[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ hate poketubers? Pic unrelated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

File: mQSzmo8.jpg (824KB, 990x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mQSzmo8.jpg
824KB, 990x1200px
Why does /vp/ hate poketubers?
Pic unrelated.
>>
File: HNI_0090.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0090.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>29579386
Do poketubers pay their taxes?
>>
>>29579386
Because they're all autistic man-children, bar Haydunn.
>>
File: decidueye-hood-closed.png (182KB, 714x1200px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye-hood-closed.png
182KB, 714x1200px
Generic youtuber with a generic pokemon mascot who do trivia videos that everybody already know like "hey did u know that there is baned episode in the anime?????!!!!!! :ooo" or shitty theories that don't make any sense.

The real question is, why do you like poketubers? (by the way, fuck that name, it suck)
>>
>>29579386
They have literally no entertainment value. Just clickbait, late news, and retarded speculation.
>>
>>29579504
Can you tell me where I mentioned that I liked them?
>>
>>29579740
Just like /vp/
>>
WHAT GOOD [insert vague name for followers] HERE IS ME [insert youtube name] HERES MY STUPID BAD IDEAS AND POKEMON GO PART 47!
nah
>>
>>29579423
>>29579740
Seems like /vp/ sees itself in poketubers.
No wonder it hates them.
>>
>>29579386
1. I don't like youtube / youtubers in general. I used to, like a bunch of other fucking people, but over the last 3 or 4 years I've really come to despise it. It's a place for consumers to consume diluded content stolen from somewhere else, posted by other consumers trying to be content producers. That being said, if someone has a youtube channel and is actually producing good original content, 10 out of fucking 10 times they have a site of their own, or a DA or soundcloud, and other ways for people to get their content. It being a breeding nest for normies and being controlled by google doesn't help it's case, but why I hate google is another rant.

2. I hate lets players, but that's just an opinion. I'd rather 100% of the time play a game than watch someone else play one. Even if I can't play that particular game at a particular time, I wait. The occasional gameplay footy to see if it's a game I'd like nonwithstanding. I don't really understand why anyone likes letsplayers, but I think it has to do with the youtuber having a personality. Like maybe people will watch some rando play minecraft for hours because they like hearing that person talk. That's fine honestly, doesn't bother or affect me, and I do weird shit too like listen to tech podcasts or va interviews for the same reasons.

3. Poketubers are the worst of both of those reasons. Even so, I don't hate poketubers really. What does <some poketuber> do that I dont do? The answer is nothing, me and <some poketuber> are pretty much the same damn person. We both spaz out about pokemon and research lore and obsess over every detail and speculate and discuss posibilities. What I really hate are the fans of poketubers. The people who let the poketubers do those things for them, then go on crusades for their chosen diety. Really, I in a twisted way admire poketubers the same way you can kind of 'admire' the charisma of hitler. inb4 >>>/pol/.

>tl;dr
I'm a jaded fuck, and I hate fun.
>>
Jwittz doesn't do all that bullshit with clickbait and shit. At least he got a decent looking wife too
>>
>>29579847
We know it's you, Verlisify.
>>
File: sylveon vs hydreigon.png (294KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
sylveon vs hydreigon.png
294KB, 800x485px
Because watching other people play video games is boring and dumb when you could just be playing it yourself.
>>
>>29579874
t-tyrone?!
>>
Who would your top 3 worse poketubers be?
>>
>>29579874
Also like jwizz
However he has been pretty shitty lately.

It's mostly been late news.
I liked him more when he talked about the card game because I don't know much about after like gen 2 and I've been wanting to get back into it
>>
File: No man's sky.png (299KB, 403x364px) Image search: [Google]
No man's sky.png
299KB, 403x364px
>>29579946
Verlisify
Hydros
all reactors and mexicans
>>
>>29579946
Verlisify
Tamashi
And that Dobbs cunt.
>>
>>29579983
CheezeWhiz's busy with working at Twitch now, so he's in decline as a YouTuber.
>>
>>29579872
>lets players

Really I think lately lets players are being supplanted by streamers. Watching a streamer is after all kind of a unique experience over watching a lets player or playing it yourself, because you can interact with the streamer and the other people watching them though chat.

Speaking of which, Vinny apparently will stream Sun or Moon. I'm definitely going to watch that.
>>
>>29580223
To this day I've never watched a stream that wasnt evo or blazblue socal footage, and probably never will.
>>
>>29580223
vinny plays pokemon? i thought he said he only played red
>>
>>29581537
He also played Y, but that's it as far as main series goes. He's trying to get back into it and already streamed the demo.
>>
>>29581833
oh cool shit, hope he hasnt been spoiled by the leaks, i want to see his reactions
>>
>>29579386
Can't bring myself to watch them because I really don't care enough about whatever they're saying. I think I watched some of the guy with the alchemy theory and couldn't handle his shit acting.

And Versilify looks extremely punchable.
>>
>>29581922
Lockstin? That's the alchemy guy.
Good theory, shit video. It's a shame because Lockstin's a pretty chill guy and the video could've been interesting but it was ruined because of the cringy acting.
Definitely a bad first impression for anyone getting into the Pokemon theory videos.
>>
>>29581848
He hasn't.

See:
https://youtu.be/-aQTU3Nnuko?t=1h16m10s
>>
>>29579386
I don't HATE Poketubers, and I've never participated in a thread pertaining to them about now but...

I can see why we wouldn't like them.

>They know just as much, if not way, way less about Pokemon than the average /vp/ user does. No reason for us to read news from them when most of the news originates here or from Twitter users we follow.
>Despite this, most of them make really vague, speculative videos that seldom make sense, and make actual revenue-- actual money-- from uninformed casuals. It's something we could all do. Maybe some people are upset that they're too awkward/not skilled enough to produce videos of their own? I don't know.
>In Verlisify's case, they try to provoke other people on Twitter and shit and spark childish, unnecessary debates.
>All around, I've yet to watch a Poketuber who didn't just seem like a gigantic child.

I just watched TyranitarTube or whatever his name is for the first time yesterday, and he couldn't even go a sentence without stuttering or fucking up or using weird diction while piggybacking on other content (I think it was him rehashing SciresM's leak vids but with significantly less content). They all just seem like toddlers-- enthusiastically grasping at the basics of something that's brand new and exciting to them, but no inherent depth or experience in the matter, opting not to delve further as they grab onto the next piece of old news of speculative rumors. That's the weirdest part-- aren't most of them fairly experienced/attend tournaments even?

Still, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they've found a middleman of profit and content creation centered around something they love. That's more than what I, a simple wagecuck, can say. Even if they're childish, the only absolutely shit-tier personality Poketuber I can think of is Verlisify. Unnecessary vitriol, insistent on shoving their opinion down everybody's throats, antagonistic, etc.
>>
>>29579874
what does his wife have to do with his content you horny pre teen?
>>
>>29582052
>Entire video ruined because of a small part of it has bad acting that's not even meant to be taken seriously

you retarded, dude?
>>
>>29579386
That's like asking "Why does /pol/ hate niggers?"
>>
The only reason I'd watch a Pokemon YouTube video is to see a cool Doubles match.
>>
>>29582311
Is there a bunch of graphs, statistics, and articles for why /vp/ hates poketubers?
>>
Gamexplain is just as bad as verlisify for view whoring during leak season. Fucking 10 min video with 4.5 min explaining how they found it and what else is coming on the channel or whatever then, "oh yeah there's a new pokemon and it's cool. Thanks for not using adblocker so I can get my shekels" then another 5 minutes analyzing the mon. Like the one on the tcg box right before the demo.
>>
>>29579423
Haydunn is chill.
Shofu is kinda cringey sometimes but i like some of his videos.

All of the others are super cringey though.
>>
>>29582479
They don't even fucking care about spoilers in their thumbnails.
>>
>>29582479
I laughed at this. So fucking true. GameXplain is so shitty, but to be fair it's seemingly the biggest, most comprehensible hub for all things Nintendo, yeah?

Definitely doesn't redeem their bullshit.
>>
>>29579423
Haydunn is a smogonfag, that makes him as terrible as shofu and all those other smogon loving faggots
>>
>>29582983
Didn't see you come in, Verlisify.
>>
>>29582983
Thank you Verlsify of unhealthy community!
>>
>>29579386
i only watch shofu cause i think he's funny idk
>>
File: 52c.jpg (73KB, 680x951px) Image search: [Google]
52c.jpg
73KB, 680x951px
>>29579386
COURTNEY IS ALWAYS RELATED
>>
>>29587038
this is one of the worst courtney pics
how do you fuck up the face that badly
>>
File: tumblr_n8yiznN1jj1tdqeryo1_400.png (128KB, 306x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8yiznN1jj1tdqeryo1_400.png
128KB, 306x376px
>>29587426
Also cowtits.
10/10 completely awful
>>
Chuggaaconroy's alright, but I guess he's not really a Pokétuber. His Pokémon LPs are pretty high quality though. He's so thorough that it's pretty much a walkthrough. It all depends on how you feel about bad puns, I guess.
>>
>>29582983
Verlis, please do the entire world a favor and jump off a brige.
>>
>>29582229
>>They know just as much, if not way, way less about Pokemon than the average /vp/ user does. No reason for us to read news from them when most of the news originates here or from Twitter users we follow.
>>Despite this, most of them make really vague, speculative videos that seldom make sense, and make actual revenue-- actual money-- from uninformed casuals. It's something we could all do. Maybe some people are upset that they're too awkward/not skilled enough to produce videos of their own? I don't know.
>>In Verlisify's case, they try to provoke other people on Twitter and shit and spark childish, unnecessary debates.
>>All around, I've yet to watch a Poketuber who didn't just seem like a gigantic child.
this is so true. Most of them come to forums to see what people are speculating and so make a video to casuals. That's it. I already seem poketubers copy pasting some ideas i put in some famous forum.;;; nothing against, but just aren't interesting or original.
>>
Perfect example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjk6htDYmTo
>>
>>29579386
most of them are loser that they think they are famous and attention seekers,
>>
>>29588687
Chuggaa's a nice boy
>>
>it's a 'Youtuber using a cartoon avatar to protray themselves because they are fat/ugly/autistic' video
>>
I like Chuggaa, even if he strictly doesn't count as a Poketuber. He genuinely puts effort into his videos and they're comfy. I'm not one for LP's but I've always enjoyed watching him.
>>
File: 1477821966664.jpg (167KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477821966664.jpg
167KB, 1280x960px
>>29580035
>>29579991
confirmed faggots
>don't reply idc what you say
>>
>>29579386
I've never seen a more clickbaity 'community' than Poketubers.
Then again with shit-all news you need all the clicks you can get.

So sick of seeing them in my recommended section too despite clicking not interested.
Verlisify is the fucking worst though
>omg is this millionth 4chan leak i've done videos on an actual leak??
>ARE WE RETURNING TO KANTO IN SUN AND MOON?!?!?!

Christ.

Not to mention anyone's
>did u know [thing that literally everyone knows at this point]
>>
File: 1473462212460.jpg (229KB, 530x517px)
1473462212460.jpg
229KB, 530x517px
>>29587499
Courtney thread now?
>>
>>29588951
I like to think Nintendo's own official YouTube channels have been directly harming Poke YouTuber channels since what the fuck can they report on?

All the big news happens on Nintendo's own outlets so all they have left is to try and pick it all apart for table scraps, or report on every single 'leak' to come from /vp/.
>>
>>29588991
If you want. :)
>>
Please ban discussion of e-celebs on /vp/.
Discussion of Serebii, Bulbapedia etc is fine, as well as bringing up Joe or Pomf if it comes up, but ban threads created specifically to discuss this shit.
>>
>>29580223
To be honest at a certain point a streamer will become so popular interaction with them becomes little to none, making it not much better than just watching a let's player.
>>
File: 1476761442330.png (489KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476761442330.png
489KB, 600x750px
>>29589918
Why tho? If we're talking about an E-Celeb's pokemon content, it's pokemon related. Do you want more foot fetish threads or something?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.