[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: s-l300.jpg (31KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
31KB, 300x288px
what went wrong?
>>
>>29559998
Masuda
>>
>>29559998
ORAS came out too soon and remakes are boring
>>
>>29559998
There wasn't enough Gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>29559998
GF, despite being massively successful, neglected to hire any competent modelers, programmers, or writers for these games. These games probably contain the worse case of railroading and handholding there is in this franchise.
On top of their apparent and sheer incompetence during this time, it was quite clear that these games were rushed, with ORAS being the biggest offender of the two.
>>
>>29559998
Masuda and his "people nowadays spend time in more than one game". He's partially right, but people prefer good and challenging games, and Pokémon RPGs are neither of them without any facilities.

>>29560023
This. Is hard for me thinking that the guy that directed Gen V was the same guy that directed Gen VI.
>>
>>29559998
nothing, unovabortions are the new genwunners, gen5 is a fucking copy even in this, genwunners hates everything after, unovabortions hate everything after. unovabortions are a majority here in /vp/ because is a shit board full of retards since sun and moon reveal
>>
>>29560411
kys,genwunner
>>
>>29559998

Nothing in particular, they were good games, if a bit too far on the easy side.

I guess it would have been better to at least try and do Megas for Milotic and Flygon though, and the lack of Frontier did hurt the game for players who like that aspect of the post game.
>>
Exp Share.

"Hurr just turn it off"

Just stop.
>>
You guys know that outside of this board, people think these games were pretty good right?
>>
File: 4cf0862audFzSq6Y.png (78KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
4cf0862audFzSq6Y.png
78KB, 600x590px
>>29561308
I'm actually kind of confused how people can think these games (XY/ORAS) are good. I mean they are very blatantly a huge pile of shallow, souless, rushed wasted potential. And this isn't something you need to look critically at to even notice. Pokemon is dead
>>
>>29561455
Meh i still enjoyed them. To each their own i guess.
>>
>>29559998
Battle Frontier
>>
I think Sun and Moon are proving to be the games that X/Y/ORAS were trying to be.

Regardless of how well S/M go over, they at least have a lot more content in them than X/Y did. Alola feels far more alive and vibrant than Hoenn v2 did.

Maybe this could be corrected in a Z version/deluxe version in future that actually pays off the whole 3,000 year war thing/AZ but as it stands, X & Y are a bunch of good ideas that don't go anywhere and aren't expanded upon in greater detail.
>>
>>29559998
GF thinking people who buy these games want things very similar to mobile games that are free compared to their 40$ purchase on a 100$+ console
>>
>>29561455
This. I mean fuck, look at the release, they had fucking the worst save ruining glitch on release on like any Nintendo 3ds game to my knowledge

If this was the DS they would have had to recall the game costing millions

Lumiose save glitch

Aka the place you visit 3 times and it's the region's crown jewel
>>
GF continues its trend of coming up with exactly one brilliant improvement to game mechanics, and then inexplicably never using them ever again.

Hardmode went away. Say goodbye to the DexNav, and get ready to re-welcome HMs in SM2.
>>
>>29559998

Timing and execution? Who cares. Better to focus on the present.

MAKE POKEMON GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>29559998
It was a tech demo.
>>
are these not the 4 best selling pokemon games to date?
>>
>>29560269
Could it be that he was just kinda jynxing it on purpose just because he had felt the series were overdue already? I mean just so someone would suggest taking it from there without completely abandoning it. I get this feeling every time I think about how lackluster XY and ORAS were.
>>
>>29562482
The best selling games were RBY, but even if XYORAS sold better, they still are rushed as fuck

sales =/= quality
>>
>>29561247
Does make the games a lot more playable though.
not that it's an excuse
>>
>>29561455
Maybe it's because all pokemon games are good?
>>
>>29561247
What if they make it so that it can be held by one pokemon to soley focus on that pokemon and have it so it can be activated to give experience to all
>>
>>29559998
best games only nostalgia nerds and spergs disagree
>>
>>29561247
No. You stop being retarded.
>>
>>29559998
nothing really, i enjoyed the games and if i hadnt sold my copy of Y i'd probably still be doing nuzlockes of it.
Oras was just a big nostalgia trip for me and i liked it a lot
>>
>>29559998
Nothing, just a vocal minority bitching endlessly, and they are all unovabortions.
>>
>>29560411
Nah >>29560427 Dubs tell the truth.
>>
BF is a retarded, gimmicky RNG fest that tryhard faggots jerk off because it's """"""hard"""""". Prove me wrong.
>>
>>29562482
No. They are half or RGB

But they are the highest selling games on the 3ds
>>
>>29567886
I can't. You can't fix shit taste
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>29567922
And here we see the bf fag in his natural habitat flinging ad hominem as a monkey does it's own feces.
>>
After 5 straight generations of improvements, we finally get one that's worst than the last one.

I still think it's better than gens 1, 2, and 3. XY doesn't deserve all the shit it gets on /vp/, especially fags complaining about difficulty. Turning the EXP share off makes it considerably more difficult.

>hurr but I don't want to grind
Don't, pussy. Be under leveled. That's what makes it hard. Besides you have EV trained Pokemon while NPC trainers don't so the level gap evens out most of the time. Plus you're not braindead AI (maybe)

ORAS deserves the shit it gets though. It's the only remake that isn't objectively superior than the original. The dex nav was the only saving grace.
>>
>>29559998
Mega evolutions
>when you have no excuse not to turn off mega evolutions every fucking battle
>>
>>29567965
yea wut dafuq wuz they thinkin, makin weaker pokemanz better n sheeeit. i should just b able to steamroll errything wit my garchomp and infernape all day erry day!
>>
>>29567949
amen
>>
>>29559998
OR/AS
>>
>>29559998
I loved ORAS because it had the most defined and convenient post-game and best tangential elements, like 3D flying over Hoenn.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.