[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good will the Tapus be in VGC? And in Smogon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Tapu_Koko.png (516KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu_Koko.png
516KB, 1280x1280px
How good will the Tapus be in VGC? And in Smogon?
>>
>>29572410
OU
>>
>>29572410
Nature Power might actually be good
>>
Tapu Koko will likely be more useful in doubles since paired up with Alolan Raichu or anyone else that benefits from his ability is a viable tactic
>>
a tapu koko+politoed lead could be a nice way to have big dommage right from the start in what looks like the less power creep'd meta ever.
>>
>>29572410
Tapu Koko will be good in VGC.
Remains to be seen in Smogon based on its stats, speed tier, etc.

Tapu Bulu will be garbage unless it's a special attacker with Earth Power or a Terrakion with Superpower for coverage.

Tapu Lele will probably be UU since it itself isn't broken but its Ability deters you from opting for priority at the teambuilder stage, i.e. it doesn't pose a threat on its own. Will be great in VGC since priority and Fake Out are critical and the scope is tighter.

Tapu Fini will be OU since it's a Keldeo counter that neither gets burned nor Pursuit trapped, and Water/Fairy helps answer a shit ton of other mons as well. Hard to say about its VGC presence. On the one hand, Tapu Koko will likely be everywhere. On the other, Politoed is the only weather option still in Alola, so Rain could be back with Fini at the reins.
>>
Probably good enough to replace the genies or pair with them in new, rapidly stale ways
>>
>>29572444
and camouflage anon
>>
>>29572504
Talk Koko + A.Raichu + Rain dance seems like it could be fun.
>>
>>29572485
Since Surge Surfer doubles speed, Grass Pelt will be buffed to double defense r-right? I want brogoat to be good ;_;
>>
>>29572543
>garbage
>with a +50% STAB Woodhammer and passive recovery
>>
>Tapus
Literally the new genies. They will be in every team because auto-terrain is damn good, that they are on 580BSTmons is the cherry on top of the cake.

Hope you are ready for the Tapus of Healthy Terrain.
>>
File: 1477576732854.png (211KB, 437x286px) Image search: [Google]
1477576732854.png
211KB, 437x286px
How's about their Tapu Smashu Z move, think it'll be good in practice?
>>
>>29572979
Yeah that'll definitely help it against the Poison, Steel, and Fire types.
>>
>>29574859
>switching doesn't exist
>what's a team ?
>>
>>29574885
You don't get it. They come in for free on it.
>>
>>29574917
>Earth Power
>switch to Heatran
>>
>>29574737
tapu fini might learn brine, which does 65 bp, 110 if opp is under 50% hp, so that might be useful
>>
>>29574944
So then you actually agree with my post and just wanted to pick a fight for no reason.
>>
>>29572410
Tapu Koko also shuts Dark Void spam the fuck down. VGC's going to love the fuck out of it.
>>
>>29574960
Having counters with an obvious counter isn't bad, anon. And a 135 power move is still a lot.
>>
>>29575082
>Having counters with an obvious counter isn't bad, anon.
Again, I don't know why you're loitering on this, unless you just don't recognize the word "unless".
>>
>>29572929
>Brogoat
>using this massive shit instead of simply nuking with Serperior
>>
>>29574737
I don't think so myself. It's essentially a double Super Fang, I think the Z-move slot would be better used on either a stronger mon/move or a double-hitting move in VGC, if double hitting Z-moves exist.
>>
>>29572410
Koko and Fini will definitely be commonly used in VGC. Lele might be good since Talonflame is going to be around. Bulu has potential since there's a ton of water types in the dex plus Grassy Terrain neuters EQ damage from Garchomp which will likely be everywhere.
>>
>>29572410
good
>>
>>29572410
Tapus will be centralizing for sure, each of them has amazing ability so I'm sure at least one of those things will be the first thing to add to your team.
>>
lele is going to be on every fucking vgc team

These things are going to be the new genies
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.