[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite region and why is it your favorite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: HNI_0079.jpg (37KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0079.jpg
37KB, 400x307px
What's your favorite region and why is it your favorite?
>>
>>29579661
Johto

>comfy
>perfect amount of 251 mons
>likeable gym leader/E4 designs like whitney and jasmine and karen
>memorable osts like ecruteak city
>best rival with cool backstory
>bonus points for introducing day/night cycle, breeding, first female trainer and good post-game
>>
Orre

Because I love the atmosphere in the original
>>
>>29579797
>>29579830
first and second post best post

as a side note for Orre I like how it's edgy without blatantly stating that everything sucks and having every character complain about how everything sucks; it actually shows you how much of a shithole the place is
>>
File: pixiv33640162.png (269KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv33640162.png
269KB, 480x300px
Comfy as FUCK
>>
>>29579797
seconded on everything
>>
>>29579797

>perfect amount of 251 mons
>best rival with cool backstory
>bonus points for introducing day/night cycle, breeding, first female trainer and good post-game

Those are not arguents, those things have nothin to do with the region
>>
>>29580043
I just said why you love it.

'A cool rival' is a reason as to why you like that region.
>>
>>29580081
Nope, That is a reason to why you like the games
>>
>>29579661
Would anyone believe me if I said that image in the OP is what got me into Pokemon.

I always had this weird fetish for flow charts from the complicated to the basic and when I was seven I saw that scene on TV and when the flowchart came up I was automatically interested.
>>
>>29580126
Are you fucking autistic?
>>
>>29579661
Hoenn.

It's simply because RSE were one of my first games. I loved the music, the story, the pokes, and just thinking about Hoenn brings back fond memories from my childhood.
>>
>>29580226
Story is not equal to region.
Rival = Story
OST = Region
>>
>>29580126
The rival comes from the region

>>29580043
>the region's pokedex size has nothing to do with a refion
>>
>>29580226
This isn't a favorite gen thread. It's about the literal regions.
>>
>>29580274
Please stop posting.

The story and the OST are both parts of the region.
>>
File: IMG_0309.png (54KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.png
54KB, 250x188px
>>29580127
Fap to this!
>>
>>29580312
I like Hoenn Games, Pokemon and Story, but I dont like the region
>>
>>29579661
Sinnoh
Pianos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qteowg4-D-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpkr49RioHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPJ3Tf1EC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBO3l4K7HU
>>
>>29580312
No it isn't. Otherwise Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2 would have the same story, because they share the same region.
>>
>>29579797
forgot to add

>favorite box legendaries and legendary trio
>national park
>headbutting trees was fun
>>
File: 1473482637071.jpg (2MB, 1730x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1473482637071.jpg
2MB, 1730x1530px
>>29579661
Either Kanto or Hoenn.

Kanto has a great simplicity to it, it gives me a nice Earthbound feel. It has a modern feeling that I think only it and Johto really have. As pokemon went on it got more fantastical, with stuff like castles popping out of the ground and weapons that could kill humanity. I appreciate those, N's castle is one of my favorite areas in the series even, but the grounded feeling of gen 1 and 2 feels a bit more unique. Gen 1 is pretty hard to bear but luckily we have FR/LG.

Hoenn was my first real experience with pokemon so I have quite a bit of nostalgia for it. I like a lot of locations like Fortree City, the underwater pathes, and the abandoned ship. It feels like a nice place to live but with alot of cool places to explore. It also helps that I feel Hoenn has the best designed pokemon in the series overall, lots of great designs.
>>
>>29580386
The fuck logic is this? Why can't Unova change in 2 years?
>>
>>29580386
>No it isn't. Otherwise Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2 would be in different regions, because they dont share the same story

Fixed
>>
File: 1464506421182.gif (393KB, 475x320px) Image search: [Google]
1464506421182.gif
393KB, 475x320px
>>29579661
>Johto
>Like the first post said, its comfy
>Some of my favorite mons are from Johto
>HG/SS has the best post game and features
>Actually remember most of the Gym leaders and E4 as opposed to the other games where they're literally whos.
>No other game allows you to battle in post game facilities with your friends

Goddamn it Gamefreak fucking why.
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (111KB, 894x894px)
IMG_0310.jpg
111KB, 894x894px
>>29580407
Greetings, fellow Gen 3 fag!
>>
>>29579661
Unova 2.0
I like the story better than the first games, the Pokemon selection was better after the cut the crap with the only Unova Pokemon idea from the first game.

Also three words:
POKEMON WORLD TOURNAMENT
>>
>>29580414
It did change, which is why you're wrong.
>>
>>29579661
Is it bad that I like Wrath better than Toed?
>>
>>29579797
You could have just said it was your first pokemon gen
>>
>>29580465
That isn't the Region
>>29580444
>Actually remember most of the Gym leaders and E4 as opposed to the other games where they're literally whos
That is not Region
>>29580407
This guy get's it
>>
>>29579661
Hoenn, because I'm a hoenn baby.
>>
File: 1455471475830.png (1MB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1455471475830.png
1MB, 1024x1463px
>>29580330

I love branch evolutions
>>
>>29579797
THIS TEE BEE EIGHT
>>
File: 1419822641267.png (73KB, 246x247px) Image search: [Google]
1419822641267.png
73KB, 246x247px
Daily reminder that Johto is for Kanto what Scotland is for Britain

Daily reminder that Hoenn was the first truly unique post gen 1 region after that wasn't just another region's complement

Daily reminder that if it wasn't for Ecruteak and the Kanto postgame Johto would be forgettable as fuck with its pathetic antagonists, awful dex and overall boring routes
>>
>>29580521
i wouldnt really care about the region itself.

good osts and mons being available in said region, and what kinds of gyms ill be facing are the only reasons why id apprieciate a region.
>>
>>29580330
Well I'm not as easily impressed now that I'm older.
>>
>>29580604
>kanto post-game
agreed that it helps gen 2/4 to be more popular among players
>pathetic antagonists
valid complaint, it was disappointing that they had to reuse team Rocket
>awful dex
>overall boring routes
opinion is not fact
>>
>>29580492
The region can change over time
>>
>>29580650
I know I was trying to quote this
>HG/SS has the best post game
>>
>>29580521
>characters in a region don't count to a region

>>29580604
But Johto has the vest route layout, with the best ratio of land to water, sea cliffs, mountain roads, and several routes with multiple paths
>>
Sinnoh. At the time, there was a lot of uncertainty about the future of the franchise.
>>
>>29580812
half of the dex was Kanto babies and evolutions, only Sinnoh manages to be worse than that

Johto's professor got out-shined by Oak on his own game

Johto's gyms all use kanto mons even though the few good mons on the dex would fit there just fine (and this without pointing out how easy they are even for pokemon standards)

Johto couldn't have fire or rock gyms because Kanto already had them
>>
>>29580880
>with the best ratio of land to water
i never understood this complaint, why is having too much water a bad thing?
>>
>>29580444
>>29580449

So much to explore, and a ton of mysterious places. Hoenn is perfect.
>>
>>29581241
>ORAS was shit
>there will never be a Hoenn remake with the HGSS features
fucking hell
>>
>>29579661
Hoenn, because I am a Hoennbab who unironically likes watertrumpets.
It also reminds me of my childhood because I used to live in semi-tropical seaside locations for the first half of my life, and they were far more interesting than the desert/mountain shithole I live in now.
>>
>>29581128
Yeah, but the region has some of the most memorable gym leaders

>>29581181
Because water is the least interesting variant of the overworld
>>
>>29581128
>he hasn't seen the Kalos and Alola dexes
>>
>>29579661
Sinnoh
the variety reminds me of home
>>
>>29580604
is that the bully nigga from Phineas and Ferb?
>>
>>29586382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dVwueG-7ok
>>
>>29586407
properly spooked, thanks anon
>>
>>29579661
I know I'm going to get shit for this, but Kalos. And, to stave off the initial dismissal, I started playing with Red, and have played every Gen as it released.

>Contains the vast majority of my favorite Pokémon designs
>Pokédex split up into areas of the region, giving you something achievable to work towards during main play, rather than something to work on after finishing the game
>Several gym leaders and E4 members provided interesting new takes on types that had already been represented previously
>Entire region doesn't revolve around ANCIENT FORGOTTEN BEASTS OF LEGEND
>Geographically, reminds me a lot of where I grew up
>Bonus points for customization, an actual group of friends that you interact with, and introducing megas

Mind you, the story's utter shit and makes no sense.
>>
>>29579797
The only problem I have with Johto is that for every good, memorable town there's an equally forgettable one.
>>
I like all of the regions, but I'd probably have to say that Johto is my favorite. The others are great, but I think Johto was consistently good throughout. Gold and Silver captured a very distinct and different feeling than the original games did. There were a lot of areas designed specifically to have the player go back to re-explore, something Kanto kinda did with the Power Plant, Unknown Dungeon and Viridian Gym, but that's nothing compared to the Siblings of the Week, Union Cave, Dark Cave, Ruins of Alph, Goldenrod Underground's shopping stalls, the fact that Johto pinches together halfway through to connect Violet, Goldenrod, and Ecruteak without having a city/series of gates middleman. It felt like you could go back anytime, and going back would net you something in a surfable corner, perhaps.

I also feel like there was lastability and a deep impression left from playing those games. Like each town is memorable for something, whether it's as simple as "Cherrygrove is the place where you get the map card" or something like "Violet city has Sprout tower full of monks." There was a lot of feeling conveyed through the style of the region. Goldenrod was a big city that somehow felt more significant than Saffron did.

And, when I played through Heartgold, I was surprised how much stuff was implied that I could imagine when I was younger that wasn't even stated. I remember getting to Azelea with my Quilava and checking on it to see how it felt and getting a message about it sniffing around and enjoying the scent of wood and smoke in the air, something I thought about as a kid anytime I played through Azelea.

And maybe it was because it did all of this before the other regions, so since they didn't pioneer it it's not as fresh, but it feels like no other region has quite captured the same feeling as Johto so consistently.

Plus the route music blows the tits off any other region.
>>
Sinnoh

>varied landscapes
>some really great towns, like Canalave
>great routes like 216+217
>great post-game areas
>the soundtrack

Everyone bitches about D/P as games, and I agree with a lot of the criticism. But Sinnoh is a great region.

Making your way up Mt. Coronet while that amazing atmospheric music plays, it's just epic.
>>
>>29581181
In the old games? Because it looks the fucking same. Endless water tiles with no depth or variance or landmarks to go by. It'd be like if all patches of land were just one tile rather than roads, grass, bushes, trees, ledges, rocks, etc.

Plus when the encounter rate is the same as being in a cave, sometimes you just want to enjoy exploring without being interrupted every 10 seconds by a wild Pokemon or a prompt to renew your repel.
>>
>>29586577
Sinnoh is probably one of the best well thought out regions, if maybe having a little trouble making some routes memorable.

It's just a shame the games are blindingly slow.
>>
>>29579661
Sinnoh because comfy piano and different day/night music
>>
if sevii islands dont count, then hoenn

i just love the adventurous vibe to them that the other games dont really have
>>
>>29579661
Kalos because it's the most comfy and has the best towns.
>>
>>29580043
retard alert
>>
>>29579661
Personally Johto

The region reminds me of home with its mostly rural, countryside landscape with very few cities.
The gym leaders actually were a challenge compared to leaders of the later gens with whitney with her Milktank, Karen with her overleveled dragons etc.
I like that it had team rocket but that team rocket didn't come across something that will end the whole world unless you stop it. Team Rocket were just doing criminal stuff and made Johto its turf and you had to clear them out.
The ost really did bring out the comfy feel of the countryside. Like the music is so memorable I can sing the tracks to myself and I haven't played a johto game in years.
>>
>>29586680
>if sevii islands dont count

Why wouldn't they count?
Good taste, also.
>>
>>29586680
Sevii does count. Its a separate region from Kanto

>>29586530
Johto? That's a bigger problem with Sinnoh and Hoenn for me. The only super forgettable Johto towns are Cherrygrove and Frontier Access. And even then I remember Cherrygrove as the place to get Starly
>>
File: total of Pokémon.jpg (82KB, 651x1000px) Image search: [Google]
total of Pokémon.jpg
82KB, 651x1000px
>>29579661

I don't have a favorite region.
>>
>>29579661
Sinnoh because platinum has the comfiest post-game

>isolated island with boss fights and legends
>great routes
>decent content and good pokemon selection

It's like a little game all in itself. Hell, I've boxed my team post e4 and nuzlocked it
>>
File: scyther.gif (13KB, 329x322px) Image search: [Google]
scyther.gif
13KB, 329x322px
here it is
>>
Unova? I get why people hate it, but at the very least its atmosphere is cohesive compared to Kalos, and the additions to it in B2W2 are some of the best things in the series. Clay's Mines are a great place to train and find a couple of legendaries, Marine Tube is an excellent twist on the many bridges of Unova, and I dare you to find a better final route then Route 24 before the best Victory Road yet. That's right you can't, because the other games have no proper route before the Victory Road.
>>
Kanye and Johto, when Pokemon was a simple adventure and didn't start trying way too hard for its own good.

You had to stop a criminal organization because they were terrorizing people and Pokemon, but you weren't literally the only ten year old prodigy in the way of the fucking apocalypse every time.

There were rare and mysterious legendary Pokemon, but they were still just Pokemon, not the lords of time and space, creatures that can create or drown entire continents, LITERALLY GOD or LITERALLY DEATH or DIGIMON INVADERS FROM THE DIGIMON DIMENSION

The goal at the end still to become the goddamn Pokemon master. You solved the villain's plot because they were in the way of your quest. As of Hoenn and everything afterward, it's all about unraveling the grand scheme of some existence-threatening idiot and his sycophants, and oh by the way there's some obligatory gyms and a league

I like almost all of the Gen3-Gen7 Pokemon and I love a lot of the new mechanics and things that those generations have brought along. I'm just weary of having to save the frigging universe. When you put the stakes at maximum every single time, it gets old. Just give me some adventure and mystery, cool caves and locations to explore, some puzzles and humor and challenging encounters along the way.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.