[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PMD>Main Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (753KB, 1000x895px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
753KB, 1000x895px
Prove me wrong.
you can't

Also pic related is objectively the best PMD game
>>
As much as I love PMD, it just doesn't have the same replayability as main games.
>>
They're fun in a mindless time killer sort of way, but the worldbuilding is sort of atrocious
>>
>>29557509
>Apples > oranges
PMD and the main franchise are 2 seperate genres. I like both, but you can't state that one is objectively "better" than the other.
>>
>>29557509
>Skyfags still shoving their subpar game down people's throats
Recruiting everyone in RT was fun and Super at least has the benefit of having decent gameplay. Explorers only has a mediocre plot that's only good if you compare it to other Pokemon games. Even Dangan, another game series made by Chunsoft, is far better than Sky from a storytelling standpoint, and that game had all sorts of bullshit in it.
>>
>>29557727
OP is an ass but you're a hipster.
>>
>>29558147
Sky's story really isn't anything special. None of the PMDs had particularly good stories, they're onlygood if you compare them to other Pokemon stories since they either don't exist or haven't been executed well.
>>
Why are PMDfags so obnoxious lately? They used to be a pretty cool fanbase.
>>
File: 1475549733902.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475549733902.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>29557509
The ending in Explorers of Sky was pretty contrived. It would've been hard-hitting had the MC and the others disappeared when they were supposed to, rather than Dialga doing that ass-pull. I loved the rest of the game, but the end just really let me down.
>>
>>29558292
>furfags
>cool
Pick one
>>
>>29558349
I mean they kind of had to if there was supposed to be a post-game.
doing it again in the dark timeline was bad though
>>
>>29557509
The plots are fun but the gameplay is pretty repetitious compared to the main series. Gates/Super did a good job of enlivening the incredibly boring dungeon generation of Red/Blue and TDS, but it's still not quite there yet.
>>
>>29558231
Nigga for a video game it's one of the greats. It's no Ghost Trick or Vampires: Bloodlines but it's fantastic.
>>
It's the best overall, but the other localized entries all do something better.
>>
I can't actually,I liked Sky more than I did black and white
Why the hell did it go down hill gates to infinity?
why do all 3ds Pokemon suck?
>>
File: Koizumi Mahiru.jpg (338KB, 623x814px) Image search: [Google]
Koizumi Mahiru.jpg
338KB, 623x814px
>>29557727
>preferring Dangan
I like you, anon
>>
>>29558418
I honestly would've liked it more if you were given the choice to take over as one of the other Pokemon in the guild like Bidoof or something, and do the post-game as them. Y'know, rather than the MC being revived because "Muh feelings made it happen."
>>
>>29558493
Not that anon but none of the characters in PMD were memorable at all, yet the game kept trying to force emotional moments between you and your partner regarding the world despite there being no reason to care for anyone in it, since they were all cardboard cutouts. As a game, it's outclassed by Super.
>>
>game has OCdonutsteel shiny girl legendary that has an obvious crush on one of the protagonists
>expects itself to be taken seriously
>>
>>29558786
honestly i kinda like when they use shinies in game and they should do it more often.
not only in PMD in all games
>>
>>29557509
but super mystery dungeon is way better
>>
>>29558585
That would anger the grinders and adventuring with some other bloke just isn't the same since you have no attachment to them, attachment built up by the PC's adventures with your partner protagonist by grinding and collecting.
>>
>>29558690
Only PMD that had a decent cast of characters was Gates, and that was mostly because they dialled back the partners role. I was not a happy chappy when they went overdrive with the partner in Super but that was mostly undone by the bleh gameplay.
>>
>>29557509
>>29557509
Why do people keep calling this game/series good? It doesn't have one good review and it has a 54 on metacritic. Yeah yeah i know reviews arent the end all be all but they give somewhat of an indication of a game's quality .
>>
>>29560714
Lots of fans of the series played Explorers during a formative period of their lives and they became attached to it purely based on sentimental value. Also, Explorers was a lot of people's first PMD so they didn't experience how much of a retread of Rescue Team it was.

In general the games are nice, light-hearted fun that's a break from the main games with an interesting gameplay system and nice music. There are A LOT of things these games do that I wish the main games, and so I stick with PMD because it has what I want from Pokémon.

>they give somewhat of an indication of a game's quality
I'd like to think so too but it really depends. Reviewers can dock points for shit that doesn't make sense (like "too much water"). At the end of the day reviews are just opinions and what detracts from one person's experience doesn't necessarily detract from someone else's.

That's partly why I can't tolerate the elitism like in the OP. Plenty of people got into these games despite reviews trashing them, but they themselves try to impose an """"objective"""" ranking with the same bullshit that reviewers use.
>>
>>29560714
Have you played it anon? Perhaps you can find out.

>>29558493
I have to agree on your taste, but you overblow this game a bit.

>>29558444
The dungeon generation could be more interesting, for sure.

>>29558292
It's just the skyfags.
See >>29561326
>>
File: 1439788796421.png (267KB, 451x464px) Image search: [Google]
1439788796421.png
267KB, 451x464px
>We have two wait 3 years to get other MD game
>>
>>29561326
I actually played RT first and liked it, but I was younger and had weaker taste. I played RT recently and ultimately enjoyed it, but I have also gained more appreciation the improvements in EoS.
Mystery dungeon was something I fell in love with because it somehow gave me a sense of adventure, mystery, companionship, being far away from home, advancing a frontier, and the feeling of being a hero. Maybe it was the music (especially towards the end), maybe it was the feeling of being young and explorative, or maybe it was being in direct control of the pokemon and deeper interaction with the pokemon themselves.
Agree with rest of the post in general.
>>
>>29561662
The music's got a lot to do in this series, indeed.
I don't think they'd be as beloved without it.
>>
File: IMG_4368.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4368.png
27KB, 527x409px
Both series are equal to one another.
Stop saying PMD is better when it isn't.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.