[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will GF stop pushing the big city bullshit this gen? Lumiose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: fuckthisshit.png (341KB, 536x322px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.png
341KB, 536x322px
Will GF stop pushing the big city bullshit this gen?

Lumiose was fucking boring and could be reduced to 1/4 of the size, easily. It was even worse than Castelia
>>
File: Hau'oli_City_artwork.png (2MB, 1031x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hau'oli_City_artwork.png
2MB, 1031x1000px
>>29591129
No. They will do the same thing that they did with ORAS Mauville City: Create it and not pushing it.
>>
There's that huge gated city but it doesn't look like it'll be annoying
>>
The only problem with Lumiose was no map and no compass.

Castelia was only shit because for a big city it was fucking tiny, BW2 at least had the sewers to give it some real exploration.
>>
It was great. Castelia was good. Goldenrod was good. Huge cities are always the best towns in their respective generation.

Fucking deal with it, boonie.
>>
>>29591225
oras mauville was a such a disaster, goddamn.
>>
File: 1473788925732.png (84KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
1473788925732.png
84KB, 460x438px
>>29591297
>Goldenrod
>Huge
>>
>>29591286
>>29591297
most of Lumiose was useless

also Goldenrod and Mauville are good sized cities
>>
I don't care what they do with Hau'oli as long as they don't make screen transitions like ORAS. Just put a gate and be done with it.
>>
Lumiose would've been fine if the camera wasn't such garbage there, or you could have a map of it open at all times on the bottom screen.
>>
>>29591337
What about my huge golden rod?
>>
File: 1477583951409.png (282KB, 542x377px) Image search: [Google]
1477583951409.png
282KB, 542x377px
>>29591337

It's huge alright
>>
Lumiose is the only city I dislike, everything else is fine.
>>
I want more big citites. Having just three houses, a gym and a Pokemon Center destroy the immersion, especially when they have the nerve to call it a city.
>>
File: 1353859293134.png (83KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1353859293134.png
83KB, 250x250px
>>29591408
>Pokemon
>Immersion
>>
>>29591408
This. Shame Hau'oli looks so small compared to other big cities. Or maybe Hau'oli isn't the big city, but that walled off Attack on Titan city that Ya Boi took over...
>>
>>29591129
The biggest city in Hawai'i is the real world equivalent of the town in the demo.
>>
>>29591464
>What is Honolulu
>>
>>29591337
Is huge for a 8-bit game, but in HGSS even with its size it is the only city with 6 squares.
>>
File: Biggest city.png (2MB, 2852x710px) Image search: [Google]
Biggest city.png
2MB, 2852x710px
>>29591129
Hau'oli City is the smallest "biggest city" we've ever had in terms of size.

I think big cities are fine, they just dont have to overdo it. Like>>29591297 said, Goldenrod anc Castelia felt like huge cities and did so without being a clusterfuck.

Lumiose and Mallville arent great, but they have had good big cities

>>29591337
look at your sprite and then at the city. It's damn huge. Imagine what it would be like in full 3D man. It would be fucking incredible

>>29591353
They have screen transitions for gates alright....
>>
>>29591430
yes, that's the intent
>>
>>29591225
Mauville City was aweomse, but you fags complained about it being small all the time.
>>
>>29591129
We already know Alola has a big city. It seems more tolerable than Lumiose though. Castelia has been the only mega-city I've been okay with, hopefully the new one in Alola is like Castelia, where it looks huge but it's actually easy to navigate without getting lost.
>>
>>29592250
Lumiose is the only really bad Mega City.

Though Jubilife and Saffron were cheating a bit by not by not actually being that big looking at them here >>29592005
>>
>>29591129
I liked how copy-pasted and how hard to get to where you want to go without a guide Lumiose City was. It reminded me of an actual city.
>>
>>29592584
I don't consider Saffron, Goldenrod, Slateport (the former giant city of Hoenn) or Jubilife as "mega cities" even if they're big cities. A "mega city" needs special camera angles and multiple loading points, and so far only Castelia, Lumiose, Mallville, and the new Alola city are like that.
>>
>>29591129
I liked the size of it. There were two problems.

1. Every street looked the same, so navigation was awkward
2. Camera angles are atrocious and made traversing the town a head spinning nightmare
>>
I really like the big cities, but they feel so empty most of the time. Most of the buildings don't even have fucking entrances most of the time and it feels so bland. Lumiose was pretty okay, it at least had a lot of shops and buildings you could go into, even if the navigation was horrible.
>>
Lumiose had to be big enough to connect to every single point in the region. It was the hub area of Kalos.

I actually like the concept of cities actually being the size of cities. Almost every other "city" in Pokémon wasn't even the size of a town.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.