[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think any of the protags ever met each other? With two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

Do you think any of the protags ever met each other? With two coming from Kanto and two coming from Johto, and two coming from Unova
>>
well red is from kanto and sun/moon are from kanto as well and they will meet
>>
Ethan and Lucas probably met.
>>
>>29557729
Oh yeah, I guess it really does all come together. I meant in childhood though

>>29557940
Really? Actually, I always imagined Ethan/Lyra to be characters who would travel to plenty of regions, given how willingly they just up and went to Kanto immediately.
>>
>>29557989
>I meant in childhood though
What was the pre-ORAS timeline again?
>>
>>29557426
Well we know Red has met Ethan and meets Sun/Moon.
>>
>>29558030
ORAS=FRLG>HGSS=DPPt>BW>BW2=XY>SM

I consider the timeline unchanged
>>
File: 20161006_200402.png (609KB, 1062x782px)
20161006_200402.png
609KB, 1062x782px
>>29558151
If the timeline is unchanged then why the hell did Red and Blue aged but not Wally?
>>
File: 1458359436345.png (475KB, 893x732px)
1458359436345.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>29558229
The same reason Caitlin, Cheren and Bianca aged but Tate and Liza didnt.
>>
>>29557940
I'd think so as well. I'd also think that Ethan would've met one or more of the protags seeing as they seem to travel to random regions without problem. I also think that there might be a chance that Lucas/Dawn have met some of the protags that Looker runs into by sheer chance or something.
>>
>>29558926
I think Ethan/Lyra would be inspired to go to Sinnoh with just how many Sinnoh people they meet in their adventure. I'd think Crashed Wake, Maylene or Cynthia would invite them to the region, and specifically to the Survival Area
>>
>>29559446
Yeah, that's something I was thinking of as well. That and the fact that the Johto and Sinnoh protags share a Battle Frontier, or at least the same members, so maybe they would meet when they go to challenge the facilities.
>>
>>29558407
But BW2 happens shortly before ORAS

Tate and Liza were actually a bit younger in the PWT
>>
>>29559747
But Norman has been a gym leader in BW2 and only recently became one in ORAS, that doesn't add up.
>>
>>29559747
What? No dude. On all of your comment.

>>29559619
Well no, Johto just built its own Frontier similar to the one in Sinnoh and the Brains travel between regions.

I expect Ethan/Lyra to go to the frontier one day and hear that the Brain they are looking for is in Sinnoh, and get inspired to go there after them or some shit.
>>
>>29560250
>I expect Ethan/Lyra to go to the frontier one day and hear that the Brain they are looking for is in Sinnoh, and get inspired to go there after them or some shit.

Yeah, that's one of the possibilities I was entertaining while thinking of the topic. Imagining HGSS with Sinnoh added on top is crazy as fuck, now that I think about it.
>>
>>29560302
The regions had so much synergy though that it works. Hoenn and Kalos dont have near that synergy Or Hoenn and Kanto.
>>
Rosa/Nate met Red and Blue in the PWT.
>>
>>29562432
post game isn't cannon tho
>>
>>29561031
I feel you, anon. Johto and Sinnoh worked so well together and it's a real shame that there hasn't been regions that share that sort of connection.
>>
>>29561031
>Hoenn and Kalos dont have near that synergy
It bugged the fuck out of me the way they forced so many Kalos references into ORAS
>>
>>29562432
it it. Is not canon who won the tournement, but they were there and met Blue and Red, pretty much like Sun/Moon in the battle tree,
>>
>>29562485
I say postgame is canon when it adds substantial story or lore. Like, we learn Silver is Giovanni's son through the Celebi event, so it's canon.

I'd say the PWT is canon, but winning it isnt. So yeah, Nate/Rosa most likely met Red.

>>29562546
Forced is right, it felt generally unnatural. Like, if Wattson was looking for a town to emulate to make Mauville ultra modern, Lumiose with it's zero skyscrapers and several cafes arent what comes to mind. Saffron or Castelia, maybe.
>>
>>29562485
>>29563352
Episodes are postgame and they are confirmed canon, no?
>>
>>29563385
Delta Episode? Yes actually.

Also, Jasmine mentions going to Sinnoh in HGSS postgame, and is there in Platinum.

>>29562518
It really helped immerse us in them more too. And they had the best lore.
>>
He kept his young face, but he appears to be older
>>
>>29563679
Oh we're off that ages ago. GF just reused a model. He's definitely older.
>>
>>29562432
>>29557426
Ok so Red meets Nate/Rosa, Ethan/Lyra and Sun/Luna

Nate/Rosa meets Hilbert/Hilda in the Battle Subway (if you multi battle over IR)

Ethan/Lyra possibly meets Lucas/Dawn. And maaaaybe Brendan/May when the were kids. If they both went to the same fair in Goldenrod or some shit.
>>
>>29564461
>Kris
>>
>>29563352
>I say postgame is canon when it adds substantial story or lore. Like, we learn Silver is Giovanni's son through the Celebi event, so it's canon.
BW's postgame has story and lore and isn't canon, Hilbert/Hilda go straight to chasing after N
>>
>>29567410
There is zero evidence that the Seven Sages plot didn't happen.
>>
>>29567474
Hilbert/Hilda never go home, nothing that happens after the save is loaded after the credits is canon
>>
Red is older than the SM protag and likely left Kanto before he was even born.
>>
>>29567603
>nothing that happens after the save is loaded after the credits is canon

Proof?
And Gold traveling to Kanto and the Delta episode aren't canon according to your logic?
>>
>>29567633
In BW2 their mom says they never came home, you automatically come home if you load up the game again, thus it's not canon
>>
>>29567702

Doesn't the game place you outside your house? They could've just not go inside your house.
>>
>>29567603
>>29567702
Hilbert/Hilda never come home literally the second they beat the league? Or are they stated to have just never come home after becoming champion? Because that's two different statements
>>
>>29559747
>But BW2 happens shortly before ORAS
What?
BW2 occur well after ORAS. Remember how the Royal Unova was still I'm the design phase in ORAS?
>>
>>29558229
Because this timeline is bullshit
>>
>>29562518
>Johto and Sinnoh worked so well together and it's a real shame that there hasn't been regions that share that sort of connection.
I don't know, they whole thing felt extremely forced. Especially the whole Sinjoh ruins and BF. None of them had any logical ties beyond trying to remind the player Sinnoh exists.
It was extremely jarring especially when the events of Sinnoh happen shortly after Johto. Hell, it would mean Cynthia flew to Sinjoh and back to Sinnoh in an incredibly small amount of time.
>>
>>29563385
DE is, everything else that doesn't specifically mention a main game appearance or event isn't.
>>
>>29563352
>Like, we learn Silver is Giovanni's son through the Celebi event, so it's canon.
Actually we learn that through FRLG but that's still postgame.
>>
>>29568345
We get an allusion to it that is outright stated in HGSS.

>>29568332
That still seems to restrictive a criteria

>>29568318
How did Sinjoh ruins not feel totally natural? The two regions with the biggest focus on history and traditions are Johto and Sinnoh. The Ruins of Alph already existed and Sinjoh was a pretty natural extension of that. Both regions had similar themes and so it felt fine when they started to combine.

As for the BF, we do get small mentions of people trying to modernize the place, with Baboa building a Safari Zone. A Frontier seems like a good way to do that too. Though I havent beaten the game to get the specific dialogue surrounding it and dont remember from the last time I did
>>
>>29568443
>How did Sinjoh ruins not feel totally natural?
How about the fact that the two regions are extremely far away and that is the only piece of shared history they have? Not to mention the two regions have differening themes one being tradition and history and the other being deities and what not. Why they basically did was jam the two together and hope for the best. Though it was lacking in the parts johto had provided.

Also the BF, a facility that was only recently opened by the end of the events Sinnoh has no reason to exist in Johto at all. Then there are the Sinnoh character appearances like Wake and Maylene during when they should have been in Sinnoh. Basically the thing that makes it feel like a cluster fuck here is that the two events are way too close together.
>>
>>29568619
No, Sinnoh definitely has a theme of tradition and history. Dieties are just a part of it. And not far off Johto's reverence of Ho-oh and Lugia anyways. Plus HGSS gives Johto a lot more diety lore (Embedded Tower being my favourite)

>It is said to be the "first region in the pokemon world"
>has a library that talks about region lore
>legendaries based on the beginning of the universe
>Celestic Town having a shrine in the centre of the town. the town the Champion supposedly comes from
>Solcaeon Town has Unown ruins all over
>half the cross evos evolving through learning Ancient Power, Mamoswine even being a wooly mammoth
>pokemon like Spiritomb and Mamoswine
>all starters based on ancient animal myths

They arent that far away either, Sinnoh is just above Johto, and Sinjoh is about the Johto ancients wandering north and bumping into Sinnoh ancients anyways.

And HGSS takes place slightly before Pt, as the lake of rage events are being reported on at the start of the game. Crasher Wake and Maylene being in Johto and then leaving for Sinnoh after makes sense.

Cant defend the BF at the moment though
>>
>>29563352
Thinking about it, you'd think Wattson would want to base Mallville off of a place in Sinnoh, with all the alternate energy there.
>>
>>29568792
this. sinnoh border johto
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.