[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low Expectations Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

File: 1471726269-1.jpg (488KB, 1600x2134px) Image search: [Google]
1471726269-1.jpg
488KB, 1600x2134px
This thread is for those who think SM will be average at best and are not hyped at all.
>>
>>29546131
OP is a faggot
>>
>>29546131
nice artwork

they actually managed to make hau'oli city look like an actual city and not the barren of wasteland emptiness it is in-game
>>
File: Stop.gif (1017KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.gif
1017KB, 300x300px
>>29546131
>>
I love chicken-chan
>>
>>29546131
Hi
>>
>>29546131
Yokai Watch's graphics look much better
>>
>>29546131
This is the same as the "S/M will suck, worst game ever, pre-order cancelled" cancer threads
>>
>>29546207
Hau'oli is actually so empty in-game it reminds me of Gen 1 saffron city...

after TR is gone, it literally looks post apocalyptically empty
>>
>>29546273
Your bandwagon series isn't going to last, my dude.
>>
File: 1477324086691.png (417KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477324086691.png
417KB, 400x520px
>>29546273
Where is the lie?
>>
File: 59694107_p1_master1200.jpg (357KB, 1000x528px) Image search: [Google]
59694107_p1_master1200.jpg
357KB, 1000x528px
>>29546131
Any game with Red on it it's automatically a 10/10
>>
>>29546300
I don't really like Yokai Watch but I can't deny it looks much better than Sun/Moon.
Also it's still crazy popular in Japan at least.
>>
File: 1473279257294.jpg (29KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
1473279257294.jpg
29KB, 400x428px
>>29546131
I'm still gonna buy it day 1 out of tradition but I'm honestly not feeling it. Here are some criticisms I have, but I try not to nitpick.
>weakest Pokedex of all time
>UBs are a baffling design choice and very ugly
>half of Alolan forms look like an April Fools joke
>Hau is another "nice and friendly" rival with no personality whatsoever
>gyms are replaced with glorified fetch quests
>the League may potentially not appear (i'm really confused why they announced this)
>game is confirmed to be even easier than XY/ORAS
>Red and Green make an appearance to distract you from how featureless and underwhelming the game really is
I don't know. There's just not much to be excited about. I'm honestly trying to be objective here and I think these are sentiments most people express. The graphics looks nice I guess.
>>
>>29546131
Though I like almost eveything revealed so far. (Except Alolan Persian)

I still have low expectations, because I really can't expect that much from a Pokémon nowadays.

Still like most of everything so far.
>>
>>29546297
Yeah anon, that's what I'm worried about
For supposedly the main and biggest city in Alola, it looks so uninteresting and empty in-game

Not even CLOSE to the same amount of detail and vastness of Lumiose. Hell, even Castelia
>>
>>29546378
>trying to be objective
>posts opinions

I mean, you're free to have think that. None of those are invalid opinions (except the league one), but you don't speak for everyone. Most people love the alola forms for instance.
>>
>>29546378
>gyms are replaced with glorified fetch quests
>The League may potentially not appear
>game is easier than XY/ORAS
Holy shit.
If it goes on like this I'll begin hoping the franchise ends.
Also
>crawling is no more, and you can't move with the + pad
>NO HMs, you do some shit that's actually more related to Pokemon ranger (calling a Pokemon)
Looks like I'm gonna pirate from now on.
>>
I feel like Sun/Moon is likely just an experiment if breaking out of the usual formula would be accepted and be successful (and it will be).

The Pokemon of this gen is the least I've liked. They're very cartoonish and you can tell the design/style differences with them if you compare them with gen 1-3 Pokemon. I think the Pokemon designs of this gen are also weird as fuck in general, the bad kind of 'weird'.

Also the gen 1 pandering needs to stop, but then again they're putting as much gen 1 content as possible because of the anniversary.
>>
>>29546378
>I'm honestly trying to be objective here
>calls defeating a series of Pokemon "glorified fetch quest"
>says "Hau has no personality whatsoever"
I won't even ask you what's your favorite Pokemon game in fear of getting HGSS or BW2 as an answer.
>>
>>29546584
Also to add, it's an experiment to the gameplay experience, breaking down from the grid movement and chibi models. The world needs to be larger though.

I think it really needs work though since like an anon said, Yokai Watch is better in all of those aspects and it was like what, 3 years ago? But to be fair that game had only a few places.
>>
>>29546237
Ed! Focus! We gotta scam the kids with these 'Alolan Forms'!
>>
File: Grey Lanterns.png (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Lanterns.png
49KB, 500x375px
I don't think the games are gonna be awful, but I'm not hyped at all. Gen 6 killed a lot of my love for this series and the fact that there will no longer be a third version means that all the flaws won't be fixed
>>
>>29546620
>My favorite game is ORAS !
>>
File: 250px-050Diglett.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-050Diglett.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>29546584
>They're very cartoonish and you can tell the design/style differences with them if you compare them with gen 1-3 Pokemon.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>29546762
exact same here
>>
>>29546620
Hau really is boring though. He's totally indiscernible from other characters like Shauna. Just an overly happy-go-lucky kid with no real personality. This is concerning because it's clear GF didn't learn from the XY rivals being shit. Hau is yet another example of GF trying to make the player feel good instead of trying to create an actual interesting character.
Defeating Blue was fun. Defeating Silver was fun. Even Hugh was alright. They were all fun because they shared a common key trait: they were assholes and acted as genuine rivals. The things they said and did actually made the player WANT to defeat them. The XY rivals on the other hand... there's nothing to give a shit about in those battles since there is nothing to be emotionally invested about. They're all just bland, nice characters who tell you "wow, good job!! you're so strong :)))" after you defeat them. It feels so empty. I don't want a "rival" to pat me on the back. I want a rival to hype me up and give me a reason to defeat them.
>>
>>29546207
>Basing Hau'oli city off of the demo
First of all we're blocked off of certain partsof the city. 2nd, atleast they have itneractable people roaming the streets now (and even standing). The trailer's shown the beach is some what crowded, and it's safe to assume NPCs are rearranged in the demo.
>>
>>29546584
>The Pokemon of this gen is the least I've liked. They're very cartoonish and you can tell the design/style differences with them if you compare them with gen 1-3 Pokemon
>Also the gen 1 pandering needs to stop

Make up your fucking mind
>>
>>29547004
Hold your horses, there's still Gladion.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.2000237.jpg (2MB, 2562x2562px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.2000237.jpg
2MB, 2562x2562px
We've already played the demo and it was great. We're only going to get more of that so how could it possibly be bad?
>>
>>29546378
>objective
>opinions and half truths
Look man I'm not on the hype train either and my reception to SM has been all but lukewarm but please stop misusing this word.
>>
>>29546944
>Gives one Pokemon
Most of the Gen 1-3 pokemon don't look so round and cartoony while gen 7 ones mostly do.
>>29547075
You clearly didn't understand. There needs to be more exposure to other previous gens as well, not just gen 1. It's unfair that gen 1's been getting it but then again it's their 20th anniversary.
>>
>ITT: Unovabortions think their opinions matter
>>
>>29547131
Obviously they're mostly my opinions but when I say objective I mean unbiased.
>>
I lost all faith when DexNav was removed.
>>
>>29547102
Why does this artist have their signature on this when all of this seems to be traced.
>>
File: 1473798598958.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473798598958.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>29547004
A person doesn't need to be an edgy ass little bitch like silver to be a compelling character. Wally is a literal leukemia suffering asthmatic with all the baseline assertiveness of a baby chinchilla, and he's still an objectively better rival than blue since he has something resembling a character arc, and the fight on him with victory road had me pretty hype in ORAS, though admittedly the music score played a large part in that.

If you want an asshole rival that's fine, but that's just a fresh hot opinion.
>>
I heard the PSS is gone. And that you have to actually go into a building to use online features. Is this true? Please tell me it's not.
>>
>>29546131
>low expectations thread
>post comfy as fuck image
>>
>>29547192
It's a feature of Hoenn like how Poketch was for Sinnoh so it's bound to happen.
>>
>>29547192
Any gen 6 feature being removed is probably a good thing.
>>
>>29546620
>HGSS or BW2
What is YOUR favorite?
>>
>>29547256
>>29547192
>feature of Hoenn
That's no excuse it's dumb to remove things because "oh em gee it's apart of that region!" like they're not all in some worlds. That'd be like having the iphone exclusive to the US. But DESU the best reason for removing it is because it would basically break the game, it's not a remake like ORAS and it's the beginning of the generation. I see the Dexnav being a remake / 3rd game feature.
>>
>>29546131
Where is the Male MC? Fuck Chicken-slut, I want to see comfy artwork with the better protagonist.
>>
>>29547227
The PSS was replaced by some sort of "join avenue" dimension that you can enter anywhere where it seems that you can talk fight/trade the trainers there. There's also a fast multiplayer option on the menu but we don't know how that will work.
>>
>>29547055
We've seen majority of the city. The rest doesn't look any better.

>beach is some what crowded

kek
They couldn't even be bothered to place more than 4 people in a beach.
>>
>>29547169
Because I don't want to list the massive amounts of round and cartoony pokemon from Gen 1-3, including

Rattata, jigglypuff, vileplume, diglett/trio, magnemit/trio, voltorb, sudowoodo, politoed, phanpy and luvdisc just off the top of my head.

also
>round and cartoony is unrealistic so it's bad

I take it you think Krabby is more realistic than Crabrawler just because it's jaggier.
>>
>>29547004
>I want a rival to hype me up and give me a reason to defeat them.
This makes me question why you name Silver at all, and even praise him.
Getting "lol u beat me I'M STILL STRONGER HAHAHA YOU WEAK SHIT I'M INVINCIBLE" doesn't make him have a better characterization, it doesn't make him stronger or awesome, it makes him a pathetic whiny child.

Hell you even make up random shit: in no way was Hugh an asshole, he was Hau 0.5(Hau from the demo, a character that also we don't even know almost anything outside like 10 lines) unless Plasma was involved which made him rage.

Blue is always a cocky little shit but never an asshole outside not giving you the map and attacking you at Silph. He gives you ton of advice before and after fighting and wants to face you at your strongest.

Silver is the only asshole rival, and nothing he does is interesting or makes me want to fight him. How did GF exactly create "an interesting character" with him?
Wally isn't edgy and is always either happy or depressed but even in RSE he's a much better character than Silver. Barry is Less Cocky Blue but he's still better than Silver.

Calem/Serena are shit too but it doesn't mean Silver is any better. Being edgy doesn't make a character automatically good. Especially when he's edgy against you for no reason. Gladion looks like a Silver 2.0 and if he's edgy at least you have the "but he's part of the evil team" excuse. Not a pathetic kid that calls you out on being weak every time you defeat him.

>>29547282
Emerald, but i don't excuse it being an easy game with easy rivals and don't go bring up the BF to cover up how lacking the rest of the game is(as ORAS shows)
>>
File: skullgirl.jpg (235KB, 1200x838px) Image search: [Google]
skullgirl.jpg
235KB, 1200x838px
Gonna pirate it. maybe buy it later.

I was going to but too much shit comes out in November for me to care about pokemon of all things

>Dishonored 2
>Shantae HGH
>Skullgirls 2nd Encore LR
>Volume LR
>Exist Archive
>Sky Tree village
>FFXV

Too much good shit to care about Pokemon.
>>
>>29547473
I'd rather have an edgy rival than a friendly one even if they're both technically shit characters. What it all comes down to is whether or not battling them is fun and it's obviously more fun to beat someone who is talking shit.
>>
>>29547191
I get what you're going for man but Blue had about as much personality of a mosquito bite and Silver was just a dumb cunt whose growth as a character just sorta comes at you and then he fucks off for good.

Asshole rivals only really apply to Silver and maybe Blue, Barry is pretty hyper and happy go lucky aswell and he's one of the strongest rivals we've ever gotten. I just could never agree on this whole "previous rivals had better personality thing" when they've all been pretty one note since the franchise started.
>>
>>29547506
>Dishonored 2
>FFXV
>good
>>
>>29547371
By entering the join avenue "anywhere", do you mean it's similar to how you can summon a Tauros anywhere?
>>29547354
Male protag is the most bland character design in years. Worse than Calem even.
>>
>>29547371
>The PSS was replaced
>>29547579
There's no confirmation the PSS was actually entirely replaced.
>>
File: 1354308702956s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1354308702956s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>29547575
>I'm a contrarian about games that aren't even out!

You seem a little lsot buddy, let me help you.
>>>/v/
>>
>>29546378
>I'm honestly trying to be objective here and I think these are sentiments most people express.
Well, they're not really. At all. Not even on /vp/.
>Pokedex is as hit or miss as it's ever been
>UB's are a cool and unique concept
>(Alolan forms fucking suck I'll give you that one)
>We don't know a single thing about Hau's role later on, but I can understand where you're coming from
>Gyms are probably going to appear later on
>It is going to appear
>No it's not
>The last part is just nitpicking

I can do it too.
>
>>
>>29547622
>contrarian

Do you just not know what that means? Dishonored was ass so thinking the sequel will be good is retarded. And everything we've actually played from FFXV has been shit as well. Don't blame me for your shit taste.
>>
File: 1473711063277.png (231KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1473711063277.png
231KB, 342x342px
>>29547638
>Gyms are probably going to appear later on
>>
File: 1413039372693.jpg (157KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
1413039372693.jpg
157KB, 576x440px
>>29547695
>I-its not my fault I have shit taste! its everyone else!
>>
>>29547713
Yes, they announced it in the trailer. It's obvious from what they say in it that it's going to appear postgame.
Is this another episode of /vp/ denialfag denying the obvious for no reason other than to be a contrarian?
>>
>>29547553
What it all comes down to is whether or not battling them is fun and it's obviously more fun to beat someone who is talking shit IF HE CAN BACK UP THAT TALK. He stops talking shit just before the end of the game but that doesn't mean i haven't treated him as a "Rocket Admin but with a starter"-tier trainer until that point.

>>29547622
Isn't that what this thread is about though?
>>
>>29546332
hot
>>
>>29546131
Dem chicken legs tho.
>>
>>29546273
the order look much better and is a shit, just like yokai watch
>>
>>29547204
probably the same reason idiots make gifs of the game and put their watermark on them
>>
>>29547762
>postgame gyms
Now what the fuck is this?
>>
File: Ct8VWtrWIAEn0hr.jpg large.jpg (97KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
Ct8VWtrWIAEn0hr.jpg large.jpg
97KB, 919x688px
>>29547579
Is an option on the menu

>>29547602
I guess I'm still speculating but battling, trading, GTS and wondertrade where all shown on the japanese festival plaza trailer, is a fair assumption considering they haven't shown any sign of the PSS yet.
>>
>>29546207
yeah there should be people around it, that compared with the fog in the distance to cover up the shitty handeld makes it look more like Silent Hill than Hawaii
>>
Don't expect a good plot even if it's different.
I also have a feeling that the game will be more difficult to replay because of overabundance of "cinematic" scenes.
>>
>>29546131
>Awful Pokedex
>Shitty Pokeride mechanic that both removes HMs and the Bicycle
>Something actually creative in the trials that will inevitably be a fakeout and return to the regular gym format in the end
>Blue is back so people get to sperg out about his name again
>>
>>29546177
A realist faggot. So many people here are going so disappointed when they play the game and realize it's nothing like what Nintendo's marketing team wanted them to believe.
>>
>>29548355
That's clearly the option to go to Disney World.
>>
File: img_01.png (1MB, 670x948px) Image search: [Google]
img_01.png
1MB, 670x948px
>>29550608
Now you can go to Disney World just by pressing a button.
>>
the game will always be shit until they start actually randomizing pokemon and allowing you to catch them all instead of having to go to new york tokyo and south Africa special events

fuck shit game shit shit shit delete this whole board
>>
>>29546131
Well i think they aren't going to be amazing. But for no objective reason; my love for the franchise is just slowly fading away, like a friend you don't talk to anymore 'cause you no longer have anything in common.

I'll probably buy the game whenever i find it 30/40% off somewhere.
>>
>>29547004
Hugh and asshole in the same sentence?

The guy that heals your mons, ask you if you want to team up, asks for your help, gives you help when you are surrounded and later battles you to help your Pokémon become stronger is an asshole...

DUDE, this guy even guides you to where to go if you use the xtranceiver.

Hugh is the second most involved rival in your quest, after Barry, the friendliest rival after Shauna, and a cool guy for using Flygon unironically.

Don't mix him with edgelord Silver, a rival that didn't even bother to evolve magneton.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.