[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REGION MAP ART THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: All Regions.jpg (4MB, 2769x3411px) Image search: [Google]
All Regions.jpg
4MB, 2769x3411px
Why did they decided to draw the official map of Kalos like this?

It made the region feel a lot bigger than I thought going in. Also, its now much harder to tell how the locations connect together in real life. Though that might be intentional because its the same within the games.

Also Sinnoh, Johto and Alola look the best obviously.
>>
File: asterixObelix.jpg (87KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
asterixObelix.jpg
87KB, 365x450px
?
>>
>>29549423
i remember this series
>>
>>29549423
ALso, the image is a lot bigger if you open it in a new tab. 4chan's dumb image limit made this smaller than I wanted it to be
>>
>>29549323
Kalos' map looks fucking disgusting holy shit
>>
>>29549562
it looks like a crayon drawing from a child
>>
>>29549323
you again, fuck off kalos hater. you posted the same shit like 7 times today
>>
>>29549752
>kalos hater boogeyman
This is my first thread today lol.
>>
I think ORAS has the worst one. The attempt at making it look 3D made it look so awkward and gross. Sinnoh and Johto also have maps I'm not too fond of; everything looks so small and cluttered, and it's hard to identify a lot of the cities and landmarks.

Alola and Unova don't have that problem, which is why I like them the most.
>>
>>29549900
I think Hoenn suffered from making it look too much like a video game map.

If you look at Johto, they took some liberties like not making all the buildings face one direction or giving a realistic coastline, or just leaving the ocean open.

Hoenn gives us straight line costs and rocks arranged in a line for the water routes and it just takes out out of it. Both maps are pretty much 1:1 depictions of the regions (besides Mt Silver) but Johto looks more like a real place.
>>
>>29549752
>/vp/ is one person
>>
>>29549323
My favorite part on the franchise are the region. I really dont like Kalos until its Mountaineous part.
>>
>>29549323

I like Alola map, but I miss Midori Harada

Gen 6 had the shittiest map art by far
>>
>>29550651
Same, people are hyped about the pokemon and battles, but what gets me into the games the most is traveling through a new region, and seeing the new locations like towns and cities and forests and the like. And the music for these locations.

I like coastal Kalos the most, central is boring and mountain is a clusterfuck
>>
>>29549323
Wait, where is that Unova map from? It shows some BW2 exclusive areas like Virbank City but not others like Humilau. What gives?
>>
>>29550908
Think the only official BW2 map is either tiny or shows the right side covered in ice, so someone just added the left parts to the BW map. I found it on a site but I can't remember if it was one that had official maps
>>
>>29549323
lol thats my unova edit. nuts to see it be used.
>>
>>29551114
Every other Unova 2 pic I could find was shit
>>
>>29550692
Agreed on both points. The Alola one looks great but the Gen 4 art seems unsurpassable

At least this guy didnt draw Alola as badly as they drew Hoenn.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.