[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gamefreak is trying to remove a lot of bloat from the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0570.jpg (333KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0570.jpg
333KB, 2560x1600px
>gamefreak is trying to remove a lot of bloat from the game
>they have hired you to trim down the list of moves so that there are now only 10 moves of each type
Which moves do you keep/cut?
>>
>>29568681
Wait, they want to gut the game and they're hiring people off the street to do it? I get the hell out of that sinking shit
>>
REMOVE SCALD PLEASE
>>
>>29568681
>trimming moves
>not trimming shitmons.
>>
>>29568681
So its Gen 1?
>>
It'd be better to rework all moves altogether with such a decision.

Each type gets 4 physical, 4 special, 2 status. Both physical and special get progressively increased power/lower accuracy. The same power, accuracy and PP is shared between all types.

One of the status moves increases your stats; the other decreases the opponent's stats, inflicts a given condition if used two times, changes the weather if used three, etc.

The endless bitching about casualization would signal the end of the franchise, but this would be the most adequate way to go about it.
>>
Stealth rocks and Rapid spin are all we need though :)
>>
>>29568681
Trimming down the number of moves is silly, the variety of moves is fun and attractive to me, also you gotta have reasons to use different monsters. If arcanine learned every move in the game I'd probably rarely use anyone else.
>>
>>29568771
>it takes three turns to change the weather
No.
>>
>>29568771
That sounds terrible and boring as fuck.
>>
>>29568681
Get rid of the "leveling up" moves. I.E. anything that is strictly a weaker version of another ability.

There is no reason for moves like Ember and Water Gun to exist. Anything that wouldn't be viable in a competitive moveset should also be trimmed. Likewise, no reason for status moves that increase a stat by 1 stage when there are abilities that increase it 2 stages.

Basically, no type should have more than 2 moves that have no secondary effect.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.