[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: List the best things about your least favorite gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 300px-Kalos_alt.png (148KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Kalos_alt.png
148KB, 300x197px
I'll start:
>VI

>Best box legendaries
>Best looking routes and cities
>Best city
>Nice soundtrack
>Best league design
>Emotional story
>>
>>29571254
>posts gen VI
>describes gen V
>>
>Kalos
>best caves

>>29571254
>best looking routes and cities
>emotional story

Are you talking about Kalos here?
>>
>>29571254
Good lotd, I usually respect people's opinions but this is an exception. What shitty taste you have, sir.
>>
>>29571494
>>29571506
>>29571520
fuck off unovabortion
>>
>try to make a good thread
>unovabortions appears
>full of shitposters now
>>
>>29571494
holy fuck, is impossible to have a thread about region without shitposters saying that unova is better

just
go
>>
I hate Gen 5. But the PWT, Join Avenue, and the White forest tree hallow (or equivalent) should all return in future games IMO
>>
>>29571254
>V

>objectively best soundtrack
>best rivals/companions
>some areas are pretty good like anvil town, royal unova, bridges in general, bw2 poison and electric gyms, chargestone cave, like lots of palces
>>
>>29571254
Generation 5
>Best Battle Facility (PWT)
>Sequels feel like a more justified purchase than some lame third version
>Throh and Sawk
>Some of the hottest Pokebabes
>>
>>29571664
>>29571689
There's 1 unova poster. For fuck sake you people bitching about unova posters are worse than the unovabortions themselves.
>>
Gen 2
>Great endgame in the return to Kanto
>Introduced day/night cycle
>>
>>29571254
>Emotional story
HOW? Your friends were annoying and underdeveloped, the villain is just Hitler and AZ, that had the potential to be interesting, has almost zero screentime
>>
Gen IV

>Nice character designs
>Strongest Rival
>Favourite evil team
>Good post-game
>>
>>29571664
>>29571689
samefag
>>
>>29571664
>>29571689
My post said nothing about Unova lol. Really sensitive
>>
>>29571494
>Gen V
>best box legendaries
On what planet?
>>
>>29571254
>I

It got Pokemon started
two of my favorite Pokemon lines come from it (Poliwag line and Electabuzz line)
>>
>>29571254
I kinda agree with all of the given points by OP.

But still, there's more GF could've done here in terms of execution. There are times that the game felt kinda incomplete.

Not the greatest Pokemon game, but it's decent at best.
>>
>>29571254
Gen 6

Best: Lysandre

I like the guy. Love his design. He's so regal and intimidating. I like that he was a philanthropist who broke because nothing he did actually helped the world get better.

Of course, GF handled him poorly. The region didn't show a reason why he should be so upset. The world is doing just fine. The humans and pokemon are happy and there's nothing showing resources are even close to dwindling. He never really did anything either. He's still my favorite thing about Kalos, though. I think he had potential to be a great antagonist, I guess.
>>
>>29571254
>III

>introduced double battles
>overall map
>best designed legendaries
>dive
>beauty contests
>TRUMPETS
>>
riley and cheryl are there
>>
>Gen 3

>All three starters had a logical, appealing progression.
>Emerald is one of the best pokemon main series titles. Up there with BW2, Platinum, and HGSS.
>introduced contests as something else to do
>Flannery

It's really too bad ORAS reminded me of everything I hated about RS back then.
>>
>>29571494
I came here to laugh at you.
>>
Gen 3

>Good first- and second-form starters
>Introduced abilities
>Introduced Doubles
>Introduced Weather

And everything else was shit. The end!
>>
>>29571254
Johto. I never played GSC, only SS.

>great immersion: hearing the wind, your footsteps, the water, etc is awesome
>Ruins of Alph
>Ecruteak and Bellchime Trail with all those autumn colors are max comfy
>>
>>29573061
>Introduced weather
Pretty sure Sunny Day and Rain Dance have been around since Gen 2, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>29571254
>VI

>wonder trade
>Emma
>new Pokemon were well designed
>>
>GEN VI

Literally nothing,is garbage.
>>
>>29571254
>Emotional story

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>29571254
Generation Wun
>Story may come off as too simple compared to others but at the same time its more basic feeling also makes it more focused and still enjoyable
>its rarer Pokemon at least felt more like they deserved the effort to catch since they are all satisfying to use
>the only generation in which I like every gym leader no matter how much of how little
>take away its fanbase and you have an okay gen than causes less stigma between gens since the generation itself is not the issue but rather the fans that make up the most autistic part of the pokemon fandom
>its pathetic balance is fun to look back at
>gengar, dragonite and vaporeon
>>
>>29571254
With out a doubt best box legends. I was so tired of the big bulky guys. Legends can be mythical looking
>>
>gen III

>The rivalry between two evil teams
>Deoxys is a pretty cool guy
>Great battle music

Still hard to enjoy with all the flaws
>>
>Gen IV

>physical/special split was great
>great champion
>cities felt alive
>first games where the admins of evil team had their own personality
>>
>>29571254
Sinnoh
>best legendary trio
>phys/spec split
>Vespiquen and Kricketune

that's literally the only redeeming shit I can come up with for DPP
>>
>>29571254
>5
>amazing soundtrack
>best battle facility
>good MC designs
>great pokegrills
>>
>gen 4
>I like Torterra, Weavile, Gastrodon, Togekiss, Gliscor and Luxray
>they remade Johto
That's basically it.
>>
best things about gen 6:

>transition to 3D is mostly well-done, most pokemon models look good
>competitive is all-round more accessible: breeding is easy af, getting decent legends is possible too
>soaring in ORAS
>the ORAS OST
>aegislash, trevenant and dragalge are cool designs
>the megas that actually did what megas should've been all along (mawile, sableye, lopunny, beedrill) were actually well handled. oddly these were generally the only ones with decent designs as well
>>
>>29571494
This, besides maybe the legendaries.

>>29571254
>Best box legendaries
Can kinda agree, but Xerneas' real form was only available in battle for some reason.

Literally every route looked the same, and nothing had any personality. No towns were memorable, besides Laverre and Lumiose. I dare you to name as many as you can.

>Best city
I hope you're not talking about Lumiose

>Nice soundtrack
Mediocre at best. A couple gems, though.

>Best league design
It does look pretty nice.

>Emotional story
Please tell me this is bait.
>>
>>29576384
Laverre, Dendemille, Anistar, and Snowbelle are all memorable. They had the best tracks in the game. Basically the entire comfy autumn-winter section of the late game was the best part of Kalos.
>>
File: Kalos.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
I love Kalos but I wished it was redeemed with a third game or sequel or whatever just another game to improve upon its flaws just like how all the older regions were improved in their subsequent games. Maybe they will return to Kalos in gen 7 or soon after if they realize this, or we'll have to wait for possible remakes in 20 years.
>>
>>29576520
This.
I get that Game Freak wanted to do something different instead of constantly making third games, but if they're gonna cut content to rush the game out the door, it's not unreasonable to expect that content to be added at a later date.
>>
>Gen 1/RBY

>the first gen/games so I have to give it credit, Pokemon wouldn't exist without it
>Raichu is one of my favorite mons
>Red is still my favorite male protag
>good soundtrack
>the twist with Green becoming champ was great
>>
>>29577148
>Green
subtle b8, I like it, you can have my compliments before you kys
>>
>>29571254
>Best box legendaries
WTF? Bambi and Ze Carioca?
Kalos only looks good on its mountaineous part
>Best city
Castelia > Lumiose
Saffron > Lumiose
Mauville > Lumiose
Hau'oli > Lumiose
Ecruteak > Lumiose
Lot of cities > Lumiose
>Nice soundtrack
Yes, the only thing you got right
>Best league design
Just fucking no, worst league design. Viola, Grant, Olympia, Diantha just...just no
>Emotional story
Literally my mom's gen I story
>>
>>29571254
Least favorite is probably Gen 6 as well.
>>Best box legendaries
The Box Legendaries are fantastic, though I think I prefer Lugia and Ho-Oh just a bit more though.
>>Best looking routes and cities
Definitely had some of the nicer looking routes, especially later on in the game.
>>Best city
Yeah, when you actually knew where you were going.
>>Nice soundtrack
It was a pretty solid soundtrack. The Trainer Battle theme, Route 15 and the Jubilife City remixes were all fantastic. Though the Gym Leader theme was the absolute worst in the whole series hands down.
>>Best league design
Eh, maybe.
>>Emotional story
lol no
>>
File: 1405982008134.jpg (47KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1405982008134.jpg
47KB, 500x501px
>>29577209
>>
>>29576438
Yes, they just worked in Mountain Kalos. Coastal is shit and Central is completely horrible
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.