[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptcgg/ Pokémon TCG/O General: bump the damn thread edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 53

File: 1477647728230.jpg (101KB, 410x571px) Image search: [Google]
1477647728230.jpg
101KB, 410x571px
Old >>29479655

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking us about your ancient Pokemon cards.
>>
So what does it say?
>>
>>29507691
Primarina-GX – Water – HP 250
Stage 2 – Evolves from Brionne

[C][C] Bubble Beat: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 damage plus 20 damage times the amount of [W] Energy attached to all your Pokemon in play.

[W][W][C][C] Ocean Sound: 120 damage. Discard an Energy attached to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.

[C][C] Grand Echo GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
>>
>>29507691
[C][C] 10+: Define the new meta.
>>
Why change EX to GX
>>
>>29507769

This thing just seems absolutely ridiculous. We're gonna need them to introduce some major GX hate to rein it in.

Hoping that its prevos have like 10HP & 20HP respectively so we can kill it before it hits the board.
>>
I don't know anything about Expanded.
What are the top decks?
>>
>>29507792
Gx can be stage 2 Pokémon, evolving from basics.
Have higher than average hit points like Megas and EX.
Still grant 2 prizes when KO'd.
Have 2 abilities, plus a GX move that can only be used once per match.
>>
>>29508955
Thanks, you think stage 2 will be viable again?
>>
>>29508982
Maybe. I think it's still too slow right now.
>>
What's the going price of Beedrill EX and M Beedrill EX now?
>>
What are some older packs that are worth about 1SS that have some good card for Expanded or Legacy?
>>
Why are people hyping this card? It's a slower, weaker Darkrai with 10 less damage, can't use FFB, and can get picked off before it evolves. It also needs Rare Candy, which bogs down the deck since you want to run lots of energies and Max Elixirs, along with dragons for the DDE damage boost. 250 really isn't much when you consider Darkrai has 220 and better consistency, not only more damage.
>>
>>29509789

There doesn't really seem to be a sensible going price. Barely anyone has them and I'm pretty sure the people who do are trying to price fix.

One guy is asking for a FA N (and a FA Sycamore) for the Bee/M Bee/SL/coin set.
>>
>>29510307
>250 really isn't much when you consider Darkrai has 220

lol
>>
>>29510307
Water gets some good shit and the healing is amazing.
>>
>>29510479
In a meta where everything sans Scizor hits for ~130 a hit? Not really.

>>29510531
Water gets a lot of good shit this card won't likely want to run. It'll use Rough Seas, sure, but what else? Manaphy, okay. Regice/Glaceon? Not likely, you're only playing basic waters. Palkia? To slow. Giratina? That means running DDE when you're already adding in Rare Candies and Dive Balls. Garbodor is out of the question. No tools exist that really help it and can be used in spite of clunking you up. Archie's is awful for this thing. So your only advantage over Darkrai is free retreat which is ruined by Garb, Dive Ball (and you'll run Ultras anyway for Shay), and 30 more HP. The GX attack is awful unless you can manage to keep Manaphy alive, remove Garb, and are already winning to afford to use a turn to heal your mons. That's also assuming you get out tons of energy and hit all the Rare Candies quickly.
>>
>>29510682
>and 30 more HP
That's huge.
130 is much harder to reach than 120.
>>
>>29510682
>>29510796

Not just that:

>It'll use Rough Seas, sure

You can't make a big deal about 130 per hit being a big deal and then ignore the fact that Rough Seas turns that into 100.
>>
>>29510682

For one thing, it's not an EX, so stuff like Regice isn't an issue.

>your only advantage over Darkrai is free retreat which is ruined by Garb, Dive Ball (and you'll run Ultras anyway for Shay), and 30 more HP

- If you're worried about Garbodor shutting down Manaphy, you can just run Float Stones. It has stats like a mega, but it doesn't need a Spirit Link

- Not being forced to discard cards you may need, in order to search, is good.

- 30 more HP is not insignificant.
>>
>>29510682
>garbodor is out of the question
Absolutely not, this card has no abilities at all.
If anything it wants to shut out other decks abilities since it has none. It can also run float stones on itself for further fuckery.

>giratina
It's the exact same shit as running it with Darkrai. Literally exactly the same except this one evolves.

You're assuming one deck, the thing is this card can be used in like a dozen or so variations. The thing that makes this card so good is when you see it you have NO idea what it will be running beforehand unless someone comes up with the best deck variant.
>>
>>29510923
And then the next hit Mewtwo hits for 30-60 more, or damage changes onto Manaphy or Shaymin or a benched Popplio with 2 energy on it waiting to evolve. Or Darkrai drops a DDE and hits for 40 more. Or Ray hits it again and kills it. Or any of the upcoming grass prospects just laughs at it. Or Greninja continues picking off the bench while healing itself.

Do none of you understand deck building? A Poppmaid deck is going to be so clunky and slow, while having unfavorable matchups with current top decks solely because of this.

>>29511113
You don't understand how Darkrai/Xerneas Break decks work in the slightest. You run minimal pokemon and tons of basic energies so you hit all 4 Elixirs, your whole deck is built around this. Poppmaid will use Rare Candy, Dive Ball, and more than two stadiums minimum. It also will need at least 3 Popplios, at least one Brionne, Manaphy, likely Giratina/some dragon so its damage isn't shit, and some form of tool. This means cuts elsewhere and clunk, which means less successful elixirs, more dead hands, and just more inconsistency. That's why Darkrai is good and Xerneas isn't.

>>29511165
You're running Manaphy, you can't run Garb. If you're not running Manaphy you can't rotate mons without running tons of Float Stones which means no other tools.
>doesn't understand water toolbox
>ignoring how bad including Rare Candy in a Max Elixir deck is
Not only do you need it immediately, you also need it not to interfere with Elixirs. Otherwise you're dealing minimal damage while your opponent is not. You also must use all of them or your deck strategy dies.

I even forgot, you can't run Hoopa because it isn't an EX.

>>29511165
>the thing is this card can be used in like a dozen or so variations
No it can't.
>The thing that makes this card so good is when you see it you have NO idea what it will be running beforehand unless someone comes up with the best deck variant.
Yes you will.
>>
>>29511349
I honestly don't like the manaphy idea with this setup, but even if they do run it then just lysandre for OHKOs on the Garbodors. With your attacks it's not THAT difficult.

Also Xern/Dark is fucking bad because the Xerns get 1HKOd by basically the whole fucking metagame. So you're usually losing 40 damage minimum while the opponent lost nada.
Having run both a decent amount the reason Dark wins out is because it can get out of positons due to its huge HPs and Olympias or barely surviving and Lysandring something else for a KO.

Also I'm glad to see you can perfectly predict that this deck will be run in exactly ONE setup before even every fucking card has come out.
This card has potential but the issue is until we know what cards come with sun/moon we have no idea if this card is good or not.

At the very least this card is a niche card in expanded. It can be run in a few decks in the format, I can see it being run to retarded success with Blastoise. I think this card is good and will see use.
>>
Fuck this, 3 last places and 1 second place in Legacy events, I'm not playing single more legacy event with Ray-Eels, Virizion-Genesect is just too op, guess I need to make that too.
>>
>>29507616
>>29507769
>>29508751
This thing doesn't look that good, I don't know what everyone is getting worked up about.
>>
File: bare minimum.jpg (161KB, 905x444px) Image search: [Google]
bare minimum.jpg
161KB, 905x444px
>>29511349
For clarification, here's what you'll need to be consistent. This is without tools, dragons, Hex/Ranger, a cut to Ultra Ball, and max Rare Candies so you can prize or trash one and still be good. You have one card left to add in some of these. Look at how clunky it will be. Dropping Mails can't be done because you need to hit as many as possible for elixirs, candies and draw support. Less than 10 energies is too inconsistent without DDE. Less than 4 Popplios (Mudkips) is too risky in case they get picked off or get prized.

>>29511653
How could it be used with Blastoise? Back to back Maxies without the opponent doing anything to stop you?

You absolutely must run it with Manaphy to take advantage of the health and healing, you get one to take a hit, rotate to another and so on while you give up no prizes. If you don't, you're running a worse Darkrai.
>>
>>29511784
It'd be a support, not a primary attacked in expanded. Run it alongside Keldeo or some shit. The point wouldn't be to get it 1st or 2nd turn but to have it as a backup attacker.
Keldeo already runs a ton of tech cards like Articunos and Wailord in the deck, this card takes as much room as some of the others if you run a 3-2-3 line.
Again, it bypasses EX resistances which a lot of decks have issues with right now.

Run it with float stones, again you do NOT need manaphy. And in fact I don't even like manaphy as a card, when I see it I think to myself how long it's actually going to be on the board until I OHKO it or shut down its ability and thus whatever bullshit they're trying to pull. If you run Olympias and float stones they cannot do shit if you decide to move around pokemon other than lysandre them back.
>>
>>29512023
Actually I take it back with 3-2-3.

It'd probably be like 2-2-2 or 2-1-2
No point to run 3-2-3 if a Keldeo is the primary setup mon.
>>
>>29512023
You don't know how Archie decks work. They're designed to get the turn 1 Archie's, any big evolution lines hurt them horribly because they get in the way. How could Blastoise ever use this card? You need to not only hit two Archie's per game, but you need to get energies back from the dead Keldeos, and you usually use all your Superior Retrievals loading him up in the first place. Also, evolution lines are shit in expanded in general because Archeops exists. It will never work.

>>29512111
So you're not running Manaphy, add in 3 Float Stones. You're now at 60 cards, no Olympia for you. You also now have a total of 5 non-Shaymin basics in the deck, and only one that can take any sort of a tap.

What will you Elixir onto that's safe? Popplios will get picked off. Manaphy doesn't want more than 1 energy or he's prime Lysandre bait. Glaceon or whatever your backup attacker is will need most of them, but if they die that's ~60 damage lost plus resources.
>>
>>29507616
>you have to evolve gx pokemon
wew useless gimmick
>>
File: Cv5tmRWUkAA5tmo.jpg large.jpg (98KB, 550x747px) Image search: [Google]
Cv5tmRWUkAA5tmo.jpg large.jpg
98KB, 550x747px
Hmm, Break immunity? Anyone speaks pingpong?
>>
>>29512184
I literally run an archie deck, and again it's a tech option. Again you'd run it as an option for anti-ex/basic decks. You don't make them the goal of the deck.
Hell to be honest you could get away with a 1-0-2 in the deck, and getting two archies in one game is actually really simple in expanded with Jirachis and shit.

>archeops
Literally who. That card is hardly used with shit like trevanant and night march running everywhere.

>add in 3 float stones so now you can't use Olympia
Lmao, nah. Literally most of the top 32 decks at Orlando were running 3 float stones AND Olympia. Get out.

Who the fuck is suggestion glaceon/regice in a pop deck. Those card are shit tier, stop talking about it. Not to mention it's going to be shit on by the new GX mons. Talk about relevant mons like Giratina.
The only way I'd run Pop in a standard deck would be a Gira variant as of now until more cards are released.
>>
>>29512585
>expanded
>Night March
>Trev not being fucked by a turn 1 Archeops
You really don't know anything.

>Lmao, nah. Literally most of the top 32 decks at Orlando were running 3 float stones AND Olympia. Get out.
Nice job ignoring my deck list, dumbfuck. Show me your hypothetical deck. Go build it right now. Let me laugh at you.

>Those card are shit tier, stop talking about it
>Glaceon got 2nd at Orlando
You'll need some other water attacker. Let me see you fit Giratina into your shit tier meme deck.
>>
>>29512701
Trev LITERALLY evolves by itself with its own attack or with Wally.
Are you retarded

I'm done with you, you're literally stupid as fuck and don't know expanded or what cards do.
>>
File: so good.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
so good.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>29512771
You are such a buffoon. Trev dies after Ascending, and to Wally over and over means not using any other supporter. The main Archeops deck is Yveltal which has been good forever and shits on Trev sideways anyway. God the people who post in these threads are the biggest dumbasses, you're just talking shit without anything to back it up.

>doesn't have the faintest clue to how to build his shit tier meme deck so it's better than the one I posted because it needs to fucking much

Nice shit retard, go back to Pokebeach and jerk off over every new card being amazing.
>>
>>29512701
>I don't understand why Vileplume runs Glaceon!
Glaceon is fucking garbage and only works because of item lock and the combination with Jolteon/Regice.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>29512905
Name me a better water attacker to stick elixir energies on, mister goalpost mover. No, not Popplio, because he's going to be Lysandred out and killed. No, you can't use Giratina because your deck doesn't have room as I posted above.
>>
>>29512701

>Glaceon got 2nd at Orlando

As part of Jolteon/Glaceon/Regice, not by itself.

>You'll need some other water attacker.

Why? Like you said, other Pokemon with energy are just Lysandre bait. You might as well keep your energy on Primarina as much as possible.

>Show me your hypothetical deck. Go build it right now. Let me laugh at you.

Says the guy who considers 4 Rough Seas 'bare minimum'.
>>
>>29512316
From Pokebeach

Giratina – Psychic – HP130
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Devouring Light
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each player’s Pokemon BREAK can’t use any Abilities (including Abilities from their previous Evolutions).
[P][P][C][C] Shadow Claw: 110 damage. Discard 1 card from your opponent’s hand without looking.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Looks like garb isn't needed as much anymore.
>>
>>29512973
>goal poster
No retard, two different people are calling you retarded.

Also it looks like it's now 3 judging by above.
Move on and accept you're the retard here.

>>29513032
Fuck that's ridiculous.
RIP fucking Greninja.
>>
>>29513032
Wow.
>>
>>29513032

Pretty meh. Attack costs too much and will be impossible to power up outside of the Moon GX pokemon. Even then it's far too risky to put 4 energy on a 130 hp pokemon and potentially lose them in a toolbox deck. If MoonGX toolbox is a deck, this might be a 1 of.
>>
>>29513032

>Looks like garb isn't needed as much anymore.

As a Raticate BREAK player, I'm not sure if this is good or bad for me.

On the one hand, Giratina doesn't stop Ariados, so the strategy still works. On the other hand, Raticate has tool removal so can actually deal with Garb and Giratina means it would get poisoned.
>>
>>29513130
You don't attack with it. You bench it turn one so that your opponent can't evolve their trevenant into the break without losing item lock.
>>
>>29513022
>You might as well keep your energy on Primarina as much as possible.
Do you really fucking think you're going to regularly be evolving 2 Poppmaids in a single turn? That requires so much fucking luck of the draw it's unreal. Think about AT Swampert. He's not easy to get out regularly. Now imagine that but also with Elixirs needing to be hit and lots more energy.

>can;'t think of a deck
>thinks 4 Rough Seas is too much
>while simultaneously claiming the whole strength of 250 HP is healing
>but fuck healing
Retard.

>>29513050
>can't name one

Can any of you cocksuckers address any point I make? No. Because you're all fucking retarded and can't think of shit. You see big numbers and think oh wow so cool. You're all fucking retarded. I've illustrated why your shitty waifu deck is worse than what we have now and you just can't fucking take it. What a pathetic general, but I'm not surprised, this thread is without fail always wrong and always unable to analyze any single aspect of the meta.

>>29513130
>attacking with it
You dump it in a deck that hates Greninja Break. That's it. It's not very good but I could see it being run if Greninja gets huge again. Why would you look at a card that has a defensive ability and assume you're to attack with it? Am I on fucking Pokebeach?
>>
>>29513200
No one is gonna argue with you, we acknowledge that you're retarded.

I understand you're buttfrustrated that people know you're retarded. Please move on.
But here's a (you)!
>>
>>29513200
Are you the faggot that thinks that Scizor is godly and that he just got unlucky in Orlando?
>>
>>29513032
I'm surprised how many breaks have access to abilities. 21 out of the 28 break either have or evolve from something with an ability
>>
File: pkmn tcg code cards oct 28 2016.jpg (173KB, 1000x820px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn tcg code cards oct 28 2016.jpg
173KB, 1000x820px
>>
File: tyforthepacksanon.png (2MB, 1364x1524px) Image search: [Google]
tyforthepacksanon.png
2MB, 1364x1524px
>>29513666
>implying shit pulls
>>
>>29513816
LOL
>>
>>29513032
>>29512316

no more trevenant item lock in expanded
>>
>>29516161
>they fuck with trevenant
>not the night march scourge
why ruin the fun deck
>>
>>29516263

I don't play expanded, but surely Karen is the answer to Night March?
>>
>>29516299
It's as much the answer to NM as Ranger is to Toad. It's very helpful but it isn't like having it in your deck auto wins you the game.
>>
>>29516340

But it's not a one turn thing like Ranger. They put all the effort into filling the discard; then you play Karen, leaving them with just Pokemon and no way to discard them again.
>>
File: wsxdqw.jpg (105KB, 653x611px) Image search: [Google]
wsxdqw.jpg
105KB, 653x611px
>>29516263
bench damage and hypnotoxic laser shit on night march
>>
I haven't done any tcg shit in a few weeks. Volcanion is banned? Or is it just bugged in the client?
>>
>>29516882
It's bugged.
>>
File: 20161028_233909.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_233909.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
How worthless is this? Just found my old stash
>>
>>29517051
worth up to $50 if it's mint.

Otherwise not worth much.
>>
>>29517073
Well thats disappointing, if you zoom in you can see it is far from mint
>>
cough
>>
>>29508790
for this year, here: http://thecharizardlounge.com/tournament-results/2016-2017-regional-championship-results/#blw-sts

although, precious little has changed since last year so do check back to 2015-2016 too.
>>
>>29517051

Probably not much, foil area with Charizard looks scratched to hell and back. and you can see the under foil around the edges of the card.

Still pretty cool you still have it, though!
>>
>>29513032

>Giratina gets a break
>it creates a catch 22
>>
File: WIN_20161029_07_31_27_Pro.jpg (216KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161029_07_31_27_Pro.jpg
216KB, 1280x718px
Have some codes, post pulls please.
>>
>>29511775
We've talked about it a lot already. From last thread:

Bubble Beat is just Darkrai/Xerneas/M Gardevori on a 250 HP body
Grand Echo is a free Max Potion across the board...on a 250 HP body. Imagine if Wailord, for example, could Potion itself and your entire bench.
Ocean Sound is too pricey but it looks like the weight is shifting towards higher HP and lower damage counts outside of GX attacks, most of which are priced around ~200 damage anyways, so it can't be ruled out

Most importantly, all three of them have insane amounts of HP, letting them tank through the current major OHKO threats. M Ray can't OHKO it, Mewtwo needs 8 whole energies to OHKO, and most 2HKOs are now 3HKOs (Giratina, Darkrai, Yveltal in most cases, etc), which more than makes up for the Stage.

>Grand Echo is a free Max Potion across the board...on a 250 HP body.
To continue off this, don't forget about Solgaleo GX (which should be a Basic Pokemon that's searchable through Brigette), with the ability:
>Ability: Ultra Road
>Once during your turn (before your attack), you may switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
Combine this with Manaphy EX and Rough Seas, and the fact that Primarina has 250 fucking HP. Imagine playing against a Giratina or Yveltal deck; you can just keep shuffling them around for free and then resetting up to 8 turns of damage off a DCE.

There's no good grass cards currently in the meta, there's vespiqueen and the VERY niche sceptile. And m-ven which as of now is worse than sceptile.

Regardless, m-sceptile can't OHKO it. It can only do 200 damage to it maximum with weakness. M-Ven from generations can BARELY OHKO it and it needs 2 grass and a double colorless which is a LOT of energy. Meaning at earliest assuming it has a perfect hand it needs 3 turns to setup for the OHKO.
That's a longass time considering Pop can be setup in two turns.
>>
File: marowak break.jpg (273KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
marowak break.jpg
273KB, 450x324px
What is a good partner for marowak break in standard? Carbink break? Raticate + Hammers
>>
>>29516395
Issue is you would run one as a tech in your deck, meaning that you are not going to get that card every game unless you run Jirachi or get your computer search.

And even then it's not guaranteed, it might be prized because fuck you, you might not get the cards needed to take it out of your deck, or you might get it too late and just lose anyway.

It's a counter to the deck but it doesn't guarantee the win.
>>
>>29520011
Solgaleo is a stage 2 though
>>
>>29520142
Bone Windmill Marowak along with Safeguard Carbink simply murders EX decks. But it's really shitty against non-EX. You can try a line of each with something extra like a Zygarde-EX but it's good for the client only. Won't hold up against any real competition.
>>
I facepalm every time I see Ace Trainer played
>>
>>29521386
Why?
>>
>>29521386
Why, it's a decent card just like N.

Also it can potentially fuck your opponent hard if they get 3 energy or some shit.
>>
>>29521411
Why would you play it over N?
>>
>>29521435
They do different things. How are they both comparable, outside of being draw supporters?
>>
>>29521450
N can be used at any time and still punishes the player who has taken more prize cards. If you are really behind it is even better than Ace Trainer
>>
>>29521470
They have different roles dude, also Ace Trainer always gives you 6 cards while N gradually gives you less cards as you take prizes.

>use Ace Trainer late game when you have 4 prizes taken
>still get 6 cards

Alternatively:
>turn 2 or 3 or some shit
>enemy takes a prize
>use ace trainer to force him to 3 cards

Different roles, different shit and niches.
>>
>>29521470
Ace Trainer has both players always drawing the same number of cards. The amount of cards each player draws off N is dependent on the prizes.
>>
>>29521386

What deck were you facing when you saw it?

It makes sense if it was a slower deck that goes behind and then tries to win on the prize trade.
>>
>>29521505
It's always shitty noob decks on ladder. I've never seen any good decks play it
>>
>>29512211
Medichan-ex was one of the best RSE decks dont talk shit. Also im glad my older cards will still be useful then.
>>
>>29521536
Two of the top 8 decks in Worlds THIS YEAR ran Ace Trainer in their Greninja deck.

The 2nd place even.
It's a niche tech card.
>>
>>29521605
No one realizes that there's no such thing as a shit mechanic, just shit cards.
>>
I wish this was reprinted, it is similar to N but the art is pretty nice.
>>
>>29522062
There are a SHITLOAD of good and unique cards that were only legal for the usual 1-2 formats.

I have no clue why they think Juniper, N, and Ultra Ball deserve to be legal for 25% of the game's current history. It's seriously been five years and three generations at this point.
>>
>>29522092
I want N to go away. I had fun playing Judge before it was reprinted
>>
File: Team-Rocket-Special-Case-Promos.jpg (151KB, 787x665px) Image search: [Google]
Team-Rocket-Special-Case-Promos.jpg
151KB, 787x665px
The new Giovanni Scheme full art looks nice.
>>
File: d96.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>29522246
10/10 good shit
>>
Who here is going to be playing Incineroar? He looks to be quite good.
>>
>>29522397
I would find he was a stage 1. Not too keen on Stage 2's these days.
>>
>>29522397
He looks like the worst of the three. Below-curve damage, shit GX attack, and virtually no support since all the Fire cards either rotated or are basic-exclusive.

But they're probably going to be doing some more stuff with Burn. Maybe some kind of Volcarona reprint.

>>29522609
What does that have to do with it?
>>
>>29522092
You know for a fact they're gonna keep Juniper/Oak/Sycamore along with ultra ball until the game ends right?
They'll NEVER rotate out alongside shit like rare candy.

N might rotate out and Lysandre will rotate out soon for whatever Guzman does. Honestly, I fear the day fucking Lysandre is rotated out. Too many fucking anti whatever attacks that literally necessitate you to hit their benches.
>>
>>29522716
You do know we went fifteen full years without Juniper, Ultra Ball, and and N, right?
Ultra Ball was only introduced halfway into Gen V.
Same with N, other than Rocket's Admin which was only printed once and only lasted two years.
Before Gen V, the last time we had Oak was BASE SET.

The only cards that have been legal throughout the majority of the game's entire history are Potion, Switch, Full Heal, Energy Search, Pokemon Breeder/Rare Candy, and Poke Ball. And most of those missed a few formats during late Gen 2 and early Gen 3.
>>
Dont play since months ago, why was the game chat disabled?
>>
>>29523905
Bullying and harassment
>>
>>29522174
Judge is trash compared to N.
>>
>>29522246
>that jessie
>>
>>29523972
It was fun to screw people's hand with it on the first turn. Maybe I should give red card a try. I remember playing it with delinquent in a toad deck to put them at one card in their hand on the first turn
>>
File: why.jpg (12KB, 146x164px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
12KB, 146x164px
>using a shitty Golurk deck without eveelutions to get my 500 damage psychic challenge
>matched up against a M. Mewtwo deck
>turn 1 he gets trubbish, something like 4 Mewtwo Ex into play, spirit links two of them and puts a double energy on one and a floatstone on trubbish
>my turn 1 is straight up awful
>turn 2 he's like 20 cards ahead of me, evolved his garbadoor before I could evolve my Remoraid and has a few M. Mewtwo loaded up
>win the game when he decks himself because he could do nothing once both of his garbodoor were sitting in his discard

i don't know how to feel about this
>>
>>29524138
So how'd you win? You charged up a golurk, lysandred garb, and then carbink stalled?
>>
>>29524195
Yeah exactly. I didn't manage to lysander garb until super late game (he had one prize left) and at that point he already pitched his super rod and other garb
>>
>>29523905
lazy developers
>>
What's the Darkrai/Giratina decklist?
>>
>>29524599
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/orlando-regionals-2016/tcg-masters/
I assume you want the Orlando one.
>>
>>29524816
Thank you
>>
>Target and Toys R Us broke street date on evolutions a day ago
>We still don't know what's in the theme decks
>>
Is Fight Alone Lucario any good? Thinking about building one because I keep getting shit on by RR and it seems pretty cheap but it looks super vulnerable to any decent EX deck.
>>
>>29525730
You'd have a much harder time finding a card that isn't good online.
>>
File: slick snipes fam.jpg (124KB, 574x629px) Image search: [Google]
slick snipes fam.jpg
124KB, 574x629px
Anyone enjoying the panic sales famalam?
:^)
>>
>>29525873
Panic over what?
>>
>>29525901
new boosters coming soon and people are cashing out
>>
File: Cv51MmmUsAAZm3V.jpg (216KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cv51MmmUsAAZm3V.jpg
216KB, 1200x900px
Neat, they're actually different cards.
>>
>>29525955
???
Neither of those trades reflect that
>>
File: Cv50TyoUMAIwdtd.jpg (226KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cv50TyoUMAIwdtd.jpg
226KB, 1200x900px
>>29525960
>>
>>29525971
Then what do you think is a panic trade?
>>
>>29526194
Not what was shown in that picture.
If they were in a panic, wouldn't they be trading AWAY their SS? Instead of getting more of them?
What does the first trade have to do with Evolutions AT ALL?
>>
>>29526230

Exactly this. I'm currently converting my Steam Siege packs into cards just to protect against a drop in the value of SS. I'm not certain there will be a drop, but investing in cards is a bit safer.

The idea that people are 'panic selling' to get *rid* of their cards makes no sense.
>>
>>29525873
Damn son, guess I'll try to actually look for some trades instead of asking and selling.
>>
Why do people play so slow, I don't care if you spend 5 mins looking at my cards when I mulligan, and then spend 5 more minutes choosing a starting pokemon
>>
They should really add a feature that allows the sleeves you use to be a random one from your collection.
>>
>>29527450
When I started it took me often 20 minutes to play 1 game, so I think its just new players being slow.
>>
>>29527450

>see person is playing water/normal type
>go to the bathroom, get a drink, mow the lawn, do my taxes
>by the time I get back the person has finally placed a froakie as their active pokemon
>>
>>29527450
My favorite was when we had the chat
>Playing an M Ray deck
>"Oh boy, can't wait to watch you jerk off for 20 minutes!" -my 10-year-old opponent
>Game ends, my timer's at 22, his is at 15
>>
File: Capture.jpg (264KB, 1470x914px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
264KB, 1470x914px
i have no clue what i'm doing
other then the fighting fury belt, what should i change
>>
>>29528039
Remove: 1x Fennekin, 1x Braixen, 2x Energy Retrieval, Fighting fury belt, 2x Energy Retrieval.

Add: 2x Rare candy, 2x Trainers mail, 2 more Talonflame and 1 more Talon Break for starters.

You don't really want to start with Fennekin.
>>
File: 1474840471482.jpg (123KB, 551x434px) Image search: [Google]
1474840471482.jpg
123KB, 551x434px
>>29528039
>just 1 shaymeme and its a full art
>using evosoda and town map
>1 balloon and FFB
>no synergy at all

I have no idea what you're doing either famalam
>>
>>29528518
i never used talonflame before, but i can't seem to play talonflame on first turn unless i have another basic pokemon in my hand, is this the case?
>>
>>29528620
Read the prompts you get very carefully, then use your head.
>>
>>29528039

- Talonflame and Talonflame BREAK are competely dead cards unless you start out with Talonflame, but you're only running 2. Those aren't great odds. Maybe add a Fletchling and more Rare Candy so they can be used?

- I'd get rid of Burning Energy really, or drop it to 2 at most. You can't search it with Delphox BREAK and if you do start with Talonflame, you can't use it immediately.

On that point, switch Special Charge for Energy Retrieval/Recycler or Fisherman or something.

- FFB does nothing. You don't want Shaymin or Fennekin taking hits if you can avoid it.

- You need Trainers' Mail

- Add another Sycamore
>>
Ive never played ptcgo before but I have a booster box and a half worth of legendary treasure codes, would that be worth anything there? trades? ect?
>>
>>29528832
good to trade because of muh mew-ex reprints, wait until new set comes out to maybe trade for each treasure for 2/3 evo packs
>>
>>29528832

Yes. Online packs redeemed from irl booster codes are tradable in-game.

Legendary Treasures isn't the most valuable pack, but you should be able to get some decent stuff.
>>
>run 9 energy
>6 are prized

I hate this game sometimes
>>
>>29529038
This is why people run town meme, just to scoop quickly over prize draws
>>
>>29529341
>Not knowing what's prized from the first ultra ball

Its like you want to lose deck space for a meme card
>>
>>29529439
For something like Gyarados deck you really need to at least see it in prizes etc.

And btw. how does the trading cost actually work? I mean sometimes I get the 8 coins back, do I only get it back when its successful? At least I know that if I cancel the trade before it expires, I get nothing back.
>>
>>29529523

Successful trades give you the tokens back. Unsuccessful/cancelled trades don't return the tokens.

It's meant as a deterrent to stop people making ridiculous offers that nobody would ever accept. 8 tokens really isn't a big deal though, so people make crazy requests anyway.
>>
>>29529834
Yeah makes sense.
>>
>>29525990
Still no translation? Where do i get news when pokebeach is sometimes slow?
>>
>>29529341
Doesn't matter when I know what is there, and that it's all energy and I don't get lucky enough to pull 2 of the 3 energy I need from the 40~ cards in my deck.
>>
>>29530098
A twitter post said the first attack is flip until you get tails and for each heads draw a card, mario's second is flip a coin for 50 more damage, and luigi's second is 20 damage to self.
>>
>>29530385
Shit, i wanted to use them on a deck just for the bluff. Even the retreat cost won't help...
>>
>>29530385
good enough against shit decks :^)
>>
How many Breakpoint packs is Greninja break worth?
>>
>>29531168
Like 14
>>
File: IMG_20161029_184211.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161029_184211.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
I'm back from my shorty pre-release, with shitty cards.

It could be worst I guess, but I didn't get shitty Charizard pre-release which is going over hundreds on eBay.
>>
File: rip.jpg (379KB, 899x853px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
379KB, 899x853px
>>29531392
Truly sorry for your lots, anon.
>>
>tfw ladder will probably soon replace SS packs with Evolutions

I don't want these shitty cards in the shitty old frame
>>
>>29531436
then wait for the SM set famalam
>>
>>29531417
I still dont get the deal of exeggutor. They shouldve reprinted Electabuzz...
>>
>>29531503
Funny how Evolutions is pure shit, yet what few cards we've seen from S&M are already defining the meta
We're going from one of the deadest sets in the game's history, to one of the most important
>>
So how popular is PTCGO, really?
>>
>>29532251
Literally only I play it. If you play it, you're facing me.
>>
>>29532251
There's normally ~60k players on the leaderboards at the end of each ladder, which requires you to win at least one Versus match.
Android app alone has 1~5M downloads. Google's vague like that.
>>
>>29532251
I don't play that often on it famalam, I just do my meme spider trades to buy shaymemes with
>>
>>29532356
>forcing your meme this hard
>>
>>29532375
I've got a new currency after you fags ruined the spiders
>>
>>29532356
>>29532375

Yeah, it's getting pretty cringeworthy. You can make profit on Ariados, we get it.

>>29532456

Why do you only trade through one card at a time? How do you make a profit at any decent rate?
>>
>>29531551

>I still dont get the deal of exeggutor

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Exeggutor_(Tropical_Mega_Battle_Promo)

>They shouldve reprinted Electabuzz...

It is in the set, albeit as a common
>>
>>29532500
I'm not him but I found my trade scam and it's slowly making me profit.

Usually at a rate of 1-2 packs a day. Up to 5 packs a day if the trading goes well. Feels kinda nice to be honest to go from 3 packs to 14 packs by the end of the week.
Will need to re-adjust my trading scam prices after Evolution comes out though.
>>
>>29532800
That's about how I got my second shaymeme, maybe a bit faster. I made around 20 packs in one week and farmed the rest in tournaments
>>
>>29532800
>1-2 packs
that's shit.
I make 5 on a bad day (like weekends...), and up to 17 on a good day (like when Wednesday's trailer came out). Average is about 10-12.
>>
>>29532800
>>29532858

I would get bored trading through just one card I think. Obviously I started trading with just one card, but I diversified and invested in other cards.

Been snowed under with uni work recently and so I've been limited to *only* 8-10 packs per day. You guys are making me feel greedy.
>>
>>29532920
Congrats anon, I'm only running like 2 cards right now and don't really want to branch out due to Evolutions coming out.
It's a decent gain for 2 friggin cards that are being used.
>>
>>29533140
Most of my profit comes from 3 cards, actually. 4x trades are great.
...and yeah Evolutions is going to fuck everything up. 4x trades might not even be possible.
>>
>>29533250
I wish Evolutions was a collector's set unrelated to standard
>>
File: hitmonchan.jpg (66KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
hitmonchan.jpg
66KB, 430x600px
He's coming back but has he been completely power creeped out?
>>
>>29533555
yes
>>
>>29533555
He's no 10/10, but he's meant to be a strong tech in any fighting deck. Exact same damage scaling as Lucario and Zygarde, bot on a non-EX.

Unfortunately, baby Zygarde has 30 more damage on its second attack. The question ends up being whether or not Jab is better than Rumble.
>>
>playing typhlosion deck
>against a deck that starts talonflame
>go first and up cynda and energy, don't skyla in case they N me like a nigger
>he uses skyla and puts nothing else on his field
>skyla a rare candy since I had a typhlosion in my hand
>auto win since I hit him smogonbird for 160 dmg

I don't get it, you had the skyla start... Why not ultra ball, level ball, dive ball or whatever...
People in this game confuse me.
>>
Is fighting a dead type in standard? Doesn't look like there's much good support other than Carbink break.
>>
>>29534818

Garchomp is sort of usable. Not too much else though.
>>
>>29534818
I've been trying my best to make Zygarde-Carbink-Vileplume good but I only win like 80-90 of the time if I get the lock first turn and if I don't I prolly win 20% of the time, I think there is still some hope for that deck to be a little better but prolly still not good enough for real competition.
>>
>>29534818
Zygarde is probably the most usable fighting card right now alongside Garchomp.

Neither is good however due to rotation of previous core cards however. They also lose really bad to item lock.
>>
>>29534818
This notion of "type" mattering needs to leave right now. We only recently received such concise type support, and now that half of it has rotated, we're back to how the game's been for the majority of its history.

Cards are not defined by their type.
>>
File: ZygardeHammerAndHeal.png (1MB, 1397x887px) Image search: [Google]
ZygardeHammerAndHeal.png
1MB, 1397x887px
>>29534818
>>29535056
>>29535243
Oh and I also have this deck on test, 8-2 so far and it seems pretty solid, better than the Zygarde-Vileplume at least, gotta test some more and see if anything is too problematic.
>>
>>29535243
>>29535056
>>29534915
>>29534818
What about a Machamp-Ex/Ariados meme deck with Carbink/BREAK for support? Would that be at least usable?
>>
>>29535497
we talked about that in the last thread. it's fun, not really competitive >>29499754
>>
Type support was a mistake.
>>
>>29535497
I've been running this without Shaymeme because I don't have one and it is very fucking slow. Given enough time you can plow through things not named Garchomp but you're so dependent on Ariados firing off it's ability every turn garb ruins you. If you lysander Garb in it's very possible your opponent can still 1 shot you with M. Mewtwo but if they can't 1-shot your Machamp you should be able to win out on prize trades.
>>
Why is STS Gardevoir not considered good? I've been stomping with it lately, especially since Scizor seems to be dying off, even with Volcanion bugged on the client.
>>
>>29535746
You mean brilliant arrow gard?
Because it's slow and shit on by a lot of the meta decks. Especially Gira/Dark which while might seem even at first, quickly goes to the Darkrai's favor as soon as he starts dropping double dragons.

The ONLY reason despair ray gard is considered good is because it can win 90% of the time against mewtwo due to hitting it for weakness.

M-Scizor isn't a relevant deck as of now, it loses to Dakrai/Yvental variants too hard. Which Gard decks also lose to.
>>
File: IMG_5367.png (222KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5367.png
222KB, 600x564px
>play online
>versus
>99% of players are guest users with mental might
>>
>>29535936
no I meant Despair Ray. It's been shitting all over everything for me. And yes, I know the Client is hardly a relevant measure, but plenty of Meta decks seem to crumble. Mewtwo may as well scoop. DarkTina is easy as fuck if you're smart about evolving your Megas at the right times. Xerneas/Yveltal BKT/Greninja/Baby Volc decks you can choose your output to OHKO the best choice, while also clearing the sniped bench so long as they can't 2HKO something. MRay is pretty even. Scizor is the only real issue I've faced, and that seems to be in a lull.
>>
>>29536761
running this build btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGNqQXpL5g just with -1 Fairy Drop, +1 PCL.

I'm finding it hard to see a downside apart from Scizor.
>>
>>29535746
>>29536761

Who said it's not considered good?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pkmntcg/comments/57q1pu/discussion_orlando_regionals_top_32/

It didn't make top 8 at Orlando, but several made top 32.
>>
>>29536445
I've just been rolling them over all day. They don't know how the deck works and most of them just suck. Enjoy the free tokens and get into real tournaments son.
>>
>>29536894

>-1 Fairy Drop, +1 PCL.

But why? What status conditions are you so afraid of that you're willing to give up your Supporter for the turn?

Is it just because you can grab it with VS Seeker?
>>
>>29537017
mostly for the VS seeker benefit yes. But also because the deck has so much draw power between the recycling Shaymin & Hoopa that there are oftentimes turns where you just don't need to play a Supporter. Moreso than any other deck I know of. You can deck yourself out very easily if you're not careful. If you don't need to Lysandre, and you have all the pieces Skyla fetches you, well why not have a supporter that can fill that heal? Plus you can drop that along with a Fairy Drop on the same turn to go from the familiar 110 damage back to zero. And you can also deny prizes by tossing a damaged Gardevoir from the bench to discard. it's very prize denial focused.
>>
>>29537342

I'm just not sure PCL is the best use of a Supporter. Even if you don't have to draw/Lysandre, I think there are better things to use.

Olympia would be a better shout in my opinion. It heals, but also can get a Gard/Hoopa/Shaymin onto the bench so you can discard it. TFG could also be used. You aim for 2HKOs vs EX decks - energy removal can help to prevent you taking damage in the first place.

>And you can also deny prizes by tossing a damaged Gardevoir from the bench to discard

Of course - that's possibly the most important aspect of the deck.
>>
>>29536957
Yes, and how many of the others were darkrai/Giratina and Mewtwo compared?

I personally think it's just not that great compared to Mew2, Darkrai, or Yveltal which do the huge damage gimmick better. Look at the number that they placed and compare garde.

>>29536894
It loses to the other deck top decks pretty hardcore, it doesn't even have the benefit of hardcore countering mew2 that despair ray has.
>>
>golurk one shots mewtwo, darkrai, yveltal

Is being a stage 1 really so much of a handicap he can't be competitive?
>>
>>29537824
Stage 1 + 4 energy while everything and their mother oneshots him. What will you do after he gets killed? Rebuild in the next 2-3 turns, just to get oneshotted again?
>>
>>29537824
it's energy cost is massive and garb messes with carbink/eeveelutions.
>>
>>29537695
everyone is talking about despair ray gard except you anon.

>>29537591
Olympia is a bit surplus to requirements thanks to Fairy Garden. Plus clearing your bench of the whatever with energy attached is a good way to power up Mega Turbo mid-late game. Which makes Olympia only better early when you are initially powering up. In which case you may as well run Ninja Boy.

TFG could work well with Gards Link Up attack as well. I might give it a spin.
>>
> Running Machamp/Ariados
>2 prize cards away from winning, opponent still has 6
>Opponent running shit-tier deck
>He has already played 3 Team Rocket's Handiworks
>Have 4 cards left in my deck
>Confident I can pull it off
>He plays another Team Rocket's Handiwork
>Sweating
>First coin flip is heads
>Ok I still have 2 cards I got this
>Second coin flip
>Heads
>fuckinghellman.mp4
>>
The standard format is really boring, when does the next set drop to spice things up?
>>
>>29539167
31st.
It's not going to spice things up at all.
>>
>>29539250
That's really disappointing.
>>
File: 1476746577209.png (43KB, 179x207px) Image search: [Google]
1476746577209.png
43KB, 179x207px
>>29539250
it's going to spice up the fun and memes
>>
>>29539167
>>29539250
>>29539359
>>29539370
CP4 when?
>>
Would evolutions mewtwo be a good tech in mega audino decks? Audino already runs Giovanni's sceme and mega mewtwo needs to stack at least 4 energy.
>>
So i just got back from my prerelease, and holy shit why did every pack from the kits have really bad edgewear? only the extra boosters at the end were in decent condition
>>
>>29539892
Lots of people have been reporting that.
>>
>>29539909
Its pretty annoying because i got the full art brock and its like a psa8 at best pack fresh
>>
Cough cough
>>
File: 1289369854964.jpg (127KB, 500x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1289369854964.jpg
127KB, 500x1861px
>>29541112
>>
>>29541514
OH MY FUCKUNG CUTE
>>
>>29535327
That looks like a really solid deck senpai
>>
>>29507616
I want to see Incineroar one.
>>
don't die
>>
im fucking dying man.
>>
I pulled 3 mega latios this week. What a fucking waste
>>
Who /huntsville, alabama/ here
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-30+at+10.54.00).jpg (304KB, 1183x848px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-30+at+10.54.00).jpg
304KB, 1183x848px
Is the print button not working for anyone else? I tried in other decks and restarting the client, but it doesn't seem to be working.
>>
Today is going to be an interesting day, 16 water KO challenge.

>water deck is keldeo
>people regularly concede turn 1 if I set up
>night marchers concede as soon as I karen them
Oh boy, today is the day of concedes.
>>
>>29544546

Water isn't even good in theme anymore, now that Crushing Current exists.
>>
>>29544586
Eh, at least it's ridiculously solid in expanded with keldeo/blastoise.

I feel like keldeo is one of those decks that will never go away with how good it is, it does good even against item lock since honestly if you go first you don't care about the lock since you OHKO everything anyway since you're setup and even if you don't the other item lock deck has to setup on their very first turn or you're likely to setup. Makes it a 40/60 matchup for the item lock. If I don't see a keldeo deck do well in expanded in the regional then I'll be surprised.
>>
>>29544546
>>29544586

Why do you need to play Karen though? Surely you just knock out a few low HP Night March Pokemon and then just let them win?

I know you might hate letting Night March win, but at least you'll get your challenge done.
>>
>>29544649
Because fuck night march, I see it way too much.
But honestly I might start doing that at least while my challenge is going on.
>>
No you were right first time. Fuck Night March right in it's virgin asshole. Four Karen in every deck.
>>
File: XY8_EN_120.png (151KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY8_EN_120.png
151KB, 245x342px
What's stopping noctowl/vileplume in standard? Is it consistency now that battle compressor is gone?
>>
>>29545411

The fact that it's shit.
>>
>>29545677
can you tell a little more?
>>
>>29545411
It's inconsistent.

>item lock your opponent first turn
>now can't reliably get noctowl out

It also has 90 friggin HP, knocked out by a LOT of pokemon.
It's Glaceon/regice/jolteon if you go viplume.
>>
>>29545411
Noctowl being shit is what stops it??
>>
File: xy12 theme decks.jpg (269KB, 1264x1599px) Image search: [Google]
xy12 theme decks.jpg
269KB, 1264x1599px
The theme deck contents finally got revealed. At first glance they seem weak.
>>
>>29546282
Mewtwo would be better if it wasn't running 29 pokemon.
>>
>>29545411
N is in every single deck multiple times. Meaning you can quickly find yourself doing no damage. In the meantime Noctowl has a puny 90HP. Good luck streaming multiples under your own item lock.
>>
>>29545750
>>29546410

thanks anons
>>
>>29546341

They're each running 30 pokemon.
>>
>>29546876
The point is the Haunter, Drowzee, Machoke, Sandshrew and Koffing line do absolutely nothing but take up space. You're just going to want to get out Mewtwo, Hitmonchan, Nidoking, or Dugtrio but you never will.
>>
>>29513816
how much is that volcanion card worth?

i have 2 irl
>>
>>29547058
I would say no lower than 12, no higher than 20.
>>
File: kanto.png (892KB, 691x488px) Image search: [Google]
kanto.png
892KB, 691x488px
Will you be using the anniversary promos or the Evolution FAs? The differences are subtle.
>>
>>29548459
Ill be using the ones in English.
>>
>>29548459
That thing is gonna be good in standard
>>
>>29548898
what
>>
File: Charmander-Toys-R-Us-Promo.jpg (56KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
Charmander-Toys-R-Us-Promo.jpg
56KB, 578x327px
There's a fucking line for the fucking Charmander card at fucking tru

There's over 100 people here, why did I get out of bed
>>
>>29549317
Go ask a cute girl how she feels about the current format lmao.
>>
>>29548898
It isn't.
>>
>>29549317
Just got back from mine.
No line, but I got there half an hour early and they were already out of Pikachu figures. Which was the entire reason I went.
The book is shit, by the way. Only like five pages, half of which are ads for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29548837
In case you're being genuine instead of retarded, both will be in English. Left is the design you see in Evolutions, right is the design from the promo boxes.
>>
>>29545748
Vespiqueen deals more damage and can evolve on T1, even so its not tier 1.
>>
File: 230498230948230948.jpg (47KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
230498230948230948.jpg
47KB, 450x800px
when the LGS breaks street date

also, what cards should I be looking out for
>>
>>29550396

Dragonite EX and Charizard only because of "Charizard Tax" for the latter
>>
File: set list.jpg (74KB, 300x658px) Image search: [Google]
set list.jpg
74KB, 300x658px
>>29550063
We've known since the french leaks that either the megas or the starters weren't getting full arts.
So what's the set number of the English Evolutions full art starters going to be?
>>
>>29550396
Report any store breaking the street date
>>
File: 987987987987.jpg (52KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
987987987987.jpg
52KB, 450x800px
>>29550396

who the fuck asked for this shit to be reprinted? also, the quality of the reverse holos seems different
>>
>Hard drive broke and had to reinstall on a new one
>None of my logins are working
>account attached to an e-mail I dont have anymore
Should I start over or just kill myself.
>>
>>29550521
I wish TCPi would have adjusted for power creep with abilities and attack effects instead of number changes, Could have kept the spirit of the card the same while still not having a worthless set.
>>
File: 9384059834095340958.jpg (43KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
9384059834095340958.jpg
43KB, 450x800px
>never puled this card when it was new

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29550767
It wasn't even that good. Blastoise and Venusaur were both better, Charizard just fooled kids with big numbers.
>>
File: 90980912348230.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
90980912348230.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>29550396

not a bad box at all!
>>
>>29551089

>That toe out of nowhere

Is the Surfing Pikachu the only Secret Rare you get? Did you get any Imakuni?'s Doduo, Bilingual Exeggutor, Flying Pikachu, or Here Comes Team Rocket as well?
>>
>>29551089
Shave your skin eeugh
>>
>>29551135

got a flying Pikachu too. not sure about the others
>>
>>29551089
Nice foot <3 saved :3
>>
File: Dark Vaporeon.jpg (98KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Vaporeon.jpg
98KB, 354x500px
>>29551045
I remember using poliwrath back in the day and then moving on to this before quitting. By combining it with trainers like energy removal and gust of wind, the opponent just couldn't do anything ever.
>>
File: oneshotcombo.jpg (197KB, 572x680px) Image search: [Google]
oneshotcombo.jpg
197KB, 572x680px
Does Gengar/Ampharos have any merit to it or is Raticate BREAK just straight up better? I'm thinking about which one to build as my first meme deck.
>>
>>29551944

The latter is straight up better since you are not playing two Stage 2 lines
>>
>>29551972
That's what I thought at first but Gengar+Ampharos has the advantage of being one turn faster with rare candies, doesnt it?
>>
>>29552065
Wally
>>
File: memes.png (2MB, 1431x1076px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
2MB, 1431x1076px
>>29551944
>>29552065
>not just running 4x Ampharos etc.
It's like you guys hate fun.
>>
>>29551944
Play golbat instead of ampharos, but none is good because of magearna...
>>
>>29553179
>magearna
LOL
>>
>>29552386
Wally is not a counterargument because both decks can use it in exactly the same way.

>>29553179
If I play Crobat (I assume thats what you meant) instead of Ampharos then I can only one-shot 4 times throughout the whole game. And while it is nice that it hits non-Ex pokemon, it seems un-worthy of a slot.
Also Magearna seems too slow to stop the one-shot train. And even if does, you would be stuck playing lots of metal energies, which means youre playing M Scizor lol
>>
>>29507792
Why change ex to Lv. X?
Why change Lv. X to Prime?
Why change Prime to EX?

EX just lasted a little bit longer than the previous "More powerful Pokémon" gimmicks. Wait until next rotation and EXs will probably be completely out.
>>
>>29554036
Nah, I think EXs are here to stay. As of right now it seems all the GXs do is replace a stage with a more powerful version, EXs provide something very different by allowing you to play the last stage of the pokemon with no need to play its pre-evolutions. If anything BREAK and Megas will be gone, the former sooner than the latter.
>>
>>29554211

We've already seen Snorlax and Lapras GXs, which are basics. There won't be any EXs.
>>
>>29554036
>EX just lasted a little bit longer than the previous
That's an understatement. Very few mechanics persisted for a full generation, while EXs lasted two full ones. EX Pokemon are currently the longest-lived gimmick in the game's history even without counting ex or GX.

>>29554211
>EX Pokemon have yet to be mentioned in any leaks, even though we had EX news on Day 1 on XY's TCG release
>We already have enough announced GX Pokemon to fill SM1
>No new Mega Pokemon so that's not even an issue
It's not like GX Pokemon are any different from EX anyways
>>
File: ros.png (271KB, 389x363px) Image search: [Google]
ros.png
271KB, 389x363px
Managed to get around 120 ROS codes for like $30 CAD. Was it worth?
>>
When will the shaymeme bubble burst?
>>
>>29554569
When's next rotation?
>>
>>29554569
Hopefully never. I just bought my playset for MGardevoir and I don't want to lose money just so noobs can play it in their casual deck
>>
>>29554489
I don't think spending money on codes is ever worth it. But if you don't want to spend like a few days doing trades or whatever, sure.
>>
>>29554569

Roughly ~5-6 years from now when it rotates out of expanded.
>>
File: thingslikethatmakesmesick.jpg (14KB, 192x189px) Image search: [Google]
thingslikethatmakesmesick.jpg
14KB, 192x189px
>>29554634

>yfw Pokemon TCG's Expanded will be the same as Magic's Modern aka cards will never rotate out
>>
>>29554676
Sure it will give it a decade.
>>
>>29554489
Totally worth it, people are selling ROS packs for 1$ each on the internet and you paid about 0.18$ for each.

>>29554603
Sure you can make packs for "free" but it requires hours everyday for few weeks to reach that amount of packs. So its totally worth it, I'm not a fan of buying packs and I rather make packs by trading but hell yes I'd skip few weeks grind for that amount of cheap RS packs.
>>
>>29554712
>hours
?
>>
>>29551944

You'll have to deal with this thing.
>>
>>29555918
Eh, it's not much of a problem though, Hex Maniac, Lysandre, Bursting Balloon, and even regular Raticate's attack can work around it, but yeah it can be very annoying.
Speaking of Garbodor's, anyone know about a mon that can deal 100 damage with a DCE, or a Psychic that can deal 50 with a DCE, basics are preferred.
>>
>>29554676
Almost like that's the point.
>>
>>29556335
>hex maniac
Does literally what Garbo does. How is that a way around?
>>
File: ScreenShot036.jpg (184KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot036.jpg
184KB, 1286x749px
Guys, gonna play at a local league this coming saturday.

Opinions on this decklist?
I expect a decent amount of vespiqueen/viplume along with quite a lot of night march so I decided to tech in the Karen to fuck them over hard.

Fairly easy to dig out of your deck too with compressors+vs seeker, ultra ball+jirachi, and the such.
>>
>>29556696
Is Victini really necessary just for Articuno?
>>
>>29551944
raticate. easily.

It'll get better with Evolutions too.
>>
>>29557412
Tech card basically, it's really good if there's a large number of night marchers since it almost 100% guarantees you can kill anything in their deck that isn't wearing a fighting fury belt with just one heads and get ahead on prizes fast which is the point of the articuno.

Also in general it means articuno can avoid being a horrible piece of shit on flips and almost always hit for at least 60+ damage.
>>
>>29556545
Yeah, brainfart there, for some reason I thought it only worked on your opponent's pokemon because that's how I've been using it so far.

Cant we have some items that inflict status effects? But only one at a time, don´t want hypnotoxic back.
>>
>>29557525
Non-mons causing status effects kinda devalues having mons that do them. Why bother playing (mon name here) when I can just throw a status effect generator into a deck with better mons?
>>
>>29557856
Coin flips. The hammers already do it with energy removal. Mons advantage would be that they can can do it consistently and repeatedly.
>>
>>29557514
I guess that makes sense. Articuno is also an alternative weakness against grass.
>>
File: SwoobatBREAKthrough72.jpg (210KB, 610x848px) Image search: [Google]
SwoobatBREAKthrough72.jpg
210KB, 610x848px
>>29556335
Swoobat?

Woobat could recover and swoobat work with one energy. they can be searched with level ball. woobat recovers a card from the discard but has to flip a coin. Swoobat can ko a garb but it might return to your hand afterwords.
>>
up
>>
I think I just created a brand new sick meme.
>>
File: egg-face.jpg (13KB, 364x337px) Image search: [Google]
egg-face.jpg
13KB, 364x337px
>>29560631
lay it on me
>>
>>29560674
I will take a screenshot and post in a bit.
>>
File: turn1.png (2MB, 1420x1075px) Image search: [Google]
turn1.png
2MB, 1420x1075px
>>29560674
>>29560868
>Go last turn 1
>Get some energy
>Go ham
This shit is auto lose against Water toolbox and grass decks are difficult too.
>>
File: ads123.png (1MB, 1494x890px) Image search: [Google]
ads123.png
1MB, 1494x890px
>>29560674
>>29560868
>>29561027
I started out without Talonflames etc. and wen't 3-0 but after lost few matches and decided to test out Talonflame.

I really like Togekiss and I'm going to try to find a way to abuse it properly.
>>
File: meme.jpg (177KB, 811x505px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
177KB, 811x505px
They think they know memes. Heh, I'll show you memes.
>>
>>29561320
I made Marowak Break deck yesterday as well, its not too bad, hits quite hard late game with strong energy, I had exp share on it so I could revenge easily with it.
>>
File: haymaker-pokemon.jpg (207KB, 980x342px) Image search: [Google]
haymaker-pokemon.jpg
207KB, 980x342px
>>29546282
They should have distributed a modern haymaker deck as a theme deck. what a missed opportunity
>>
>>29561494
I love the idea of exp share for marowak. i used an exp share build for fight alone lucario/cobalion. n + cobalion = sheer destruction.
>>
>>29561494
You don't need EXP share because of Carbink and because you usually use two strong.
>>
>>29561657
In that deck yes, I had different kind of deck, just a pure meme with Maxie and Garchomp along with that Marowak Break etc.
>>
What do you think packs will be valued at after evolutions comes out?
>>
File: Brainstorm with Jace.jpg (755KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Brainstorm with Jace.jpg
755KB, 2048x1152px
Spent way too much on two boxes, I'll never open another pack of this trash set.
>>
>>29561561
What would the other one have been though? Super inconsistent Rain Dance?

Do the Wave? Big Basics? Actually, the former would probably be good as a deck similar to rallying call.

>>29561823
Probably not a lot. I don't think there's anything in the set that's really nearly as playable as things like Jolteon and the reprints don't matter all too much.
>>
>>29561839
The Charizard and Dragonite pay for one box, you did far better than average.
>>
>>29561839
Then what did you expect lol? This set is for collectors.
>>
File: IMG_20161030_191618.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_191618.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>29561839
I'm waiting for the singles to be cheap.
This set is too odd to be good.

Hell, the secret rares in this set are not even holo.
All I want are few cards from this set and be done with it.
>>
>>29562036
The singles probably won't be cheap for a while, at least the ones people want like Dragonite and Charizard. This set also has reverse holo base set DCE, so it'll keep some demand for a while.
>>
>>29562036
I do need that promo to go with my pre-release Charizard
>>
>>29562072
good luck finding one cheap.
I had to wait in a long as line for this card
>>
>>29562121
I woke up and got there as soon as the store opened. Me and a couple other people plus a family were there, but they said they started the event at two o'clock, but since we got there we got the cards. Probably due to the little girl who wanted it.
>>
>>29562121
$6 is cheap enough for me. Free would have been nicer but by the time I got to the store it was swarming with kids.
>>
I went to my local TRU near 10 in the morning and the line was okay, managed to get the Pikachu figure as well as basically no one wanted the Meowth
>>
>>29562158

Eh, the price will drop with time.

>>29562232

I decided to skip out, I had better things to do earlier.
>>
>>29562265

It's one of those "I couldn't really sleep so I might as well go pick one up for laughs" things, went to my LGS and get the Mewtwo EX box and the only good thing I pulled as the SR Volcanion EX
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-30+at+09.32.12).png (42KB, 692x272px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-30+at+09.32.12).png
42KB, 692x272px
>when your opponent starts lone basic
>>
>>29561839
this set is so bad.
>>
>>29561839
>Non-EX Mewtwo is a nonholo.

TPCi fucks up again...

>>29562597

At least it somewhat redeems LTR.
>>
New Thread

>>29562677
>>29562677

>>29561839

I can never wrap my head around the fact that the template is a discordian mix of Japanese and English formating, font, and everything else

>Filename and the random Jace, the Mind Sculptor

kek

>>29562670

Considering that they decided to put Mewtwo in a theme deck, this kind of rarity demotion is par for the couse
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.