[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun and moon metagame - what will change?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

Tapu Koko - This thing will completely dominate smogon OU, considering it will most likely be fast, has good resists and decent defences, and ontop of that, an ability that gives its stab 1.5x, pretty much adaptability but with the added benefits of electric terrain for both tapu koko and its teamates. Guessing this will be the strongest of the Tapu's as it most likely has the most speed.

Tapu bulu - This thing is the only Tapu im not really sure about. It could go either way depending on its stabs.

Tapu fini - definately OU material, great typing, offensively and defensively, can switch into a plethora of ou pokemon, immune to keldeo's burns etc.

tapu lele - this thing is gonna be amazing in vgc, literally so good, but in smogon format I am unsure. Even so, this thing is gonna completely change the vgc meta, wow. stopping priority is insane in a vgc format.

What other pokemon are gonna change shit up lmao
>>
I was about to question why you brang up VGC and Smogon separately, but then I remembered that Smogon still does Singles.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>inb4 they do doubles too
I know, but the fact that singles is so bland makes me question them.
>>
A lot of people are saying Minior looks like it might be a new Aegislash, but at the moment it could go either way. It gets status immunity and good defense in it's Shields Up state, and good speed and attack in Shields Down. It probably doesn't have a way to reset it's shields, though, unlike Aegislash. It's typing is good enough for OU, Mega Aerodactyl proved that, but it's not nearly as good as Ghost/Steel. It's also a single stage Pokémon, so there's a much higher chance for it to have bad stats. However, with good stats Minior might be a good cleaner/sweeper in OU.
>>
>>29587225
I'm glad they do Singles, I much prefer that over doubles.
>>
I think people are really over-hyping the Tapus too much. The main problem is that terrain affects not only your own Pokemon, but your opponent's as well. Bulu's will heal your opponents, Fini's will make your opponents immune to status and easily set up, etc. I think koko will be the only one to stay OU (if he has good stats), since Sleep immunity isn't as big of a deal as the other effects.
>>
>>29587251
minior is going to be the cloyster of genVII: good in and of itself but nothing more than a scrub check in the meta
>>
>>29587293
Singles is much simpler, it's true. Though I don't understand all the bitching about stall when you voluntarily play a meta thats like 6x slower than doubles.
>>
>>29587301
>The main problem is that terrain affects not only your own Pokemon, but your opponent's as well.
This is true of Rain too. Guess the Weather Wars never happened.
>>
>>29587225
They do doubles so bad its amazing.
It's their worse ran format.
>>
>>29587147
Smgon are not official and you don't need to play by their rules.

Stop following theirs rules ans stop watching the poketubers who brainwash people and learn to think for yourselves.
>>
>>29587311
Weather requires you to build specific teams, and it's not like opponents always carried a Pokemon that profited from Rain/Sand/etc. Terrains affect ALL non-Flying/Levitating Pokemon. Weather Wars were WARS because players often fought to keep their own weather in the field, this dynamic doesn't matter when Terrains are basically a guaranteed boon for most Pokemon.
>>
The Tapus are gonna be amazing in both Singles and Doubles. They all fill niches that didn't until now.

>God-tier abilities
>God-tier typing
>580BST

>>29587301
By your logic weather is shit because it also helps your opponent.

Protip: Just build your team around whatever Tapu you are gonna use. Are you gonna use Bulu? Time for bulky offense or stall. Gonna use Fini? Don't use stat moves and use shit that hates getting burned.
>>
>>29587360
>this dynamic doesn't matter when Terrains are basically a guaranteed boon for most Pokemon.
And more often than not the Terrain will end up benefiting your team more because you made your team around what your Tapu boosts. It's certainly no weather war but the same basic principle still applies.
>>
>>29587147
Everybody was talking about the viability of Bulu + Heatran + something else as a core in the future game.
>>
>>29587361
The tapus will be banned.
>>
>>29587359
>Smgon are not official and you don't need to play by their rules.
Maybe not, but it's fun to do it. If it weren't they wouldn't exist.
It's definitely more fun than rigged RNG battle facility battles or mindless legendary spam in-game online battles.
>>
I keep an eye on Mudsdale too. Maybe the only counter to Electric Terrain teams
>>
>>29587359
Hi Verlis, haven't you necked yourself already ?
>>
>>29587397
They cover each weaknesses other perfectly, it's gonna be fucking nuts. It's a big shame there's still no good sun-setter Ninetales is shit and Y uses your Mega-Slow for a good Sunny-Grassy combo.

Koko-Rain is gonna be fun too. Those 100% Double STAB Thunders will be amazing.
>>
>>29587301
If you are the one bringing a Tapu, though, your team will be the one set up to take advantage of the terrain.

So you make a bulky team for Bulu, where even though the opponent regains health, too, you regain more and are able to avoid key 2HKOs. You can even efford to be sort of ground weak, since Grassy Terrain reduces the damage from Earthquake.

The same reasoning goes for Misty and Psychic terrain: Build a team that would normally be weak to status, and don't bring much status yourself. Build a team that would be weak to priority, and don't bring much priority yourself. This is really basic.

Your argument would apply to Sandstorm, as well, and that has been consistently good the last few generations.

The real question with the Tapus is wether we are getting a hold item that extends terrains to 8 turns, because without that I doubt we will see dedicated terrain teams. There is still a possibility for terrain-based two or three Pokémon combinations, though.
>>
>>29587422
How exactly? There'll be tons of better ground-types to use if you are scared of those boosted electric moves.
>>
Fin - HP
Kek - Speed
Bull - Attack
Lel - Sp.Atk

discuss
>>
>>29587444
VGC15 rain teams didn't usually run damp rock.
>>
>>29587251
Minior is checked by common OU wall namely skarmory (whirlwind) and ferrothorn (gyro ball)
>>
File: 1424146415210.jpg (48KB, 351x303px) Image search: [Google]
1424146415210.jpg
48KB, 351x303px
>Opponent non-grounded Pokemon uses Roost to take advantage of your terrain for that single turn
>>
>>29587487
Yeah. I can see it being RU/UU due to its offensive typing, but given OU's meta it's not getting anywhere there. You're better off going Tyrantrum or Rhyperior. Or better yet, just running Diancie like everyone else.
>>
>>29587444
isn't 8 a bit excessive?
>>
>>29587486
I was thinking mostly about OU.
>>
>>29587557
I'm pretty sure that's what Damp/Smooth/Icy/Heat Rock do for weathers.
>>
>>29587487
We don't know that yet, Minior could get a Fire move. But even if not, that just means it won't be extremely dominant. It could still be worthwhile, though.

Also, I guess the standard answer for that problem would be to slap a Magnezone on your team.
>>
Misty Terrain should have been modified to boost water moves too. It annoys me how it's the only one of them that doesn't boost anything.
>>
>>29587671
If they do that I'd wager they'd remove the dragon resist. which is great, because that's the most useless part of the terrain effect.
>>
>>29587671
Doesn't it boost Fairy moves?
>>
File: Acetrainerexplaining.png (6KB, 112x133px) Image search: [Google]
Acetrainerexplaining.png
6KB, 112x133px
>>29587700
nope, it weakens dragon.
>>
>>29587698
It really kinda is. It doesn't even help the things weak to Dragon because, well, only Dragons are weak to Dragon.
>>
File: dog.png (149KB, 600x450px)
dog.png
149KB, 600x450px
>>29587723
the only case I could see it being useful is if your dragon doesn't have a dragon move, but I have no idea why you would have one of those.
>>
>>29587637
Flame charge would make sense for a meteor.
>>
>>29587741
It would have really been much more useful when Fairy didn't exist. Now, it's just a secondary effect that's nice to have if you don't have Dragons on your team.
>>
File: 1469742683638.jpg (198KB, 1059x935px) Image search: [Google]
1469742683638.jpg
198KB, 1059x935px
>>29587741
For all it's worth, it'll probably be useful in VGC next year. Gotta tank that Z-Crystal Draco Meteor spam somehow.

You can also still kill Dragonite and Mence and Hydreigon and even Lati@s with your Dragon moves as they don't get the benefit of the Terrain too. I think Garchomp is the one who benefits the most from Misty.
>>
File: flygon will never get a mega.jpg (146KB, 1645x1040px) Image search: [Google]
flygon will never get a mega.jpg
146KB, 1645x1040px
>>29587774
once again garchomp outdoes flygon.
>>
File: 1468087168448.jpg (55KB, 480x740px) Image search: [Google]
1468087168448.jpg
55KB, 480x740px
>>29587800
Still hoping for Dragon Dance Egg Move this time, there's a new if slim chance of Jangmo-o line passing it down to him.
>>
>>29587774
Sauce
>>
File: 1469815071768.jpg (512KB, 1059x1500px)
1469815071768.jpg
512KB, 1059x1500px
>>29587838
Here's the full page. You should be able to do the rest.
>>
>>29587820
not likely, unless jangmo-o is in the bug egg group for some reason. unless we get a bug dragon flygon's only hope for getting dd is chain breeding.
>>
>>29587856
I was talking about Garchomp you sillybean.
>>
File: garchomp.png (215KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.png
215KB, 640x495px
>>29587856
oh, my apologies then
Still, if gamefreak wanted garchomp to have dragon dance then he would have gotten it by now, and with megachomp being a thing GF certainly doesn't wanna give brochomp both speed and damage at the same time.
>>
>>29587147
Tabu Bulu got the short end of the stick.
Not only is grass/fairy a questionable typing, but its own ability nerfs ground moves - which it NEEDS to combat fire, poison and steel types, as they all resist BOTH of its STABs.
>>
>>29587948
Watch them give it Earthpower (LAND Guardian) and have like 110/120 in both offensive stats.
>>
>>29587928
Never underestimate GF idiocy and flip-flopping.

>>29587948
>which it NEEDS to combat fire, poison and steel types, as they all resist BOTH of its STABs.
That's what his future buttbuddy Heatran is for.

Also, Bulu can always get Earth Power, would be able to run a nice mixed set if so.
>>
>>29587698
>>29587723
Even though the effect doesn't help Fini at all it dragon-proofs the rest of its team until it wears out. Fini + 5 Dragon-neutral non-Dragon mon teams will shut down the most common dragons.
>Xzard cannot beat anything that resists Fire while not being weak to Ground; even Wisp lures don't work because misty terrain prevents major status conditions
>Garchomp cannot beat anything that resists Ground while not being weak to Fire, so the other way around; at least it can still set pebbles
>Lati@s can sorta manage even without Dragon STAB, but their wallbreaking prowess will still tank when not using Draco Meteor
>Dragonite becomes straight up shit, except for its meme SubDDFly set
>Hydreigon - see Lati@s

M-Altaria and Kyurem-B are the only two common Dragons that don't care about these Fini teams.
>>
>>29587671
Water has enough. You want boosted water moves you have rain for that and I'm sure you can stack terrains with weather effects
>>
>>29587964
>>29587969
hate to say it, but
>implying bulu won't have shit spattk
>>
>>29587981
>Water has enough.
Tell that to Masuda and his water-type fetish.
>>
>>29587637
This.

I mean if anyone remembers Solrock and I can't blame you for forgetting it exists the thing gets Overheat of all things despite being a physical rock type.
>>
>>29587997
Just Leech Seed on the switch and enjoy those gains then. It's okay to have weaknesses.
>>
File: I see.jpg (75KB, 277x256px)
I see.jpg
75KB, 277x256px
>>29588053
or use natures madness I suppose.
nothing likes loosing half it's health.
>>
>>29587849
Not him, but thanks. That was worth it. You're an alright dude.
https://saucenao.com/search.php?dbmaski=32768&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg1.saucenao.com%2Fres%2Fnhentai%2F67706%2520%2528429444%2529%2520--%2520%255BDraw%2520Go%2520%2528Souichi%2529%255D%2520BakkonMaster%2520%2528Pokemon%2520and%2520Idolmaster%2529%2520%255BEng%255D%2520%257Bdoujin-moe.us%257D%2F4.jpg%3Fauth%3DRzbjO-KubgOSvZbt1GkdZA%26exp%3D1478012508
>>
>>29588099
>Loosing
>>
>>29588131
ok, yeah, I messed up the spelling. still, could it work?
>>
>>29587969
>That's what his future buttbuddy Heatran is for.
Heatran is everyones buttbuddy.

The thing is a fucking whore, it's basically been on just about every single successful team in near every format.
>>
>>29588404
Remember when people thought he'd be a shitmon that would barely be UU during the start of Gen 4? Good times.

>>29588301
Of course it would. Being able to chop half while investing nothing in offense because you are bulky defensive why won't you die son of a bitch who has in-built lefties is a pretty good deal.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.