[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate Unova?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0006.jpg (261KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
261KB, 800x798px
Why does everyone hate Unova?
>>
>>29556835
Gen Wunners hate it because they hate anything new
Sinnohfetuses hate it because it's better than their region in every way
>>
Because Hilda is shit
>>
>>29556835
Because it's everything wrong in a Pokémon game
>shit designs that are ripped off from genwun
>started the casualization of the series
>retarded evil team, almost as retarded as retarded as Magma/Aqua
>edgy plot, and not even the good type of edgy plot, but the boring ow the edge type of plot
>region is literally a fucking circle
>early game is boring as shit, and only B2W2 redeems the postgame, and then HGSS is better anyways
>that faggot N
>overall a pretty bland region

But as I said, at least B2W2 at least somewhat redeemed it, it's not bad, it's just mediocre in most ways
>>
>>29556835

But they don't; it's just a very vocal minority. Opinions usually range from meh to GOD'S GIFT TO MAN.
>>
>>29557466
>it's just a very vocal minority.

Yeah, a vocal minority within /vp/ which is tiny vocal minority of the fanbase. Most people outside /vp/ shit on Gen 5, even though it indeed does deserve the hate
>>
>>29557391
>Hilda
>shit
no u
>>
>>29556835
Is this your first day here? The /vp hive mind worships unova and hates kalos
>>
>>29556835
Because it's not gen 1
>>
>>29556835
because it executed everything so terribky
>>
>>29556835
Genwunners. Also you can blame the unova hate for the amount of genwun and lucario pandering that occured in Gen 6.
>>
>>29557423
>started the casualization of the series
Yeah because its the last gen to have npcs with more than 2 pokemon and a evil leader without a shit team.
>edgy story
The story in gen is probably the best one yet. Just because the plot was actually serious for once doesnt mean its edgy. Also blowing up the world because people are ugly is edgy
>region is a fucking circle
Its a hexagon anon :^)
>>
>>29557288
This
>>
>>29556835
I used to like gen 5 but the unovabortions constantly shoving it in my face on here made me hate it.
>>
>>29557768
Maybe you should stay out of /vp/ then.
>>
>>29556835
Freedom
>>
File: OWroY.png (32KB, 768x192px) Image search: [Google]
OWroY.png
32KB, 768x192px
>>29557953
Gen 1 has the best story. It's just there and you interact with it and learn through exploration. It's never in really in your face, and the game always feels like you're in control. For all gen I does wrong no game has topped it storywise. I doubt any ever will.

BW are incredibly bland and mediocre, and BW2 are okay but just not as good as Platinum. Though for the most part the only thing anyone ever wants to praise it for is the PWT.

BW's story was garbage. Absolute trash though. It has nothing to do with edge and everything to do with how boring all of the characters are. The characters stop you at every step, every route to drag you through the region. At no point during the main game is your journey your journey. You walk in the straight path the NPCs tell you to take. Leave the gym? Oh here are two characters that will explain what you're doing next, and then dragging you down that route and pushing you to your goal. But this isn't really on Pokemon because it's a downward trend in gaming itself to be as linear as possible. Pokemon is just all the worst for it. Unova is just boring.

Plus there's pic fucking related. The gym puzzle that renders itself entirely worthless. I'll never stop being mad about it. BW had such garbage fucking gym "puzzles"
>>
Although the gen one copymons are disgusting, there's still some decent designs

I think the boring story (N) + the region literally being a circle made it pretty forgettable overall
>>
>>29558283
>Gen 1
>Story

What is wrong with you? Every other gen has a better story than gen 1.
>>
>>29556835
That's just sinnohfetuses
BW1 isnt a top shelf Pokemon game btw
>>
File: Unova.png (2MB, 1442x909px) Image search: [Google]
Unova.png
2MB, 1442x909px
>>29556835
I hate it because a fourth of the fucking region is an ugly ass desert.
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>29558097
>WAAAAA LEAVE MY HUGBOX ALONE!!
>>
>>29558328
Gen 4 was pretty nice, storywise
>>
>>29558328
Except they don't.

Games like Pokemon shouldn't have detailed stories. Gen I's story is mostly told through exploring and talking to NPCs. And the game is never removed from your control. You can do the entire game in whatever order you like after getting to Celadon City. The story never holds itself above the gameplay. Which is important for a game.

II's is non-existant for the most part. Which I do like but what we get is really bland and forgettable.

Gen III's is entirely half-assed. They're never really clear if May/Brendan or Wally are your rival, flopping around between the two in a way where neither is satisfying, until ORAS Maxie and Archie were basically boring palette swaps. Their motivations are also garbage. ORAS fixed Magma and Aqua quite a bit though I will say. It made them pretty fun villains.

IV's I do generally enjoy. Certainly my second favorite, with ORAS in third being the games saving grace. I just like gen I's scaled back story better. Less in your face story is better in my eyes.

Gen V's is just boring. In both games. Characters are bland, a lot of the dialogue is just the same thing rephrased every time you meet the character (Hugh and N are particularly terrible for this), and it's all draped around a region that's boring as shit to explore. And there's just so fucking much of it and none of it is interesting at all. Quantity of story does not equal quality.

VI is halfbaked crap.
>>
>>29557953
>deflects criticisms made on Gen V to Gen VI

Every time. Just because Gen VI was worse than Gen V doesn't mean V isn't shit either. And yes, it did start casualization, it was the first games that regular trainers have 2 mons each and that had gym leader and even the goddamn elite 4 to use 3-4 Pokémon at most.
>>
>autists expecting something from a game series for little boys

Every time.
>>
>>29557288
You spoke new levels of truth.

I mean non linear fags at least have a legitimate complaint in it being streamlined and BW stopping you A LOT in the first few gyms, but I consider it a plus that you only need to use cut ONCE in the game and the rest of HM usage is for optional stuff and backtracking for rewards and item collection.
>>
>>29556835
I've played since the beginning and it is one of my favorites.
>>
>>29557423
HGSS and postgame...ok let me set you straight johto doesn't have a fucking post game, it has the illusion of a postgame!

5 one time side quests is mediocre for postgame, fetching phone numbers is an excuse for rematches and stripped down Kanto and its 16 fancy badges are a lie content wise! Seriously the battle zone in platinum has more trainers, more experience and BETTER CHANCES of updating your team since GSC and HGSS gives you lv 15-38 Pokémon outside of the birds and Snorlax.

Don't even try to pass HGSS as the superior game content wise when even fucking Platinum can give it a run for its moment.

HGSS is all fluff no content.
>>
>>29558866
>Sinnoh: A region built around a dungeon that was considered so difficult by children and even older gamers that the games were made easier in the future
>Unova: A fucking circle.

Oh yeah. Unova's so much better and had no traces of this so called "casualization" that started in gen VI.
>>
>>29559005
I said it is an actual complaint to file.

The game was streamlined too hard and exploration is only done for rewards.

Mt Coronet and unova Bridges are complete polar opposites in the franchise in concept, I mean they aren't as bad as gen 6 route 1...but seriously Mt Coronet was bullshit and the game was trying hard to slow you down all the time, I'll take Hoenn water routes over Sinnoh snowy route with its HM hidden there, literally the only salvation it has is the music that plays there.

ALSO FUCK DEFOG.
>>
>>29559139
>Actually using defog

I bet you use flash too you big huge loser.
>>
>>29558995
This has to be bait.

>le ebin Kanto isn't postgame meme xD
But it is, it happens after you become Champion and the credits roll, it's automatically considered postgame
>Platinum has the Frontier
So does HGSS, not too mention it has other facilities too, such as the Pokeathlon
You may be right about the level scale, but HGSS are still objectively the best games in the franchise

Prove me wrong
>>
>>29556835
i love unova. unovabortions are a cancer
>>
>>29556835

It's a meme spammed by three butthurt fags that people keep shitting on ORAS.

They also shit on HGSS because they know HGSS and BW2 are the most well received mainline games and ORAS is usually on the lower scale of things for /vp/

Just report them and ignore or they'll keep doing it. Notice that this has never happened at the frequency that it did until ORAS came out.
>>
People are just insecure and need someone to pick on.
>>
>>29558782

There's nothing wrong with a detailed story. It's just that Gamefreak goes by it the completely wrong way by shoving exposition down your throat until you choke on int.

They should take a Metroid Prime or Dark Souls approach where most of the story is explained through lore you can optionally pick up/scan. You literally carry around a Pokemon Encyclopedia with you that updates itself everytime you record a new pokemon in it, they should have logs of events and other things as well besides just two sentences about a Pokemon.
>>
> Region tries to repesents USA
> Nobody shooting for no reason
> Totally misrepresents USA
>>
>>29556835
That's a nice Haruhi senpai
>>
>>29557466
>it's just a very vocal minority

Almost everyone outside of /vp/ considers Gen V the worst gen
>>
>>29558782
>You can do the entire game in whatever order you like after getting to Celadon City.
I've always had the impression that was an oversight rather than an intended feature. The game was obviously made in a way that it expects the player to do things in a certain order. If the game had another few months of programming, I feel like they'd have added more roadblocks to stop things like being able to get to Cinnabar early.
>>
pokemon was always a linear game, but Unova was the worst in this aspect. Also, the starters were lame. Plus no innovative mechanic.

But has the best story, PWT was badass. Hilda and Hilber are hot.
>>
Garbodor. That's the only fucking reason they hate it and it's fucking inexcusable. Fuck genwunners and gen one pandering; unova is great
>>
>>29556835
/vp/, like /v/, tends to have shit taste.
>>
>>29556835
lack of innovation, environments were pretty boring and samey though castelia city was pretty interesting, it felt like an actual city
>>
I just don't like the overall design of the region.
There are plenty of good Pokemon designs. Though honestly there are more designs in gen 5 that I particularly dislike than in any other gen.
>>
>>29558283
>Gen 1 has a better story than the generation that actually focused on story
Your argument was immediately dropped on the first sentence, well done.
>>
Say what you will about the game itself, but the region was pretty crap, at least in B/W. Routes are generally short and you're constantly going in just a single direction. B/W2 fixed some of the problems at least, like adding extra routes.
>>
>>29556835
>Why does everyone hate Unova?
>everyone
Nigger please, it's one of the most well-received generations here on /vp/ at least.

The "hate" you see for Unova is mostly a reactionary thing. People have started to hate on Unova more loudly because they're fucking tired of the constant Unova-circlejerk. Kind of like what happened with Kanto, people started to """"hate"""" Kanto because of its obnoxious fans, not the games themselves.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.