[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptcgg/ Pokémon TCG/O General: More Toys R Us Giveaway Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 50

File: Charmander-Toys-R-Us-Promo.jpg (56KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
Charmander-Toys-R-Us-Promo.jpg
56KB, 578x327px
Old >> (Cross-thread)

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking us about your ancient Pokemon cards.

ToTT: Did you go to your local Toys R Us to pick up the Charmander? If so, how long is the line?
>>
>Old >> (Cross-thread)
Nice job faggot
>>
>>29562704

Yes I will go commit sudoku later for my SHAMFUR DISPRAY

Old >>29507616
>>
File: 1477882096967.jpg (215KB, 610x848px) Image search: [Google]
1477882096967.jpg
215KB, 610x848px
Is this an okay card to counter garbodor?
>>
>>29562821
>stage 1
No.
>>
>>29562738
>I can never wrap my head around the fact that the template is a discordian mix of Japanese and English formatting, font, and everything else

It saves TPCi money, that's it.

>Considering that they decided to put Mewtwo in a theme deck, this kind of rarity demotion is par for the course

I know, but you would think that they would try to replicate Base Set as best as possible, even if that means keeping Mewtwo's holo status in the set despite being in a theme deck.

But then again...

>Expecting TPCi to respect anything these days.

Part of me wants to just fly over to Bellevue, WA and kick TPCi's CEO in the balls and knock his teeth out with a brick. Another just wants to see TPCi go under due to a PR fiasco.

>>29562821

Not really, you're giving your opponent a free Prize Card if you miss that coin flip.
>>
>>29563118
>Not really, you're giving your opponent a free Prize Card if you miss that coin flip.
I am by no means condoning Swoobat as a usable card, but are you sure you read that right?
>>
>>29563157
He's saying that if Swoobat doesn't get the fuck out asap he's gonna get raped by anything that looks at him. He's right.
>>
File: beedrill-ex-xy-promos-xy157.jpg (883KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
beedrill-ex-xy-promos-xy157.jpg
883KB, 700x990px
>>29562821
Why isn't this used?
>>
>>29563241

Thank you, that's what I was trying to point out. I guess it was due to using the "miss that coin flip" term that caused the miscommunication.

>>29563283

It's an EX on top of having 20 less HP than usual EXs. The fact that it's exclusive to a box doesn't help it either.
>>
>>29563283
i think beedrill ex can be used with ninja boy
>>
>>29563283
Not him, but that's a 160HP EX that you're suggesting someone use exclusively for a soft-impact utility attack.

You know there are non-EX options that do almost the same thing, right? Try Minccino from FC.
>>
>>29563241

i think it could be used with energy denial and teammates but i'll test to be sure.
>>
>>29563323
>>29563328
I was mostly thinking of using it in Vileplume
Turning item lock on isn't 'soft-impact'
>>
>>29563530
You're wasting a turn using an attack that you can't immediately benefit off of. What happens if they simply play another Float Stone right after? Then you're back under lock and you basically gave your opponent a free turn. All while keeping a 160HP prize pinata in the active.
>>
>>29563561
>What happens if they simply play another Float Stone right after?
Who the fuck runs both hex maniac and garbodor?
>>
>>29563283
swoobat could knock out garb and return back to your hand or trade 1 for 1. you can't recover a beedrill and it gives up 2 prizes.
>>
Is there any way to manipulate the top card of my opponent's deck in standard? I'd kill for another Slowking-style ability.
>>
>>29563157
Are you just looking for any card that can OHKO Garbodor?

'cos, y'know, a lot of psychic types can deal 50 or more damage.
>>
>>29564794
i'd like to know this too.
>>
>>29564794
Not that anon but I asked the question last thread. I was looking for outs to garbodor for my shitty RaticateBREAK/Ariados deck. The thing is the deck only runs DCE so I's looking for mons that can dish 100 with a DCE or psychics that can do 50, preferably basics.
>>
Do I have enough packs for trading to make a decent deck?
>>
>>29565368
>breakpoint
???
But yes.
>>
>>29565402
My friend gave me 40 codes, I didnt choose them.
>>
>>29563883
Feel free to run a 2-2 line that serves nothing else but to clog your deck to kill one pokemon.

If you desperately need a pokemon that OHKOs the garbodor then run the new Raticate that does 60x damage based on how many special energies are in your opponents discard. It's inconsistent but at least it's an option.

>>29563530
Viplume doesn't run a ton of energies as far as I know, I believe it's 4 rainbow and 4 double colorless. Throwing away an energy might not be the best idea, also you'd run this what like 2 or so? You wouldn't see this every game and it'd be hard to actually do reliably.
>>
>>29565368
No. You need minimum 2 Shaymin EX and those are around 22 Roaring Skies
>>
>>29566737
There's a difference between a good deck and a passable deck.

He could easily make a greninja break deck with those cards and that should be decent until Sun/Moon comes out. As soon as the new Giratina comes out, at that point Greninja is a dead deck.
>>
>29561320
>Misdreavus
>no Delinquent
for what purpose
>>
Who going out of their houses today to buy the boxes for Evolution today?
Probably gonna stop by my comic shop today on my way home and buy a box and see what I get since I need some tradeable cards. Anyone think irl Steam Siege packs are gonna go down in price or up with Evolutions out?

I need to buy a few more sleeves too and another deckbox for the my third deck and probably a FOURTH deckbox for my inevitable mawile deck.

>only been playing this game physical for less than a month
>already need 3 deck boxes and a binder

Fuck.
>>
>>29567940
I can't think of a reason to buy any product, much less Evolutions.
The pack is shit. Other than the Charizard tax, nothing in it should be even remotely expensive.

Instead of dropping nearly $100 on a gag product, I'll buy a lot of every non-EX single for like $10 in a month, then use the other $90 to pick up the EXs and playsets of the nostalgia cards for collection purposes. I'm guessing most of that money will go into paying for Charizards and maybe Mewtwo.
>>
>>29566702
the more options the better.
>>
>>29568873
I've bought a shit ton of singles, actually made three decks pretty much solely based off singles + keldeo/ray box.

But the thing is, people in local areas don't trade with cash. They trade with cards, and while I agree that Evolutions is on a whole a trash set there will be a lot of people that will be willing to trade for the newer cards.

Like I said, I'm leaning on just buying a box of Steam Siege packs and seeing what I get.
>>
File: 430px-MCharizardEXEvolutions101.jpg (99KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
430px-MCharizardEXEvolutions101.jpg
99KB, 430x600px
Any ways to use this? It one hit KOs every pokemon in the format
>>
>60 hp charmander

It's not like that helps it that much nintendo.
>>
>>29568945
Expanded with Blacksmith.

Otherwise, literally too slow.
Earliest it can set up realistically is turn 3-4. MAYBE turn 2 if you hit every max elixir and then also get a double colorless energy in your hand.
But it still auto loses to mewtwo after a single KO and now you have nothing.
>>
>>29568945
You do know this card is probably older than you are, right? Have you been under a rock since XY or somethng?
Either way, iIn Standard? No, not really. No viable acceleration and it's too slow.
In Expanded? Sure. Between Blacksmith/DCE/Mega Turbo you can set it up in one turn. Or just run Emboar and pretend your opponent has been in a coma since 2011.
But Expanded will fuck it sideways. Only 3 of the top 10 decks actually use EXs so the prize trade will fuck you. The EXs that do get used will fuck you. Item Lock will fuck you. Greninja being one of the best decks of the format will fuck you. The fact that half the format can OHKO you back for half the energies will fuck you.
The Kanto Megas were pretty okay even without a spirit link back when they came out, but they were invalidated almost immediately once FuF hit, and they're way, way past their prime now. Only build them as a meme, and any Charizard deck will be an expensive meme at that.

>>29569009
>Earliest it can set up realistically is turn 3-4.
If you really wanted to force it, a combination of maxed Mega Turbo and Clawitzer could realistically set one up every 2-3 turns.
>>
File: XY2_EN_69.png (328KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY2_EN_69.png
328KB, 245x342px
>>29569049
>Mega Turbo and Clawitzer

that's a spicy meme. the clawitzer + mega charizard
>>
>>29569151
That M Charizard is actually infinitely better, especially in a non-Blacksmith format. It's literally just a better version of M Steelix.
>>
>>29569169
it's unfortunate that it has been rotated then.
>>
>>29569209
Would've been a pretty annoying meme if it wasn't.

>double dragon energy
>clawlitzer
>ready to attack turn 2 pretty regularly
>fairy weakness is pretty negligible
Oh well, not a relevant card but I'll expect to see a LOT more charizard/blastoise/venusaur in expanded.

Good thing I run Keldeo which runs over all of them except ven.
>>
>>29568945

There is no reason to use Charizard over Dragon Mega Fug.
>>
>>29569602
Fire M Charizard? It doesn't need to discard two energies every single turn and has much better type support.
Dragon M Charizard? It doesn't need to discard two energies every turn and can has better energy support.
Basically, they have more QoL options and need much less maintenance. Not to mention Charizard EX is just better than either base M Ray.
>>
File: kyogre.png (185KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
kyogre.png
185KB, 245x342px
Anyone a Keldeo deck player?

I've been reading up on tech cards and I'm considering maybe running Kyogre-EX from dark explorers for Vespi and possibly other matchups. With Blastoise the 3 energy is pretty reasonable and it also can take out small HP mons pretty easily.
Anyone with thoughts?
>>
>>29569697

Discarding 2 energy is much better than doing 50 to yourself when your major selling point is being a beefy mega.

Discard 2 energy is slightly worse than discarding 5 cards of your deck, but DCharizard certainly doesn't have better energy support. It has more of it, but being split between two types means you're always going to be less consistent with that support because of the order of operations of it all.

Charizard EX is so marginally better than base dragon fug that it's laughable to argue that there's a difference. There are very few cases where 150 damage does the job where 130 wouldn't.
>>
File: 1464746994910.gif (3MB, 463x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464746994910.gif
3MB, 463x352px
>Maintenence delayed for another hour.
>>
>>29569860
Don't worry, they'll be in maintenance from 4PM EST to 12PM EST because fuck you. :^)
>>
>>29569860
be happy its not going to be a 24hr maintenance one
>>
>>29570588
>implying it's not going to become one
I hope you're all excited about your Evolutions pack you'll get free to apologize for the long maintenance!
>>
>>29570610
I don't even want to open any evolutions
>>
>>29569839
>Discarding 2 energy is much better than doing 50 to yourself when your major selling point is being a beefy mega.
>Discard 2 energy is slightly worse than discarding 5 cards of your deck
Your major selling point is OHKOing the format.
Self-damage or milling is very secondary to being able to actually attack every turn. You could make an argument for the self-damage making some math weird, but milling is absolutely trivial and reversible. Between VS Seeker + Brock/Karen, it's absolutely not going to be a problem. What are you even worried will get milled in such a deck?

>but DCharizard certainly doesn't have better energy support
M Fug only has DDE. D Char can use DDE + DCE to fuel itself. That's...objectively more. 2 > 1. If you're running something like Clawitzer, that's extremely important. Even if you think M Ray is better, I have no clue how you came to the conclusion that a Dragon Pokemon that can't use DCE effectively has better energy options than one that does.
And this is without talking about cheeky plays like Blacksmithing before evolving.

Really, think about how you can set up M Fug. Other than Mega Turbo, what do you have? Reshiram, which takes a Switch to even use? Clawitzer, when you only have a single type of special energy? Meanwhile M Char has a much more consistent Clawitzer, can use Reshiram if it wants, etc.
>>
>Maintenance ends at 1PM PST
It better fucking end by that time
>>
>>29571018
It's halloween just go do something you fucking nerd
>>
>>29571045
>implying I go begging around for shit dollar candy
>>
>>29571045
>doing shit on halloween
All the parties were last weekend or the week before.
Anyone doing shit today is doing couple shit or very specific shit with friends.

I'm gonna go out and buy a box of Evolutions.
>>
>>29563283
Beedrill/Yanmega is actually pretty good for the Client. A lower count of Beedrill just to deal with the Garb threat that fucks Yanmega decks, plus the lack of need for energy on Yanmega makes the cost of MBeedril's attack easier to deal with.

But it's not anywhere worth nearly as much as the stupid prices people online are asking for a 1-1 line, so unless you already have the cards, hardly worth bothering with.
>>
Since we all have to wait for the maintenance anyway, what's everyone's favorite deck to play in standard?
I've been building all the tier 1 and 2 decks looking for something I enjoy enough to buy in paper, and so far I'm absolutely loving the playstyle and the win ratio of Darkrai/Giratina.
>>
New budget meme deck is gonna be 4-4-4 Beedrills and Vespiqueen with forest of giant plants.

Calling it now.
Not saying it'll be GOOD but calling that it'll become the new spicy meme.
>>
>>29571460
Run a bunch of decks somehow over time.

Standard:
Typhlosion
Giratina/Darkrai
Giratina/XernBREAK
Scizor-EX
Mawile-EX
GreninjaBREAK
Rainbow Road (2-3 variants)

Expanded:
Keldeo

Favorite deck by far is Keldeo but for standard I like using Scizor and Gira/Dark. Have all 3 decks physical as well now.
>>
>>29571460
Xoroark break + Balloons
>>
>>29571545
i hope it uses exp share
>>
>>29562677
>work at TRU
>STILL didn't get a Charmander
Fucking NEETs. There were a bunch of little kids that didn't get them either because of people camping the line. Luckily, a little girl pulled a Charizard, and I told her not to trade it to anyone
>>
http://xy12.pokemontcgxy.com/en-us/home.php

What the fuck
>>
>>29571965
I work in a warehouse in TRU in the UK. Dunno if there's a promotional thing here, but I haven't even seen any of the boosters come in. Just a couple of garbage plush.
>>
File: tunez.png (6KB, 433x85px) Image search: [Google]
tunez.png
6KB, 433x85px
>>29571980
I'm crying
>>
File: Smug Zach.jpg (22KB, 294x258px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Zach.jpg
22KB, 294x258px
>>29571980
This is some good shit famalam
>>
>>29571980
Was the site hacked or is this actually for real?
>>
>>29571965

The line of the TRU that I went was pretty much nothing BUT kids and parents (there were only like 50 or so people so every one got something), then I went to a mall with a TRU an hour later and it had 200+ person line
>>
>>29572111
Am I the only one who didn't have to deal with a line? South Florida here, I got there at 1:50 and there were only a few people. They were already out of figures, though, so I just got a card and the shitty book.

Hopefully the second event will have the same figures so I can show up much earlier for a second chance.
>>
>>29571545
I can see it being meme, but not budget. Where would your draw power come from to swarm out 3 cards per beedrill? Only way I could see that working is with multiple shaymin, which defeats the purpose of being budget.

>>29571460
I'm really liking dual typed Gardevoir-EX. Opponents buildng up a 2-3KO only to be instantly denied by me killing my own Pokemon first is so goddamn satisfying.
>>
File: 20161031_113557-1.jpg (2MB, 2062x1876px) Image search: [Google]
20161031_113557-1.jpg
2MB, 2062x1876px
>>29572036
>>29572111
I bought a single booster and got a holographic green energy card, and I traded everything from that pack to a little kid for a Noibat. The first 50 guests got a Pikachu figure, and I think the first 25 guests were manchildren, and we only had about 75(?) of the Charmander card.

this code was in my pack, and is for those who DIDN'T get any XY Evolutions packs.
if you DID get XY Evolutions packs, please REFRAIN from taking this.
>>
>>29571980
This is 10/10, isn't it too early to be fucking with us? It's not even April Fools.

>>29572162
Hmm, this is true. Maybe not a budget deck because you probably do need at least two if not 3 Shaymins to keep drawing into your turn 2 beedrills.
This might actually be a viably strong meme deck though With charjabug though since the attack is one green and one yellow which fits perfect with charjabug effect.
>>
>>29571980
funny how the 5ban graphics fit this trash style perfectly
>>
>>29571980
>pokemon tcg literally ironically shitposting
whew

this is the kind of thing that get you some reddit upboats
>>
>>29571460
I've been having some good luck running the meme. Plan on trying out Volcanion and friends soon as the developers decide to fix it.

What are your thoughts on Daniel Lopez's version of the deck, /vp/?
>>
>>29571980
probably the coolest thing I've ever seen the official pokemon sites do.
>>
>>29572262
I honestly think it's just a worse version of the Darkrai deck.
>>
>Damage counters placed by a retaliation effect no longer remain on an attacking Pokémon after it has left play due to the effect of an attack.

Thank fuck. Was pretty stupid losing a shaymeme to bursting balloon damage after using its attack.
>>
>>29572221
Beedrill isn't a good card. It's pure bait.

Decks like Yanmega/Vespiquen and FC Serperior proved that FOGP isn't some insane turbo card, even when we had Compressor+Revitalizer.

Even if you could magically set up your 4 Beedrills quickly, sniping for 120 is a joke. Decks like M Latios already do that much more efficiently, and it's shit. You generally don't want to waste time attacking Shaymin unless you're going to literally win off it, because it means your opponents' attackers get to set up unimpeded.

And every time your opponent kills one of your 120 HP memes, you lose your ability to even OHKO Shaymin. Revitalizer only brings back 2/3 of your needed cards.
>>
>>29572450
It hit for maximum 160 actually, I'm almost certain it includes itself.

If muscle band wasn't rotated out it'd be a good option for instant knock outs on most basic EX cards.

And yes, it's a shit card from a shit set but it could serve some free laughs like typhlosion.
>>
>>29571980
>>29572228
Nice, if only half the set was good, but i know it will sell anyway.
>>
>>29571980
oh man i haven't seen sites like this since early 2000
>>
So what are the good cards?
-zapdos
-mewtwo
-dragon-ex
-mew
-starmie
And thats it?
>>
>>29572762
The set is only good for nostalgia factor and will be hyped up only because of that famalam
>>
>>29572762
Rattata is good.
Brock is niche.
Double Colorless holo will go for a lot.
Charizard will go for a lot.

Dunno, not a lot.
>>
>>29572762
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/10/28/evolutions-set-review/

Zapdos and Mew aren't good.
Mewtwo EX will be a tech in M Mewtwo decks at best, but Damage Swap is still better.
Regular Mewtwo isn't very good for a few reasons.
Dragonite and Brock are cute, but they only really helps decks that aren't particularly good right now and it won't help them be good.
Starmie and Electrode are meta-dependent cards, both of which might see some Expanded play. Right now they're near-unusable.
Rattata isn't very good, but it's a cute tech in some decks.
Everything else is pretty unusable. The article does a stellar job of explaining everything.
>>
>>29572781
Such a waste of a standard set. Should have just released it as a collector's product or something. This set will change nothing in standard
>>
File: evopack.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
evopack.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>29572207
Thanks m8
>>
>>29572874
Its up already? Not bad at all
>>
At least the Magma vs. Aqua set had 100% new artwork...
>>
All my tickets have gone.
>>
>>29571460

Had tons of Steam Siege that I wanted to convert to cards to avoid uncertainty over pack value and so started buying up the pieces to DarkTina. Was only meant as an investment, but now I kind of want to give it a go. Seems pretty cool.

Also been buying a lot of Volcanion-EXs as an investment. They're super cheap because of the suspension. Might also try that out.

Current deck is Raticate BREAK.
>>
>>29571460
Mine is the shedmemeja deck, its trash but it feels good when it works
>>
>gengar-ex promos
Oh boy, another useless EX to add to my collection!

Ah well, I like Gengar so whatever.
>>
>>29573088
Post dicklist, I need it because reasons.
>>
Why did you give me a shit chest and not an evo pack, and how come the events arent evo packs
>>
>>29573277

Which one? The Raticate one?
>>
How much evo for a shaymin?
>>
>>29573311

How is anyone supposed to know that right away?

The market will take a bit of time to work out the value of Evolutions.
>>
>>29573348
I have 135 evo codes and I need two more shaymins for my Megafug deck
>>
>>29573311
My prediction is 0.
>>
>there will be panic trades

my body is ready
>>
File: Not bad.png (478KB, 511x601px) Image search: [Google]
Not bad.png
478KB, 511x601px
Uncommon chests are usually a waste of time, but pretty pleased with this.
>>
>>29573407
Lucky, all I got is a chaos tower that I can stack with my other towers
>>
>>29573299
Yes
>>
>servers down for maintenance again
N-not like i wanted to play or anything!
>>
There's Nationals in Liverpool this weekend, how will this shit go down, will it be streamed or only finals?
>>
>>29573667
evo isnt legal for tournaments yet so like normal meta for now, maybe evo reprints might be seen
>>
File: Satan's Contract.jpg (187KB, 885x561px) Image search: [Google]
Satan's Contract.jpg
187KB, 885x561px
See this, what do?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (235KB, 1395x823px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
235KB, 1395x823px
thoughts on this?
>>
>decide to buy 3 gengar ex promos because why the fuck not
>open first two SS packs and get utter shit
>third pack gives me despair ray Gard

Can't say I'm unhappy with using 2400 coin on that, the fun of having 3 Gengar EX for fucking around with is also neat.

Also anyone in thread, looks like that offer is for today only. And it comes with Gengar sleeves.
>>
>>29573966
>4-2-4
>Only 2 rare candies
>Using repeat balls

Better supports than before at least famalam
>>
File: 1474840471482.jpg (123KB, 551x434px) Image search: [Google]
1474840471482.jpg
123KB, 551x434px
>>29573966
>More situational supporters than draw supporters
>>
>You are using an outdated client, please update, etc...

Well, shit. I'm on mobile. Apk when?
>>
File: 1088343.jpg (247KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
1088343.jpg
247KB, 324x450px
Allright fellas watsup.

Is anyone else having problems with "Fighting Fury Belt" after the update?!

Idk if its giving me my +40 hp (havent been in that situation yet)

But it sure as heck isnt giving me my extra +10 damage on attacks, used it on 3 different pokemon and nope.

No extra damage.

I could have easily won certain battles but lost despite me having my FF belts down on my mons

I could have ended battles much earlier but nope ff belt wont work.

Whats going on is it just a bug?
>>
File: oh.png (29KB, 146x132px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
29KB, 146x132px
Look who I just got paired against
He's playing an M Pidgeot deck paired with Zoroark
Joke's on him, though, I'm using a Dark evolution challenge deck
>>
>>29573923
Basically
>dont mod the game
>dont scam
>you cant refund money
>break rules and we fuck you
>>
>>29575476
i want you to win this. make him deck out
>>
>>29575593
The deck literally can't attack, I just evolve Pokemon until I hit ten and then scoop.
>>
theme decks have never been tradable since i started playing so i have no idea what they are worth.

any estimates for the pack value of, say, one of the ss theme decks?
>>
>>29575664
Two and a half packs ;^)
>>
>>29575664
Well, the foil you find in them is normally worth 1-5 packs, sometimes more in specific cases like Greninja
I really doubt anything Standard will be worth anything
>>
Anyone else lose all their daily challenges? I had 3 pack challenges saved up and ready to go for this upcoming set.
>>
>>29575816
Why pack challenges? Why not token challenges to buy the bundles you can't trade for?
>>
>>29573407
got a talonmeme from mine

feels good man
>>
>>29575724
ok thanks, someone was offering 4 RS for a gears of fire, i had an extra one i was sitting on so i went for it.
>>
>>29575831

Because I don't need coins and I don't get tricked by the bundle meme.
>>
>>29575906
What trick?
>>
>>29575959

EXCLUSIVE pieces of shit only available for a LIMITED time only, grab'm while their still available!!! You HATE to not be able to get these SHINY turds after this bundle ends!!!
>>
How do I get fairy energy in the tcgo at the moment? Can't trade for them.
>>
>>29576001
Well, what else are you using your tokens on?
I mean, you've traded for everything you can already. What else do you need?
>>
>>29576197
you mean besides the unlimited free ones the game gives you?
>>
>>29576001
If you don't grab the sleeves now, good luck buying them in like 2-3 months when they're like 20 ROS+

The gengar sleeves are only available today. :^)
>>
>no Evolutions in store
>open all my kit codes
>2 Machamps, 2 Gyarados
>no holo Mewtwos

Just fucking kill me. At least now I know they're random and don't match what promo you got IRL.
>>
>>29576367
Oh fug me im dumb
>>
Is this supposed to be Evolutions update? There is no Evolutions packs or Theme decks on the shop, how am I supposed to get the new cards now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>fucking versus ladder now hides the FA trainer until you get 690 points

Holy shit are you kidding me. Good thing I have all the good ones.
>>
File: evolutions.jpg (47KB, 784x346px) Image search: [Google]
evolutions.jpg
47KB, 784x346px
>>29576441
You have to trade off your RS packs.

On an unrelated, is there any reason to try and trade for one of those pre-release boxes and at what price?
>>
File: prerelease pack.jpg (50KB, 850x325px) Image search: [Google]
prerelease pack.jpg
50KB, 850x325px
>>29576556
This was the cheapest on on trades, time to open it and get a machamp.
>>
File: pulls.jpg (95KB, 834x628px) Image search: [Google]
pulls.jpg
95KB, 834x628px
>>29576639
Holo mewtwo, not bad.
>>
>>29576556
Oh that's reasonable, too bad I only have 1 RS, 75SS and 11 Generations packs.

>>29576639
So how does that thing work? Some kind of set of random cards?
>>
>>29576715
The prerelease boxes are like the real life ones: 1 stamped holo (gyarados, machamp, mewtwo, or charizard) and 20ish other cards that help you build a deck.
>>
>>29576687
Fuck you.
>>
I'm so fucking sick of the biased RNG never letting me go first while I sit through 5 minutes of my opponent not knowing what to play.
>>
File: SURE.png (703KB, 1272x718px) Image search: [Google]
SURE.png
703KB, 1272x718px
I'm cool with this.
>>
>>29577125
>more useless card on chests
NO
>>
I missed you volcanion.
>>
Some of the deals people are trying to pull with these cards are straight up embarrassing.

>1 Raticate for a M-Mewtwo EX
Lmao
>>
man I can't wait to make a janky beedrill deck
>>
File: revive.jpg (45KB, 479x478px) Image search: [Google]
revive.jpg
45KB, 479x478px
Are uncommon chests supposed to have reverse holos, or even cards from the latest set?
>>
File: dce.jpg (30KB, 284x434px) Image search: [Google]
dce.jpg
30KB, 284x434px
>>29577794
I think it's time open a bunch of chests.
>>
File: raticate.jpg (51KB, 495x423px) Image search: [Google]
raticate.jpg
51KB, 495x423px
>>29577827
That was a waste of 50+ chests. Seems to be about a 50/50 chance of reverse holo. Even gives things like non holo magnezone from the theme deck.
>>
Testing out Rats and it flows nicely. The problem is you're dying almost every turn unless your disruption is on point. I'm doing Winona and Ace Trainer.
>>
>>29577794
>>29577827
>>29578004

Uncommon Chests can contain anything up to a Rare/EX. See: >>29573407

Holo Chests can contain up to Secret Rare.
>>
>>29574230
Giovanni's scheme is card draw
>>
>>29578739
So is Tierno, what's your point?
>>
>>29578900
Scheme can draw you more cards and also has another effect. Tierno is just a shit card
>>
>>29568945

It's easy as fuck with Mega Clawitzer.
>>
File: 2million.png (375KB, 522x667px) Image search: [Google]
2million.png
375KB, 522x667px
How long do before people start asking reasonable things for the new Evolutions cards? Why not just put Evolutions packs in the shops?
>>
>>29579154
Just be a patient little TCG player, pal. Evolutions will be available in the token shop on Wednesday (Nov 2).
>>
>>29579191
>buying evolutions over roaring skies
>>
>>29579205
I didn't intend to imply that it'd be a good expansion to buy boosters of, just informing them of when Evolutions will be in the shop.
>>
Raticate is a ton of fun. My only issue is I don't run any tools so retreating can be annoying.
>>
>>29579205
The idea isn't to buy it, it's so that the market settles.
>>
>>29579154
The important question is: when does it start coming in from tournaments?
>>
>>29579356
Pretty sure this will happen on Wednesday as well.
>>
>>29579356
>>29579431
Nope, patch notes say it will be available for tourneyfags on Nov. 14
>>
Alright guys tell me why the fuck is the Evolutions set so incomplete?

>Caterpie line is missing Butterfree
>Haunter line is missing Gengar
Is this normal? Could they maybe make another similar set to include the missing ones etc?
>>
I want to try out Dragonite but I'm not paying a fuckton of RSK for two.
>>
>>29580115

it's the last set of a generation

like call of legends, and legendary treasures, you know it was gonna be shit
>>
File: 1477965612834.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1477965612834.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Meant to post in this thread...

1st pack outta my box, shud i call it quits and sell the rest?????
>>
>>29580349
sure, why not
>>
>>29580115
It's a reprint of Base Set, give or take a few promos. Base Set was incomplete.
>>
>3 reverse holo Charizards already
>2 reverse holo darks already
>no full arts or secret rares or breaks

Huh
>>
>>29580349
I would say open at least one more pack, you know what they say, never quit a winning streak.
>>
>mystery boxes open immediately
oh yes
>>
>>29581685
>You got 25 tokens!
>>
>>29581685
>>29581726
I swear I have gotten more coins today than the past week like what the fuck, I hope they upped it.
>>
>>29580306
I dunno why everyone calls legendary treasures shit. Most of the reprint EXes were really good, like Keldeo and Darkrai and there was a bunch of extra usable things like Round.
>>
>>29581726
My first box today was a pack.
>>
>>29582625
>>29581726
My pulls today have been in order:
>50 coins
>50 coins
>25 coins
>25 coins
>One ticket
>One ticket
>One ticket
I found the last three irritating because I was planning on buying 4 RS packs once I had enough coins but I got stuck at 793 and the last couple spins fell on repeated boxes.
I find it really shitty that if you fall on a space you already have you don't get shit. I deserve my boxes for beating up shitters online, where are my boxes TPCi!?
>>
>>29578922
>Scheme can draw you more cards
It's draw UP to 5 cards while the shit tierno card can draw 3 anytime
>>
>>29575285
Are you attaching it to things that aren't basics? RTFC.
>>
I can't hear the music,what is it?
>>
>>29573667
Random matches will be streaming from day one. All day two matches will be streamed probably. I'll wave at you with my meme Scizor deck
>>
File: high potential.png (7KB, 477x150px) Image search: [Google]
high potential.png
7KB, 477x150px
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: ptcg.jpg (427KB, 844x528px) Image search: [Google]
ptcg.jpg
427KB, 844x528px
so I'm new to the online game. I have no clue how to get it to work. Every time I restart it gets stuck on this screen and wont let me do anything. Any tips?
>>
>>29585136
You left-drag the card to the middle of the field. I don't see what's so hard about this.
>>
>>29585169
it wont let me drag shit
>>
>>29585195
LEFT click anon. I can't believe you're so retarded that you can't even complete the first step of the tutorial, there are literal children playing the game you know?
>>
File: 11d.png (29KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
11d.png
29KB, 200x150px
>>29585233
I should have said I'm using a macbook. Went into trackpad settings to clear it up and even after that it still doesn't work. I guess thanks anyways.
>>
>>29585423
You should be able to make a mouse profile of some kind for PTCGO.

Worst case, run it in Wine?
>>
>>29585233
>>29585423
>macbook
>I can't believe you're so retarded
>>
>>29585538
Some people only have what they're bought, famalam. Let's be fair; they're trying to play a f2p online Pokemon card game.
>>
File: 1303097116639.png (99KB, 352x319px) Image search: [Google]
1303097116639.png
99KB, 352x319px
>My Dewford League bundles are finally tradable.

Sweet, let's see if I can get some Evolutions packs for one.

>>29585585

I'm on a Macbook Pro and all I have to do is click on a card, dragging is automatic.
>>
File: ddd.png (81KB, 1284x711px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
81KB, 1284x711px
My game keeps crashing on start up, how do i fix this?
>>
File: M-Mawile-EX-photo[1].jpg (289KB, 793x1093px) Image search: [Google]
M-Mawile-EX-photo[1].jpg
289KB, 793x1093px
Is there anything about this that isn't just a ghetto Despair Ray MGarde? I really want to make a deck around a Mawile, even if it's meme-tier.
>>
File: Mawile-EX-photo[1].jpg (223KB, 798x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Mawile-EX-photo[1].jpg
223KB, 798x1141px
>>29587020
The base card
>>
>>29587020
>>29587033
>ghetto despair ray garde
Nigga, they're nothing alike. If anything it's more like a fairy scizor that just sucks overall a lot more due to lower hp and higher cost.

I have a decklist but basically it runs a lot like m-scizor. Hammers and disruption is your goal. 3 Xerneas for rushing energy possibly early on and fairy field for switch alongside garbodor since you run no abilities.
>>
>>29587097
Show us the list
>>
>>29587097
Alright, that makes sense.

Do you run any Xern BREAK or Fairy Drops/Wonder Energy? I'm seeing Regice and GlacEX all over the ladder and I don't know a reasonable way to get passed both of those otherwise. Garbador doesn't help me with those.
>>
File: ScreenShot035.jpg (191KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot035.jpg
191KB, 1286x749px
>>29587245
No, those slow you down. XernBreak runs a different playstyle compared to Mawile so it doesn't work. You run Mawile as your main attack and focus your playstyle on that.

Fairy Drops no since I don't like the card and Wonder Energy are too easily disrupted off you, no to those as well. You need 3 energy, you want to avoid getting them removed as much as possible.

You remove their energy or lysandre around. If they're setting up then lysandre them in and attack them to take off energy. Honestly it's a bad matchup but putting in Ranger for one matchup is a bad idea.

Edit the decklist as you want, I've removed one hammer for one mega turbo to make turn two attacks easier.
>>
>14k tokens
>might spend ~5k on Evolutions just for the fun of opening packs before I trade for the rest of what I want in the set
>S&M is released in February

I'm gonna hit max tokens I guess. Maybe they'll have a plasma freeze bundle in the store so I can take a crack at the ultra ball lottery.
>>
i can't login to test this deck so i made this decklist by hand. someone give me feedback on my meme.

http://pastebin.com/gnBfq3bn
>>
>>29587745
Why fairy?
I'd run psychic so that you can attack with trubbish just in case.
Add shaymin.
Maybe add bursting balloons?

Alternatively, combine with vileplume?
>>
>>29587745

>those card counts

lmao?
>>
>>29587745

What is even the point of this deck? I genuinely can't see how it's supposed to win against anyone not running special energy.

I doubt it would win versus special energy either.
>>
>>29587899
Goal is to discard energy and raticate break finishes them off with super fang

>>29587880
I think shaymin would be a liablility since raticate have really low hp. bursting balloon would auto lose against regular energy decks. crushing hammers gives it a shot.
>>
>>29587962
i'm not too sure if the deck works but i can't test it to try.
>>
Entei Charizard any good in expanded? I'm bored of standard and I want to play my favorite deck again
>>
>>29587962
>raticate break finishes them off with super fang

But how? You get them down to 10 HP and then what?
>>
>>29588010
crunch for the remaining 10 so 2 hit ko
>>
>>29588029
That's retarded. Just run the Antibodies Raticate and Ariados if you're using Raticate-BREAK at all.
>>
Karen or Brock in a Beedrill deck as a one-of supplement to Revitalizer? Brock seems like the obvious choice because it gives you the flexibility of recycling energy, but Karen might be good if I decide to tech a Pokepuff.
>>
>>29588029

But then you aren't discarding the energy until after you get the KO, giving them a free turn to attack you (unless you're super lucky with Hammers).

Also, going for 2HKOs with Raticate BREAK is not a good plan. I know this as I play Raticate BREAK. People chuck the weirdest cards into their decks - you see PCL where you least expect it and some people genuinely run potion.

It annoys me and I only see it when I lose an Ariados and can't replace it. It will drive you insane if 2HKOs are your main strategy.
>>
>>29588063
what are the advantageous of antibodies raticate + ariados in the new standard? they can't function with garbodor in every other deck.
>>
>>29588102

>they can't function with garbodor in every other deck

This isn't the case anon; you're exaggerating. Also, you just play Lysandre. Antibodies Raticate has tool removal as an ATTACK, so you can get rid of Garb's Float Stone and trap it.

>>29588101 here btw. Garb is not an issue.
>>
>>29588149
ah i didn't think about using that attack to trap a garb.
>>
>>29588226
Probably won't be that good since most decks run escape rope anyways or skyla to get spirit links
>>
File: XY_Evolutions_Logo.png (119KB, 1280x308px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Evolutions_Logo.png
119KB, 1280x308px
This set is garbage.
>>
I'll do alright running meme Scizor at Liverpool, right guys?
R-right?
>>
>>29588101
>Pokemon Center Lady and Potion
I've only seen one deck in about 2-3 months of standard/expanded play a Potion and they ran fucking three of them, (which they used all in one fucking turn) it was the most baffling thing I've ever seen.

Pokemon Center Lady is a lot more common unfortunately but the few I've seen were all full art so maybe they were running it for waifu points.
>>
>>29588149
Raticate vs any garbodor deck is still at least 40/60 matchup in the other decks favor at the minimum though, and probably worse if it's a pokemon that can oneshot them (a LOT of decks). Without compressor, it's just not consistent to get into supports at the right time, in expanded it's a bit easier but then you got shit like keldeo who literally wins because it sets up so fast you can't do shit to stop it.

I played a local friend who runs raticate break and plans to for expanded with my meme scizor deck and it wasn't even close.
>>
>>29588512
No.
>>
>>29588508
Quite the understatement
>>
>>29588512
You're probably gonna get crushed.
Scizor has an even matchup vs mewtwo, an almost unwinnable matchup against Volcanion, unfavorable matchup versus darkrai, and really unfavorable matchup against Yveltal.

Scizor is probably not even going to make it to top 32 again at this rate. To put this in perspective, even with quite a lot of gard decks there were still no Scizors making it to top 32.
>>
>>29588708

>Raticate vs any garbodor deck is still at least 40/60 matchup in the other decks favor at the minimum

I don't know what to tell you anon, other than that I really don't struggle with Garbodor. The only time it's an issue is if I brick hard and they manage to get 2 on the field.

Remember that most of the deck that run Garbodor are EX decks, so as long as you get rid of him, you have a good chance to win on the prize trade.

>Without compressor, it's just not consistent to get into supports at the right time

I play very aggressively with Sycamore, so maybe that helps, because I can VS Seeker for most supporters. I also run 3 Lysandre to make sure I can almost always bring Garb into the active.

>I played a local friend who runs raticate break and plans to for expanded with my meme scizor deck and it wasn't even close.

I've found Scizor to be a fairly favourable matchup, unless they include Magearna.
>>
>>29589020
I've literally like never lost to a Raticate BREAK deck unless I was running a meme deck, it's just a really hard matchup for Raticate. You can think it's better than it is but there's a reason Raticate literally will never make it to top 32 as of now. If it can't beat rogue EX decks then it stands no chance against actual good top decks like mewtwo and such.

>Scizors with magearna
Sounds like utter shit, unless you're running special energy scizor deck and again that concept is utter shit. If you run mage you don't run garbodor.

The only saving grace you have is Evolutions raticate which can OHKO the garbodor if you make them discard two special but that won't be legal for next standard regional I believe.
>>
>>29589130

>You can think it's better than it is but there's a reason Raticate literally will never make it to top 32

m8, I'm talking about PTCGO. This discussion has been about PTCGO. I don't actually think it's going to be a tournament winning deck, but it's good online. That doesn't change the fact that I have not found Garbodor difficult to play around though.

>I've literally like never lost to a Raticate BREAK deck unless I was running a meme deck

Well done. It wasn't just because you had Garbodor though, it was mainly because your overall deck is very good. Garbodor is a very strong card vs ability-heavy decks, but I think you're overestimating its effectiveness against Raticate BREAK

Also, I didn't say Scizor + Magearna is a good deck, I'm saying it stonewalls Raticate BREAK (far more than Garbodor does).

>The only saving grace you have is Evolutions raticate which can OHKO the garbodor

Defeats the entire point of the strategy. Idk what you're getting at here.
>>
File: Ninetales-BREAK.CP6.16.png (901KB, 570x797px) Image search: [Google]
Ninetales-BREAK.CP6.16.png
901KB, 570x797px
If Ninetales Break had a rainbow energy attached to it, would get the option to discard it when attacking?
>>
>>29589360
Can't read jap, sorry
>>
>>29589360
No, it should always be discarded because it always counts as fire energy.
I think.
>>
>>29589360
Rainbow Energy's effect isn't optional, so you're forced to discard Rainbow Energy since it always counts as a [F] energy.
>>
So if I traded off my Prerelease Box, how many packs might it be worth?
>>
>>29589306
I mean everything works online my man, I'm talking in a settling where winning matters. I have a friend who will be running it this weekend in an expanded setting and has a lot of playtime with it. If you don't have trouble with it that's fine but I'm speaking from experience and his own experience that garbodor is an actual huge issue.

I'm not overestimating it, see above.

You discard their energy with your enhanced hammers or crushing hammers. You get their special energies to two in their discard. You lysander the garbodor and you don't discard a tool, you just literally KO the garbodor.
It's... Not difficult to understand.
>>
>>29589432
Right now? 5 RS is fair.
In a few days? Virtually nothing, nothing in it is good or usable.
In a year? Probably a lot.
>>
>>29589432

See: >>29576639
>>
>>29589454
How slow is raticate+ ariados btw. evolutions raticate can stall for a few turns with the energy discards but i don't think breakpoint raticate can do the same and it has to evolve into a "stage 2"
>>
>>29586346
Reinstall
>>
>>29589454

>You discard their energy with your enhanced hammers or crushing hammers. You get their special energies to two in their discard. You lysander the garbodor and you don't discard a tool, you just literally KO the garbodor.
>It's... Not difficult to understand.

Wow you're dense. I know MECHANICALLY how it works, I'm saying it's a pointless idea.

The point of Raticate BREAK + Ariados is that regular Raticate is immune to the poison damage. Most EXs OHKO you, but you beat them on the prize trade. What you don't want to do is make it easier for non-EX Pokemon to OHKO you.

>I'm not overestimating it, see above.

Also, the main reason Evolutions Raticate sucks is that it doesn't give you any options vs Garbodor. BREAKpoint Raticate has tool removal + poison as an attack, so you can Lysandre Garbodor and trap it. Also, you have already poisoned them, so throwing a SL on there to reactivate Garbotoxin is irrelevant. You force them to find a Float Stone/Escape Rope to get away. That's way more consistent than throwing in EHs which clunk up the deck and praying for Hammers+Lysandre+no Special Charge from them.

THIS is why Garbodor is less of a problem. Of course, faster decks can set up while you deal with Garb and then flatten you (hence why it isn't going to win tournaments), but Garbodor itself does almost nothing.

>I mean everything works online my man, I'm talking in a settling where winning matters

m8, I am specifically talking about vs Garbodor. Not just 'you can win with Raticate BREAK online', specifically that Garbodor (even in decklists like those that top tournaments) is not difficult to deal with. You said your friend struggles with Garbodor; why doesn't he tech for it?
>>
>>29589630

Ariados isn't slow (FoGP) but the rats are.

It's kind of like with Greninja - you just swarm the field and win on the prize trade. Super Rod lets you recycle them. Any fast non-EX deck though is going to be tough to beat.
>>
>>29589712
>Of course, faster decks can set up while you deal with Garb and then flatten you (hence why it isn't going to win tournaments), but Garbodor itself does almost nothing.

Wrote that poorly so it sounds dumb. What I mean is Garbodor is a slight annoyance, whereas Magearna/Giratina/Grass types pretty much completely shut you down.

Garbodor won't beat Raticate BREAK alone, it just buys you one turn (like hitting a Crushing Hammer might vs other decks). You need to set up at least 2 attackers ready for when Garb goes down.
>>
>>29589712
>Also, the main reason Evolutions Raticate sucks is that it doesn't give you any options vs Garbodor.

in the deck >>29587745 raticate is using garbodor so it wouldn't have to ko an enemy garb. it just has to focus on attacks.
>>
>>29589712
You play the deck to counter the scene, you don't play it to counter the online meta. If you're scared about basics being trouble then you're thinking the deck wrong. You lose to basic decks anyway, vespiqueen laughs at you alongside night march and the such.

Most decks run 3 float stones, you're gambling on them not just getting another float stone and then KO'ing you. Hell, a lot of decks run Olympia now making your shit even less likely to work.

Also the hammers don't really clump up the deck considering you need 3 turns anyway so if anything you need to delay your opponent to do your combo due to evolutions. Unless you run Wally or some shit.

He literally does tech for it, see evolutions Raticate. There are no good tech options in standard, in expanded there are so he probably just runs shit like Xerosic.
>>
>>29589927
*focus on attacks.

and staying alive.
>>
>>29589934

>You play the deck to counter the scene, you don't play it to counter the online meta.

What? I mentioned earlier that we are talking about PTCGO and that decklist posted above. You've dragged the conversation off track to the point that it's 'this guy I know plays Raticate BREAK and can't beat Garbodor'.

>vespiqueen laughs at you

VespiQUEN falls under the grass types I mentioned above. I actually run a slightly crazy Raticate BREAK deck that techs in 1 copy of Giratina-EX, so I laugh at the bee. Vespi/Yanmega reks me though.

>night march

I don't play Expanded. If you do attempt to play Raticate BREAK in Expanded then you have no right to complain about Night March - everyone knows the score.

>Most decks run 3 float stones, you're gambling on them not just getting another float stone and then KO'ing you

As opposed to gambling on them running special energy, you drawing into hammers and a Lysandre at the same time? If you play your hammers early, they can Special Charge. If not, you're N bait.

Honestly anon, the deck is clunky enough. I have tweaked it for months to make it consistent and even now it isn't perfect. Throwing in hammers instead of using what is already in the deck is not progress.

>a lot of decks run Olympia now

Fair point. I still think it's worth the gamble. Worst case scenario, they waste their supporter for the turn on that and still have to find another tool to activate Garbotoxin again. During the following turn, you should be taking another 2 prizes at least.

>He literally does tech for it, see evolutions Raticate.

This is why he can't beat Garb.

>Xerosic

Exactly. There is plenty of tool removal available in Expanded. This whole discussion only makes sense in Standard.

>>29589927

Yeah, it kinda split into 2 discussions really. That deck is far from the usual Raticate BREAK deck and seems to focus more on energy denial.
>>
>All the prerelease cards look EXACTLY THE SAME as their pack counterparts in the client
How the fuck am I supposed to know what to ask for
>>
>>29590244
I said he has trouble, not that he can't beat it. Don't twist the words, bad matchup doesn't mean unwinnable. It's a bad matchup, if you don't want to acknowledge it go ahead as I personally don't care.

One to maybe two standard deck runs special charge and that's mewtwo and rainbow. No other decks do. Both beat you anyway hard.

He does beat garb, the difference between you and him is he acknowledges problem cards.

Anyway, I'll make the point that online meta means diddly shit. Anything works online, if it doesn't do well in person and in tournaments then the deck is irrelevant. There isn't even a ladder.
>>
>>29577125
>yfw the original chansey is better than this garbage.

Why the fuck is it 3 retreat but STILL does 80 to itself?
>>
>>29590407
I was trying to find a Blissey released that would make this Chansey usable but... I'm not finding nothing.

Just another shit card.
>>
>>29590359

>he acknowledges problem cards.

I did. Here: >>29589828. I maintain that you are exaggerating how much of a 'problem card' it is. As long as you play with Garbodor in mind, it buys your opponent a turn at most.

>One to maybe two standard deck runs special charge and that's mewtwo and rainbow. No other decks do.

That's because few other decks run special energy at all. Hence why I'm so baffled by your Evolutions Raticate suggestion. You want to counter Garb by relying on your opponent A: running special energy & B: not running Special Charge.

The only relevant deck which does that btw is DarkTina and you have almost zero chance of beating that at all, regardless of Garbodor.

>Anything works online, if it doesn't do well in person and in tournaments then the deck is irrelevant.

THE DECK. THE DECK. THE DECK. You literally said 'don't twist the words' and are doing exactly that. I have said (and specifically clarified here: >>29589712) that I am talking about Garbodor in particular.

Raticate can handle Garb; the fact that it is never going to win a tournament does not change that fact.
>>
>>29590471
There was a brief moment in the tcg history that made base chansey pretty scary. Back when metal energies effect reduced damage for all pokemon. Coupled with something like an unown n and gold berrys.

But this thing? In this meta? Not even fucking close.
>>
File: Smug.jpg (16KB, 194x233px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
16KB, 194x233px
>>29585136
>Being against Zach

I hope you love losing famalam
>>
>>29587745
If raticate and the energy was replaced with Lycanroc GX would this deck be more usuable? The first attack is crunch, it auto discards an energy too.
>>
>>29591564
Not him, but while Lycancroc is going to be pretty okay, that pastebin is pretty shit
>>
>>29591610
that is unfortunate.
>>
>>29591564
Might be good for an energy denial deck
>>
Is there anything actually playable in the new set?
>>
>>29592765
Nothing that can support its own deck outside of raticate and kanto spirit links. There's some smaller techs like starmie, ratatta, mewtwo, brock, and dragonite-ex.
>>
>>29592765
no
>>
>>29592765
Just tech cards really.

Nintendo decided to release a shit set before they literally shit on the current meta with Sun/Moon.
I'll honestly be surprised if any deck survives the transition to Sun/Moon except mewtwo, yveltal and darkrai/giratina.
>>
>>29592765
Competitive review:
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/10/28/evolutions-set-review/

Personal PTCGO review:
I went from a 1-3 split of Evo-Swap Mewtwo to 2-2, Energy Absorption can win games
Starmie bumps up Volcanion hard
All the Megas in this set are fun and usable
Ninetales Break in Expanded with DRX Bright Look is surprisingly solid
Arcanine in Expanded is also surprisingly memey. If it had like 20 more HP or if we had the Break I would even call it good.
I've been playing M Ampharos/Electrode all day and it's pretty great, I really underestimated how well it works
I put 2-2 Raticate into my Scizor deck and it's shit
Dragonite is a stupidly good card and I honestly expect to see it in a lot of decks

Honestly, this set wouldn't be that bad if we didn't lose huge cards this rotation. Half the set dies to Garbodor, while the other half would love Compressor, Blacksmith, and Muscle Band. It's almost like cards are STILL being balanced around CP4 existing in Japan, but who could have possibly predicted that?

Still deciding if I want to swap out my HGSS DCEs for Base Set ones.
>>
Volcanion runs a pretty small set on Mons as is. Would a 2-2 line of Starmie be a decent tech to throw in?
>>
>>29593022
>I put 2-2 Raticate into my Scizor deck and it's shit
Oh shit, I never considered this spicy meme.

Is it really not that good? Man, that actually sound hilarious to suddenly hit some decks for 120+ with a raticate.
Also removing links on retards who didn't set the garbodor on you.
>>
>>29593022
>Still deciding if I want to swap out my HGSS DCEs for Base Set ones.

Online? With the new update, even the other ones look good.
>>
File: dce rev holo.jpg (52KB, 504x372px) Image search: [Google]
dce rev holo.jpg
52KB, 504x372px
>>29593158
forgot pic
>>
>>29593022
Oh right, I should also mention:
The second we get tool removal, Ninetales goes onto the radar. A 4-4-3 Barrier Shrine Ninetales line locks your opponent hard out of their own Stadium, then you can drop FC Barbaracle to force a scoop. Ninetales Break gives you enough damage to take the prizes you need under the lock. But Garbodor exists, so...

>>29593109
Absolutely, Starmie lets you Steam Up risk-free every single turn with no drawback. The only thing stopping you is Garbodor. Which is what I meant about the game balance, it really feels like these cards are designed around Expanded as opposed to Standard. Don't forget you can tech 1x of the Break to help with certain matchups like Greninja.

>>29593131
People have been talking about that for months now. Rattata on its own is okay for disruption, and you can use Raticate for a late game secondary attacker/finisher after you've hit their specials. I think that's what they had in mind with the cards, since it's too shit for you to build a deck around it on its own.
>>
File: wormadam first.png (641KB, 472x626px) Image search: [Google]
wormadam first.png
641KB, 472x626px
I wish they had theme deck revolving around certain strategies instead of an mostly assortment of worthless cards.
>>
>>29593425
It would be a nice way of getting new players into the game with all-in-one set that is affordable.

Doesn't even have to be especially good. It could have a meme theme. As long as it isn't as slow and clunky as the current sets are.

Packaged sets like Crushing currents or Basic Blue would be a huge step up.
>>
>>29593248
I was thinking purely as support for Scizor actually.

The issue is it clogs your deck down since Scizor already has a shit ton of cards in its deck as is with hammers. Maybe like 2-2 line of that shit along with maybe removing float stones all together and adding 2 hexer+Olympia?

I dunno, just thoughts.
>>
>>29593425
>strategies
>in theme decks
lol
>>
>>29593248
I like your thoughts on Barbaracle, but one Hex Maniac play and the whole plan is not only ruined, but reversed back onto yourself.
>>
>>29593158
>>29593182

It's about time they improved the reverse holo effect a bit. It used to be SO much better than it is even now and I'm shocked it's taken them this long.
>>
File: ArcanineEvolutions18.jpg (245KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
ArcanineEvolutions18.jpg
245KB, 600x839px
>>29593022
>memey arcanine

i love memes, can't wait to try it then. The energy absorption mewtwo can recover a double colorless right?
>>
File: tickets11116.png (40KB, 437x116px) Image search: [Google]
tickets11116.png
40KB, 437x116px
This wasn't there before, right?
>>
>This new verses ladder UI

Just why? All that is going to do is drive away players from playing because they don't get to see what they could possibly reach.
>>
>>29562677
>tfw missed out on a sweet Charmander promo because I was at the technology lab finishing up a project
FUCK
Hopefully they'll have some when they give away the Electabuzz.
My Toys-r-us is so fucking ghetto that they had a box on a table with all the promos from months ago (Meowth/Magikarp/Cleffairy/Pikachu) So I just took a bunch lol. Maybe I'll sell some.
>>
>>29580115
Some cards were released in Base Set 2, and Jungle. Evolutions is a reprint of most cards from Base Set.
I was wondering why there was no Nidoqueen, then I remembered that it was a Jungle card.
>>
>>29585423
>MacBook
Should have bought a Thinkpad instead.
>>
>>29588508
Even so, I still want to collect it for nostalgia's sake.
I'll probably buy a Booster box a month from now.
>>
>>29596337
That Nidoqueen assuming it kept its first move would've been a pretty funny meme deck to run.

>4 nidokings with king's palace
>1 nidoqueen with boyfriends
>hitting for 180 damage
>all for 2 energy

Sure it'd be slow as fuck and inconsistent as fuck but it sure would be funny to see
Also disappointed that a lot of decent cards weren't printed as grass.
>>
>>29596617
>29596617
yah my dude.
I wish they had also released new versions of the Squirtle and Bulbasaur lines.
>>
What should I get for my first theme deck lads?
>>
>>29596337

It is basically a "modernized" version of the original Base Set since things like Butterfree, Gengar, and Dodrio were not in Base Set until in Jungle and Fossil, but there were some inversions as well

Base Set: Has Pidgey/Pidgeotto (no Pidgeot until Jungle) and Dratini/Dragonair (no Dragonite until Fossil)
Evolutions: Has (M) Pidgeot EX and Dragonite EX

>>29588508

I missed (alright, not really) the autist who actually went out of his way to make those huge ass images detailing on why BREAKthrough and BREAKpoint were terrible sets
>>
>>29564018
Aipom
>>
What is the best way to start collecting? I have been buying individual boosters.
>>
>>29597469
Never buy product.
Always buy singles.
Never buy product.
Even if your goal is to collect every card in a set, buying singles will guarantee you get what you need.
Never buy product.
>>
>>29597493
Fuck off online store shill. Buying product is what keeps this game alive
>>
>>29597493
Nah that isn't fun at all to me, I love opening packs.

I'm basically asking do I buy sets of packs, tins, etc, or just stick to boosters?

I'm an elementary school teacher about to start a pokemon card club and want to have more than a handful of my own.
>>
>>29597520

spoilers: the people you buy singles from buy product
>>
>>29597520
Until they stop printing literally unusable filler to pointlessly pad out their packs, until they start including proper cards and lineups in their theme decks, and until they start putting out tins and promos of things the community NEEDS instead of what can only be described as a cruel joke, they don't deserve a single cent. Pokemon products are easily the worst out of any TCG and a direct insult to the playerbase. They could pack literal feces into each booster and you wouldn't notice a change.

Not that it even matters, considering an overwhelming majority of their profits come from SEA. And where the fuck do you think the singles come from? People have to buy product to get them in the first place.

>>29597554
Opening packs and actually collecting/obtaining cards are two very different things. With the latter, you get what you want. With the former, it's pointless gambling that will put you in the hole long before you finish anything.

If you insist opening packs, boxes (and cases) are the most cost-efficient. Never buy single packs; normally you can find blisters or tins that cost the same but also include free promos or other goodies in them. Avoid Elite Trainer Boxes unless you really, really, really want the sleeves. If you do end up buying single packs, make sure you buy them from somewhere reputable since weighing and resealing are very real things.
>>
>>29597554
Buy boxes then. Package weighting is a thing and you will probably never open the rare and expensive cards otherwise. If you want a bunch of cards to give to kids to play I'm pretty sure you can get awesome deals on eBay. If you're addicted to cracking packs then seek psychiatric help.
>>
>>29597554
They just don't understand our easily addicted minds.
>>
>>29597676
>>29597679
What is a blister/weighting? Are you saying I should seriously bring a scale and weigh the boosters to check for ex/breaks?
>>
>>29597676
>>29597679
How are boxes/blisters an increase? Because you get the 100% confirmed rare card in the front? It is usually more expensive to buy them it seems like.

Cases make sense since it's just a fuck ton of boosters discounted (right?)
>>
>>29597676

>Pokemon TCG
>Popular in Asia in general

But It isn't that popular over in Asia. The main reason why it has a competitive scene at is mostly due to Western countries

I would agree that buying Pokemon sealed products is not a good value, but I'd like to know what other TCG has legit good returns on buying a booster box

>>29597748

Basically the whole thing with scaling is that you scale for heavier packs since holo cards are slightly heavier than non-holo cards, so weighing out heavier packs would increase your chance of getting a holo card in general (but you are still liable of opening a shitty holo rare that is only worth a dollar). However, starting from Fates Collide TPCi began to use heavier PTCGO code cards on non-holo rare packs in an attempt to discourage scaling
>>
>>29597748
Package weighing is when you use a jeweler's scale to weigh packs, since foil cards have an extra layer of plastic for the foil these cards weigh a bit more and so the pack weighs more, all the EX's, Megas, Breaks, FA's and UR cards add tiny but measurable bit of weight to the pack. The thing a lot of shops do is open a ox, weigh all the packs, open the ones that weigh more to sell as singles and put the rest of the packs back in the box to sell to retards.

>>29597770
It's not a discount per se, but yeah, buying cases or boxes is cheaper, the same way that buying other things in bulk is.

So if you absolutely must open packs then buy a sealed box or a case, else buy singles to actually build the decks you want.
>>
>>29597936
>>29597872
Great info, thanks. Do you think Target does that? I've opened a few and already have Zoroark/yveltal break and a handful of EX's/MEX's from ~10 boosters
>>
>>29597976
No, big stores usually don't bother with that, blisters are specially safe since it's easier to notice any tampering. If you have some of the code cards you can post them here for the anons that play online, I'm sure you'll get some (You)'s.
>>
>>29597976
>>29597936
>>29597872
Also, what is the best type of pack to buy? I had been buying steamsiege.
>>
>>29598043
Thanks, might do that later. I have a bunch of them.
>>
>>29597976
Target itself doesn't, but someone could have went to the store, brought his scale along, weighed the packs in-store, and bought all the good ones before you came. It's not like any Target employee gets paid enough to care that some creep is weighing packs as long as he buys a bunch.
>>
>>29598052
Steam Siege was the latest expansion as of last week, Evolution launches tomorrow but that expansion sucks in general, you should stick with SS for now. Also if you see any packs for Roaring Skies you should get them since those contain Shaymeme EX which is currently worth like 50 buckaroos.
>>
Anyone else lose the opening toss 9 times out of 10? What's up with that?
>>
File: IMG_20161101_224006.jpg (498KB, 1560x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101_224006.jpg
498KB, 1560x2080px
So, what's the fastest way to farm tokens for buying legacy-era packs?
>>
>>29593425
Focus sash wormadan + max potion?
>>
r8 my deck for regionals
>>
>mill player wastes 10 minutes and can't even beat my meme deck

And I thought slow players were bad
>>
File: IMG_6507.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6507.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>29598491
Pic related
>>
File: IMG_2129.jpg (44KB, 442x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2129.jpg
44KB, 442x330px
>>29598130
>Shaymin-EX ROS
>Going for $50 or less.
>>
File: IMG_2020.jpg (73KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2020.jpg
73KB, 711x400px
>>29598521
>Running MemeLord
>>
>>29598521
Nightmarch runs vespiqueen exactly for this deck
>>
>>29598521
you'll lose. a lot. people know how to beat it, plus like 4-5 decks in the field youre going into beat it.
>>
>>29563283
>563283▶>>29563313 >>29563323 >>29563328 >>29563883 >>29571450
>File: beedrill-ex-xy-promos-xy157.jpg (883 KB, 700x990)
>>>29562821
>Why isn't this used?
it won't be legal for 3 weeks because of tpci's shit way to release it. it's going to see play in decks like plumebox, and maybe greninja. few decks have ways to recur tools outside of puzzle, and even then puzzle isnt overly used
>>
>>29598206
Confirmation bias + small sample size.

>>29598521
Doesn't Keldeo just assrape you?
>>
>>29598766
I haven't gone first once on this ladder and I'm at 620 points.
>>
>>29598408
The usual way you earn tokens. Only pick evolution challenges, earn mystery boxes, and play in ticket tourneys.
>>
>>29597976
someone did the sums before and iirc it works out at one EX per 6.5 packs. So not many from ten sounds average. But yes, target is well known for being a target for non-staff scalers. Big aisles to get lost in and do your thing. Meanwhile smaller stores raises the chances of the staff doing it. Best bet is to buy boxes. In fact best bet is to buy singles online but if you've gotta gamble, may as well gamble safely and in bulk.
>>
File: the memes.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
the memes.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>start playing on the 23rd
>read about metagame
>realize I'll need 2 memes for every deck I want to make
>save coins for 4 RS packs
>first pack is shit
>second pack is pick related
And that's the story of how I fell from my chair
>>
>drawing all 10 energies before one max elixir

Fuck this game's shit tier shuffling.
>>
>>29600385
>play the RS lottery
>win

Fuck you mang, I earned my packs by blood and sweat and traded for them.
Congrats though.
>>
>>29600441
How do you shuffle, anon?
>>
>>29600678
Thank you. This is the greatest accomplishment of my life. At parties I will tell them of that time I opened a Shaymin-EX. But seriously this seems like enough motivation to build an actual deck. I'll probably make M Mewtwo since I have this guy already and it would seem like a waste to not play him. Now, to get the packs to actually trade for those megas...

>>29600441
>>29600814
Please don't start with that shit.
>>
>need Lysandre to win
>neither comes with 7 cards left in the deck
>use mail
>no Lysandre
>opponent didn't play a single draw supporter all game and just drew into everything one by one

I am so fucking sick of pulling teeth with this shit tier shuffling. Every fucking game I have to dig for everything while my opponent always has exactly what he needs.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.