[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Pokemon Anime Fans have standards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-Akiyama_Ryo_DT.jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Akiyama_Ryo_DT.jpg
19KB, 300x225px
Is there anything the show can do that they would consider unbelievably bad?
>>
From what I've seen in their general, replacing Ash with a new MC.
>>
>>29555667
fuck off digimon fag
>>>/a/
>>
If it gets boring again like in AG, DP, and BW. Glad SM looks like it's gonna be a comedy, we could use some lighthearted fun after the dramatic story of XY.
>>
>>29555667
>>
>>29555702
What?
>>
>>29555667
Try watching it instead if shitting on it when you most likely have not watched it for 10 years +. Only retards think they can judge something they have no idea about.
>>
>watched what amounts to the same 4 or 5 episodes for twenty years
>grown men who feel passionately about ten year olds falling in love
>have religously watched hundreds of hours of product placement instead of doing something productive or fulfilling

They have no standards. They're human garbage.
>>
>>29555667
Best Wishes is that. Best gen, worst anime.
>>
>>29555729
Stay mad ashcuck. Your anime will never be as good as digimon.
>>
>>29555667
Ash losing the kalos league.
>>
>>29555820
Its a question. I've seen shit in XYZ I don't want to see when watching television. Its not some big grand task to not watch something I dont like. It's just a question

What draws you to the series? What takes you out of it? My favorite franchise is Star Wars and I can tear at it for months. It doesn't take a genius to notice that pokemon anime fans arent often critical of the show
>>
>>29555813
Exactly that.

They don't want a new MC, they want to keep watching Ash for another 20 years.
>>
If you're an adult watching animu, especially kids' animu, you clearly have no "standards" with which to begin.
>>
>>29555667
Trainers fusing with Pokemon. And they've come frighteningly close.
>>
BW, ash losing the kalos league
>>
>>29555835
>have religously watched hundreds of hours of product placement instead of doing something productive or fulfilling
>like lurk on 4chan
>>
Not bringing Serena back.
>>
>>29555935
That's what ruined Digimon for me.
>>29555952
You don't know that about the guy
>>
>>29555952
>not only do you waste your precious, limited life watching children's anime
>you also waste even more time defending it on a polynesian animal husbandry website
>>
>>29555921
That is actually embarrassing. Is there some factor about the show that attracts those people?
>>
File: 1476354613244.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1476354613244.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>29556008
>but i play pokemon
>>
>>29555820
You're actually upset that someone insinuated that the pokemon show isn't good.
Pokemon, with Ash Ketchum. You are defending it.
Mother of God.
>>
>>29555702
is it opposite day today?
>>
>>29556165
The show sucks, the game doesnt suck.
Reasonably smart people play the games, which is how we have genning and IVs and EVs thoroughly studied.

One of these two wastes of time has no mental value as a recreational activity unless you're 5 and you don't understand the importance of friendship and believing yourself and all of that shit
>>
>>29555667
Best Wishes
>>
>>29555921
Disgusting.

Ash should have won the league, SM anime should have started with a new kid and it could be all about a Pokemon Trainer school slice-of-life. Give the kid a Mimikyu for the Pikachu nod and to give him an Alolan partner.
>>
File: 25050798.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
25050798.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>>29556231
>projecting and splitting hairs this badly
>>
Reminder that in the second episode of the series Misty lost her shit at Ash for suggesting that having faith in himself and trying really really hard would help him become a Pokemon Master.
So much for that shit, I bet it was crushed the episode immediately after
>>
>>29555702
Uh, the vast majority would've loved for Ash to have ended his game in XY and have a new mc take over in Alola.

That's partly why SM anime is getting so much crap
>>
>>29556333
The pokemon anime sucks. The games don't suck. They are absolutely not the same thing. If you're suggesting that their quality is tied you're retarded and no one here is going to agree with you.
>>
>>29556304
I'd go as far as to make him win the league, but have the Zygarde arc be his undoing.
>wins the league
>gets an over-inflated ego as a result
>starts acting recklessly because "I'm the strongest trainer in the world"
>Xerosic and Zygarde smack his shit up
>he becomes humbled as a result
>saves the day through the power of friendship
>decides he still has a lot to learn about Pokemon, even if he is the Champion
>goes to school to learn how to be a REAL Pokemon Master
>>
>>29556374
Thats only the western audience, japan prefer ash
>>
>>29556374
>>29556412
Yeah Japan hated Origins which is why they arent getting Generations
People who want a mature cartoon wont watch Pokemon
>>
>>29555667
except from:
- going on longer than it should be
- not changing the main character
- not having intersting, deep and funny episode like the Indigo Leauge
>>
File: 1474352263326.jpg (16KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1474352263326.jpg
16KB, 289x289px
>>29556231
>Reasonably smart people play the games, which is how we have genning and IVs and EVs thoroughly studied.
>instead of doing something productive or fulfilling.
Fucking sperg
>>
>>29556333
>ZOMG HE'S THINKING HOW DARE HE
If you were japanese would you watch american shows for preschoolers
>>
>>29556465
I'm not insinuating that either of those are. I'm not even the guy that said it. They are an unproductive waste of time but they're a testament to the intelligence of the people involved.
What do pokemon anime fans have to show for it other than flooding places with rage whenever their favorite 20 minute commercial does something commercials do
>>
>>29556465
You do realize you're talking about the pokemon cartoon right? Pokemon?
You can't be fucking serious.
>>
>>29556456
>Japan doesn't get Generations
This is news to me. The dialogue in Generations reeks of awkward translations chosen to fit inside the lip-sync.
>>
>>29556557
Yeah man I know what you mean. The dialogue sounds like someone wrote it in japan and translated it into english, people don't notice because they're way too used to anime.
It should be written in the west if it's exclusive to the west, whoever the writer is can't write english dialogue
>>
>>29556391
I enjoy both and am perfectly aware that the games are better.
But I'm amused by your high horse.
>>
>>29556557
Anon is just talking out of his ass
>>
File: 1476478571219.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476478571219.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>29556514
but... Pokeani fans not play the games?
>>
>>29556706
You're not worse than me for liking the anime, you're probably better for society than me, I can't tell on an anonymous board.
Aggressive things said about the anime are my opinions, I don't like the anime so I will talk shit about it.
>>
>>29556671
That and the itadakimasu line in the latest ep. If it's not intended for Japanese fans, why include it?
>>
>>29556751
Generations is literally exclusive to english speakers despite being a dub, what are you talking about?
Unless you're insinuating that the dialogue already is shit.
>>
>>29556798
I figure that the project was meant for a worldwide release and they just didn't release the japanese version since origins did not do well over there.

Maybe they didn't even complete voice acting it in japan, It's hard to tell. If they did finish it you'd think they'd just upload it since they have nothing to lose
>>
>>29556755
How are there people that watch the anime but don't play the games?
>>
>>29556870
Even Spain has a Generations dub.

t. Spaniard
>>
>>29557043
That makes it even weirder
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.