[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It all comes together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: scroll down.jpg (2MB, 1232x9256px) Image search: [Google]
scroll down.jpg
2MB, 1232x9256px
It all comes together
>>
>made 100% out of goo
... wat?
>>
File: 1472520358616.png (377KB, 719x417px) Image search: [Google]
1472520358616.png
377KB, 719x417px
I know this is a meme, but it still triggers me
>>
>>29547645
I honestly feel like those who use those exact arguments have zero artistic background whatsoever and more than anything just say it because "MUH GEN WUN ES SERPOROR" which is extremely disheartening and makes me wonder what the actual fuck is wrong with people nowadays
who in their right fucking minds sees venusaur and flabebe and then has the audacity to say "OH THEY DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT FLABEBE IS TOO SIMPLIFIED IT'S STUPID" fucking jesus christ
>>
>>29548661
>no argument
>spergs out

well memed
>>
>>29547645
Holy shit, I always thought vullaby was wearing an eggshell, not a fucking human skull
>>
>sees Finneon
>"It's too simple."
>sees Kyurem
>"It's too complex."
>>
File: 1473987538317.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473987538317.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>29547645
only autists get mad at new designs
THIS IS THE PRESENT AND FUTURE GRANPA, MOVE ON OR DIE!!
>>
>>29548710
>No argument
>When I'm talking about my feelings on the matter
Okay since you want an argument here we go
Venusaur is literally just a big toad/dinosaur with a fucking plant growing out of it's back, if they didn't add details not even a single soul would've picked it because there is literally nothing else going for the damn thing
"Oh but muh dinosaur plant!!1!" Venusaur is the most fucking boring starter out its bunch, there's a reason why everyone chose the other two way more often, get over yourself
Flabebe is literally a tiny fucking fairy creature riding on a god damn flower, it has way more interesting things going on it its design, like that the actual creature is tiny and adorable, or how the flower is gently floating in the breeze, or why the fuck does this tiny creature ride a flower and what would evolve to.
See that shit? i was able to go into detail and ask questions about a new pokemon design plus i wasn't able to do any real justice to venusaur because i wasn't comparing it to another creature that was MEANT to be like venusaur ie: Meganium or even Torterra and even then Venusaur falls fucking flat as it's still and will always be just a plant dinosaur
Also let's talk about how fucking awkward growlithe's feet are because those fucking pegs have zero joints, toes and most likely paws and the fact it has claws that are just fucking needles pointing in different directions doesn't help it's case at all
"OH BUT MUH DETALI!111!!1" at least lillipup has front legs that look like it can bend and allow it to function as a proper dog, poor growlithe can't even dig shit up.
Look i'm not saying gen 1 designs weren't good, but they most certainly aren't the best, they have massive flaws or are just too boring and generic, details don't mean that they were being creative, details mean that they didn't have better shit to do.
>>
>>29549208
kys
>>
>>29549208
>most boring starter
>not lizard with wings
>people haveing different oppinions
>>
>>29547645
Now this is strawmanning.
>>
>>29549208
kys(s)
>>
>>29547645
He isn't wrong, but I don't see how this makes the new designs bad.
>>
>>29549259
>>29550550
>someone says something that expresses their own opinion
>"where's your argument"
>said person provides a legitimate argument
>faggot doesn't have anything to counter it
>lol kill yourself
You sound like a total idiot. If you don't have anything interesting to say don't say anything at all. Maybe you should take your own advice and kill yourself you fucking mong.
>>
File: retardaf.png (44KB, 118x192px) Image search: [Google]
retardaf.png
44KB, 118x192px
>>29547645
>>
>>29547645
you're right that there's been a change but nothing about it is bad
There's nothing wrong with cartoony. They're cartoons.
Big heads on first stage pokemon are to emphasize youth
It's just good design.
>>
File: kek.gif (878KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
878KB, 300x212px
>>29549259
>when you don't have an argument and your autism kicks in
>>
>>29547645
> eeveelutions
> canines
Stopped here
>>
>>29547645
I know this is a meme, but some of these are pretty on point actually. There are still some good designs (e.g. Galvantula), but there are far too many moe-blobs.

I think the comparison of Ponyta to Keldeo is the best demonstration of how designs have changed. Less detail, more exaggeration, messier color palette.
>>
File: latest[2].png (2KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2KB, 489x487px
genwun waz so much better guis
>>
>>29551680
I love golbat and crobat, but I'd love it if they had huge, wagging tongues
>>
>>29547645
I will admit that I vastly prefer Pokemon with smaller heads and defined joints to ones that don't have those.
>>
>>29547645
Ffffuckk the proportions thing triggers me. Early pokemon look like animals/pokemon and later ones look like depictions of animals/pokemon.

Fucking fuck. My autism will never know peace now.
>>
>>29547645
Pokemon is not Skyrim. Pokemon's art style is cartoony and having hyper-realistic proportions would feel extremely out of place in the otherwise cartoony world.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.