[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your first shiny encounter - that you weren't specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 31

Post your first shiny encounter - that you weren't specifically looking for. Completely unexpected shinies, nothing chained or bred for. Mine was a psyduck in the Omega Ruby safari zone.
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 274x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 274x233px
>>29561728
Back in ruby.
>>
File: pink.png (9KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
pink.png
9KB, 720x540px
this bitch
I was looking for Snubbull
>>
Yanma in X. been playing since Silver so it's been a long time coming.
>>
File: shiny golbat.png (10KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
shiny golbat.png
10KB, 256x192px
>>29561728
EXACTLY AN HOUR AGO. I WAS TRAINING LITERALLY THE LAST LEVEL BEFORE THE LEAGUE AND THIS HAPPENS. IT'S MY FIRST ONE IN TEN YEARS I'M SO HAPPY
>>
File: image.gif (255KB, 452x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
255KB, 452x325px
My first shiny wasn't until Pearl. I found a really, really early pachirisu and thought it was just the female Sprite so I didn't save after catching it. Next day my friend at school was talking about shinies and I realized what I did
>>
Back in white
Shame my save was deleted
>>
File: image.png (134KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134KB, 450x450px
>>29561950
Forgot pic ofc

>>29561876
Nice catch anon
>>
File: fearow_by_mssingno.png (246KB, 900x512px) Image search: [Google]
fearow_by_mssingno.png
246KB, 900x512px
In diamond at the resort area in the postgame. My first game was sapphire and I had no idea what it was, just that it wasn't normal. I still have it in my Y file.
>>
>>29561918
post yfw
>>
File: Spr_3r_222_s.png (632B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_3r_222_s.png
632B, 64x64px
My brother wasn't sure what a Luvdisc was so I quickly flew to Ever Grande City to fish and show him, found this.

Last I checked I don't think I still have it though. I have the Ruby cartridge, but I think I actually just started a new game without thinking about it? Was probably only 10 at the time, don't think I knew its significance.
>>
>>29561728
I was blindly breeding for a female Ralts with a specific ability, and a shiny male ralts popped up on my 6th egg.
I just boxed it, I think it's still there
>>
File: 1460945772706.png (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460945772706.png
34KB, 800x600px
shiny magikarp in silver
mfw i found out that you get a free shiny gyarados later on
>>
While EV training
>>
File: shibacle.png (89KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shibacle.png
89KB, 300x300px
First time playing through Pokemon X, had just gotten rock smash, and I decided to give it a go to see what I could find under the rocks, and this guy happened to pop out. It was my first shiny even, and also the first Binacle I encountered.
>>
File: image.jpg (306KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306KB, 1600x1066px
>>29561989
>>
a shiny delibird in X when i was helping my friend find out the pokemon in her safari zone
>>
>>29562063
Friend safari gives you a 1/516 chance to find a shiny.
>>
>>29561971
Thanks! I'm always stocked on Premium Balls since I catch regular pokémon in regular poké balls and shiny ones in premium, and all it took was a confuse ray and 4 balls. I just beat the league too so it was an amazing and memorable double victory

Also shiny Shelmet color scheme looks amazing, same goes for its evolution
>>
>>29562105
(Well now I catch them that way I guess, since it's my first shiny lol)
>>
File: 278_Wingull_DW_Shiny.png (19KB, 498x199px) Image search: [Google]
278_Wingull_DW_Shiny.png
19KB, 498x199px
>>29561760
man that's a cool shiny

caught this birdo back in my first run of sapphire but she's since been deleted
>>
>>29562101
yeah, but i was just a surprise to me because that i didnt know there were delibird there and i usually hunt for my shiny pokemon
>>
Was EV training using Hordes. Came across this guy not even trying. Caught and named Confetti
>>
>>29562101
Huh, is that so? I have a Friend Safari with Larvesta, so I may have to dabble with that.
>>
File: accelgorshiny.png (238KB, 1000x906px) Image search: [Google]
accelgorshiny.png
238KB, 1000x906px
>>29561971
fucking jealous

>>29562027
this happened to me in SS after i caught the shiny gayarados
>>
Shiny Kadabra in Leaf Green's Cerulean Cave. I was on my way to fight Mewtwo but ended up using my Master Ball on the Kadabra. Feels bad man.
>>
>>29562135
>>29561728
Holy shit, you guys had my two only shinies.

Am I destined to be a Water trainer?
>>
File: shiny ralts.png (35KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
shiny ralts.png
35KB, 260x240px
>Gen 2
The Red Gyarados and nothing else.

>Gen 3
Caught a shiny Psyduck just outside Lilycove in Sapphire. Was disappointed to learn shiny Golduck is barely different from the normal one.

>Gen 4
Was training on Iron Island when I encountered a shiny Graveller. I managed to catch it, and sure enough when I checked it knew Self-Destruct by didn't use it.

>Gen 5
Was breeding Ralts for competitive Gardevoir purposes in White 2 when I hatched a shiny one. Female, with perfect IVs in Special Attack and Speed. Had Synchronize, but once Gen 6 came around I was able to trade it up and get an Ability Capsule. Sometimes I still Battle Spot with it.

>Gen 6
Was randomly fishing and running around trying to fill out the Pokedex in X when I caught a shiny Barbaracle.

I'm considering trying the lottery.
>>
>>29562221
yes
>>
>>29562378
That's amazing on the Graveler! I knew I should've brought a Damp Psyduck to Iron Island, but still couldn't be fucked. Glad I didn't find a shiny one though, I would have been pissed if I missed my first shiny ever.
>>
File: snoruntshiny.png (20KB, 185x217px) Image search: [Google]
snoruntshiny.png
20KB, 185x217px
It was in route 216, in Platinum.

I was actually hoping to find a shiny Sneasel, but I happened upon this little guy. It was male and I didn't really want it, though it felt special, so I gave it to a friend who really liked Glalie.

She was pretty stoked about it, even nicknamed it for her and all. We went to high school together.

I never found that shiny Sneasel.
>>
File: tumblr_nm099fVM1D1qdhis0o1_500.png (102KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm099fVM1D1qdhis0o1_500.png
102KB, 500x327px
Trapinch in my mono-dragon run in XY.
It was my first shiny ever and Flygon is the most beautiful shiny ever made so it was great.
Unfortunately it had bad IVs and a Calm nature so it had to be relegated to a U-Turn lead.
>>
File: tumblr_m7xxwuVYcR1r5yidjo1_500.jpg (45KB, 482x408px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7xxwuVYcR1r5yidjo1_500.jpg
45KB, 482x408px
>>29561728
>Playing BW
>Get to the part in the sewer with the """""Rival"""""
>Double battles because the game is force feeding us the gimmick
>Encounter 2 Zubat, only 1 is Shiny
>Can't catch it because double encounters are shit
"It's ok, I'll just faint the non-shiny Zubat."
>Attack the non-shiny, the Rivals shit AI targets the Shiny
>It's a crit!
>Stare at game in abject horror
>Start attacking the Rivals Pokemon
>They get auto healed at the end of each battle
>Initiate wild encounters for the sole purpose of fainting Rivals Pokemon

A game has never made me so mad before.
>>
File: weepinbell.png-c200.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
weepinbell.png-c200.png
2KB, 200x200px
My first shiny was a Weepinbell back in Silver, back before I knew what shinies are. I must have blinked when I encountered it, because I didn't see the shiny animation. I thought I might be crazy, and that my friends wouldn't believe me, but I was pretty sure that the Weepinbell was a slightly different color. I caught it anyway and left it in the box. I checked it every now and then, but never caught a normal Weepinbell to compare it to. I told a friend about it, but I don't think he believed me.

I'm kind of impressed at my childhood autism to even tell the difference. It's really subtle.
>>
>>29563063
Did you get to hold her hand?
>>
File: 118-m.png (930B, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
118-m.png
930B, 80x80px
Shiny Goldeen was my first. Thoroughly disappointing, barely different. Never bothered to evolve it into Seaking.
>>
>Gen 2
Raticate right outside of Celadon City. Wasn't able to catch it unfortunately.

>Gen 4
A Gastrodon on the water route near the Battle Zone. I caught it...with a fucking Cherish Ball that someone gave me because I didn't realize those were unobtainable until later on. Into the trash it goes.

>Gen 6
A Durant in Y on one of the late game routes. Caught it in a Luxury Ball for swag.
>>
File: 2231-Shiny-Phanpy.png (135KB, 800x692px) Image search: [Google]
2231-Shiny-Phanpy.png
135KB, 800x692px
Back when Heart Gold first came out and I completely forgot about it till recently. Now it's in my Pokemon Y ready for Sun/Moon!
>>
File: Golbat.jpg (36KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Golbat.jpg
36KB, 533x400px
Shiny Golbat in the cave connecting Kanto & Johto in original Gold version. Was a cool surprise and I used my pink Crobat when I took on Kanto.
>>
>>29563308
In all honesty this is partially your own stupidity. You should have immediately tried to knock out the rivals Pokemon.
>>
File: 1453953201140.png (95KB, 242x296px) Image search: [Google]
1453953201140.png
95KB, 242x296px
>Fearow from Diamond
>Pikachu from Platinum
>Raticate from HG
>Hasty nature Rayquaza from SS
>Kingdra from X with fishing trick
>Magby from AS with shiny charm from mirage spot (I killed it accidentally)
>Spinda from AS with shiny charm
>AS Lonely nature Zekrom with shiny charm
>AS Bold nature Lugia with shiny charm
>>
I was playing Emerald and grinding on Victory road in the post game. It was fun times and nothing serious since I had maxed out IVs by this point and was just mindlessly leveling. All of a sudden I look up from my leveling coma and there is a Red Makuhita staring me down. I snagged his ass fast and he even had solid stats and Thick Fat which the Hariyama I had been using didnt have.
>>
Ran into a Pikachu in Platinum. Caught it just because "Hey new dex entry."
Two steps later I ran into another Pikachu and realized the one I had just caught was a shiny.

From then on I vowed to always look at the screen when encountering wild pokemon and/or always have the sound on, just in case I almost miss another shiny like that.
>>
>>29563853
Wouldn't have worked. My Pokemon weren't a high enough level to OHKO his.
Putting an AI in charge of an allies Pokemon in a double was just shit design on GF's part.
>>
Shiny Purrloin in Black 2/White 2, I think.
>>
I'd say this counts because it was unexpected even if it wasn't an encounter. I got a shiny treecko through wonder trade.
>>
>>29563983
You didn't necessarily need to OHKO. The shitty AI could have missed, used a non-damaging move or targeted the non-shiny Zubat, giving you more time.

The odds were stacked against you either way, though.
>>
>>29561728
>Gen 3
>S
A Golbat in Shoal Cave. Killed it.

>Gen 6
>X
A Yanma in a horde, while I was looking for an Eevee.

>AS
Caught a shiny Sawk while IV hunting... For a Sawk... But I never had the intention on finding a shiny.
>>
>>29563308
Your rival would have had a Lv. 20 starter and a Lv. 18 Pidove.

Wild Zubats in that area are Lv. 14-17.

You were fucked either way because of Hugh targeting the shiny and crit-ing, but yeah, you should have been focusing on knocking out his two Pokes desu.
>>
File: Red_Gyarados_Encounter_HGSS.png (11KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Gyarados_Encounter_HGSS.png
11KB, 256x192px
;___;
>>
>>29564322
lol
this is everyone's first encounter man
try again
>>
I've played every Pokemon game multiple times and have never seen a shiny.
>>
File: 095_Onix_AG_Shiny.png (42KB, 728x776px) Image search: [Google]
095_Onix_AG_Shiny.png
42KB, 728x776px
Think it was an Onix in Crystal
>>
>>29564423
he put a crying face what do u think that fuckin means you dumb ass bitch
>>
>>29564606
Same but in gold.
>>
This motherfucker when G/S was released. I 1HKO'd him though, lol.
>>
>>29564628
it means I know what he meant and that I was only joking
that's what the lol was there for
it's hard conveying sarcasm in a text-based medium anyway
>>
>>29561728
nincada in pokemon emerald. 2 shinies from one mon
>>
Fucking Ratatta in Silver, wasn't really interesting. Then a Floatzel in Diamond, which was a little better, and then a Psyduck just a week ago in AS
>>
>>29561728
Pokemon Go Ghastly because its purple and my mom can't fart purple gas so it has to be shiny. Really cool.
>>
here lies shiny wurmple, gone before ever obtaining a fucking pokeball. you are not missed
>>
Back when I was a tween playing Diamond, I really wanted an Eeevee and the Pokedex said it was found in the trophy garden so I looked for about 5 hours trying to find it not knowing that I had to unlock the option of being able to find it first.
End up finding this thing and spazzed the fuck out.
>>
Rattata in Silver. On Route 29. Before getting Pokéballs. I was so mad, I immediately turned off my GameBoy Color and stopped playing Pokémon for a month.
>>
File: shiny pooch.png (208KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
shiny pooch.png
208KB, 400x304px
>>29561728
This cute little shit way back in Sapphire. He's now chilling in Bank together with my other random shinies waiting for gen 7 to come around.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.