[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it viable to start a competitive team, with only gen 1 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 197Umbreon.png (25KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
197Umbreon.png
25KB, 200x200px
Is it viable to start a competitive team, with only gen 1 and 2 pokemon? They're my favorite, but seem to be mostly UU.

My party thus far is:
Umbreon
Dragonite
Slowbro
Snorlax
Alakazam (w/ Mega evo)
Terrakion (Not gen 2, but he's pretty good.)

Not sure how viable this team will be though.
>>
>>29564519
Use:
krabyb
chukirita
tododile
cinderquill
bulbasuar
beedrill
sqiurtle
^_^
>>
>>29564784
ok ty
>>
>>29564519
It's not the best team there is, but it's not bad either.

Umbreon is kinda shitty these days because of the fairies and because Vaporeon and Sylveon can do everything it does, but better.

If I had to build a team around gen 1 and 2 mons it would look something like this:

Gengar
Starmie
Skarmory
Chansey
Heracross (possibly Mega) / Scyther
Tyranitar
>>
>>29564829
Yeah, I've a4 or 5IV Gengar. Might need to put him to use.

Tyranitar would be nice, but I can't find a good trade for one.

Who would your wall be in that team?
>>
>>29564519
You can make anything work as long as they balance each other with respect to the tier you want to play in. I've made it to 1700s in OU with zero OU mons on my team.

The mons you suggested are all pretty great, and could probably comprise a successful team. I think you should just get an understanding of the tier you want to play in if you elect to play by Smogon rules so you can fix your team accordingly.

e.g. in OU, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Scizor, and Life Orb Sand Rush Excadrill can all cut through your team since you have no resists for them.
>>
>>29564829
Why would you even consider scyther over mega scizor

Roost/swords dance/bullet punch/bug bite mega scizor is insanely good

Mega scizor also bulks most hidden power fires without a spD investment seeing as it has the same SpD as mega rayquaza
>>
>>29564855
>Who would your wall be in that team?
Skarmory for the physical side (plus things like spikes, defog, whirlind) and Chansey/Blissey for the special side.

I like building my teams to have 2 special attackers, 2 physical attackers, 1 special wall and 1 physical wall. But that's just me.
>>
>>29564885
>Why would you even consider scyther over mega scizor
I wouldn't. I meant to type Scizor
>>
>>29564855
>Who would your wall be in that team?
That's literally the entire design philosophy behind Skarmory and Chansey
>>
Sry. I'm a fuckin scrub
>>
>>29564829
Vaporeon isn't as good as Umbreon. Foul Play was a huge boon to Umbreon, and Alomomola is better than Vaporeon at Wish passing, which was its one niche over the other bulky waters.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.