[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This whole time I thought GF pulled that Grass/Ghost typing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: grassghost.jpg (60KB, 539x531px) Image search: [Google]
grassghost.jpg
60KB, 539x531px
This whole time I thought GF pulled that Grass/Ghost typing out of their ass...
>>
File: Who.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Who.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>29572697
>>
They were also primarily terrestrial, hence losing flying type.
>>
>>29572831
>primarily terrestrial
>went extinct
Flying owls confirmed aliens
>>
>>29572697
>...
really makes you think
>>
>>29572697
>literally
I think it's figuratively dead.
>>
>it's an extinct owl so it makes sense!

I mean...yeah but...no.
>>
You know, as a Hawaii and someone studying bio, I like that stilt owls are a possibility, but doesn't this seem a little bit like after the fact rationalization? I mean, owls have the whole mistaken for ghosts thing, almost every culture being in contact with a certain animal making it a spirit, being stealthy night time hunters, and gamefreak just not wanting it to die to a cold breeze like torterra/ possibly being the gens greninja. I'd be happy if they gave us more reasoning in the description, but I'm disappointed we didn't get much of anything.
>>
In Hawaiian culture owls are considered to be the descendants of spirits or some shit, so there is that too.
>>
>>29572697
All fossilmons should become part ghost.
>>
>>29572941
I need to proofread.
>>
File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
This isn't just the name of a shitty game series.

Tactical snipers are known as Ghosts.
>>
>>29572941
>>29572944
what about snipers being ''ghosts''?
>>
>it's ghost because it's based on an extinct animal!

Nope, this is a fucking terrible justification and literally no other pokemon based on an extinct animal is ghost type.

It's ghost because barn owls are known as ghost owls because of their spooky appearance. That's it. These straw graspy reasons people reach at just to defend the design is hilarious. It's like when people suddenly pretended the sun has NO association with fire just to defend Solgaleo's typing.
>>
>>29573032
I'd really prefer them just stating something like that in the description. They didn't and now we have assume.
>>
>>29572882
>Primarily terrestrial
>terrestrial
They're not primarily extra terrestrial ya dingus
>>
>>29572994
If it's a thing in Japan too, then sure.
>>
File: IMG_5841.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5841.png
42KB, 250x250px
>>29572697
They did
>>
>>29572697
It's not because of that. It's because of the mythology involving the owl it was on:

>"Owls are all about legend and folklore and have been for centuries. They have a special place in Hawaiian mythology. It is said that they rescue souls from the underworld and safely guide armies. Legend has it that the God Kāne became an owl once to protect the Hawaiian people."
>>
Also owls used to be the cause of a lot of ghost stories in murrica.
Barn owls specifically
being white and flying almost silently
>>
>>29572697
that ain't even a Hawaiian owl that fucker's from Cuba, look it up

also literally no other Pokemon based on an extinct animal has ever been a Ghost type. this is some "water starters are based on weapons!" tier grasping.
>>
>>29572697
You people can't seem to accept that Decidueye is Ghost because it's a nocturnal sniper, not because it might be based on some obscure extinct owl.
>>
>>29573421
Theory is pretty reachy and the picture is of the wrong owl, but stilt owls were still a thing. Just stating that. Not supporting a theory that doesn't even use the correct picture. There probably aren't even any illustrations. It's not the most popular species to study.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilt-owl
>>
File: original.jpg (199KB, 1024x1044px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
199KB, 1024x1044px
>All fossils should be Ghost/Rock
>All Grass Starters should be Grass/Ghost
>>
>>29572697
I mean the lore makes sense, but it still doesn't look like a Ghost type.
>>
>>29572697
Thank you for cropping out that niggers name he stole that tweet off of vp i made a thread about it but it as stolen
>>
Grass/Flying is shit and boring. That's the reason
>>
>>29572697
Except they did pull it out of their asses, Gamefreak didn't comfirm shit yet, not even in the description and every "justification" is just someone's headcanon.
>>
Oh, that explains why Venusaur is a ghost type too!

Wait...
>>
File: 1477273049030.png (32KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477273049030.png
32KB, 400x240px
>>29572697
really op? really?
did you miss the thousand posts about this
>>
do we have a cumfirmed dex with all of the types?
>>
>>29572941
>Stilt Owl's genus is "Grallistrix"
>Second evolution is "Dartrix"
This was 100% planned from the start.
>>
>>29577807
Barn owl's scientific name is "Strix alba." Try again.
>>
>>29578051
Strix is a different genus of owls, mostly living. Grallistrix is four specific species, all Hawaiian native, all presumed terrestrial, all extinct.
>>
>>29572941
What's it like being a bunch of islands? Where do you access the internet?
>>
>>29578524
Because strix is a genus of owls. There are a fuckton of owls that have "strix" in its name. The stilt owl isn't a special snowflake.
>>
File: Quercus_Alba.png (276KB, 406x375px) Image search: [Google]
Quercus_Alba.png
276KB, 406x375px
First Dartrix's design and now this. I truly see what it's based on. The scientific name of a barn owl is Strix alba as is part of Dartrix's name. Now Decidueye is a progression of this, and it even prevents its opponents from leaving. It's even named after deciduous trees. This pokemon is based on Extraterritorial Rights!
>>
>>29578599
Wifi or a router silly. Most people kinda get stir crazy, and they want to get out as soon as possible. I like marine bio as well native plants/ ecosystems and such, so I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>29572697
> why aren't fossil pokemans ghost type
GAMEFREAk
>>
>>29579014
>why aren't zombies ghosts
ANON
>>
>>29578736
Strix as a full genus sure, but only the dead ones from Aloha had strix as the suffix. Placement is key.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.