[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come people are loving Luchalitten and Popmaid all of a sudden?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
Last I remembered these two were coming in shit tier on peoples favorite starters lists.
You see a few of their animations and official art and all of a sudden you guys are bumming them?

I bet you fucks were the ones who hated Popplio but loved it as soon as it became waifu bait.

These are the best starters in the whole series and you fickle fucks don't deserve to be in their presence.
>>
File: litten3_.png (2MB, 872x4012px) Image search: [Google]
litten3_.png
2MB, 872x4012px
>>29566045
I liked Incineroar when we thought it was fake in june, though Primarina was only kinda ok to me until the trailer.
>>
>>29566045
If you loved them, you'd use their fucking names.

Been popplio since day one, for the record.
>>
I stan with Popplio since the beginning
>>
>>29566045
Who cares if people like there evolutions
And not basic it happens I didn't even like Oshawatt till samurott

I loved popplio since day one
And it just got better

But i hated litten ,incineroar is 1000x better

Owls pretty average
>>
>>29566045
the people who suddenly "love" decidueye just because it's a ghost are worse.
>>
File: Angry_Snorlax.png (551KB, 634x841px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Snorlax.png
551KB, 634x841px
>>29566045
>best starters in the whole series
>>
I mostly didn't like Popplio because it has a dumb cone snout. Also, it seemed like a smug asshole.
>>
>>29566116
>the people who suddenly "love" decidueye just because it's a ghost are worse.

literally the best water line in the whole game no joke primarina is so elegant and mysterious, and now i realist her hair is water, literal 10/10 design, anyone who hates her is an insecure masculinity-threatened homosexual
>>
File: popp & lit.jpg (42KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
popp & lit.jpg
42KB, 600x430px
>all of a sudden

Anon some of us loved them whole time despite the hate bandwagon people jumped on.
>>
>In these boards: Stockholm Syndrome under process

nice
>>
>>29566169
>And now I realize her hair is water

Her shiny's blonde, though.
>>
>>29566594
Pretend that's pee or something
>>
>>29566693
>pretend that it's pee
WTF
>>
An official confirmation does a lot more than you'd think. I wouldn't be surprised that if they were revealed as official from the get-go, the reaction would've been much more positive. Plus, the flavor text and animation add much more character to them that you wouldn't get from art alone, so naturally a lot of people would suddenly learn to like them a lot more.
Like, from the moment they were leaked I loved all three of them, with Decidueye being the obvious number one for me, but ever since I watched the trailer and saw how much character Incineroar has in its animations, I'm actually starting to have doubts on which starter to choose.
>>
Because this is the first gen since gen 1 where all the starters are good
>>
>>29566045
Literally how /vp/ works.
>design not by gamefreak
>Wow I hate it! Garbage! Thank god it will never be a real Pokemon!
>exact same design, but by gamefreak
>Amazing! It really grows on you! Another fantastic design!
>>
When the starters were revealed, I thought all of them looked pretty cool, but I preferred Litten.

When the starter evolutions were leaked, I was disappointed. Decidueye looked fantastic, but the other two looked like shit.

I STILL think they look like shit, but Incineroar has grown on me a bit due to how lively his animations are in-game. Primarina ruined Popplio and it's the worst starter of all time (and no, I'm not a Balliofag).
>>
>>29566169
I'm a literal homo and I think Primarina looks like fucking garbage, so fuck you anon.
>>
There are many people who will mindlessly love a Pokemon just because it's official and mindlessly hate a design that is not, yet are unable to tell when a design is clearly an actual Game Freak design just from their gut.
>>
>>29566911
>Primarina ruined Popplio and it's the worst starter of all time (and no, I'm not a Balliofag).

lolno Samurott still has that title to this day.
>>
>>29566911
>Primarina ruined Popplio and it's the worst starter of all time (and no, I'm not a Balliofag).

Why? Too feminine for you?
>>
>>29567023
>unironically likes shit owl
No, he just has garbage taste
>>
I liked Primarina since the leaks came out. You realize /vp/ is made up of different people with differing opinions right?
>>
Silent majority.
>>
>>29567023
Im not one of those "s-starters should be gender neutral" faggots, I had no problem with Delphox's femininity, it was the rest of the design that was a problem. Primarina just doesn't look good to me. It's probably because it (and Brionne) is so vastly different to Popplio that it doesn't even look like the same line. Normally I'd tolerate that if the mon has a halfway decent design (like Blaziken) but Primarina's isn't appealing to me in the slightest.
>>
>>29566045
U wot? Primarina still gets way more hate than the other two so it certainly isn't being loved any more than it was before. Litten was always fairly popular, just not as much as Rowlet. Main thing people were worried about was that it'd be fire/fighting, which it isn't.
>>
>>29566045
It's probably because when everyone got attached to the starters and picked their favorites way back in Febuary and March, the people that pick Litten or Popplio don't want to have buyers remorse with pretty misleading starters. I think people wouldn't be having such polarizing opinions on the starters if they revealed them way earlier.
>>
>>29566143
People who bully others for not choosing Decidueye are even worse. Normie starters in general have the worst fucking fanbase
>>
>>29567141
>Primarina gets hate
>Literally a single shitposter samefagging in every thread and doing 10 threads a day
Kekking.
>>
>>29567169
Get lost with your shit taste, it's not our fault that people are intentionally being contrarian assholes by not picking Decidueye.
>>
>>29567184
Not him but I'm not picking Decidueye because it's a grass type.
>>
>>29566856
Made my day
>>
>>29567199
>Not him but I'm not picking Decidueye because I am a contrarian.
Here's a fixed version of your post to show your true feelings on the matter.
>>
File: image.png (128KB, 705x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128KB, 705x453px
>>29567074
>It's probably because it (and Brionne) is so vastly different to Popplio that it doesn't even look like the same line.

Primarina is one of the most straight forward starter evolutions we've had in a long time. It's just a bigger, longer Popplio with hair.
>>
>>29567218
Not him, but why are you so salty, anon?
I'm picking Litten but I like the other two as much, the difference is that I don't let manchildren/autism to ruin any Pokemon for me lol.
>>
>>29566045
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
I didn't like incineroar until the trailer that showed him with animations. He's OK in motion. I always liked the others.
>>
>>29566045
Muh Hazeldex.
>>
>>29567184
Thanks for proving my point, faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (360KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360KB, 1200x1200px
>>29566045

What if I was neutral towards the starters base forms until their evolutions were revealed
>>
>>29567169
well i'm the anon you replied to here, and i'm picking decidueye myself even though i said what i did. but i liked decidueye before all the ghostfags were creaming themselves to it so that's ok.
>>
>>29566045
That's a pretty shit attitude you have there, hipster. People are allowed to change their minds. You can pretend like in-game models and animations aren't a huge factor of now that the games are in 3d, but you're only kidding yourself.

I like Incineroar and Primarina better now that I've seen them in action. Deal with it.
>>
>>29567686
That's fine, I like all three of them a lot. I'm just pissed that some autists think they're superior and are design experts just because they like more popular starter
>>
>>29566045
I think Incineroar has a pretty bad design but I got turned around once I saw it in action because it actually seems like a cool mon despite my problems with how it looks

Fuck you OP there's nothing you can do to stop me
>>
All three are okay. Incineroar disappoints me forever though. I love Litten and Torracat, but Incineroar ruins it otherwise. Basically, I understand now how others felt when they discovered what Fennekin evolved into.

Primarina is definitely the new worst Water starter for the moment. Right down there with Empoleon. I love Samurott because nuzlockes tend to change my opinions
>>
File: 1477858625028.gif (805KB, 395x189px) Image search: [Google]
1477858625028.gif
805KB, 395x189px
>>29566045

because leaked arts were shit, but animation fixed them, also fan arts did great job

here's your (you)
>>
>>29568169
>fixed
more like ruined.
>>
>>29568188

incenaroar is badass as fuck... stop lying...
>>
>>29568224
>badass
furbarabait wrestler, no.
>>
>>29568188
Explain yourself fag
>>
>>29568270
the pose is gay
>>
>>29568247

because wrestlers are barafags in common...
>>
>>29568283
Have you ever played a fighting game?
>>
>>29568285

basically, you all asspulling your denials, it's like hating every single starter for being >based...
>>
I remember seeing these designs back when they first leaked and loved Decidueye, but was sad because they weren't real. Here we are almost 6 months later and they are real.

Primarina is a good design, and some fanart of Incineroar (mainly it vs UB02) made it grow on me.

They're not 10/10 designs, but are definitely up there
>>
>>29566045
When in doubt always go with Water. It's the best type out of Grass, Fire, and Water.

Of course I was choosing Popplio regardless. It always looked like a cute Seal puppy to me.
>>
I always liked them, even when they were on the fake leak tier.

The reason seeing them in action made people like them more is because this gen has given a lot of endearing personality to the new mons.

It's the same reason people might consider an ugly character cute. If said character has a 10/10 personality the flaws in their appearance don't matter so much anymore.

Also Decidueye has always been the weakest for me. The only reason I ever wanted the leaks to be fake was because I felt Decidueye was a step down from Dartrix. However I don't hate it and it's also got a great deal of personality.
>>
>>29567074
This is true for literally all the final evolutions of the starters. So I assume you hate Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina, correct?
>>
>>29568566
based the 4chan artist.
>>
>>29566693
I'd have said Aqua regia
>>
>>29566045
Stockholm syndrome
>>
because
>they got proven official so that means I suddenly have to like it
>>
File: 1477628356798.jpg (119KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477628356798.jpg
119KB, 600x1200px
Loved them when they were leaked, stayed in doubt as to not be disappointed if they were revealed fake. Once they got confirmed all those suppressed feelings can finally see the light and im loving every fanart of them
>>
>>29566045
The problem with Primarina is that it has awkward proportions, and you would have no idea that something so undeniably feminine would evolve from Popplio. It feels like a bait and switch from that perspective.
>>
>>29566045
Primarina has had her fans from day one. As well as her enemies. Her fans and enemies were decided early on basically. Incineroar's popularity truly did seem to come out of nowhere.
>>
>>29567184
>contrarian
Nice meme word you fucking faggot.
>>
When i first saw the leaks back in june i hated them all But all the designs eventually grew on me. Started liking Incineroar after the datamine leaks and at this point I think i like them all equally.
Im also picking decidueye because its a ghost type
>>
>>29566045
Popplio day one, I loved Primarina from the leak, Incineroar is still shit
>>
>>29566045
just as expected, hated from day one, but the second theyre proven real everyone changes their minds
>>
>>29569668
It's like you retards don't understand the concept of "vocal minorities"
Have you checked the thread where they got posted here for the first time? Of course not
>>
We have the real names now. It would be fucking great if people stop using the made-up ones now.
>>
>>29566045
I liked them all from the start, they're fucking amazing
But i do understand their flaws and why people didn't like them
Unless it was the owl because those fucking morons had no basis and would immediately say the lanky oversimplified dogshit known as Owltair was better... fucking autists i swear
>>
>>29566045
Final stage is acceptance, nigga.
Don't you know how denial works?
>>
>>29566045
the in-game models look much better than the leaked character sheets.

Also, hating everything is tiring. I am so tired. We are all so tired.
>>
>>29569693
It would be fucking great if you kept your shit opinions to yourself
>>
File: allsmiles.png (59KB, 220x222px) Image search: [Google]
allsmiles.png
59KB, 220x222px
>>29566045

I loved all 3 & I still love all 3. I think their designs are cute/cool respectively. decidueye a bit of both.
>>
>>29566045
>Tfw you loved decidueye since day one
>>
>>29569274
>Has the body of a human
>The face of a cat

The perfect Pokemon for furry lovers which this fanbase seems to be full of. Why is anyone surprised?

>>29569497

Primarina is the only one who pulls off the anthropomorphic look due to being based off a mermaid.
>>
>>29566169
This. People dont understand that shes based off a female creature, so she has to look like a girl or else the whole concept wouldnt work, which is a supremely awesome one by the way. I'd say a waterbending siren mermaid is well the risk of losing masculinity.
>>
>>29566045
I started liking them when I saw their animations

as always this gen, the official art is shit
>>
>>29566820
>doesn't like all of gen 3's starters.

You're wrong
>>
>>29566045
I think it's the animations and description. Like Incineroar looks eh in the art, but his description and animations are fantastic.
>>
What's up with this revisionist history lately? Here is the first thread about the starters. It was largely positive on most of the starters.

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26606744
>>
>>29572577
How is the official art shit when they look exactly the same?
>>
>>29566045
Incineroar's animations really sold me.
>>
Well, I, for one, hated Incineroar because the early art was shitty and you can't deny it, then it got better and better with fanart and official model.
Only started liking or rather not hating Popplio a few weeks after the reveal, but before the first leaks this Spring. I liked "Poppmaid" from the beginning.

>you fickle fucks don't deserve to be in their presence
Autism.
>>
How did we go from Litten's amazing second stage to his godawful third stage?
>>
>>29573860
Swampert is trash and you know it.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.