[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw Fairy is now weak to Ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

>mfw Fairy is now weak to Ghost
>>
>>29560074

It isn't.

Even if it was, it still wouldn't be a "double triangle", because Incineroar isn't weak to Fairy.
>>
>>29560136
Dark is weak to Fairy
>>
>>29560307
Fire resists Fairy
>>
>>29560320
Pardon the conversation is the dual reversal not the dual directional like in gen 6.

Sorry about that
>>
>>29560345

Fighting/Psychic/Dark is not a triangle because Dark is immune to Psychic

Game Freak doesn't give a fuck about some "double triangle", they just pick whatever secondary type makes sense for the Pokemon.
>>
>>29560385
Isnt the issue being that a more desirable type split be that the primary typings flow in one direction of effectiveness where the secondary typings flow in the opposite directions.

If greninja and chesnaught swapped secondary types?
>>
>>29560385
How is this not a triangle?

Psychic beats Fighting
Fighting beats Dark
Dark beats Psychic
>>
>>29560074
Fuck that, Ghost is already too good. It has only 1 resist and 1 immunity, It's as bad as Dragon but with an extra type it hits SE. We're just lucky there aren't any high BP moves for ghosts to abuse
>>
>>29561169
yeah it's great that Gengar doesn't have access to 130bp Hex by virtue of having access to every status in the game that isn't Freeze
>>
>>29561169
this. psychic is the one that needs a buff, make it super effective against fairy and make ice resist steel.
>>
>>29561564
This is how I win.
>>
>>29561123
Grass resists water, water resists fire, fire resists grass

Psychic resists fighting, Fighting resists dark, Dark is completely immune to psychic.

You don't care about what your starter is meant to beat because your rival never picks the one weak to you. You care about what they pick because you're gonna fight it. And if you can't low health torrent hydro pump that sceptile to death because you ran out of PP on your other moves, you're not gonna have stories to tell gamefreak about your cool pokemon adventure.

>>29561564
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic into Hex means you get 130 base power across two turns.

Close Combat or Brave Bird twice means you get 240 power across two turns.
>>
>>29560074
The datamine revealed that there were no modifications to the type chart
>>
>>29561123
Fighting resists Dark
Psychic resists Fighting
Dark is immune to Psychic

That's why it's not perfect.
>>
>>29561755
How autistic do you have to be to get bothered by this?
>>
>>29561819
how stupid do you have to be to realize that dark is an OP type?
>>
Fuck Ghost. Ice needs buffs more than any other type.
>>
>>29561893
Defensive buffs. As for offensive buffs, that would probably be Bug
>>
>>29561893
It's fine offensively (it's one of the best types for offense actually) but it needs defensive buffs. Being Ice type is basically a death sentence in all but the rarest cases.
>>
>>29561893
Ice needs a defensive boost. It's not the only one though. Grass, Bug, and Poison honestly need a buff too. Bug is weak as shit. Grass is almost as bad as Ice, and Poison types aren't really viable, aside from countering fairy.
>>
>>29561726
>>29561755

I'm still not getting how it isn't a triangle. Just because Dark is immune to Psychic does not make it imperfect. Immunity = Resistance, just no damage instead of half damage
>>
File: 1477672649530.png (193KB, 981x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1477672649530.png
193KB, 981x1031px
>>29561855
>Dark
>In any way OP
>>
>>29564867
That's not how it works

the point of the rock/paper/scissors matchup is that they all have equivalent strength to each other within the triangle

Psychic being gimped compared to the other two (due to it being completely useless against Dark) means it's the weakest

also, you suck at the game if you think an immunity isn't a big deal
>>
>>29561663
I like the resistance idea.
>>
>>29564867
Retarded huh?
>>
I always thought it was stupid when a person thinks that fighting/psychic/dark wasn't a triangle.

Fighting good against Dark; Dark not good against Fighting
Dark good against Psychic; Psychic not good against Dark
Psychic good against Fighting; Fighting not good against Psychic

That's a triangle to anyone with an age 2+ education in shapes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 790x726px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 790x726px
>>29565266
The problem isn't about it being a triangle or not, it's about a disadvantage in the triangle Fire/Water/Grass is an equilateral triangle, each side is equal. Psychic/Fighting/Dark is isosceles.

Here is a diagram, just in case you don't get it.
>>
>>29565266
Also retarded?
>>
>>29560074
While there at it will they boost Gengar’s states and make a ghost Special with 150 Pwr.
>>
>>29560074
Fairy is never getting nerfed.

Cry some more.
>>
>>29561893
I think we're forgetting that Electric has one weakness
>>
File: 1477498213934.jpg (42KB, 492x647px) Image search: [Google]
1477498213934.jpg
42KB, 492x647px
>>29561855
> Dark type being OP

okay, now i'm sure i've heard everything
>>
>>29568050
so does normal, your point?
>>
>>29565482
Math. Fuck Yes
>>
>>29565482
Kalos starters are fight/psy/dark, what the fuck are you talking about? They can do and they can be whatever the fuck they want them to be
>>
>>29561726
>>29561755
That's not even mentioning Fighting is the only one that doesn't resist itself. Whereas grass, fire, and water all resist themselves.
>>
Feels good knowing I chose Popplio.
>>
File: image.jpg (752KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
752KB, 2048x1025px
>>29560074
What's with these people pushing these nonsensical fairy weaknesses with clearly no regards for research or sense of any kind? It's not like a nerf to them offensively wouldn't be just as effective, just remove their SE over fighting and you're fine. Maybe give a few more things a resistance but fuck. It seems like people are just pushing for a particular edgy type to be powerful against them. Is poison not enough? Are not enough of your bros steel type? If you actually want to press the issue then fairies would actually be SE against ghost, or resist them, if anything. There's no mythological basis for this whatsoever.
>>
>>29561663
Agreed on the psychic weakness because it's one that makes a bit of sense at least. If psychics are the smart type then it'd stand to reason one could also see them as a skeptic types. Not believing in Tinkerbell kills her, so I could see something like that working. Honestly on the subject of triangles, if you want to push the dark/psychic/fighting thing more, just change dark's immunity to psychic to a resistance. It's just a holdover from the big psychic nerf that put them where they are now forever ago. I could see ice resisting fairy as well, given their ties to nature.
>>
>>29568050
It could afford another weakness but it isn't necessarily needed, what with Earthquake existing and all. If you need to buff ghost (you don't), I could see it being weak to ghost given the fact ghosts often take over electrical equipment.
>>
>>29560074
Wow you're a long way from home Henderson.
Are you lost? I can guide you back to where you belong my bed.
>>
>>29560385
A better triangle would be flying / fighting / ice
>>
>>29560074
Would that somehow let that excited Mega Ampharos kill Fairies with Shadow Ball?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.