[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genesect in-store distro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3357.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3357.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
Just went to Gamestop for the Genesect distribution but instead of getting a neat card like the other ones, the guy printed out the code on a reciept. He said none of the gamestops around here got cards and most of them don't know how to print the codes.

This happening to anyone else?
>>
File: 1474943523905.jpg (42KB, 540x360px)
1474943523905.jpg
42KB, 540x360px
>>29592364
I don't even know OP, I asked today if they had any and the girl just told me they were being given out via Mystery Gift. Obviously its not, but she said the last set of cards they had in distribution was Volcanion.
>>
>>29592364
Maybe you just dont deserve one.
>>
>>29592364
It´s like they actively hate the third world players.
>>
>>29592364
Here in Italy we got the code on receipt since the Mew distribution from February.
>>
>>29592947
So you had to buy something?
>>
>>29592981
No, they'll just print it up if you ask.
>>
Got mine this morning and it was the same way, no cards, they just printed the codes on a receipt
>>
Gib da code plox
>>
We get them on reciepts in the UK as well. All you do is turn up, ask for a code and they print it off on a reciept. But Game are shifty bastards always wanting you to download their shitty app to get the code
>>
Maybe that means these fags won't "run out" of codes this time.
>>
>>29592364
The Gamestops I go to have been printing out codes since the Darkrai event, after how crazy the Mew event was.
Volcanion was the first time I actually got a card.
>>
I just left GameStop and not only did they have no codes, the guy said they weren't even getting a shipment.
>>
>>29594449
Same here. Never even told me about the receipts they could print.
>>
>>29592364
It's so they don't run out
>>
wait, why isn't this a mystery gift thing like all the other ones this year?
>>
The guy at Gamestop told me that he was supposed to get the codes today but he hadn't seen them yet.
>>
>>29594516

AKA employees stealing them all and selling on Ebay.
>>
>>29594534
>all the other ones
Only half of them have been wifi.
Go look at Serebii's event calendar. Only things like Celebi, Jirachi, and Keldeo were wifi. Everything else is instore codes.
>>
File: hitmonlee.jpg (41KB, 376x210px) Image search: [Google]
hitmonlee.jpg
41KB, 376x210px
>>29592364
eh, I'll just wait until I go to get the game before bothering with grabbing a code. seems like nobody has them anyway so why waste time?
>>
It won't be too big of a deal if I can't get Genesect. I have 2 from BW2. I'm just waiting on Meloetta to finish the dex
>>
File: 1474224509587.jpg (81KB, 476x479px) Image search: [Google]
1474224509587.jpg
81KB, 476x479px
>>29594765
>not wanting every pokemon with a hexagon
>>
>>29594801
>caring about PENTagons when they're 100% useless right now unless you're still doing VGC events for like literally 1 month
>Hexagon
looks like youre the filthy casual
>>
>>29592947
Italian here, they always gave me a pamphlet in addition to the code on the receipt up until Volcanion, when they only gave me the receipt. Dunno about Genesect, I haven't gone to a Gamestop yet
>>
>>29592364
That happened to me with Volcanion
>>
>>29592364
No cards here either. Told me to check back in a day or two though.
>>
>>29592364
I want the red genesect instead ;_;
>>
The physical cards aren't happening.

Some people were hitting one or multiple locations so they could get as many cards as they could and then turned around to sell them online.

The print out really doesn't change things as an employee can simply enter a transaction, put in the sku, and finalize the transaction but the corporate mentality is this is easier to track employees being shady.

The only upside is that the store cannot run out of codes now.

My buddy is the store manager (store leader in gamestop terms) at one of the local stores. While I have another full time, well paying, stable job, he offered me a spot for one or two shifts a week to get some extra spending money and get a discount on games. When the volcanion thing first started my store got 6 packets of cards. I told my buddy I was going to take a bunch home to give away here. He had no problem with it and I gave out 16 Volcanion codes.

It sucks because now I probably wont be able to do that this easily with Genesect.
>>
>>29594977
What's stopping people from going to other stores and getting codes now?
>>
>>29595344

Still less abusable then employees pocketing or giving out literal stacks of cards.
>>
They've been doing this for a while for me in Bongistan. It's just less hassle for them to quickly print a receipt than to store an hand out cards.
>>
What ball are they selling the figurine in?
>>
>>29594801

They'll lose it the second you convert them to 7th gen data anyway.
>>
>>29594977

Pretty sure I got one of your codes, thanks again anon. You da real MVP.
>>
>>29592364

Genesect For collecting.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.