the website.
>>
>>29598570
Hazel-san, haven't you fucked off already ?
>>
File: Tiger.the.Dark.full.2021324.jpg (206KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger.the.Dark.full.2021324.jpg
206KB, 640x601px
>>29598506
They obviously coordinated with Toei to launch the game while Tiger Mask W is airing, because he is obviously Tiger the Dark.
>>
>>29598336
>Shows it hitting Pikachu with a fucking table
I still have my fingers crossed that this is a real move
>>
There are favorite uncle Wrestling in development. Honest, professional wrestling pushing is I want him to stop.

Can not forgive was pushed up to the big three.
>>
Denialfags are still this ass blasted by it not being Fighting huh?

If anything, if it was a standalone design, Dark/Fighting would've made perfect sense. Since it was a starters evo, it had to retain its original typing. Since it's inspired by a heel, they took the Dark typing to better describe the way they fight as wrestlers.

People wanting another Fire/Fighting just needed another reason to bash on the way it became bipedal. Even with a typing that makes sense, they still bitch about it not having the typing they never wanted to see return again.

>tl;dr
people are stupid contrarians I guess
>>
>Gen 8 has a snake Fire starter
>suddenly grows arms in the second stage
>final evolution is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIYVw3ZPJk
>>
Dark is as far away from Fighting as you can possibly get
>>
>>29598835
>muh contrarians
>>
>>29597581
It's dark TYPE is just as important as it's fire type. It's a double pun typing, in a gen full of pun typings.

It's based on a Heel wrestler, who fight dirty, hence the dark type. Heel fighters don't just fight to win though, that's not what wrestling is about. It's about putting on a show. So to do this, they try to get the crowd to boo them and hope for their defeat, making the Faces win that much sweeter to the crowd. That's called building up Heat.

Hence the fire typing.

The concepts are so closely linked to its character, that there is no way it could have ever been anything OTHER than Fire/Dark.
>>
>>29597933
>would someone unfamiliar with the reference get the reference?
Gamefreak already has shown they don't give a fuck how well known a reference is when they reference it. Hell, people still think Exeggutor and Ampharos are dragon types just for the lulz.
>>
>>29598959
nigga this is a textbook example of contrarianism.

I can't think of better example of it than complaining something ISN'T the think you absolutely did not want happening.
>>
>>29599009
>It's dark type is just as important
>It's
>>
>>29597955
Dark type is all about dirty fighting, see moves like Sucker Punch and Knock Off

Fighting types are supposed to be more honorable
>>
>>29597955
You're the denialfag
>>
>>29599071
Dragonite too
>>
>>29599111
You're stupid.
>>
>>29599126
>Low Kick
>Revenge
>Low Sweep
>>
>>29597636
for like 1 sec I thought this was its datamined movepool. now am disapoint
>>
>>29598166
Why is wrestling so autistic?
>>
>>29599239
It's basically live acted cartoons.
>>
>>29598016
Yes, but only Sneasel learned it by levelling up and at level 57.
>>
>>29599180
>a normal attack taught in any martial art and a counterattack are the same thing as a sucker punch or knocking off your opponent's item
>>
>>29599180
Yes kicking legs and sweeping legs is a technique in martial arts

And they are a lot more honourable than pretending to cry so you can getyou opponent to lower their guard, sucker punching them, getting your friends to help beat them up, and then kicking the shit out of them when they try to run away.
>>
>>29599180

>Low Kick

A leg sweep.

>Revenge

A counterattack.

>Low Sweep

Kicking your opponent's legs.

There's nothing underhanded about any of those moves.
>>
Uh so Decidueye being a ghost type is ok but a heel being a dark type is wrong??
>>
>>29597940
I mean they're kind of the ones who make them and are responsible for what goes into the games. Who are going to blame at that point?
>>
>>29598016
Waterfall was gen 1
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
Okay, all shitflinging aside, it's something like this

Heel or not, it acts like....well, a fighter. The design says "this pokemon in particularly fond of beating things like a wrestler". It doesn't matter if it's a heel wrestler or a face, etc. It beats things up with lariats and punches and chops. And we've had three generations in a row with fire starters that followed that same theme. People that complain about it are sick and are hoping for some new big theme.

It's not about the typing itself, it's the theme inherent to the starter.

Look at Sneasel. It's a dark type, but it's theme isn't "dirty fighter", it's somewhere like "sneaky bastard", with claws and stealing and fast strikes.

Houndoom. It's a fire breathing dog. it bites and fires off energy, the theme is more animalistic and plays off the features.

Honchkrow. It's a bird, and as such it plays off that theme. It doesn't beat things, it slashes and pecks and snipes at them from the air.

Incineroar's theme is exactly the same as a muscly dude. It is bipedal, strong, and beats other things. They don't even focus on the fire aspect or play off the feline aspect with its claws and whatnot. Despite the typing, Incineroar's theme is "fighter". It doesn't matter if it's "dirty fighter" or not, at the end of the day it's still close enough.

See, the thing is, dark type in general focuses on "fighting dirty", but what people don't get is that there is a difference in fighting in general like animals, criminals or untrained people will do, and fighting like pros. Other dark types "fight" dirty, but they are not Fighters with a major F. Incineroar is a Fighter who happens to fight dirty.
>>
>>29600963
>Incineroar is a Fighter who happens to fight dirty.
Wrong
>Incineroar is a dirty fighter who happens to look like a Fighter..
>>
>>29600963
Houndoom is a hellhound and Honchkrow is a mob boss styled crow who can summon a gang of Murkrow, hence it's name being a mix between Crow and Honcho
>>
>>29600963
>Simpsonsposter
no, it's a dirty fighter, which is literally what Dark type is. Fighting types are martial artists, and Dark types use underhanded tactics. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>29600963
Incineroar's theme is show boating, it being a heel is all about showboating, it fights dirty, boasts about fighting dirty, beats the shit out of a pokemon, pelvic thrusts at them, and then beats the shit out of their trainer.

I think you are all missing that important last bit. Incineroar is such a wild bastard it's actually a danger to the opposing trainer.

A popular tactic for heels in a tag team match is to surprise attack the opposing partner who is not tagged in. Incineroar might throw a wild attack at a trainer just because it can. That's dark type all over.
>>
It really is amazing that there are people unironically complaining that Incineroar isn't fire/fighting.
>>
>>29597581
Because I'm the only person here who watched Ghost Stories
>>
>>29601188

I mean, sure, you wanna call it that go on, but note that "fighter" is still part of the main description. It's not an afterthought, it's essential part of the design. That's what upsets people, it's been done before. Maybe in different ways, but it's been there a lot in the past generations.

>>29601257

Yes, I know that. But the way they fight is mostly based on their physical appearance. Doesn't really invalidate the point.

>>29601291

Dark type moves are underhanded tactics, but being a dark type doesn't necessarily have to make a pokemon's main theme "dirty fighter". Look at Absol, Tyranitar, Murkrow, etc. They use underhanded fighting methods but they, themselves, are not "dirty fighters" the same way incineroar is.

Come on, can you at least see what I'm trying to say?

>>29601324

Yes, but see, there are other ways you could make show boating a theme without going into a wrestler theme. If we go according to your logic, they made "heel wrestler" the support of its main theme which doesn't really change much. Point is, it's a wrestler. Heel or face, they are both wrestlers, and wrestlers are fighters. There's no way around that, even if you say "wrestling is fake", it's fake FIGHTING.

I was never a fan of the evolutionary line even before I saw the leaks, but point is, people are upset because no matter how you spin it, a central part of Incineroar's theme is that it's a bloody fighter. Maybe it's a dirty fighter, maybe it's a show off fighter, point is, it's a wrestler and people are tired of seeing fire starters just show another side of fighting
>>
>>29601496
Save your fingers. It's probably the most Dark type Pokémon that's ever been made.
>>
>>29601538

Again, it's not the typing that's the problem, it's the theme that came alongside it. Maybe it does embody the dark type perfectly, but it also embodies a lot of stuff connected to fighting in general, which is why people are upset.

I'm not trying to shit on it or anything, seriously.
>>
>>29601496
> it's fake FIGHTING
That's like saying Sudowoodo should be grass type

>There's no way around that, even if you say "is a fake tree", it's fake TREE.
That's how silly you sound, if it isnt real, then it doesnt get the type.
>>
>>29601496
I see what you are saying, and I also think those people are idiots.
>>29601596
About OP, people are unaware of how fucking long pokémon design is. Sure, they might dislike that it is a bad dude in wrestling, but it was always designed as a Heel Wrestler. The Heel Pokémon. The fighting type was never an option, the design and notes were leaked months ago.
>>
>>29597581
I have no idea. We had a leak say it was dark ages ago.
>>
>>29597581
I think Decidueyes typing was last minute
>>
>>29601596
I get what you're saying, but I just think it's kind of stupid. It's cherrypicking similarities to other starters to justify a subjective opinion. It's like if someone before gen 6 complained that most grass starters were single typed reptiles.
>>
>>29601763
Not that guy, but I don't get your point.
May I ask you to elaborate?
>>
>>29601188
>Incineroar is a heel wrestler who happens to look like a wrestler
wew
>>
>>29601637

I'm not arguing about the type, dude. Honestly, that's not the issue people have with incineroar, nobody is upset it's fire/dark, they are upset because everything else reminds them of a fighting type

Sudowoodo's theme is that it looks like a tree despite its typing, you know. I like that it's a rock type, I think it's fun. I'm just saying why I believe so many people have trouble with incineroar despite the typing not being a repeat.

>>29601763

In a way, yeah, you're right. At the end of the day because it is in fact not a fire/fighting it shouldn't rustle people THIS bad, but it does.

I guess it's just a knee jerk reaction to having so many fire fighters. People just go off the handle at anything that even ressembles them, which incineroar does, even if it's not really.

Anyway, that's really all I had to say. Could've been worse I guess.
>>
>>29601596
No people are upset because they had to move the goal posts, they were EXPLICITLY stating it would be Fire/Fighting, and that was why they were shitting on it.

Now it has been proven not to be fighting type and these faggots are going "oh we were never mad about the typing, we were mad about the theme all along!"

Well fuck the lot of you, I hope the next fire starter is a fighting type. But not a fighter themed pokemon. I hope it's something completely unrelated to physical fighting, but still a fire/fighting, so I can watch you idiots wriggle in the net you cast over yourselves. Because if you even made one damn peep about being mad that it was a fighting type despite not being fighting themed, which is your big issue with incineroar now, you'd be shown for the back peddling faggots you are.
>>
>>29601736
This. The leak even said that Decidueye would be Grass/Flying, I'm glad it kept the type.
>>
Heel Turn
>>
>>29600767
Why not blame yourselves for having expectations that don't match reality?
>>
>>29601871
>This. The leak even said that Decidueye would be Grass/Flying

No leak worth a shit ever said this or any of the other starter's types. Flying/Dark/Fairy were just the common guesses.
>>
>>29601834
The only reason I wanted it to be Fire/Fighting was to upset everyone because I hate it so fucking much
inb4 it's a heel so it wants you to hate it!
I'd hate if 4 out of 7 fire starters ended up part fighting as well

>>29601933
One of the leaks clearly stated Fire/Dark, Water/Fairy and Grass/Flying.
>>
>>29601945
So, if anyone was a last minute change, it would be Decidueye.
>>
File: 1476773737640.jpg (83KB, 536x449px) Image search: [Google]
1476773737640.jpg
83KB, 536x449px
Holy shit Incineroar is NOT a fucking fighter. It's a WRESTLER. A HEEL wrestler at that. Why in the fuck is /vp/ the only place autistic enough to go off on tangents about its fucking design? Fucking anything could be considered a Fighter if you acted like a complete dipshit about
>>
>>29601996
b-because wrestling is fake!
>>
>>29597581
Because idiots can't accept that they were wrong
>>
>>29602028
Because if a wrestler picked a fight with anyone with actual martial training the wrestler would get their shit handed to them.

You can choose to be your own legal defense in a court of law, but that doesn't make you a fucking lawyer and against a real lawyer you are probably going to get fucked in the ass metaphorically, before your very real ass fucking in prison.
>>
>>29602086
>Because if a wrestler picked a fight with anyone with actual martial training the wrestler would get their shit handed to them.

Honestly depends on the martial artist in question. Straight muscle can actually get you pretty far if the imbalance between you and your opponent is great enough.
>>
>>29602086
I guess this means all future wrestler Pokemon should be Normal, Rock, Steel or Dark instead of Fighting.
>>
Incineroar will be the first evil starter pokemon. Every other starter has been at least morally neutral, if not heroic/good.
>>
>>29602086

>anyone with actual martial training

Why does this remind of the argument of "Max dexterity versus a brute"?
>>
>>29602140
Nope. The SM site describes it as being a softie, who only acts like an asshole during battles because that's his role.
>>
>>29597636
>all Dark moves are at least 80% accurate
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>29597955
>It's a last minute change
kys please
>>
File: 1469895520645.jpg (214KB, 1251x574px) Image search: [Google]
1469895520645.jpg
214KB, 1251x574px
>>29601945
>One of the leaks clearly stated Fire/Dark, Water/Fairy and Grass/Flying.

no it didn't. If it did it was a fake leak just piggy backing off of the chinese leaks.
>>
>>29601807
I don't mind when people say they don't like Incineroar's design. What I do mind is when people treat their opinion as the objective truth. They say being bipedal and a fighter (despite the fact that fighting isn't its main theme, as many have said) is proof that it's unoriginal. I say that's bullshit. Compare the current fire/fighters. Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar have completely different body styles. Having the same type is boring gameplay wise, but design wise all three of them are very distinct from each other and Incineroar. "Bipedal" and "fighter" are vague concepts. Charizard and Incineroar are both bipedal and they're nothing alike. Emboar and Incineroar are wrestlers and they're nothing alike. The type isn't an issue either, so saying Incineroar is unoriginal is not true.

It's like if, during gen 5, someone decided Serperior was unoriginal because it's a reptle like its predecessors.
>>
>>29597940
>Blaming anything but the creators
>>
>>29602185
>You can fol some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
>>
>Incineroar will never get unique moves with names like Heel Turn & Cheap Heat to low key become the greatest Contest Pokemon of all time

gamefreak only exists to taunt our imaginations with dreams of what could have been and will never be
>>
File: 1477153951740.png (756KB, 1500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1477153951740.png
756KB, 1500x2500px
>>29602179
>>
>>29602299
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
I meant the Serperior comparisson, I just don't get how anyone could compare them.
I like all three starter lines this gen.
>>
I still don't get why people adhere to the idea that "all Fighting-types must be martial artists" when we've got mons that get the Fighting-type from things as unrelated as construction and playing sports.
>>
>>29602519
>I just don't get how anyone could compare them.
Serperior, Torterra, Sceptile, Meganium (and Venusaur I think?) are all reptiles. It's a common theme among them. But they are clearly different things, with different inspirations.

So why is it that a cockfighting chicken, a monkey based on Son Goku, a pig demon based on a chinese soldier and heel tiger keep getting lumped together and shat on? Because they share a theme? So did the grass types once and nobody complained. Because three shared a type? So did the grass starters once (most of them were pure grass).

It's a strange double standard.
>>
>>29602841
Weird indeed.
Thanks for your time, Anon.
>>
>>29598835
Fire/Dark makes more sense because the word heat is used as a term in wrestling. Fire = Heat. Dark = Heel. Heel heat.
>>
>>29602841
>So why is it that a cockfighting chicken, a monkey based on Son Goku, a pig demon based on a chinese soldier and heel tiger keep getting lumped together and shat on?
Because they look more alike. I could go out right now to some Aboriginal village that has never even heard of Pokémon, and show them a picture of the grass starters you listed, and of the 3 Fire-Fighting starters along with Incineroar, and I could ask them which set looked more alike, and they would all tell me that the Fire ones look more similar, because they do.
And it's seriously gotten to the point where they're all so visually similar that it's predictable: the first time I saw Incineroar I thought it was a fan design making fun of GF's designs for the Fire starters because it really looks like it was made in the same mindset as those three.
>>
File: 1477953558285.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477953558285.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>"H-he's clearly a wrestler, a fighting type!!"
>Thief exists.
>>
>>29603010
I disagree. Frankly, Serperior and Sceptile look more similar than any of the fire starters do with each other.
>>
>>29602841
>Because three shared a type? So did the grass starters once (most of them were pure grass).
Vensaur (Grass/Poison)
Meganium (Grass)
Sceptile (Grass)
Torterra (Grass/Ground)
Serperior (Grass)
Chestnaught (Grass/Fighting)
VS
Charizard (Fire/Flying)
Typhlosion (Fire)
Blaziken (Fire/Fighting)
Infernape (Fire/Fighting)
Emobar (Fire/Fighting)
Delphox (Fire/Psychic)

The fire starters went three in a row. It became the greatest of memes.

Didn't help that they were so similar when the grass starters went from gigantic quads to bipedal to a snake. And when two of them shared a stance sequentially they had a different typing to go with it. I like to think Chestnaught was Game Freak poking fun at themselves, but that's obviously not the case.

Or is it? Luchalitten could be interpreted the same way.
>>
>>29603183
>share a stance
the Fire starters all stand quite differently, though
>>
>>29603255
Exactly. Another point I was trying to make in >>29602299. I mean, for fuck's sake, look at Infernape's sprites and models. It can barely even stand upright.
>>
>>29600288
Decidueye makes just as much sense.

For both of them you have to do your fucking research before it clicks into place.
>Decidueye is because owls are spooky and associated with the spirit world in Hawaiian mythology
>Incineroar is because it's based on a famous Japanese heel
Both make perfect sense, they're just not as immediately obvious as "fire dragon" (which is only occasionally a dragon) and "penguin which is Steel for no reason."
>>
File: 1478014123863.jpg (121KB, 900x902px) Image search: [Google]
1478014123863.jpg
121KB, 900x902px
>>29597636
>Incineroar using Fake Tears
I need this.
>>
>>29602185
That when you fight dirty and people aren't expecting it you nearly always land your hit.
>>
>>29603331
You don't need to research anything to know owls are spooky.
>>
>>29603401
I meant more for the other stuff.
>>
>>29603255
You cheeky cunt, you! I was blanking (and still am) on the proper word for it. Gait?

If you're being serious, they're still not dissimilar enough to make the exhaustion with them coming one after another a surprise.
>>
>>29602120
Speed and accuracy is what makes any striking martial art work. You hit weak spots fast and hard, causing debilitating injuries.

For flowing martial arts, you redirect your opponents power against them, using it to disorient, topple, or provide openings for your own attacks.

Neither of these lose to brute force. They were, in fact, created specifically to counter brute force.

No.
>>
>>29603492
>anyone with actual martial training
Yeeeeah, i'm going to go ahead and say that a random dude who's been going to literally my mom's karate class for a year isn't going to have much of a shot at whoever the biggest name in whatever the biggest wrestling group thing is.
>>
>>29597955
I don't believe it was a last minute change.
Plus the games would have already been made and sent out across the globe, how would they last minute change it?
>>
One thing worth noting is that fighting type doesn't always correspond to a martial art. Sometimes, it just represents brute force. Look at Primeape or Bewear.
>>
>>29597581
>Whats this I keep hearing about the Dark typing being a last minute change for him?

No-one has ever said this
>>
>>29603156
The fact that one stands on two legs and the other doesn't have legs at all makes it hard for me to understand how you see them as looking similar.
>>
>>29603492
Not in the described conditions, no.
If a dude is big enough and tough enough, you won't get far, you need a comparable strength to make Karate and Judo work, dunno about the rest.
>>
>>29603570
Would you settle for "anyone trained to proficiency?"
>>
>>29603576
>Look at Primeape or Bewear
Stufful would have been a better example, as Bewear is described as watching martial artists and copying their moves.
>>
>>29602179
Actually it's more like watching throwong a wide punch and getting hit with a straight shot to the nose. Some people just can't throw a punch properly, I've seen people who make a fist with their thumb inside their grip
>>
>>29603629
Honestly, every fight I've lost has been a fist fight and everyone I've won has been by grappling.
Punching without telegraphing it is hard.
>>
>>29603599
Two long bodied reptiles with a pointy snout, sharp eyes and two extentions on their head.

>legs

That's really all this thread comes down to, isn't it.
>>
>>29603618
That would be much better than what that other post used.
>>
>>29603576
Primeape moves like a boxer, and its hands are constantly in closed fists.

Also, what is Monkey Style Kung Fu?

Sounds like a martial art to me.
>>
>>29597955

Literally kys
>>
File: 1454006143783.png (112KB, 985x985px) Image search: [Google]
1454006143783.png
112KB, 985x985px
>>29597955
>A fighter is a fighter. You can't say it's only fake.
>>
File: Coffee.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
>>29603915
>>
>>29603606
One standard thickness board = minor bone like nose or rib.
Two boards = normal bone like fibia.
Three = major bone like femur.

After three years Tae Kwon Do training, I could reliably break two without effort, three if really gunning it though would sometimes fail.
I was 5'7" and weighed 125lb.

Tell me, how many bones in your arm do I have to break before you can't effectively punch with it anymore? My guess is one.

There's also the reach issue here. Wresting is very close quarters. Kicks are not. If he can get close enough to me to actually grab me without having at least broken some ribs, I have not done my job.

If he tries to punch, since he's big and strong and untrained, he's going to go for a haymaker. One of the most telegraphed things you can do, proper blocking should make quick work of it, with the added bonus of giving me openings in the process.

And heaven help him if /he/ tries to kick, because he's big and untrained, so he's going to already probably be off balance, and he's not remotely going to think to retract so all I need to do is step back a tad, leisurely catch the thing, then flip him to the ground and enjoy the wide bouquet of options now available.

It's not a pretty picture man. I've been in this fight before, from both ends.
>>
>>29597955
>the heel Pokémon
>Heel: a heel (also known as a rudo in lucha libre) is a wrestler who is villainous or a "bad guy", who is booked (scripted) by the promotion to be in the position of being an antagonist. They are typically opposed by their polar opposites, faces, who are the heroic protagonist or "good guy" characters.

nah ur retarded
>>
Consider the following:

Incineroar looks like a Fighting type for the same reason Sudowoodo looks like a grass type

Not even in the sense that "lmoa wrestling's fake", but in the sense that Incineroar's an over the top showboat that would easily lose to any real fighting type
>>
>>29603681
Keep your hands eye-high in a boxer's stance. Punch straight in not in hooks. Keep your fist vertical when extending, wait til the last second to rotate, then hit with the first two knuckles. As you punch, rotate your upper body into it, while rotating your hips slightly counter to keep a firm grounding, so that power is essentially flowing from the ground, to your legs, through your hips, into your upper body, then out your arm, before finally colliding with some carefully chosen 1" square on them. Aim small, an area about the size of a dime. The smaller you aim the less missing will matter, because you'll still be somewhere close.
>>
>>29603984
Ok.
I'm a big dude, 6'7 and about 200lb (a bit less actually), but my biggest accomplishment on fights with "trained" opponents is getting them out of their comfort zone.

I don't think I could beat you but getting to the "not having done your job" is easier than it seems, at least on not so experienced fighters.
I place trained in quotes because I've never fought an expert, usually because they don't start fights, and again, no idea on Tae Kwon Do, I only even know one practitioner.

But I've taken down Karatecas who have over reached with with Horse Kicks by quickly twisting the leg and bringing them to the ground, if that helps you make a comparisson.

My point was, say, if you don't have the raw strength to break those planks, you won't get very far. I think so at least.

>>29604145
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>29601425
Really fucked up, ain't it?

>Was going to photoshop boxing gloves onto incineroar as a picture, but I'm far to tired to do so.
>>
>>29602086
>Wrestlers can't beat actual martial artists
>Brock Lesnar exists

I can not even fathom how dumb you are.
>>
>>29604591
Brock Lesnar is a trained martial artist you dweebasaurus rex.
>>
>>29604591
Well, that's like saying actors can't really fight and then calling Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, and Jackie Chan.
>>
>>29602468
Dude, Weavile hits like a goddamned atom bomb after the inevitable swords dance you have up.
>>
>>29604615
Not really... the most he did in UFC was club people with his freakish monkey arms.
>>
>>29598736
>Incineroar's unique Z-Move
>Underhanded Pummel
>>
>>29597581
it's just faggots who got BTFO'd clinging to another thing
>>
>>29598681
>he doesn't know original TM and thinks only of the new show

in the original, TM was a heel
>>
>>29605135
Until he did a literal heel face turn.
>>
>>29605178
yeah, but for the children

it's similar to Incineroar, he plays heel but loves children
>>
>>29605191
Oh, I know, but the design looks way closer to the actual Tiger the Dark than the cape and mask of the original Tiger Mask.
>>
File: 4367347646.png (270KB, 728x606px) Image search: [Google]
4367347646.png
270KB, 728x606px
>>29597581
Gaijin Goombah opened his weeaboo cocksucking mouth about it and it seems it took off from there since I didnt hear any "last minute change" complaints till his video.
>>
>>29597955
Have an extra (You) on the house
>>
>>29599126
Off topic, can we get another item removing attack besides knock off, please?
>>
>>29597581
With all this talk about heel, would a heel Pokemon maybe have been better if it were not a starter and could be dark fighting like Scrafty?
>>
>>29606277
>Gaijin Goomba

isn't it that garbage who got blocked by kamiya
>>
>>29607235
Although for real, who DIDN'T get blocked by Kamiya
>>
>>29607257
yeah but he was a persistent faggot

>why did you block me? I was defending you!
>>
>>29597955

Shut it, "Henry"
>>
Why didn't they just make him a Fighting type? Fire/Dark is an awful typing. He's guaranteed to be a PU shitmon.
>>
>>29597940
>>29597955
>>29597933
Tic tac toe, three dipshits in a row.
>>
>>29602086
Fuck off with this shit. Im a fairly seasoned martial artist but if the Rock or some other 7 foot tall wall of muscle wanted to fight I'd get the fuck outta dodge.
>>
>>29603984
>using anything but low kicks in a real fighting situation
>relying on kicking to keep your opponent away
I bet you end up on your back a bit less than your mom does.
>>
>>29603681
Literally don't move your arms back ever. How are we so advanced as a species but still have the majority of our kind think putting their main means of both defense and offense behind them is a good idea?
>>
>>29597581
It was always intended as a dark type.
Shitposters are just mad they can't use the fire fighting memes
>>
>>29607235
Lets be honest
Who doesn't get blocked by kamiya
>>
>>29601914
But Anon, people would then have to acknowledge their own faults and ignorance. Why would they do that when they could instead just lay blame on other sources?
>>
>>29599239
It's a male soap opera, Anon
>>
>>29606623
It would've been better received, although fire works just as fine stated by >>29599009
and >>29602905. It also justifies the fire belt motif.
>>
>>29604330
>But I've taken down Karatecas who have over reached with with Horse Kicks by quickly twisting the leg and bringing them to the ground, if that helps you make a comparisson.
Then they forgot to retract, just like the hypothetical untrained guy I mentioned.
They deserved those takedowns, that's kicking 102.
>>
>>29607235
He was also told "go back to your nest" by him as well.
>>
>>29600835
wait, no, that can't be true
>>
>>29600767
I blame every regular on /vp/ for not killing themselves. The Incineroar leak is the Hawlucha Leak 2.0. The fucks on this board are too stupid to live.
>>
>>29607235
hi kamiya
>>
>>29597933
>would someone unfamiliar with the concept of heels think it's an evil actor tiger or a fighting tiger?
It's literally the Heel Pokemon. How well known a reference/inspiration is has never been a consistent aspect of a Pokemon design.
>>
>>29609334
Maybe if it was not a starter, or if another starter was the face compliment, it could be better. Like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee or Sawk and Throh. And while I know that the mermaid is supposed to be showy, it certainly isn't supposed to be a wrestler of some sort so it kind of lacks a complimentary mon. I think it's good nonetheless. I might pick it over the owl. The only one I will definitely not pick is Poplio. It's just lame compared to the other two.
>>
Someone tell an ignorant piece of shit what a "heel" is?
>>
>>29612717
bad dude in wrestling
>>
>>29612717
It's the back part of your foot, below the ankle.
>>
>>29612717

A bad guy/villain in professional wrestling. Good guys are called "faces".

An example of a heel is Triple H. John Cena is a face.
>>
>>29604111
That and GF thought it would be funny.

It is.
>>
>>29607944
It's not that bad at all
>>
>>29613337
Fire dark means the dark weaknesses to bug and fairy go away. So it'll be weak to rock, ground, water, and fighting. Defensively, it'll have problems. I haven't seen its stats, but I expect high attack so flare blitz + knock off. As long as it has decent speed it should at least be UU.
>>
>>29613337
>>29613448
While not as good as Fire/Fighting offensively, it's by far not a bad typing. Let's hope its moveset is at least decent.
>>
>>29613621
I guarantee it gets flare blitz and knock off. Those two alone are enough to work with if it has good stats. Since almost everything gets EQ, it will probably get that or some fighting moves (it is still a wrestler) for decent coverage. It might even work well with some lower accuracy higher power attacks (Cross Chop and new fire/dark attacks) and Hone Claws.
>>
>>29614919
So UU is likely right?
>>
I for one find it fucking hilarious
>>
He looks like a fighting type, and Decidueye doesn't look like a ghost type and Primarina would still be effective against him if he was a fighting type
>>
>>29620874
>He looks like a fighting type

That sort of comes with the territory of being based on a wrestler though, and ties in with the brute force that heels are known for.
>>
>>29597581
It's based off Tiger Mask, who was a huge cheater before becoming a hero, so Dark/Evil fits it.

the concept art has it using Gunk Shot as well.
>>
I loved it the moment I saw the concept art of it smashing Pikachu's face with a table.
>>
>>29597636
People forget that a lot of Fighting type's lore revolves around them being just. As in justice.
>>
>>29620874
Decidueye being ghost is a pun on Snipers.

The Oricorio is also based off a japanese funeral dancer.
>>
>>29621093
Explains why Croagunk was Looker's partner.
>>
Fighting Type is actually 'hero' type in Japan, because it's a dirty fighter I don't think they would classify it as a 'hero'. While dark type is 'evil' type in Japan, it makes a bit more sense to have a dirty fighter as an 'evil' type.
>>
>"oh look litten is evolving into ANOTHER fire/fighting pokémon!"
>it's actually fire/dark
>"w... well it... it still has fighting elements!"
>>
File: 1477875536608.png (514KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
1477875536608.png
514KB, 1280x891px
>>29607235
reminder that he made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPAKhrhZ3Zg
>>
>>29610427
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Seaking_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_I_learnset#By_leveling_up

In Gen 1 it was the Goldeen line's signature move
>>
File: dlitten.gif (158KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
dlitten.gif
158KB, 500x562px
>Pro-wrestler (fake fighting)
>also a Heel (dark)
makes sense to anyone who knows anything about its inspiration. /vp/ is fulla marks tho.
>>
File: 1392388666916.jpg (110KB, 1010x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1392388666916.jpg
110KB, 1010x1036px
>>29622273
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPAKhrhZ3Zg [Embed]
What
>>
>>29603570
>actuall martial arts training
>my moms karate class for a fucking year
Is that really what you think it takes to be trained in martial arts. Guess i can get a wrestlers body by doing basic cardio for a month
>>
File: jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg (348KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg
348KB, 640x400px
best heel
>>
Incineroar's concept art was leaked on the Internet as early as June, where its description literally mentions it "fighting dirty." So at the very least, Incineroar's typing was determined as late as June.

Incineroar was officially revealed at the end of October. 4 months =/= last minute.

Fighting dirty and unfairly has always been quintessentially Dark-type.

Look at most Dark-type moves:

- Sucker Punch gives Dark-types an "unfair hit", especially those that would otherwise attack second.

- Knock Off removes a target's held item, which presents an unfair disadvantage as the user still has its own item.

- Foul Play calculates damage based on the opponent's attack and uses its power against them.

- Beat Up has all of the player's Pokémon attacking an opponent at once.

- Embargo prevents the opponent from using items.

- Punishment uses the opponent's stat boosts against them.

- Memento and Parting Shot reduce the opponent's stats.

- Snatch steals the effect of your opponent's status move.

- Torment prevents the opponent from using the same attack twice in a row.

- Thief steals the opponent's item if the user doesn't have one.

- Topsy-Turvy reverses stat boosts and drops.

- Switcheroo forces the opponent to switch its items with yours.

- Taunt forces the opponent to only use offensive moves.

- Pursuit punishes the opponent for switching out.

- Quash forces the target to go last... And the list goes on and on.

Seriously, the Dark-type is the "evil-type." Everything about Dark is supposed to be unfair and unjust.

Dirty fighting = Dark. Since Pokémon can only have two types, Game Freak ultimately decided that Incineroar encompassed more themes from the Dark-type (due to its heel wrestler roots) than the Fighting-type.

Incineroar's story is similar to Lugia's, a Pokémon that Game Freak felt encompassed more themes associated with the Psychic-type (telekinetic abilities, telepathy) than the Water-type.
>>
>>29598016
dark type was a gen 2 type
>>
>>29597581
It wasn't. It's a heel. It is a the "villain" in wrestling. Dark Types run contrary to Fighting types in that Dark types do not fight clean. Fighting types do.
>>
Why can't the game just leak already? I wanna know if my BOI is going to be viable dammit.

Please get Close Combat. Or at least Superpower.
>>
>>29625463
You know it'll get both.
>>
>>29625477
You never know with Game Freak man, haha

Hopefully Masuda's wrestling boner will push through for us
>>
File: Top gun.jpg (119KB, 797x444px) Image search: [Google]
Top gun.jpg
119KB, 797x444px
>If Incineroar was a Fire/Fighting, the same people who call it a fighting type while ignoring what a Heel is would shit on it for being another Fire/Fighting
>>
File: 1383881491223.jpg (230KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1383881491223.jpg
230KB, 700x700px
>>29598681
>MFW the Opening AND Ending theme of that show
>>
>>29597581
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.