[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all agree that gen 1 was the worst gen, right? >Terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1142.jpg (365KB, 780x1048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
365KB, 780x1048px
We can all agree that gen 1 was the worst gen, right?

>Terrible launch games
>Terribly overrated post-launch games
>Ugly, uninspired region that's a pain in the ass to navigate
>Horrible pokedex full of shitty designs, with awful type distribution, edgegar, too many useless legendaries nobody asked
>More shitty useless HMs, yay
>Worst gimmicks out of any gen
>Terrible unfun mini-games
>Worst protagonist
>Worst villains
>Bland husbando trash rival
>Forgettable gym leaders and side characters
>Gen 1 fanboys are fat neets
The only good thing about this shit-tier gen is the missingn0 memes
>Inb4 "y-your j-just a *place literally any generation here* baby w-with sh-shit taste...!"
>>
>>29558540
>We can all agree that gen 1 was the worst gen, right?

I guess? I mean, I HOPE it's the worst one since the series is supposed to improve upon itself. But gen 1 was by no means bad.
>>
Yes, but as a kid playing these games was bliss. And TFW gen 2 came out and it was even better.
>>
File: 1473199424422.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1473199424422.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>29558540
>Look mom I posted it again.jpg
>>
I still replay Gen 1 all the time. It was a simpler time.

Also, epic bait OP.
>>
>>29558558
I mean it was at the least unfinished and buggy since they released JP Red and JP Green them the remastered International Red and Blue and then Yellow
That's five games for no reason but their own ineptitude
>>
>>29558595
I enjoy the fact people are just copying one thread and anons are still being baited in.
>>
>>29558564
I feel the same, anon
>>
>>29558540
I get this is just making fun of that OP who shat on gen 5, but did you really have to stoop to that OP's level by also being a faggot?
>>
>>29558614
>I mean it was at the least unfinished and buggy

Almost all the bugs are unnoticeable unless you're trying to trigger them on purpose. And some of the shit in that image isn't even bugs but game mechanics. Hyper Beam not needing a recharge for example and the Wrap mechanics could have easily just been a game design choice.
>>
>>29559146
Wasn't it shitting on gen IV
>>
>>29559237
I thought it was Gen 3
>>
>>29558540
1. Pokemon Red and Blue are the best selling role playing games of all time.
2. See 1.
3. Isn't that like saying that Hyrule is a pain in the ass to navigate? I mean... dungeons and puzzles are part of RPGs.
4. First gen designs are the best; they defined Pokemon and are what all other designs are compared to. They are the most Pokemon like designs; designs now are made by new artists trying to imitate old ones are follow in the footsteps of the old. The type distribution was not made with balance or a meta game in mind; it was made with the animal kingdom in mind. There are only 5 legendaries in the whole thing and they are mostly rewards for exploring the world and adventuring. I'd say that people are okay being rewarded with a rare, powerful Pokemon for going through one of those 'pain in the ass' dungeons.
5. HMs are garbage. Agreed. However, you need a way of halting progress.
6. The gimmicks in Gen 1 are all the ones that defined ones which became standard later.
7. Are you talking about the game corner? Then yes.
8. Considering that the protagonist is supposed to be ME, I'd say he's a great protagonist. I like myself.
9. I'd say the villains are grounded enough to be believable. I actually liked the lower scale Pokemon mafia just wanting to make money. I really disliked N's whole thing; I disliked there being a parallel antimatter universe in the Pokemon world and Cyrus wanting to destroy the whole universe... like what the fuck is that, even? This is Pokemon.
10. I dunno; I like rivals that are challenging. Better than that idiot who only danced or that dude whose entire character was MY PURRLOINNNN!
11. The gen 1 gym leaders are most memorable; they were the first; they defined the rest; and they were the first in the anime. Nobody who grew up with pokemon will ever forget Brock or Misty.
12. I'm not fat and I'm not a need. So this is false.
>>
>>29559146
>rightfully shitting on Gen 5 makes someone a faggot.

Gen 5 will always be the second worst Gen no matter what you unovafags say.

Sage
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.