[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regional Variant Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_8097.png (142KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8097.png
142KB, 540x395px
Hoenn Diglett/Dugtrio
Water/Ground
>>
File: folder.png (22KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
22KB, 460x500px
>>29574268
Spearow and Fearow inspired by eagles and oni masks. Dark/Flying
>>
>>29574268
not enough fabio hair
>>
File: folder.png (26KB, 769x576px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
26KB, 769x576px
Gulpin and Swalot, based on hallucinogenic gases. Poison/Psychic.
>>
>>29574356
Why he scream

Ice/Fairy-type Narwhal Wailmer and Wailord w/ Thick Fat
Ghost/Fire-type Drifblim w/ Levitate for the sake of irony and Sinnoh Elite Four member Flint for Sinnoh remakes
Poison/Dragon-type Wyrm Arbok w/ Strong Jaw
Ground/Fairy-type Easter Island Head Nosepass w/ No Guard
Ground-type Beach Litter Trubbish and Garbodor w/ Sand Force
Grass/Dragon-type Tropius w/ Berserk (the Grass/Dragon typing being based on the same reason as Exeggutor's)
>>
>>29574268
That's not a silly wig anon. Come on.
>>
>>29574405
Gulpin has a drunk personality, doesn't really know where it is and can barely move straight. Swalot has grown sick of the drugs in his body and slowly became immune to them but didn't regain its sanity. Swalot is always flailing and screaming which isn't audible, only to him.
>>
>>29574405
>Easter Island Head Nosepass
so just Nosepass?
>>
>>29574472
...yeah.
>>
ghostpoison
>>
Poison/Steel Fortress based on nuclear bomb
Dark Linoone based on typical thieves
Water/Dragon Tentacruel based on the Kraken
Ice/Dark Rattata based on the Rat King from the Nutcracker

All for the Russia region in gen 8.
>>
Okay, so I just had a thought that came to my mind yesterday. What if Game Freak gave Alola Forms to the Kanto Fossils Omanyte/Omastar and Kabuto/Kabutops based on Twitch plays Pokémon's Lord Helix and Lord Dome? They've already made at least two references to Twitch Plays Pokémon, so there's no reason why they can't make Alolan Omanyte/Omastar and Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops based on Lord helix and Lord Dome respectively.

Here's what I'm thinking in regards to typing:

Alolan Omanyte/Omastar - Fairy/Dark
Fairy has been used for guardian spirit Pokémon before, especially in regards to how Melemele treats the Electric/Fairy Tapu Koko as a Deity. As Lord Helix is viewed as a God in Twitch Plays Pokémon, it would make sense. The Dark-type refers to how Lord Helix represents Anarchy, which is generally considered as chaotic lawlessness that only leads to sinful vices in mainstream society. Also, the Hive Mind generally causes random actions, Of course, Dark-type is called the Evil-type in Japan, and Twitch Plays Pokémon views Helix as the opposite of this, but I'm not sure that a mono Fairy-type would be enough to represent Lord Helix's anarchy theme. Plus, we have Dark-types like Absol, who is merely blamed for causing misfortune despite trying to warn the people instead. I think that would be enough to get way with giving Alolan Omanyte/Omastar a secondary Dark-type.

Alolan Kabuto/Kabutops - Bug/Psychic
This might take a little bit of explaining to do. In the Twitch Plays Pokémon FireRed Randomizer, the Dome Fossil was picked. However, instead of a Kabuto coming out of the Dome Fossil (it was a Randomizer), and Ariados came out instead. Hence, the primary typing would be the Bug-type. The Psychic-type has to do with the fact that Lord Dome represents Democracy.
>>
How about an Alolan form of Vespiquen, that's Bug/Steel due to them being drones that protects the queen, is only male and can only be obtained by evolving a male Combee?
>>
>>29574762
>They've already made at least two references to Twitch Plays Pokémon
What are you talking about?
>>
Maybe Alolan Lapras could be Water/Flying? A flying turtle that can transport people.
Alolan Ursaring = Electric/Fighting for some reason.
Alolan Donphan = Water/Electric (because it's so fast and elephants squirt water)
Alolan Breloom = Grass/Electric
Alolan Torkoal = Ground/Ice.
Alolan Flygon = Bug/Dragon.
Alolan Milotic = Water/Fairy
Alolan Tropious = Grass/Psychic
Alolan Floatzel = Water/Flying (or Psychic/Ghost).
Alolan Chatot = Psychic/Flying
Alolan Yanmega = Bug/Dark
Alolan Zebstrika = Electric/Fire
Alolan Emolga = Electric/Grass
Alolan Bisharp = Dark/Electric
Alolan Helioisk = Electric/Fire
Alolan Trevenant = Grass/Fighting and looks like Groot.
>>
What about some kind of Grass type Alolan Swirlix that it's a cocoa bean/coffee bean/coconut out a chocolate candy looking like a coconut?
>>
Alola Forms for Pokemon that are Foils for Pokemon that ALREADY Recieved Mega-volutions(such as Alolan Butterfree, To Mega Beedrill, or Alolan Clefairy to Mega Gengar, Alolan Fearow and Spearow to Mega Pidgeot, AND even Alolan Marowak to Mega Kangaskhan *hint hint*)
>>
Watermelon Alolan Electrode: Grass/Electric
Coconut Alolan Electrode: Rock/Electric

That's all I care about. I'm not getting Sun and Moon because of this huge oversight anyway.
>>
Crobat: Dark/Flying, Grass/Flying (just makes sense for former, fruit bat for latter)
Wiggs: Flying/Fairy (constantly bloated up like a balloon)
Omastar: Water/Grass (maybe plants and/or algae started growing on its shell?)
Snorlax: Fire, Ice (assuming they adapt to the various mountains/volcanoes in alola)
Primeape: Psychic, Fighting/Psychic (they calm down thanks to the more relaxed nature of alola and that makes them gain psychic powers I guess)
Tangrowth: Grass/Steel, Grass/Rock (its vines became so thick and matted they became about as hard as metal or rock)
Kingler: Water/Steel, Water/Rock (hermit crab?)
Electrode: Water/Flying (going along with a fake rumor, I could see it becoming some sort of beach ball)
Victreebel: Grass/Fire (maybe it becomes some sort of pepper-like plant, which is extremely spicy instead of toxic?)
Starmie: Water/Electric, Electric/Steel (maybe it becomes more techy for some reason)
Pinsir: Bug/Ground (well, its dex entries mention how it burrows at night and has soil cling to it...)
Porygon-Z: Electric (just makes sense)
>>
Venomoth - in Hawaii, the Black Witch moth is the embodiment of a deceased loved one's soul returning to say goodbye.
Possible Dark- or Ghost-type form?
>>
Sableye
Rock/Ghost
It's a gem monster.
>>
File: IMG_8098.jpg (219KB, 965x828px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8098.jpg
219KB, 965x828px
>>
File: IMG_8099.png (505KB, 1600x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8099.png
505KB, 1600x882px
>>
File: IMG_8100.jpg (126KB, 945x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8100.jpg
126KB, 945x846px
>>
The idea of an Alolan Dodrio that's Fighting/Flying has me kinda hyped. I really hope it happens because I've always sorta liked Dodrio but at the same time always found it a little bland at the same time. So a makeover might be really good for it.

Ostriches and cassowaries can kick really hard, in fact the cassowary is pretty infamous for its deadly kicks. I think an Alolan Dodrio that's Fighting could take this idea and roll with it to learn kicking moves. Since the best kicking moves are Jump Kick and High Jump Kick, Reckless seems a good ability for it (although I'm not sure if it would learn High Jump Kick since that involves using the knee going by the Japanese name, while Dodrio would probably be all foot-kicking). Reckless Jump Kick and Brave Bird sounds really fun. You could even make an argument for Tough Claws - I was going to make a Sharp-Toed ability for kicking moves, but Tough Claws already covers that in a way. However Tough Claws is kinda boring, safe and overused as a suggestion (especially just coming off three years of Mega ideas) because it's so good.

So here's my idea for it

Alolan Dodrio
Type: Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Reckless, Anger Point
Hidden Ability: Guts?
Stats: 60/130/100/30/60/80
Changes from original Dodrio: +20 Attack, +30 Def, -30 Sp.Atk, -20 Speed

Some useful moves it could learn: Brave Bird, Jump Kick, Bulk Up (hey, Talonflame and Braviary can get it!), Roost, Knock Off, Pursuit, maybe even U-turn. Regular Dodrio doesn't have a particularly wide movepool, so here's hoping they fluff it up a bit with some more.

Hawlucha would be the faster and weaker Fighting/Flying, while Dodrio can be the slower but hole-punching one.
>>
>>29574268
Love that Dugtrio
>>
>>29574356
That's amazing. What region though?

>>29574868
There's a TPP reference in Nintendo Badge Arcade
>>
>>29575421
fossil fighter lookin ass
>>
>>29574356
Gulpin and Swalot already are Hoenn form Grimer/Muk
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.