[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate based objectmons again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: objects.png (558KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
objects.png
558KB, 800x534px
Why do we hate based objectmons again?
>>
>>29569654
I have no idea. It makes pokemon designs more varied than just animals
>>
Simple: I don't

>muh it's just a key, sandcastle, some gears or whatever. This makes no sense
It's a game. Fantasy and stuff. Just don't think too much about it.
Some random bird spitting fire also makes not much sense, but I never saw someone complain about this.
In my opinion most objectmons actually look pretty nice.
>>
File: pkmn-yabu2.jpg (85KB, 706x395px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn-yabu2.jpg
85KB, 706x395px
>>29569878
Yeah, people tend to forget that they are monsters, not animals or plants.
>>
We don't. Casuals/genwunners do.
>>
>>29569654
Anyone that dislikes the magnemite line has shit taste.
>>
>>29570338
It's a grey ball with an eye and two magnets stuck to it. Wow, it's evolving! Two more appeared. This is a new pokemon,

I hate object based pokemon because they're usually the laziest shit that comes out of each game. The thing's obviously some kind of robot. How hard would it have been to give it a camera for an eye?
>>
Literally a ice cream
Literally trash
Literally a gear
>>
>>29570701
I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd evolution concept myself but it redeemed itself with Magnezone.
>>
File: 1477011965703.jpg (264KB, 1499x1835px) Image search: [Google]
1477011965703.jpg
264KB, 1499x1835px
>>29569654
I don't know, I like a lot of them. My favorite alolamon is the anchor, love this thing.
>>
>>29569654
Because people are too retarded to realize that if you design object pokémon in a different way they won't be representative of that object anymore. At least they have good arguments to their origins, and pokémon like Chandelure have a beautiful design. Also this >>29569675 it would be fucking boring with animals only
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>29570701
>>29570717
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
File: 1476812193588.jpg (25KB, 378x318px) Image search: [Google]
1476812193588.jpg
25KB, 378x318px
>>29570717
Literally my mom's toucan

Wow, such perfect design, I'm 100% that genwunners can digest this.
>>
>>29569654
I love most of them. Bronzor is cute.
>>
>>29569654
gamefreak is lazy enough to put googly eyes on a toaster and call it a pokemon
I think they balance out with the actual designs though
>>
>>29570919
(you)
>>
File: 147px-ORAS_Ruin_Maniac.png (30KB, 147x116px) Image search: [Google]
147px-ORAS_Ruin_Maniac.png
30KB, 147x116px
>>29569654
The based ones are not that hated though. Only the stupid ones. But the answer is the concept, I guess.

A shinto temple bell, jomon doll, rock elementals, haunted lamps and swords, flying saucers, toxic slimes and living machines, are cool concepts for monsters. They have always been a thing in either folk stories, urban legends or rpgs. And they're something that is interesting to find while exploring ancient ruins, haunted houses or abandoned laboratories during your adventure (in most games not just pokemon).

A set of keys, an ice-cream, a garbage bag and a sand castle is not really interesting as a monster, unless your adventure is baby's day out.
>>
>>29571363
The keys are fairies that steal your keys when you need them, the ice-cream is living rocks with snow that just happens to resemble ice cream, garbage bags are anti-tortoro and the sand castle is negative energy of fallen Pokemon coalesced into a malignant entity are all cool concepts for monsters

A bell, a doll, a bunch of rocks, lamps and swords with eyes, a UFO and literal shit are not really interesting as monsters.
>>
File: 1474158974247.gif (431KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474158974247.gif
431KB, 500x281px
>>29572160
>The keys are fairies that steal your keys
Yes when it could be fairies that steal whatever else. So still a set of keys.
>the ice-cream is living rocks with snow that just happens to resemble ice cream
>just
oh so the designers didn't purposely choose to make it resemble an ice-cream?
Still an ice-cream.
>garbage bags are anti-tortoro
Instead of an actual anti-totoro. Still a garbage bag.
>is negative energy of fallen Pokemon coalesced into a malignant entity
In the form of a sand castle. So obviously, still a sand castle.

>are all cool concepts for monsters
Then you should try yokai watch, I guess. I mean it genuinely. If you find that cool, then a piece of living wall, running shoes and a bowl of rice for monsters should be right up your alley.
>>
>>29572981
But those are yokais you giant piece of shit, you don't even know what a yokai is?

Actually, the only Pokemon that can be considered yokai are Ninetails and Dunsparce.

Not even Chandelure or Pallosand, which are ghosts, resembles a bit to yokais or have connection with them.

Drink bleach and die.
>>
Trubbish looks more like a weird cartoon rat than a trash bag.
>>
>>29572981
>>29573836
>brainless weaboo doesn't know shit about japanese culture

You can't make this up
>>
File: 462Magnezone.png (110KB, 431x303px) Image search: [Google]
462Magnezone.png
110KB, 431x303px
I always loved Magnemite and Magneton, but Magnezone never quite clicked with me. I think it's because I always liked their silly staring eyes. So I have a simple change to make Magnezone 'better'.
>>
>>29573836
>But those are yokais you giant piece of shit, you don't even know what a yokai is?
Those are yokai indeed, as stupid as the ice cream and the sand castle even, but that's what you like right? Anyway what's your point?

>Actually, the only Pokemon that can be considered yokai are Ninetails and Dunsparce.
I'm preety sure the psyduck line, seedot line, lotad line, electabuzz line, jynx line, mawile, shuppet line, snorunt line, and spiritomb too. Probably more. Whatever your point is, it seems to me it's you the one that should go learn about it.

>Not even Chandelure or Pallosand, which are ghosts, resembles a bit to yokais or have connection with them.
And? Did I say something like that again?
Either way, neither do the mons from the 3rd yw game that takes place in murrica or whatever, but as far as I've heard the game still calls them yokai or treats them as american yokai. Also ghosts are yokai you know, yuurei and shit.

>Drink bleach and die.
Wow rude. Did I make you angry perhaps? I was just recomending you a game with shit you'd probably like, no need to get so upset.

>>29574053
>doesn't know shit about japanese culture
That's about right. It seems I still know more about it than him even when he was the one who brought the yokai thing. Pathetic

But since you seem to know that much please be sure to enlighten him with your massive nipponese knowledge senpai. Make sure you both cum together too <3
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.